Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: May, We Harley Drew'd Ya! (456)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon
    Wow, Frenzy Plant Venusaur was actually appealing. I'd been assuming someone on Pokeani was just commenting on May's previous battles.
    (sorry for a speculation) So does that mean "The Salaryman" is back?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Am I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa
    I think she's hot too.... but I'm trying to keep my limits. After all, I think half the girls in Pokemon are hot. I bet she'll have a huge fanbase by the time the Grandfestival has reached it's climax.
    I loved the way Harley made fun of Haruka. "Kawaii kamo!"
    And it was nice seeing Vivian again even though I think both girls are cute (I just dislike Lilian's outfit).
    That new Jessie was totemo kawaii!

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    (sorry for a speculation) So does that mean "The Salaryman" is back?
    Not at all. If he were to come back there wouldn't be any hesitation to show him right up front with that Venusaur. We can gather only this much: The writers are using Venusaur and Frenzy Plant again because they now consider it and the attack part of their One-Stop Shop Pokemon Set. Chances are now in the future, whenever you see Venusaur, you'll see Frenzy Plant being used.

EDIT: Slightly better job on the animation flow this time; it looks like they weren't afraid to use some facial gags and over the top zaniness. Still, I KNOW it can be better. I want fluid, clever animation -- not 3 frames of running cycles.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

So, were their two-stadiums being used? And did Saori know who Harley was, cuz it sounded like she knew his name and about him, maybe from Drew.

Also, when they showed the Pokemon being trained outside, that was like the same Pokemon and trainers but with a diffrent background!

And didn't someone say Aipom had Ash's hat in the opening, cuz it didn't!
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 16th June 2006 at 7:55 PM.

Didn't someone say Saori's hair looked like Prima's? Then she has a Slowbro....interesting?

No but I thought i'd mention that. XD

The to be continue screen I really liked, with all four of them around the Ribbon Cup. ^^

Wigglytuff, perfect, now Harley has more Pokemon neglecting his old ones further >:

May appealed with Combusken, compared to the other appeals we saw it looked rather boring. I mean Saori's Lapras appealing was well TOTALLY AWESOME! Did you see those effects they used? I loved the look of the ice <3.

Hmm Drew having an Absol is also quiet cool, but at least it isn't the new Flygon because Flygon only showed up in the battles so...yay for not new Flygon.

Lastly Harley dressed as May but with his purple hair streaming down is LOL.

At least they found a clever way to include Team Rocket in this arc without them wasting screentime like they did in the Hoenn GF. Now the only time waster is that blasted Aipom, I pray its not in the next two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    EDIT: Slightly better job on the animation flow this time; it looks like they weren't afraid to use some facial gags and over the top zaniness. Still, I KNOW it can be better. I want fluid, clever animation -- not 3 frames of running cycles.
    Hell will most likely freeze over, be taken over by leprechauns and symbolise old toes before we get any sort of decent animation in the show.
    Wow, am I ever the optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    At least they found a clever way to include Team Rocket in this arc without them wasting screentime like they did in the Hoenn GF. Now the only time waster is that blasted Aipom, I pray its not in the next two episodes.
    Sadly, the odds are it will.
    I guess since they didn't have any of Ash's current team Pokémon to whore out on, they decided to have a running gag with hat fetishes.
    Meh, gives hatless Ash scenes for the fangirls at least.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    May appealed with Combusken, compared to the other appeals we saw it looked rather boring. I mean Saori's Lapras appealing was well TOTALLY AWESOME! Did you see those effects they used? I loved the look of the ice <3.
    You don't know the half of it! (or maybe you do...) How can they even call what Combusken did an appeal? It... broke a flying frisbee. Wouldn't it have been a little more impressive to see it hit the thing away, only to have it return unscaved? Or doing, ah'dunno, some cool fire flipping move. Actually, when we get down right to it, Combusken has rather so-so appeals. Maybe a new attack (it's a Mega Kick... what the heck happened to it??) or at least a new approach. Might even consider *gasp* not using it... But that's suicide consider May's other Pokies.
    V | Faction

I thought all three of the main characters appeals, (May/Drew/Harley) were rather lame. The only good one was Saori's Lapras ice thing.

Drew's Masquerain and Harley's Banette did the EXACT SAME THING that they appealed with the last two times with those Pokemon. Combusken's new appeal was also similar to old ones, although it was more boring.

God, I hope the second stage appeals are better. At least Drew is using Absol next time, May and Munchlax, Harley and Octillery, and Saori and Slowbro.

For once, I decided to watch the episode itself before glancing at the pictures. It was tempting while waiting, but to be honest, I found it more rewarding.

But my God, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard in the history of the anime before as I did when Harley was blowing a kiss to Drew. May's reaction to Harley's "Kamo!" was priceless. I can't imagine how many disturbing new shippings this "Mayley" will spawn. I also found Saori quite attractive in motion. She looked pretty bland from the preview, but we got some better shots of her in this. And we got to see a Rapidash, one of the most undershowcased Pokemon ever!

Aipom has a serious hat fetish. Hopefully this won't be a running gag for too long. It's not even close to being as amusing as Jigglypuff's marker. Could somebody elaborate on TR's role, perhaps? I didn't quite catch that.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Harley really blew a kiss to Drew? LMAO!

The pictures weren't quite clear about that.

Here's some snapshots I took:

...BAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

My life is complete.

End of post.

OK, so who wants to name Saori&Shuu?

The scene were Harley blows a kiss was just too great for words - completely cracked me up. I am very curious to what he said, though - It can't have been positive because Drew looked angry/worried and May looked worried and went all "Shuu..." but since Harley doesn't speak very clear I can't really understand it. Any translation (or just what he said in Japanese) would be welcome. ^^;
    That aside, this was a good episode. I loved Team Rocket, especially Jessie and her very cute costume. Saori-san seems like a wonderful character to me, so I can't wait to see more of her. Harley dressing up as May is priceless (especially her reaction to it). I can't get why he did it, but it was awfully funny.
    Has a Fic -now be surprised l3- Love Is a Many Blundered Thing Contestshippy-PG- Chapter 6 up Here (Very sorry for the delay). Please R&R! ^^

No discussion of ships in here please

Thank you

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/456/AG320.jpg

Oh, those silly Japanese.

That Harley blow-kiss scene.... I am forever scarred.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Who's Saori's voice actress? I know that I've heard it in quite a places before but I can't put my finger on where, and I can't read Kanji to save my life so checking the credits is out of the question.

And I love the remix of 'I Won't Lose' that played during the appeals. The new triva quiz music is nice also, but it's boring that they used the same kind of quiz as last episode, and it was even eaiser than that one.
    Last edited by Crimsonmon; 16th June 2006 at 9:10 PM.

Can ANYONE tell me who exactly Jessie was imitating? Talk about a total spazz! The energy... it was almost too overwhelming. Good thing we had camera man James and mustachioed Meowth and sound tester #2 Wobbufett on hand to help even things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    No discussion of ships in here please

Thank you
    Banana boat
    Bangca
    Bateau
    Coble
    Center Console
    Coracle
    Cruiser
    Dhow
    Dinghy
    Dory
    Dredger
    Durham Boat
    Ferry
    Folding boat
    Gondola
    Houseboat
    Hydrofoil
    Inflatable boat
    Jetski
    Jon boat
    Kayak
    Lifeboat
    Motorboat
    Norfolk wherry
    Outrigger canoe
    Pinnace
    Pirogue
    Raft
    Rigid-hulled inflatable boat
    Sampan
    Schooner
    Scow
    Sharpie
    Ski boat
    Skiff
    Sloop
    Submarine
    Trimaran
    Tugboat
    U-boat
    Wakeboard boat
    Water taxi
    Whaleboat
    Yacht
    Yawl

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/456/AG320.jpg

Oh, those silly Japanese.

That Harley blow-kiss scene.... I am forever scarred.
    It's official now: The Grand Festival is in actuality the Grande Festibal. It cannot be undone! Proper English is forbidden!
    Last edited by V Faction; 16th June 2006 at 9:09 PM.
    V | Faction

Am I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa.
    I'll kill you AND Brock if you take one step towards her. She's MINE.

Well, seriously, Anabel will forever be mine. But Saori is drawn really well.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 16th June 2006 at 9:17 PM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Who's Saori's voice actress? I know that I've heard it in quite a places before but I can't put my finger on where, and I can't read Kanji to save my life so checking the credits is out of the question.
    Well I checked and if I know the kanji right, two of the symbols translate into Tanaka.
    I'll check the other ones on my kanji program.... unless someone else gets them
    about the seiyuu, I didn't like her, she was a tad too overused
    edit
    Saori's seiyuu
    kanji: 田中理恵
    name (according to my computer) Tanaka Rie?
    Last edited by Crystal Clair; 16th June 2006 at 9:24 PM.

m I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa.
    No, she is really hot. I hope that she returns again. (I doubt though). Does anyone know why Harley is dressed like May?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Am I the only one who finds Saori really attractive? She's really hot, and its a nice change of pace to swoon over a woman for once rather than a 10 year old girl. Whoa.
    I really like her design. Though she seems out of place in the Pokemon style. Who cares? She's hot.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Blaziken master Guest

It was an okay episode.....but Harley stole the show! His cloak disguise reminded me of the time Gary returned after the orange island arc.The appeals could have been better, but at least the appeals next ep look decent.Pokemopolis are going to have a field day with this episode

Haruka, Shuu, and Harley's appeals weren't that great. The only thing that made this episode enjoyable for me was Saori, Saori's appeal with Lapras, and Harley dressed like Haruka. I liked how they said Shuu came from La Rousseau City. Good job referencing a city from a movie, writers (one point for you!).

I feel that irony struck me in this episode....

At first I thought Harley was going to be all bada**....

But I was mistaken.

"Kawaii Kamo"

o_O
    Last edited by Satoshi; 16th June 2006 at 9:47 PM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast