Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thinning the Hoard! (457)

Seen the episode.
    Nice to see the salary man and wakana. Wakana got a nice big screen tv.lol Shes eating cookies while watching.
    The appeals were fine not that great IMO. Octillerys appeal was very good though. I was impressed.
    May vs. Harley was like 5 mins that battle started at 14:30 and finished at the 19:00 mark of the episode. Cacturne getting knocked out by shadow ball with combination of munchlax punching it was extremely stupid. Cacturne has been with Harley for a long time, we first saw it when he first battled may. Eevee is not a powerhouse, ok maybe may has trained it but for cacturne to get knocked out by a damn shadowball attack is lame. Wigglytuff is the sickest pokemon alive,lol. I loved the part where it was slapping the life out of munchlax and eevee. Its soo disappointing though that cacturne got knocked out in like 30 seconds and harley didnt even take one of mays pokemon out.
    Drew vs. May starts at the end. Whoever wins this will most likely enter the Top 4. Mays in the top 8 right now, im pretty sure thats how it is.
    Squirtle starts off with a rapid spin and flygon uses sandstorm. Combusken jumps on top of squirtle while its doing rapid spin and goes in for a mega kick but absol jumps inside the sandstorm and uses flash, blinding combusken. Then absol jumps out and iron tails combusken to the ground and squirtle seems to look disappointed. May then orders combusken to use sky uppercut and tells squirtle to use bubble, this is where the episode comes to a close.
    Overall, it wasn't that good of an episode. Wigglytuff and Octillery IMO saved it from being a total dissaster. I'd give it a 7/10

Now I really can't wait until the conclusion.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

I know this is repetitive, but where can I get the preview?

Another 00bered out win for May >_> Really, Cacturne being felled by one Shadow Ball is almost as bad as that Phantom match way back when. At least Wigglytuff was owning her on its own for a while until it.....tripped? I couldn't really make out what happened.

Harley is funny. Just standin' there, randomly clipping his nails...

Meowth does look like Hitler with that moustache. That's gonna get edited when these are dubbed, almost certainly.

Octillery's appeal OWNED. I now love that thing.

I know lots of people already hate Aipom, but I thought it was adorable in this episode, just sitting on Ash's shoulder enraptured by the battle.

I think May is actually going to beat Drew. A five-minute match won't last the whole next episode especially when it's already started. My prediction: May beats Drew, then gets stomped by Saori.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    I know this is repetitive, but where can I get the preview?
    =0

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/poke...koku/main.html

(Remember, you need to touch May in order to see it)
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Cacturne getting knocked out fast is a shame, but it is understandable. It was pretty high up when it was coming in for the Needle Arm attack, so it had no way to really move out of the way when the powerful Focus-Shadow Ball nailed it in the face. The poor little thing wasn't even able to break his fall after getting hit.

At least Wigglytuff was owning her on its own for a while until it.....tripped? I couldn't really make out what happened.
    May saw that Wigglytuff was able to ride around in the air to avoid attacks, so she had Munchlax and Eevee fire their attacks behind it so they would produce an explosion which would bring it closer down to the ground. Munchlax used Eevee as a launching board to get up to Wigglytuff and deliver a strong Focus Punch right into the fluffball.

If anything about that part of the battle was wrong, it was the Munchlax bouncing off of Eevee. That little brawler weighs a ton.

It was really funny how after all the Shadow Balls/Solar Beams missed they cut to May's life-bar shooting down like mad.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

^^Much thanks.

What is with Combusken in the end of that? Is that the Blaze ability.........or is another type of Blaze about to make its entrance?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    ^^Much thanks.

What is with Combusken in the end of that? Is that the Blaze ability.........or is another type of Blaze about to make its entrance?
    Speculations are that it's either Blaze (it got that sorta red glow, kinda like Grovyle had with Overgrow in the Petalburg Gym episode), Overheat (PKMN usually glow red before using it) or that it is about to evolve.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

I haven't seen the pics for this episode, it sounds good. But I'm so glad May beat Harley, he's so mean but funny nonetheless in his debut, A Cacturne for the Worse'.
    My Emerald Team: Raichu, Sceptile, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Torkoal, Donphan
    Shinies:

seriously, what on earth is up with Aipom?

has it received so much neglect from fans that writers are now forcing it on us? seriously, he's a few steps away from being mascot equal to pikachu...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

-The glowing is clearly Blaze. It's just like Grovyle's green glow in the Petalburg battle that turned out to be Overgrow. Pokemon glow white when they evolve, not other colors. What's more interesting to me is what the heck this scene from the next episode preview is all about. Could just be the start of a Rapid Spin or something, because Squirtle jumps up immediately afterward, but it could be something else...

-Good battles, good tactic by May to knock Wigglytuff out of the air.

-The Focus Punched Shadow Ball was indeed a good idea, someone (Lilian I think), who was right there, commented on how Focus Punch powered up the Shadow Ball. I agree with the thought that the intention was to give Wigglytuff most of the screentime. And the longer battle with it made up for the shorter battle with Cacturne.

-Aipom joining Ash in the stands was surprising, especially after the failed capture. And the fact that it clearly enjoyed watching the battle seems to me to be foreshadowing of some sort.
    Last edited by Geodude; 24th June 2006 at 1:16 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

What was Squirtle doing in preview just before May's dramatic close-up? It looked like it was causing a shockwave or something, and I can't check again as I already deleted the episode and TV-Tokyo's online versions lags on my PC.

I'm also liking the techno version of 'I Won't Lose!' more each time I see it, it's a shame that it won't be on Spurt's single. And speaking of 'I Won't Lose!', does anyone know what the ending is going to be after it? ANN lists it as ending at 184, and another damn 'O Dolka' song starting at 199, but nothing about what's in-between.

WHy do people really hate Aipom? He's soo funny and just wants to play, just like some of his other pokemon.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

I need Drew's Roselia. I really didn't care about this pokemon, then I saw Drew's in the anime and it's awesome.

I want one

Munchlax had a very interesting appeal this time. It started off simple enough, with May having him fire off a Solar Beam that was in ball form. Then she had Munchlax use a suprising amount of speed an wizard magic to jump above it and hit it with a Focus Punch. The result was a Solar Ball that hung in the air like the Sun and showered the audience with sparkly goodness.

If she had a pokemon that could use Moonlight she could combine it with this appeal to make a really awesome eclipse.

The size of the jump should not be the least bit surprising. We've seen Pokemon jump at least that high countless times before, and even Ash has done so. For a group of creatures that include ones such as Forretress that can fling themselves through the air with no means of propulsion whatsoever, this shouldn't be surprising.

My uncertainty about that jump probably stems from the one that it did later in the episode with Eevee. The one it used in the battle was more to give it some extra force, so I guess it is fine.

-That battle was far too short and Pukurin-chan was pretty much the only thing that kept it from being a total farce. Honestly, if Harley had managed to KO at least Eevee, I'd have been much happier with the way things turned out. The guy isn't a weak battler, that's been made clear on numerous occassions already.
    I can buy that 'Shadow Ball gained strength from Shadow Ball' thing. But that still doesn't make Noctus-chan, which is more than likely Harley's strongest competitor, getting pretty much KO'd right off the bat satisfying at all.
    Though I must say, Haruka's strategy of disorientating Pukurin-chan's manuevering capabilities was actually a pretty decent way to get hold of the advantage. Though Munchlax using Eevee's DELICATE FLUFFY TAIL for bouncing into the air to deliver a powered-up Focus Punch was just plain stupid.

-Pukurin-chan, the incredible inflatable beast that it is, was awesome. That constant evil scowl, the voice, the occassional growls. For a pokémon species I've never paid any attention to before, this one certainly did a brilliant job of catching my eye. I look forward to seeing more of it in the future~

-The music during the final scene of the episode really got my heart pounding. I've heard the Red/Blue wild battle theme a lot of times in this show, but this slightly altered version really got me psyched for next weeks episode. You could just feel the determination and desperation of each character, and the surprisingly brutal looking attacks from the metro side was the cherry on the cake.
    For the record, has this piece ever been used before on the show? I think I can recall it being thrown around once or twice.

Interesting pics. I must say. It was great espeaacially with the Aipom ownage in the episode, can't wait to see it.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

The one hit KO on Cacturne didn't even surprise me. May has always pulled this uber crap in almost every contest so why should I even care that a newborn beat an experienced monster (best examples are Dusclops, Houndoom, Marshtomp, and Ariados) . The final hit on Wigglytuff wasn't all that great but it was tolerable compared to most victories.

Squirtle is not a newborn. It has now been 48 episodes since May first got it. It obviously has plenty of experience by now. When will people finally get the hint?

And all your examples have already been thoroughly discussed. The points were made in their respective episode topics, and they are completely irrelevant to this one. We really don't need to go through that yet again.

May is absolutely no more "uber" than Ash was in Kanto. The repetitiveness of that statement is also getting boring/annoying. Come up with something original for once, people, and quit repeating it at every possible opportunity.
    Last edited by Geodude; 24th June 2006 at 5:01 AM.

So what was with Drew then? And what the heck was Absol doing in the first part of the appeal (the shining part)?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Drew was being strict with his Absol because he said it could have done better. May said something about praising it instead and Drew yells, "I'm not like you!" or so I hear.

The shining was Absol using Flash.

The following is subject to confirmation:

I'm not sure, but I think Drew was also saying something about how all his other Pokemon could also have done better leading up to now. From that I would deduce that he expects a match with Saori and strongly desires to beat her, but doesn't think his Pokemon can cut it against hers, and is therefore frustrated.

Thanks! Wigglytuff is both cool and creppy. I was angry about how easily Cacturne was defeated though.

I know I'm not suppose to talk about this, but what is RespectShipping? Everyone is talking about.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Drew was being strict with his Absol because he said it could have done better. May said something about praising it instead and Drew yells, "I'm not like you!" or so I hear.
    "Why did I ever trade my Dunsparce for you?!"

I can't say I approve of his tough-love approach to raising pokemon, but you can't argue with the results. His Roselia is gigantic.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast