Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    I'm just confused that why Team Rocket didn't cause any trouble at this Grand Festival, like how they did at the Hoenn GF.
    Yeah, you'd think that they'd ruin another episode like they've been doing since episode 3. Who cares? To be honest, I never cared for Shuu and he annoyed me by just being there, so I'm glad his Flygon was taken out by Squirtle. And I loathe Squirtle.
    Last edited by Rudoku; 1st July 2006 at 5:27 PM.

Despite being a "baby" Pokemon, I am now willing enough to call Munchlax a powerhouse by this point. Considering both its relation to Snorlax and its relatively extensive training, the thing can really dish out some abuse without it being considered really unfair. Yeah, it's annoying outside of battle, but I really don't mind it being second in line behind Combusken.

And on a somewhat related topic, Pokesho has finally gone back to doing those comic things. This new one's pretty funny (albeit a bit sick), and the blank expression on Aipom's face is priceless:
    http://www.pokesho.com/4/doragon.html
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

LMAO! Pokesho wins again!

You've gotta wonder how the trainers don't get hit by the attacks when they're standing RIGHT THERE too. Ah, good times.

Shining_Espeon Guest

MAY BEAT DREW!

I was hoping for it. I knew she'd lose to Saori, though.

What the helll was going on with Harley when May started to win? That whole public scene in front of the other coordinators?

Quote Originally Posted by Contest Fan
    The Game isn't a guide to the anime remember
    So it could actually be WEAKER than in the games.
    hi there!

What did Scott say during May's battle against Saori?
    They apparently talked about Ash since his named was mentioned a couple of times but I can't make out why they would start talking about him when May had her arse handed to her on a stick :/

I must applaude May's VA - Her crying was so convincing I almost cried too o.o

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    Despite being a "baby" Pokemon, I am now willing enough to call Munchlax a powerhouse by this point. Considering both its relation to Snorlax and its relatively extensive training, the thing can really dish out some abuse without it being considered really unfair. Yeah, it's annoying outside of battle, but I really don't mind it being second in line behind Combusken.
    Have to agree with this. Munchlax has been fighting hard for a long time, and it's developed quite well as a character. Munchlax got shot down by Harley, and since then, it's been seen training and such, finally defeating a Harley Pokémon in the end. Nice revenge(though Octillery might've suited it better). I also like how Munchlax has yet to pull a Dues Ex on us. Squirtle doesn't even need explanation, and Eevee's been teetering on the edge just a bit. Munchlax, though, has always came from with fair wins, which is quite an accomplishment. So, congrats to Munchlax, IMO, for being awesome and believable in battle.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

---Kyogre007--- Guest

The only thing I would like to mention is that it's the best episode I've ever seen. I would also like to say that I absolutely agree with CyberCubed that the best part of the episode was May crying.

Just watched the episode, seeing Zenigame get walled was priceless.

Is that Razord Wind that Absol knows, the one where it uses it's horn thing?

Also it's hard watching it in Japanese, anyone here who knows Japanese, can I just ask how you learned? Was it reading dictionaries and books etc. or do you just pick it up along the way? I don't intend on learning in a day, but just so I can maybe translate bits a little bit more easily if any. Cheers.
    Useful Diamond/Pearl Ice Pokemon Information
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...&postcount=330
    Don't forget to join!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=129074&page=1
    Click To Join

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Jo-Jo, I've got to ask. When exactly did you muster up all this hatred towards Haruka's Squirtle? Before now, I always thought you were either indifferent to it, or just didn't care at all ^^;
    I didn't use to care enough to hate it. Then it beat Flygon. So now it must die.

(Robert beat Flygon too, but he doesn't need to die because he is Wise and Good, and has pretty hair.)

This GF gives me a new appreciation for the Arcanine ep. It foreshadowed Squirtle beating Flygon and Drew's Absol very nicely. Even though Squirtle sucks, it was good to at least see that match-up followed through. In Hoenn, they made a big deal out of Beautifly VS Roselia in Slateport, and then never bothered letting them battle again.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Question Ahhhhh

I cant believe that May would lose to Drew after all this time!
    The banner in your sig was too big, so your sig was deleted. Please read the sig rules.

I have to say, the attack's animation throughout the whole episode were above the level that we normally get stuck with, especially May's Tucker move and Aipom's fancy CG Swift. In fact, the whole Aipom fight was quite good, if all if his fights are all of this level of quailty I'll grow to like the little guy quite quickly, plus it reminded me to track down Spurt's single that just came out.

And where exactly is the Pyramid now? I can't quite make out where Scott said it was, even after rewinding a few times.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I do have to agree that the animation was spot on for this episode. I also loved it when Wakashamo got planted with Razor Wind in midair, just looked awesome. Then Zenigame getting absolutely walled with Iron Tail was pretty awesome as well.

Just wish I could translate it a bit, but I wouldn't know where to begin with trying to learn any of this stuff.
    Don't forget to join!

Click To Join

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnBreederLuke
    Is that Razord Wind that Absol knows, the one where it uses it's horn thing?
    Yes, that was Kamaitachi, aka Razor Wind.

Also it's hard watching it in Japanese, anyone here who knows Japanese, can I just ask how you learned? Was it reading dictionaries and books etc. or do you just pick it up along the way? I don't intend on learning in a day, but just so I can maybe translate bits a little bit more easily if any. Cheers.
    Two classes and a dictionary for me. Got some kanji cards, too.

As for the new location of the Pyramid, I've found something:

I hear Enishida say something that sounds like "fenneru." I think he says, in total, "Jindai wa ima Fennerudan yo iseki ni iru yo" (iseki means "ruins"), to which Satoshi responds by asking "Fennerudan ni?" Enishida basically says that Jindai's now at this F place which has ruins, and Satoshi is unfamiliar with the name, so he repeats it. Masato then says, "Sekiei kougen no oku da! Koko kara chikai yo" (something like, "It's in the depths of the Indigo Plateau! That's nearby!").
    I hope this gives somebody a clue as to what they're talking about.
    Last edited by Kthleen; 1st July 2006 at 10:19 PM.

Classes are a bit of an impossibility for me, but I'll have to see about getting in a dictionary. I don't have any money right now because I just spent it all on a DS Lite, Pokemon Emerald and Metroid Prime: Hunters - so meh, will have to give it a bit of a wait.

Hopefully with a little help and encouragement - and a dictionary, I'll be able to translate, who knows, a sentance? ¬_¬
    Don't forget to join!

Click To Join

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen
    As for the new location of the Pyramid, I've found something:

I hear Enishida say something that sounds like "fenneru." I think he says, in total, "Jindai wa ima Fennerudan yo iseki ni iru yo" (iseki means "ruins"), to which Satoshi responds by asking "Fennerudan ni?" Enishida basically says that Jindai's now at this F place which has ruins, and Satoshi is unfamiliar with the name, so he repeats it. Masato then says, "Sekiei kougen no oku da! Koko kara chikai yo" (something like, "It's in the depths of the Indigo Plateau! That's nearby!").
    Thanks, I guess I missed him saying 'iseki', and as I didn't know what the hell 'Fennerudan' was, I was thinking that it was talking about one of the many filler towns from the past few episodes.

Can anyone give me a translation or idea of what Takeshi was talking about after the battle.

Wakashamo used overheat into the water pulse (?) and Takeshi was saying something about it. Now just from watching I felt it had something to do with using overheat into the water pulse (if thats what it was) weakened it down enough for Wakashamo not to faint from it, or it provided a heat spot of sorts for Wakashamo not to lose to much health from it.

Of course, Takeshi may have just been talking about the match in general and it may have had nothing to do with that overheat into the water pulse, just wanting to know.

I wanted to try and use at least an internet translator to try and get some words - since that's all i can use at the minute - but they talk too fast for me and that means I wouldn't be able to spell the word correctly.
    Don't forget to join!

Click To Join

Just finishes watching it and overall I thought it was great. I thought it interesting how they(the writers) were really milking the whole Drew vs. May with each attack doing a little damage on the bars.

The battle between Aipom and Pikachu was great. I love the little boxer dance it before the battle began and the peace sign it gave to Ash after nailing Pikachu with swift was priceless.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...o1/capture.jpg

I can't believe they had the magicarp salesguy there and not have him swindle James out of all Team Rockets' money again.

Heh, this is like the only episode where James/Jessie/Meowth only got like one line each. FINALLY! The writers realized they shouldn't be wasting time with TR during league tournaments.

I'm so pleased with the way they kept TR in the background, especially in the last episode, where they got like a single line each and we don't see them otherwise.

Good going, writers!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Heh, this is like the only episode where James/Jessie/Meowth only got like one line each. FINALLY! The writers realized they shouldn't be wasting time with TR during league tournaments.

I'm so pleased with the way they kept TR in the background, especially in the last episode, where they got like a single line each and we don't see them otherwise.

Good going, writers!
    That added to the fact that they didn't randomly blast off.

Hooo boy, Ash gone bad! Only one of the hundred reasons why the Battle Frontier kicks ***!

may VS. drew the final battle
    is much like the old pokemon johto episodes
    in the silver confernce.
    and why?
    think about it
    the battle between may and drew
    is much like ash vs. gary
    and the battle between
    may and saroi is
    much like ash vs. harrison

may's battle
    x

x
    Last edited by alecsdell100; 2nd July 2006 at 3:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen
    In the depths of the Indigo Plateau?

That makes me think of that tunnel thing you have to go through in the games to battle a lot of trainers before reaching the Plateau.

Ah well. Thanks for translating!

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Well as nobody answered this to me in other thread i posted.... here is my question...
    first i must say May winning the battle wasn't fair... i saw that by the time combusken tried it's last overheat to the water pulse that absol sent, apart from not doing anything at all, Drew's points went down...
    someone tell me why!!! (brock explained it but didn't understand japanese) if it wasn't the case Drew would have win cuz he had more points than her...
    Can anyone give me a translation or idea of what Takeshi was talking about after the battle.

Wakashamo used overheat into the water pulse (?) and Takeshi was saying something about it. Now just from watching I felt it had something to do with using overheat into the water pulse (if thats what it was) weakened it down enough for Wakashamo not to faint from it, or it provided a heat spot of sorts for Wakashamo not to lose to much health from it.

Of course, Takeshi may have just been talking about the match in general and it may have had nothing to do with that overheat into the water pulse, just wanting to know
    yeah i think that's what i want someone to explain

Shining_Espeon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shining_Espeon

What the helll was going on with Harley? The whole public scene thing?
    [IMG]src="/anime/pictures/kanto/458/AG81.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]src="/anime/pictures/kanto/458/AG82.jpg[/IMG]

That.
    Last edited by Shining_Espeon; 2nd July 2006 at 5:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alecsdell100
    and the battle between may and saroi is
    much like ash vs. harrison
    Nope that is wrong, only on one level that is right and that is that Ash met Harrison before the league started and he lost to him. May met Saori before the festival started and she lost to her. The results of the match were somewhat different. May got completely destroyed by Saori while Ash put up a damn good fight. He just had a poor choice of line up and possibly a wrong selection or two. Charizard gave Blaziken one heck of a fight, and remember the battle with charizard left blaziken unable to battle for the next match being a big contribution to the fact that Harrison lost the next match.
    And also ash didn't cry after his match while may did, im not saying thats wrong or anything. As Jo-Jo pointed out earlier, Saori (my true love) has a thing for making her opponents cry.lol

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast