Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: May, We Harley Drew'd Ya! (456)

I really like the dub of this episode!! May and her interaction with all her rivals was really handled well! Solidad, they made it sound good in the show so I thought it was ok. Speaking of Solidad, her voice was awesome, it sounded caring and calmed yet she could get so hyped up for the contest.

Was Solidad really from Pewter City in the original? If so, cool!! And you can totally hear the contestshipping in this episode too! Seriously, Solidad saying how Drew talked about May and only May (or something along those lines)...yeah contestshipping!!

Harley was hilarious!! Wow...PUSA did a great job in making his character so flamboyant like he's supposed to be.

Drew seems that he is not the type that wants to lose which gives some insight to his character, and it seems and Ash has Aipom trouble (which I like to see...Aipom causing trouble=!). Plus, I loved the fact that they mentioned Ash's pokemon league...I mean they didn't mention Haunter, Sabrina, Koga, etc. but they did mention the pokemon league!! (Btw, did they do that in the original...if so cool!).

Now, to make this episode more "grand," I like how they kept the Grand Festival sign "Grande Festibol"! Shows, that they're not like 4Kids and edit things to make it more American (and if they forgot to edit it, I'm glad PUSA didn't).

Max is like the smartest guy with the group.

1. Voices: Caroline's was pretty good, but I like her old voice better.

Vivian's was horrible...

2. Solidad is a strange name, but I could sense a strange tense of emotions throughout the whole group of coordinators, espicially between May and Drew, during this episode.

3. Mayley... scarred me for life... I NEARLLY HAD A HEART ATTACK!!!

Yes, Saori is from Pewter City in the original as well.

Solidad is a strange name
    Because, of course, exotic and different= strange. Remember that kids. USA! USA!

Great i missed it, thanks cartoon network for having to show a new episode every day.

Seeing "Mayley" gave me a "Wiggin" Thought! What if I agreed with ChakiChu, and had her make a May costume for me, and I can make a Don Patch plushie for myself, give him a wig and bandanna, and call him "MAY PATCH!" That would be a Super Fist of the May!
    It's been too long since I've been here.

Harley in a May outfit O_o that freaked me out,but thats why Harley rocks!

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    It certainly does sound like an odd name, but apparently it's Spanish. After a quick Google search, I can't help but wonder if the character was named after this lady.
    Not sure if anyone noticed this or not, judging by the comments afterward about the name...

And if anyone wants clarification, although I haven't seen the dub yet, apparently all the hometowns that you guys heard are correct and true to the original. Soledad is from Brock's hometown of Pewter City, Drew is from LaRousse City of Destiny Deoxys fame, and Harley is from Slateport City.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

harley takes being weird to a whole new level.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Harley+May outfit=win.

Although this was mostly a serious episode other than the cross dressing and apiom incided of hat collecting it was very good.

P.S. Did they play the contest theme again in this episode?

I don't know what was stranger, Harley's dressing up as May or Max having the thought of it meaning he had a crush on her even enter his head. Honestly, where is the guy learning this stuff from?! Even Brock wouldn't dress up like his beloveds.

And his relationship with Soledad would seem to prove that Harley is in general a fairly decent, if eccentric, guy, just with a obsessed hatred for May.
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 12th December 2006 at 5:18 AM.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Im having second thoughts of harley's sexual oreientation...I nearly died when he was dressed as may...

Haha, I know we were using the name "Mayley" as a joke for Harley's cosplay back when this episode originally aired, but I didn't expect the dub to actually use the name!

"Banette, darling, you're just the cutest thing ever!"

Even though PUSA isn't making pointless paint edits like 4Kids, I still half-expected "Grande Festibol" to be changed since it used the Roman alphabet.

Coincidentally enough, both the first part of the Hoenn Grand Festival and the first part of the Kanto Grand Festival (I mean Grande Festibol) are two of the most horribly-animated episodes in the series.

So we're officially 23 episodes behind Japan now. Ugh.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 12th December 2006 at 5:38 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Haha, I know we were using the name "Mayley" as a joke for Harley's cosplay back when this episode originally aired, but I didn't expect the dub to actually use the name!

"Banette, darling, you're just the cutest thing ever!"

Even though PUSA isn't making pointless paint edits like 4Kids, I still half-expected "Grande Festibol" to be changed since it used the Roman alphabet.

Coincidentally enough, both the first part of the Hoenn Grand Festival and the first part of the Kanto Grand Festival (I mean Grande Festibol) are two of the most horribly-animated episodes in the series.

So we're officially 23 episodes behind Japan now. Ugh.
    I agree with your points..anyways heres what i have to say about Mays appeal...it was un original its not like we dont see combusken do that every contest...and Mayley's sucked will o wisp looked horible...drew's was sub-par, Saori;s was awesome we saw sheer cold for once and it was rad...i refuse to call her Silidad cuz Saori sounds more Feminine

Quote Originally Posted by Guyinamask View Post
    I agree with your points..anyways heres what i have to say about Mays appeal...it was un original its not like we dont see combusken do that every contest...and Mayley's sucked will o wisp looked horible...drew's was sub-par, Saori;s was awesome we saw sheer cold for once and it was rad...i refuse to call her Silidad cuz Saori sounds more Feminine
    How is Saori more feminine? And it's Solidad.

OMG...

BEST EPISODE EVER (in Battle Frontier that is)

-Caroline's new voice kinda sucks (I like the last two voices better)
    -Drew! OH! If only we got to see a flashback of his first contest. I wanted to see him cry. I've said that six months ago but who cares.
    -Saori's dub name --> Solidad...I've wanted her to be Sarah, but then a couple of weeks ago, SOMEBODY said she was going to be Samantha. But now, it's Solidad? I'll evantually get used to it. Her dub voice was awsome though.
    -Vivian's new voice made me cry out in friggin tears, the end.
    -HARLEY! HARLEY! GAY HARLEY! COME OUT OF THE CLOSET HARLEY!
    -They kept the fact that Drew comes from LaRousse. That's good.
    -QUESTION!!! In the Japanese version, did Saori/Solidad EVER say she knew Harley?
    -THEY KEPT MAYLEY! THEY KEPT THE KISS BLOWING! *Medea is pleased and won't whack anyone*
    -MAX YOU STUPID KID! HARLEY IS GAY! ARGH! NOW WAY DOES HARLEY HAVE A CRUSH ON HARLEY!

And that's about all!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I have quite a few comments, none really bad, but not all are too good, either.

-Solidad. If it's pronounced Soul-A-Dad, like how they did, it's alright. But I imagined Sawl-A-Dad. Good thing I was wrong.

-Drew's from LaRousse City? Cool, and nice throwback to Destiny Deoxys.

-Solidad's from Pewter, huh? And aparently Brock knew her from before. When we first saw her, what Brock said made me think they had something going on before.

-Solidad likes Harley? HARLEY!? Excuse me while I barf.

-I may have misheard, but didn't they say Harley's from Slateport. Eh, my mom was vacumming at the time, so I didn't hear to well.

-...Harley. Dressed. As. May. GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!

-Harley blew a kiss to Drew. *Shudder*
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by PlusleMinun View Post
    Saori's English Name is not Samantha, its Soledad.
    Sounds more like a Solrock evo...

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Yea, Mayley Scared me too. O_o Anyway, Sheer cold by lapras was pretty cool looking, and when will Ask catch that Aipom?
    Don't kiss my eye!'

That ain't Lugia...

Fav Sinnoh Pokemon:

This was a great start to the Grand Festival. I don't remember whether or not I saw the pics of this episode, but I must say I really did enjoy it.

I'm starting to really see why people like Cybercubed are so passionate about May's contest arc. The writers have really produced some great quality rivals in Drew, Harley, and Saori (Solidad is a horrible name IMO, but I'm just a stupid American)...not to mention some of the one-shots (Grace, Timmy, salaryman).

Voices aside, this looks like it'll be a great Grand Festival.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo_6444 View Post
    Yea, Mayley Scared me too. O_o Anyway, Sheer cold by lapras was pretty cool looking, and when will Ask catch that Aipom?
    Ash will catch Aipom on Wednesday's episode.

Besides which, I'd want to freak people out, by dressing up as Bo-BoBo, dressed up as May, while holding a Custom-Made Don Patch plush, and call him "May Patch!"
    It's been too long since I've been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    NOW WAY DOES HARLEY HAVE A CRUSH ON HARLEY!
    Come now, Harley totally has a crush on Harley!

MANNN, I half expected Jessie to sit down at a bar and take a shot when she commented about "needing a drink". She asks for water?? WTF! I mean, her character isn't an ordinary water drinker...if you get what I mean.

~*~Made by Me~*~

I won't be able to see this ep for a few days, so someone please tell me: did they keep Absol's Japanese voice, or use another gutteral growly type voice?

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    It's a Wigglytuff

I guess every girl in the show needs to be named Jane Doe for you to like it.

I didn't know Wigglytuff were round and went "Jigg-a-lee-puff~".

And no, I was just saying I don't like the name Solidad. I know someone named Blaire. I don't like her name. I know someone named Mary. I don't like that name either.

And they used a growly male voice for Absol.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast