Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Banner Tutorial thread

~!Master of Illusions!~ Guest

hey, i dont know if u mentioned this before, but can u tell me how to get fractal brushes on Paint Shop Pro?

search deviantart. they probably have some.

here's one set. there are 10 fractal brushes and 20 other brushes

http://www.deviantart.com/view/20446303/

What exactly are fractal brushes and how do you download the ones on DA?

-DTEX

Thanks to Sceptile95 for the trainer card

My claims:
    ~Bishie: Zack Fair |~VG Character Combo: Cloud Strife & Final Fantasy VII
    ~Video Game: Starfox: Assault |~Anime song: Stray - Wolf's Rain

uh, they're brushes to use in applications. hit the download to desktop button. ._.;; deviantart has psp brushes, photoshop brushes and illustrator brushes

Ok, thanks. I'm still having problems with GIMPshop. I dunno if you or anyone else might be able to help...

-DTEX

My claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer EX
    Ok, thanks. I'm still having problems with GIMPshop. I dunno if you or anyone else might be able to help...

-DTEX
    getting some brushes for gimp

http://browse.deviantart.com/resourc...der=5&limit=24

edit: omg 370 posts

~!Master of Illusions!~ Guest

yo sorry to bother u, but after downloading it, i can only view it in my WinRar and i can't seem to get it into PSP? HELP?

Quote Originally Posted by ~!Master of Illusions!~
    yo sorry to bother u, but after downloading it, i can only view it in my WinRar and i can't seem to get it into PSP? HELP?

sorry, i don't use psp. try asking someone who does. usually it opens in winrar, then you have to drop it into a folder called brushes, at least in photoshop you do. it might be different in psp. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoenir
    the boldness is seconded . I use photoshop elements 2 and damn, I can create better banners than some CS2 users

about the question "for the more banner literate", You can do multiple stroke layers with different colors and different blending options and different lengths. Another way to do it is this:

Step 1: New Layer
    Step 2: Fill it black or white, depending on what color border you plan on. if it's a light color, use black, if it's a dark color, use white.
    Step 3: Edit+Stroke+20px (color) brush
    Step 4: Filter+Blur+Gaussian blur (23.2 radius)
    Step 5: Set the blending mode to lighten/darken depending on if you chose a dark/light color.

get it?
    oooo, I love you!!!! If I get into the top 8, i'l try that

-hugs Hoenir-
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Rufinito18
    oooo, I love you!!!! If I get into the top 8, i'l try that

-hugs Hoenir-
    0________________o;;

*sqirms away and sticks out toungue*

damn, now i'll lose. i don't think i'll even make it into the top 8 for thius contest. no thanks to nagashi for pwning me again.

how do you get pictures with no background for your banners?
    Credit for banner goes to Amazingkiss XD

Credit for banner goes to Ejunknown - Thanx Ej <333333

Reading: The Neuromancer by William Gibson

Please can people comment on my threads? I get loads of veiws and no comments which is annoying and means I don't know how to improve. XD

Spoiler:- Friends:

getting some brushes for gimp

http://browse.deviantart.com/resourc...der=5&limit=24

edit: omg 370 posts
    Thanks again!

Congrats on the posts, btw ^^

-DTEX

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina
    how do you get pictures with no background for your banners?
    Do you mean removing the picture from the background? And what program do you use?

My claims:

yea, i use gimp XD
    Credit for banner goes to Amazingkiss XD

Credit for banner goes to Ejunknown - Thanx Ej <333333

Reading: The Neuromancer by William Gibson

Please can people comment on my threads? I get loads of veiws and no comments which is annoying and means I don't know how to improve. XD

Spoiler:- Friends:

uhhh...quick question...like Im really new to photoshop..like I just started like 3 days ago messing with it...but how do you put pics in something without having the white background around it...like the first one in this thread...the spider-man...how do you put it in another picture out having the white around it? sorry for being a n00b...xD

erase the white with the magic eraser (click and hold the eraser tool, then click the eraser with a little star by it.)

happy photoshopping. also, remember, the best banner making comes from observing and asking what methods people use.

edit: omg 400 postz

Talking

erase the white with the magic eraser (click and hold the eraser tool, then click the eraser with a little star by it.)

happy photoshopping. also, remember, the best banner making comes from observing and asking what methods people use.

Ok thanks dude! that really helps me...thank you

=*Hoenir's Sig Tutorial Number 2*=

NOTE: THIS TUTORIAL IS ASSUMING YOU KNOW THE BASIX O' PHOTOSHOP.

Step 1: Dump it Dark

Start with a new canvas, I used 400*160 pixels, but you can choose many different sizes. Then dump it a very dark color. I chose 4A2500, a dark brown, but depending on what render you're gonna use, it's different for everybody. Note that this color might change later.

Step 2: Starting To Render!
    Now, start throwing in some abstract renders. This is difficult to get right, but you should get it soon. Erase/smudge different parts, until you have a couple of renders that go well together. Set all of those render layers to linear dodge. Note that color does not matter at this point, so ignore it if you colors look ugly together.

Step 3: More Rendering
    Okay, repeat the last step. You want a fairly complex variety of renders. This is what mine looks like after 6 renders. Normally i would use 20 or so, but since this is a tutorial, I'll stop here.

Step 4: Suck All The Color Out Through a Straw
    Now, flatten all of the layers into one, by pressing cntrl+shift+e, or, on a mac, command+shift+e. Now go Enhance>adjust color>remove color.

Step 5: Boost the Contrast Before You Regret It
    Go to enhance>brightness and contrast>brightness and contrast, and increase the brightness and the contrast until it looks good. This step is crucial, so don't even think about skipping it ! I used +20 brightness and +80 contrast. Yes, you need that much.

Step 6: Sharpen it Like A Porygon
    Go to filter>sharpen>sharpen and press cntrl+f as many times as you need to. I used it 3 times.

Step 7: Sparklyness!
    Duplicate the layer, go to filter>blur>gaussian blur and set the radius to 3.5. Now set the blending mode to lighten. Pretty, eh?

[b]Step 8: Add in the Real Render![b]
    Put in the real render, and remove all color. Resize, rotate, etc.

Step 9: Give it that "Blast" Thang
    Make a new layer, get a soft brush, set it to 30% opacity and brush a little bit where the blast appears. If you don't have a converging point where all the renders meet, ignore this step.

Step 10: Render Effects
    Repeat steps 6 and 7 on the render layer.

Step 11: Blend the Render In
    Duplicate the background layer, set it to lighten, and erase all but a few of the streaks. Move this layer over the render. Drop the opacity if you want to.

Step 12: Splatter
    Take a splatter brush, I used some from angryblue.com, and brush some on.

Step 13: Color It
    Create a gradient map adjustment layer, and pick two colors that you like. Set the layer to soft light.

Step 14: A Dot Patter
    Create a new file, 3x3 pixels, and put a one pixel dot in a really really light color in the middle of the document. Then go to edit>define pattern, and dump this pattern over in a new layer. Erase parts around the render, then set the layer to soft light.

Step 15: Text!
    Type in some text, add a border, etc. I won't really go into detail here.

Step 16: Border!
    Create a new layer, dump it white, Go to edit>stroke>1 pixel black brush and hit ok, then set the layer to darken and you're done!

Feel free to send me your results Via PM and I'll add them to this tutorial. Happy photoshopping!

Other Results:

Hoenir:

Last edited by Hoenir; 16th July 2006 at 9:54 PM.

hmmm...I was wondering where I could download some brushes and text for photoshop 7...like I found some for photoshop...but do they work for all versions?

Well my first attempt, i think went ok, the picture of lucario seems to be colourless tho, and is only gaining the colour it has from the background, I'm not sure what i did wrong? Can someone maybe please pointout what i did wrong? The banner is my sig.

Pearl (JP) Code: Shaun - 5326 5660 1942
    Diamond (ENG) Code: Shaun - 1847 8142 6693

Here are my results.

And...

And...

I still need help with the boarders.
    -->Facebook<--

Default A Tutorial. - Making a good Banner/background. (Photoshop)

All the images are Links .
    I'm not pro yet, and this is my first tut.
    Not bad, considering I was screenshooting and writng this

I hope this helps for ppl who have trouble doing banners, and post ur results here!

1.Start off by choosing the size of the file you want to do. I will use a 400x100. I will be making a Tidus signature.

2.Fill the background with the main color of your graphic. Mine will be blue.
    You can download brushes Here. Or look some up on DeviantArt.

I started off with a simple brush.

Example

3.Choose a light source. I will be adding a lens flare. I chose 33mm Prime.

Example

Another Example

4.Press shift + Control + N to make a new layer.

5.I filled the new layer with my secondary color, which is White. Then I set the blend mode at Overlay. You can choose whatever blending mode fits best.

Example

6.Now, it's not very good yet is it? Make another layer.
    Edit > Fill > Custom pattern. Choose watever pattern you desire

Example

7.I put the blending mode to Color burn

Example

8. I don't like the texture, so I go. Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur.
    Radius 8.7

Example

9. Not bad, but I want something cooler. So I add another layer, with the Main color. Remember The white? It wasn't the secondary color, I fooled ya *muahaha*. Tidus hair color is yellow isn't it? so that's my secondary color. By using the blend mode Difference. The blue morphed into yellow over the white . If you wanna know what color is the "difference" of the color you want, do Filter > Render > Difference clouds. The difference effect also gives some nice tones to the blue

Example

10. Time for the render. Yes, i'm UBER lazy when it comes to cleaning pics. So I don't XD. I take a picture with a white BG, and put it to Color Burn. If the BG is dark, put it to lighten

Example

11. The text. Write it in wtv color u want. Then Layer > Layer Style > Blending options > Stroke Use the setting on the pic.

Example
    12. Blend the text

13. Now the border New Layer.
    Select the whole banner. Edit>Stroke>choose your setting. I recomment adding a thin black border before your other bigger one, than the ones thats blended.
    Final Example

14.Blend it, and it's done!

Finished Product :

I hope this helps for ppl who wanna do banners. Please post ur results if u wanna try this out
    Last edited by Rufinito18; 18th July 2006 at 5:21 AM.
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

banner tut thread ish love.

also, I don't much like the texture idea :/. But it's your call, maybe i'm biased just being stupid.

Hmm, I always did it the hard way by tracing the image itself >< The magic eraser sounds much easier...and less time-consuming ><

Nice tutorial, Hoenir. And your pic too, Salagon. Not sure if I can help you though, sry.

-DTEX

My claims:

hmm..did some things...

first one I did...ever..like...not done with it..I dont really like it that much..its like...missing something...and for text...I haven't found a font I wanted to use yet..lazy..

heres just the background for something Im working on...how is it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by l3LuE124
    hmm..did some things...

first one I did...ever..like...not done with it..I dont really like it that much..its like...missing something...and for text...I haven't found a font I wanted to use yet..lazy..

heres just the background for something Im working on...how is it so far?
    Stop brushing with defaults ._. deviantart.com has great downloads

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast