Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

Yeah I don't really think that it was that smart to give Ash an aipom right before the season was almost over I mean like even though he is going to be in sinnoh I just could never see Ash with such a weak pokemon that would never evolve until the next season and I liked how Drew lost I just thought that their should be at least one when May could beat him in such a big event
    Chase Seabourn

The battle was so even..... first May then Drew in total sync... but May still had the upper hand at the end... epic battle

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo View Post
    We're the Pokemon Fandom. Complaining is our business.
    And business is good!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Okay, I did not expect May to lose the Grand Festival! I thought for sure that she'd win!

At least she finally beat her rival Drew. That's got to count for something.

Yay! Ash finally catches Aipom!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

This episode was very cool. Combusken and Squirtle vs Absol and Flygon was such a cool battle. It was intense the whole time. I'm glad Ash finally captured Aipom. I'm glad May finally won against rival Drew. I'm not surprised that she lost immediately after defeating Drew. She really didn't stand a chance in the Top 4 battle. It was great to see Combusken learn Overheat in the battle, it helped May win. Drew and May both looked about even in the battle, it could've gone either way it was that close.

94/100

Although May didn't win the festival, she was atleast able to beat her main rival.

My ideal battle ever!

I bet May can beat Solidad now with her updated team. Sucks we'll probably never see a rematch between them though, I know May can beat her.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I bet May can beat Solidad now with her updated team. Sucks we'll probably never see a rematch between them though, I know May can beat her.
    She couldn't even beat drew and harley with her updated johto team, she's got a long way to go. The difference between the two is about as massive as ash and tobias.

May lost the Grand Festival. Woo. Well, at least it's better than not beating your rival ever I suppose.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

May and Drew's battle continiues in this episode. Drew's Absol took down Squirtle, so May sent out Combusken. It's cool when Combusken learned Overheat and attacked Absol.
    I'm glad May finally managed to defeat Drew, she deserved a win against him. It was satisfying.
    Meanwhile, Ash finally managed to catch the annoying Aipom with Pikachu's help. It's nice that Ash got a new Pokemon for his team.
    May losing to Solidad was sad, but at least she managed to defeat his rival Drew in the Grand Festival.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 6th August 2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

A great episode.

Although the sad thing is that the writers choosed to let May get destroyed by Solidad, like what? She was basically just introduced to stop the winning chance of May. They, at least, could've used another episode to show an intense battle between Solidad and May. I don't believe that a trainer could be THAT much more superior. It's not like Solidad won a Grand Festival in the past. At least Dawn wasn't destroyed by Zoey in the finals (Even tho Dawn deserved it here, imo).

Basically the writers won't let a character develop. It doesn't mean that a character cannot evolve anymore, if the character achieves his/her main goal. There's always a need of improvement. Hence why Ash won't ever win a league either. They think it's over if Ash wins a league, which makes no sense. He could STILL travel to other regions or put on a fight with the Elite 4, but nooo. Nevermind.

Now that I see this episode for a second time and it's not that I don't feel any less sorry for May for losing her second Grand Festival in a row, but I still wonder why she didn't get this upset over losing the first one?
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415