Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thinning the Hoard! (457)

Yes, Harley is put in his place again! And yes, that was a very mean looking Wigglytuff, but in the end, it still is pink..

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
    Expound =/
    ...Why?

So it steals Ash's hat.
    Yup. I find this very very very very very very very annoying.

I think they should have taken out Aipom and replaced its scenes with more Harley. The man got surprisingly little to do this GF given how important he was during the contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    I think they should have taken out Aipom and replaced its scenes with more Harley. The man got surprisingly little to do this GF given how important he was during the contests.
    Who cares?

There may not even be Contests anymore after this saga anyway.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 13th December 2006 at 4:03 AM.

Even more reason for more Harley, then! If this is his last region, they ought to milk the guy for all he's worth, I say.

They've DONE that. That's why the guy was in three Contests in addition to the Grand Festival.

If this is Drew's final region too, it's quite a shame he got so little to do. He was missing for a huge chunk of the Arcanine episode, he was reduced to watching Contests instead of competing, and only got the Grand Festival where he had a good deal of screentime taken away by Saori, Harley and Aipom. Not to mention his powerhouse going down to Squirtle.

Not the best way to go out, huh?

Drew's screentime in the Grand Festival was fine, much more than he got in the Hoenn GF. It was his screentime in the contests that was a bit lacking.

At least Drew and Harley are both getting an extra episode in a few weeks' time. That should provide them with some decent closure if they're leaving, and if they're not... hey, extra episode!

This episode was pretty good. Good to see Flash in the anime. It was hilarious when Aipom taunted Ash again. I felt bad for Absol after Drew yelled at it. It was kind of weird to see Harley with a Wigglytuff. The contest was awesome.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Max: I wouldn't want to meet that in a dark alley...
    ROFL
    This was a good episode...and why do people say Harley's new voice is bad? Its awesome! So is Drew's, thanks to Newbrock. Anyway, I can't wait to see May pwn     Spoiler:- d:
    . Onto tomorow where Ash     Spoiler:- w:

9.6/10
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Since the dub of this epsidoe just finished airing time for opinions.

I like how we got to here some of the nice original Background music in this epsidoe quite frequently, more so towards the end of the episode.

Now I'm seriously beginning to like Solidad's(sp) VA, shes got the mature experianced tone that fits here character quite well.

The only hing that somewhat bothered me in this episode was Cacturne(sp) falling down from OHKO. Other than that it was a wonderful episode all around.

Max: I wouldn't want to meet that in a dark alley...
    ROFL
    This was a good episode...and why do people say Harley's new voice is bad? Its awesome! So is Drew's, thanks to Newbrock. Anyway, I can't wait to see May pwn     Spoiler:- d:
    . Onto tomorow where Ash     Spoiler:- w:

9.6/10
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

That was a decent episode, with Aipom going at it again with Ash. Drew was alrigit in here, but Harley was so awesome in this episode, lol, and his Wigglytuff, EVIL!

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Average episode that is completely outclassed by the next episode.

"You put your right suckers in, you put your right suckers out..."

That's all that needs to be said about this episode's dub. Seriously.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

A nice eppy followed by a better one tomorrow

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Nice episode, I actually really liked this one, and wow who would of thought Drew is "nervous" and "threathen" by May. Woot! Drew was a complete *** in this episode to me, but of course it was settled afterwards. I felt sorry for May when she got yelled at. My favorite part of the episode was when Solidad was talking with May and Max, and same goes with Ash, Drew, and Brock.

The battle with May and Harley was cool, but I wasn't too convinced about Cacturne beating so fast in one hit. The Wigglytuff was awesome, I love it evil. Just love it.

The Grand Festival overall is starting to grab my attention. I can't wait for the outcome of May and Drew's match. The appeals are simply the best I ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post

Awesome, m I rite?

Wow-sers!

-Harley filing his nails. I love total randomness.
    -Drew's hatred for the media. I love that as well.
    -Drew yelling at Absol, okay that scared me more than the Japanese version. Poor Absol.
    -I could have sworn that Drew's voice was cracking right before he called May a wimp, so there are hidden tears that the girls in the Drew club will juste eat up.
    -I've said it before and I will damn well say it again. That Wigglytuff of Harley's is a cry for help. He needs something pink and fluffy in his life and I'm not talking about that pink balloon. And that's why Medea wasn't too shocked when she saw Harley in May's clothes.
    -Contestshipping...enough said.

And tis all!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I think this is an episode where the anime producers decided to consider replacing Pikachu with Aipom for D/P. Look at Aipom's behavior. Besides a wanna-bee Primeape, what other Pokémon does it remind you of? Maybe Pikachu very early on in the series?

And Solidad is probably voiced by Sarah Natchetchony, (definite misspelling...) I just realized that.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaru390 View Post
    I think this is an episode where the anime producers decided to consider replacing Pikachu with Aipom for D/P. Look at Aipom's behavior. Besides a wanna-bee Primeape, what other Pokémon does it remind you of? Maybe Pikachu very early on in the series?

And Solidad is probably voiced by Sarah Natchetchony, (definite misspelling...) I just realized that.
    Yeah, I'm sure the writers considered replacing the mascot of Pokemon itself with a grape ape.

I would have like a more in depth battle between Saori and Haruka, they just rushed it.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Harley + Wigglytuff was probably the best non-battle part of this Grand Festival. Its so obvious Harley should have one, that you (at least I did) wouldn't even think of it.

This episode (now that I saw it all) continued from the last one with the greatness of this Grand Festival.

Emo Dubbed Drew was a bit out of place here. His facial expression didn't seem to go with what he said. I forget, what was he saying in the original (Chris, Yamato, care to venture a guess)?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Emo Dubbed Drew was a bit out of place here. His facial expression didn't seem to go with what he said. I forget, what was he saying in the original (Chris, Yamato, care to venture a guess)?
    You're talking about the part when he yells at May?

In the Japanese version he just yells, "I'm not like you!" whereas in the dub he says, "I'm not a wimp like you!"

Pretty much the same thing, the dub just makes him sound a bit harsher toward May.

Wow...NewDrew was a bit off in that scene.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Did the dub use a lot of the original music? I noticed that the music sounded different from the stuff we usually hear.

I long for the day we will meet again.

I claim Molly/Eva from Oban Star-Racers as my Bishoujo!

When Harley sent out Octillary I noticed that the music sounded a bit like the GameBoy - and then I remembered its from the very first episode! I'm sure it is.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post

I thought that was hilarious.

Aipom's annoying me now, why can't Ash catch him already? Blah, stupid thing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast