Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slaking Kong! (455)

Default Slaking Kong! (455)

Slaking Kong!

On their way to the Grand Festival at the Indigo Plateau, Ash & Co. come across a large group of Aipom, however the mischievous Aipom steal Ash's Hat and May's Ribbon Case and run off. However when they track down the Aipom, it turns out they worship a Giant Slaking who soon appears and kidnaps May. Can Ash & Co. rescue May from the Giant Slaking and get the Hat and Ribbon Case back in time for May to participate in the Grand Festival?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Wow, looks like a good filler. I wonder if the aipom is going to follow or is one of the characters going to catch it?

aipom will have an important roll here, I think. Maybe it will be caught by one of the main characters or it may follow them, like jigglypuff did..

People, please remember the rules of these discussions...please dont post until you've seen the ep, read the guide or seen the pictures. And Please don't post apologising either

Sorry to all of you believers but...

Ash did not catch Aipom., Neither did Brock or May.

So sad...really but funny for a filler.

Dang. So I was wrong about Slaking Kong being Ash's Frontier capture/Pyramid trump card too, then. I hope there was some kind of backstory to this.....

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Aipom returns after the GF though, so it's only a semi-filler. In any case, the King Kong parody had me interested since the getgo.

The giant Slaking was merely a robot Team Rocket made to get food/sacrifices from the ape Pokémon, Aipom, Mankey, Vigoroth and regular Slaking respectively.

Ash gave up his beloved hat since the Aipom liked it so much, but go it back at the end of the episode plus a piece of fruit and a pink flower. Awwww~

When May fell, Ash sent out his Sceptile to save her.

For the Ash fangirls - Ash was hatless practically the entire episode except for a total of a few minutes from the start and the end.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Seen the pics.

I'm really impressed how real the robot Slaking looked...but the "real" average Slaking's looked a bit too small, I'm a little disapointed with that.

Nice filler, I really like the monkey Pokemon.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a female HA non-US Murkrow
    preferably with 5IVs and in a Heal Ball or Luxury Ball

PM me if you have one! ♡

It does look like Aipom is following the group, so hopefully Ash wil get it.

Ooh, that was cool. =D Swellow-fighter-plane = awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FireHead Hank
    I'm really impressed how real the robot Slaking looked...but the "real" average Slaking's looked a bit too small, I'm a little disapointed with that.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. They looked really tiny compared to the Normal Gym battle. They were only just bigger than the Vigoroth. 0o

Anyway I liked the screens, I can't wait to watch the episode and use footage from it for another fake trailer (GUESS which film trailer will be the audio). Oh and the Aipom in this episode is cool, I feel somewhat disapointed it wasn't caught but I wasn't expecting it to be.
    Last edited by Gaiash; 9th June 2006 at 1:26 PM.

That screenie of Pikachu Volt Tackling Cacnea is pretty cool. Interesting the Slaking turned out to be a Mecha.

I'm not sure that I'm relieved about that or disappointed.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

We can not only add King Kongo to the "Spoofed by Pokemon" list but also Scooby Doo. This screamed Scooby Doo rip off. Even the old man telling the story and then the mech to seal the deal.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

And they would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids

Na, if it was Scooby Doo like then it would have been the old man controlling the Slaking

Though this is Pokemon. It doesn't have to be perect but it's still a ripoff.

Pika-pika-chu

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Seem the ep pics. Always a gd viewing!

Ash and Aipom looked 2 make a gd team when at the cliff base by the river.
    And the open ending of Aipom showing effection 2 Ash screams a possible "Follower" Pokemon like Jigglypuff or Snubble. However hopefully It will met up with Ash latter down the road and decided 2 join his team unlike the pass "follower" pokemon who just seemed 2 endlessy follow the mian characters, become very annoying them disappear.

I can see this Aipom following Ash 2 the end of the BF then get capture by him and become a strong team member with possible new evo in the D/P land.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Jessie really crossed the line this time by mocking May with her stolen ribbon case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Though this is Pokemon. It doesn't have to be perect but it's still a ripoff.

Pika-pika-chu
    But Scooby-Doo? Not this time, Gadget!

I'm getting a little bored with Pokemon's animation. Yeah, I know what you're thinking guys, "Getting bored? Where have you been?" But it's high time they started to step up to the plate. Why do we have to put up with only one or two episodes with great animation? Let's see that the whole way through. Weekly basis or not, there's more to animation than walking, running, and mouth flaps. Heck, the gang must suffer from the worst case of pit sweat ever seen.

Next week's preview wasn't spectacular either. Things are so cut and dry.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    And they would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids

Na, if it was Scooby Doo like then it would have been the old man controlling the Slaking
    Not forgetting the whole Mask Feasco, revealing that the old man is not the old man, but is a ****** off Harley!

But meh, this is a Ok looking filler. Aipom looks like it is following the group(and makes me want to use one in my team now, it looks so sweet! ^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    But Scooby-Doo? Not this time, Gadget!

I'm getting a little bored with Pokemon's animation. Yeah, I know what you're thinking guys, "Getting bored? Where have you been?" But it's high time they started to step up to the plate. Why do we have to put up with only one or two episodes with great animation? Let's see that the whole way through. Weekly basis or not, there's more to animation than walking, running, and mouth flaps. Heck, the gang must suffer from the worst case of pit sweat ever seen.

Next week's preview wasn't spectacular either. Things are so cut and dry.
    Well as you said, animating a new episode for practically every week for the entire year with only a one week break has got to be taxing.

If Pokemon only had 2 new episodes a month or something, then yeah, I'd expect stellar animation in each new episode. But c'mon, we know these guys are stressed. Writing, storyboarding, and animating new episodes on a weekly basis? These guys don't get any time off!

By that, it's no surprise that the writing or animation takes plunges during certain weeks, because they're almost slaves to the series. After watching this new episode, makes me imagine a bunch of Japanese men being whipped by a ton of Aipom to churn out a new ep every week.

Anyway, this episode rocked. Pictures don't do it justice, I loved it. Pretty much a split Ash/May spotlight episode, since they both had major parts devoted to them due to their hat/ribbons being stolen.

Yeah, I hope Aipom becomes the next Jigglypuff/Snubbull/Delibird/Loudred.

OFFTOPIC; I made 2 other posts in this thread and now they're both gone. WTF happened here?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 1 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Was I the only one who thought the Aipom wearing Ash's hat looked too much like the older Pichu bro? o_o

Yeah, I hope Aipom becomes the next Jigglypuff/Snubbull/Delibird/Loudred.
    Can Loudred really count? It was in it for like what 2 episodes? And only in Dewford, IMO Spoink is a better example of Jigglypuff than Loudred since Spoink showed up in TWO DIFFERENT places while Loudred was only on Dewford, also no the Exploud Loudred and the Loudred from the Jiggly episode were not the one from Dewford.

But Jiggly, Snubbull and Delibird are unable to be argued against due to their constant poping up, not as much for Delibird though.

OMG more Anime mis-sizing, Slaking looked waaaay smaller than Norman's, maybe it was to seem like the Giant Slaking Robot was bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Well as you said, animating a new episode for practically every week for the entire year with only a one week break has got to be taxing.

If Pokemon only had 2 new episodes a month or something, then yeah, I'd expect stellar animation in each new episode. But c'mon, we know these guys are stressed. Writing, storyboarding, and animating new episodes on a weekly basis? These guys don't get any time off!

By that, it's no surprise that the writing or animation takes plunges during certain weeks, because they're almost slaves to the series. After watching this new episode, makes me imagine a bunch of Japanese men being whipped by a ton of Aipom to churn out a new ep every week.
    Other anime's do it no problem and their animation is at least a step up above Pokemon's. That's what I'm trying to get at: that there isn't (or shouldn't) be any restrictions on the quality of the episodes' animation other than the direction of the animators themselves.

Digital art to work with? It's there. A high following of interest? You bet; Pokemon is a super popular series, both on and off the anime. Episodes of anime get brought out every week for a number of series out there. What's stopping Pokemon from matching Naruto or One Piece?

Even the style seems flat, but that could be just simple mimicry of the Pokemon art style itself. That can't excuse the absence of expression and liveliness in animation, though. And that all kind of ties into the episode. Why can't we see Slaking accidentally fall asleep. Where's May's cute sheepishness? Did Max stop being a know-it-all brainer? What's stopping them from having James being dashing or Ash being headstrong or putting some effort into how funny a character can act? That's what I'd like to see... Something that reminds us that these characters aren't just pieces of cardboard.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Well there is a future episode called Aipom and the King revealed by Serebii today which may include the one that took Ash's hat which is when one of the group may capture.
    [IMG]

[/IMG]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast