Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slaking Kong! (455)

Slaking Kong

Sorry about that

That was one bigass Slaking. Oh, hahaha...Anyways, I saw this episode a couple of hours ago and it was an okay episode. Somehow, I always have to crack up about Wobbuffet in that outfit. But that's all I'll comment on for the time being.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    So am I right in saying that Ash really didn't care if the Aipom kept his hat? He seemed to just go about his way and not care, which is why he was surprised when he saw Aipom leave his hat on a rock.
    Nah, after he and Aipom had that fall, Ash tried to get it back, but Aipom held onto it. Then I got the impression that Ash said something like: "You really like it, huh? Well, that's ok, you can keep it." So it's not like he didn't try and didn't care. And of course there was that scene at the end where Ash was uncomfortable without his hat.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazken
    ok ep I would of a real giant slaking but have to say i dint see the writter have to be a robot

for a sec i thougt combusk elove into a Blazken and save because i think he was out of his pokeball can't tell in the pic but no Sceptile save the day

well we now know may not leaving the show
    Can other people quote this guy and make sarcastic comments cause it's only 9AM in the morn' here.

End of post.

-Wow, that old man's flashback was useless. It was like the writers jsut threw it in so that he had an excuse to go along...other than the fact that the Aipom were already stealing his stuff...or maybe it was a (bad)excuse to let us know about the giant Slaking early. It probably wouldn't have bugged me as much if he didn't look about 20 years younger in the flashback. D: Of course, the guy didn't have much of a purpose anyway...
    -Aipom? Check. Vigoroth? Check. Slaking? Cheque. Mankey? Czech. Primeape? Nope. Odd how they had ALL the monkey/ape Pokemon except for one. :<
    -That giant Slaking really WAS one of TR's most realistic mechas. I have to wonder when and how they got in it at the end, though. They fell off the pillar along with the mecha, they landed away from it, the mecha was set on fire, TR was on fire too, and then they were magically inside the mecha? Eh, I guess it doesn't matter that much, but still.
    -The new quiz thing is much better than the one they dropped. Having to pick out the Pokemon that doesn't belong is SLIGHTLY more challenging than having to realize that you have something called "short-term memory" and using it.
    -Ooo, Spurt makes nice background music. Watch them reuse it so much that we get sick of it. D:
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    -Wow, that old man's flashback was useless. It was like the writers jsut threw it in so that he had an excuse to go along...other than the fact that the Aipom were already stealing his stuff...or maybe it was a (bad)excuse to let us know about the giant Slaking early. It probably wouldn't have bugged me as much if he didn't look about 20 years younger in the flashback. D: Of course, the guy didn't have much of a purpose anyway...
    I thought it was a different guy in the flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    even though the show's animation is still pretty lackluster, you must admit, the music seems to have taken a step in the right direction (read my previous comment on instrumental Spurt! and Ariados appeal BGM). Remember last year, when we were complaining about the music seeming too cartoony? But yeah, I can agree that this episode was pretty lackluster for the most part.
    Can't say I disagree with you. However, it's a little disheartening that they seem to be content with sticking to tracks from various movies and a handful of the classic Kanto stuff these days. It seems like it's been years since I last heard the R/S wild pokémon battle theme or magma/aqua battle music in the show :/

come to think of it.... why the hell didn't they expand on the giant silhouette that Taylor (the filler guy) saw? If Kekking Kong's just a robot, then what the hell was that flashback all about? Just a little plot device that got dropped faster than the GS Ball? For that matter... is it just me, or did Taylor say "ichi nen mae" (one year ago) when talking about his encounter? Given how much younger he looks, there is no way in hell that could've been a year ago (if I'm getting the quote wrong, please correct me).
    The theory I have going through my mind currently, is that there actually was a giant Slaking around that area at some point, and that we haven't heard the last of it's little tale.
    Taylor's first sighting of the creature couldn't possibly have been a mechanical creation, considering he had supposedly been living around the ape pokémon territory for quite some time. And apparently, in all the year(s) he's been loitering around there, that was pretty much his only sighting of the beast. So that could mean that Slaking Kong only visits the area once in a blue moon or perhaps even had to move away due to circumstances beyond it's control.
    And if that's the case, then perhaps the King mentioned in the upcoming 'Aipom and the King' is, in actuality, the true Slaking Kong, residing in an alternate part of the mountain range?

Eh...a bit of stretch maybe, but it makes just as much sense as anything else in this particular episode ^^;

And just a note I forgot to add in my last post: The voice of Team Rocket's mecha sounded infinitely better than that of a real Slaking.

Because just about everyone saw it coming
    Slaking Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    Because just about everyone saw it coming
    Slaking Kong
    LOL! That was hilarious. Well I saw the pics. and I think that team rocket had scared out the real Slaking kong and I really like the pics. it seems as if there are 2 monkeys missing: Slakoth and Primape. I'm happy we got to see Combusken get screen time seeing how it's very important on May's team. I to was surprised that it was a robot, well let's hope the writers keep the surprises coming.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

Whoooooooo, that trailer was HILARIOUS (yeah, I've finally gotten YouTube to work on my computer!)

Somehow, I bet Gravy's theory is right. Maybe the "Aipom and the King!" episode after the Grand Festival stars the real Slaking Kong and the whole thing is a sort of split up mini-arc?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Can't say I disagree with you. However, it's a little disheartening that they seem to be content with sticking to tracks from various movies and a handful of the classic Kanto stuff these days. It seems like it's been years since I last heard the R/S wild pokémon battle theme or magma/aqua battle music in the show :/

The theory I have going through my mind currently, is that there actually was a giant Slaking around that area at some point, and that we haven't heard the last of it's little tale.
    Taylor's first sighting of the creature couldn't possibly have been a mechanical creation, considering he had supposedly been living around the ape pokémon territory for quite some time. And apparently, in all the year(s) he's been loitering around there, that was pretty much his only sighting of the beast. So that could mean that Slaking Kong only visits the area once in a blue moon or perhaps even had to move away due to circumstances beyond it's control.
    And if that's the case, then perhaps the King mentioned in the upcoming 'Aipom and the King' is, in actuality, the true Slaking Kong, residing in an alternate part of the mountain range?

Eh...a bit of stretch maybe, but it makes just as much sense as anything else in this particular episode ^^;

And just a note I forgot to add in my last post: The voice of Team Rocket's mecha sounded infinitely better than that of a real Slaking.

From a Newtype Magazine Scan, translated on BMG by Woopert

As Satoshi-tachi resume their travels to the Battle Pyaramid, along the way they learn of an event being held to choose a village's new king. Villagers are scrambling to find the crown, as it seems that whoever finally obtains the crown will become the king for the next year. Thinking that the villagers find it amusing, Satoshi-tachi immediately decide to participate.
    So, I doubt the Slaking Kong is in it. However, I really think this episode has the same Aipom, since theyr'e looking for headgear and Aipom seems to be a kleptomatic obssed with hats.

Nice video Gaish!

Aww man. I was really hoping that entire flashback would be expanded on, instead of just being a pointless plot-hole.

No honestly. I was.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Aww man. I was really hoping that entire flashback would be expanded on, instead of just being a pointless plot-hole.

No honestly. I was.

Seriously.
    It's not a plot-hole, it's Pokemon's creative writing team hard at work.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Maybe the real Giant Slaking died and TR made a Mecha of it. After all, that flashback was a year ago, wasn't it?

Enjoyable episode. I liked Satoshi showing some maturity by being willing to give up his hat in the end. There was also some great stuff with Satoshi and Haruka, and the music was great, especially the Instrumental version of Spurt.

Maybe the real Giant Slaking died and TR made a Mecha of it. After all, that flashback was a year ago, wasn't it?
    Oh...oh god! What if that Slaking was a cyborg of the original! And Ash killed it and blew it up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Oh...oh god! What if that Slaking was a cyborg of the original! And Ash killed it and blew it up!!!
    Bite-size Slaking Snacks?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

It was, but I would think that our monkey friends would've buried it first, unless they thought it was a ghost of the real one. But then how did they figure out about the giant Slaking? Did they ask the person who saw it a year ago or something? Did they see it's body? Did they just come up with some random plan to grab pikachu and any other pokemon they want? Why Slaking and not Aipom? Why couldn't it actually be a lazy mecha that acts like a big Slaking?

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

We really need someone who knows Japanese to figure this out for us.

There were a lot of primate-style pokemon in this episode. But why were there Vigoroth and Slaking in Kanto? And did Ash capture the Aipom who stole his hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    There were a lot of primate-style pokemon in this episode. But why were there Vigoroth and Slaking in Kanto? And did Ash capture the Aipom who stole his hat?
    No, but it did follow him

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    Because once again we have witnessed the awsome power of what having no brain does to the writers.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat
    Because once again we have witnessed the awsome power of what having no brain does to the writers.
    No, recent generation Pokemon appearing in Kanto has happened since Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    No, recent generation Pokemon appearing in Kanto has happened since Johto.
    What I meant was that before they went to Hoenn no one seemed to know/talk about it at all with the exception of a few times at the Johto League, and there were no wild Hoenn PKMN in Kanto/Johto at all.

Now we suddenly have Vigoroth & Slaking appearing out of nowhere and no one in the group seems to be wondering heavily about why Hoenn PKMN all of a sudden are in Kanto.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat
    What I meant was that before they went to Hoenn no one seemed to know/talk about it at all with the exception of a few times at the Johto League, and there were no wild Hoenn PKMN in Kanto/Johto at all.

Now we suddenly have Vigoroth & Slaking appearing out of nowhere and no one in the group seems to be wondering heavily about why Hoenn PKMN all of a sudden are in Kanto.
    to be fair they could have ment that some Houen Pokemon are hard to find in Kanto. Like Kecleon or Blaziken

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister
    I, myself, preferred the Jessie and May rivalry over everything else in the episode. I really loved Jessie's evilness, and taunting May with her ribbon case *insert outrage from rabid May fan*. Of course, Jessie was doomed from the start, but at least we had a good Combusken vs. Seviper battle. In fact, Combusken got a lot of battle spotlight in this episode.
    I agree. The images of Jessie tormenting May with her ribbons really makes me sick. I still wish Jessie would leave the show for good. Of course, it wouldn't be fair to any Jessie fan.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast