Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

Well, I saw this on YouTube. Search Haruka VS Shuu and you'll find it. I liked the overall episode, but I'll say the cons.
    - Squirtle taking down Flygon. That was no way right. But at least the writers used a type advantage. That, and Absol got REVENGE!!
    -Saori was a bit too Uber, methinks. But she might not be. Wasn't that the final round, May vs Saori?
    -Using type advantages was ..... boring. I dunno why though.
    I got a little goat. Don't you dare touch...... Urm.... Name suggestions welcome folks.
    Paired up with the gorgeous Koriinku.

Drews flygon lost to a baby squitle

Yes. Yes it did.

*twitch* *pops a pill*

This episode was . Drew's "Dragon Formation" was awesome. It was so disappointing to see Flygon get KOed by Ice Beam. It was great to see May's Combusken learn Overheat, although at first I thought it might have been its Blaze ability. The battle between May and Drew was really cool. It was great to see Ash catch Aipom. It was cool to see Featherdance in the anime. Although I felt really bad for May, at least she did a pretty great job in my opinion.

Just one question for anyone who has an answer. What was Scott doing at the Grand Festival? I thought he only appeared before Ash fights a Frontier Brain.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Ah, Haruka's tears, the stuff that keeps me alive.

What was Scott doing at the Grand Festival? I thought he only appeared before Ash fights a Frontier Brain.
    He was stalking Haruka and got caught.

Anyways, best battle in the series. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    Just one question for anyone who has an answer. What was Scott doing at the Grand Festival? I thought he only appeared before Ash fights a Frontier Brain.
    Obviously he's grown bored with just stalking Ash, so he's starting to stalk May also.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

these contest battles have been some of the most vicious battles i have ever seen. i don't know how but the instance i saw squirtle above flygon i knew an ice beam was going to be used

-Wished cooler battle music could've played to replace Spurt...dramatic-like music for the dub, but Aipom's capture is one of my favorite scenes in the original.;_; At least we still get Magikarp Salesman's cameo.

-Yay, dub May's crying was convincing(and not annoying)! Actually, she sounded great all episode.

-Sounds like the VAs for Absol and Combusken made an attempt to actually act in this important episode(I don't think they were recycling previous Absol voice clips, that's for sure!). Kudos to them.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Freaken EXCELLENT DUBBING of the new guys EVER!!!

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

Default Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I don't think he was talking to me, although he should have been clearer.

Bubble = awa
    Bubblebeam = baboru kousen
    *blink* *looks up Pochama's D/P-Dex entry* So... Hikari's Pochama was at at least level 22 from the moment it was first shown? Or is this one of those cases where the games really don't apply?

EDIT: Guess I'm not the only one having posting trouble...
    Last edited by cassius335; 14th December 2006 at 3:28 AM.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

The animation was also top notch aswell. I LOVE the last Sky Uppercut scene and both Absol and Combusken's voice acting.

I really felt bad for May though while she was crying... the V.A in that was suberb as well... lol@Ash catching Aipom while being hyper.

Hope we have more eps like this during D/P
    Last edited by AdvanceX; 14th December 2006 at 3:15 AM.

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

Wow, this was a great episode ^_^, intense battling and May was destroyed in the last round, and the May crying, I was like.....I don't know, but I felt sorry for her or something

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I didn't like these Grand Festival episodes that much because the battles were too short. For example how did Soledad (not Samantha, as Serebii says on his website) manage to beat May in less than two minutes? The only good battle was May vs. Drew. Once again Combusken learns a new attack during a Contest. I can't believe were almost in D/P! Only 10 more episodes till the first episode of it but technically Season 10 does not start until Episode 476. I wonder how that's gonna work out.

Ahhh, I cried when May started crying! You know she wanted to win so bad! She just got clobbered by Soladad...and when do we ever get to see Drew's Butterfree?

~*~Made by Me~*~

I missed the capture AND the Magikarp salesman!?!

Thanks, Cartoon Network.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Saori beat May in less than two minutes because they had to give the May and Drew battle a lot of time. The Saori/May battle came on screen when May was already almost beat. So the battle wasn't REALLY that short, we just saw the end of it. The May/Drew battle was the important battle in this episode, and thats why the original episode was called, 'May vs. Drew The Final Battle.'

The battles weren't any different than the battles we usually see in the show, so I don't see why you're complaining about it. Its not new. But the May/Drew battle was awesome, and you can't say no. One of the best battles ever. And I think PUSA did quite well with all three of the GFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishus13 View Post
    Ahhh, I cried when May started crying! You know she wanted to win so bad! She just got clobbered by Soladad...and when do we ever get to see Drew's Butterfree?
    We see it next Thursday in the 'Rivals Forever' episode.

Right, I almost forgot Ash finally caught his Aipom ^_^

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Quote Originally Posted by mandikitty View Post

We see it next Thursday in the 'Rivals Forever' episode.
    Except that this week ends the weekday new episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishus13 View Post
    Same here, I cried a bit, I felt bad for her, and it made me feel fuzzy, especially when Ash and Brock comforted her. Awww.

Wow, this is now officially my favorite episode in Battle Frontier. I loved every minute of it and especially the battle between May and Drew. Best ever, and it was intense, I was at the edge of the seat the whole time. It was nuts, I like it when we get battles like that once in a while.

Ash capture Aipom was all ready known for a while, but its just me, but the voice actors were actually better than usual again, and another surprise as well is that a lot of BGM was kept since I heard some tunes they almost never play in the dub. Wow, I ready to watch again tonight since I got this on tape! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Except that this week ends the weekday new episodes.
    Oh really? So they'll be going back to only 2 episodes on Saturday mornings after this week?

I'm guessing they'll go back to doing that when they reair every ep up to tomorrow. CN has a knack of doing that, you see.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I gotta say Ash's voice actor has finally gotten him down, great energy in it at last. May's and Brock's continue to be great (May's crying was just so realistic, the best crying I ever heard in the series) and even Drew was improved (I'd been somewhat disliking his new voice).

So I guess the main point behind the comments on May being too aggressive in battle like Ash wasn't meant to say that such battling has no place in contests (as they said, Solidade was fighting the same way in her other battles), but that rather because Ash always battles this way (except on rare occassions where he has to change things up), May lacked the ability to quickly alter her strategy to the complete opposite of an aggressive style because her own experience in altering strategies to great degrees was limited.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Would of liked to have seen this one.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

I'll say it right now. Combusken v. Absol was probably one of my favorite battles in the anime. It totally made this GF worthwhile for me to watch.

Now, I know I've been one of the few defending Squirtle since May got it, and I knew what happened from looking at pictures of the episode; but the writers/animators really made Drew's Flygon either incredibly slow or incredibly stupid to leave itself open for those attacks. Everyone pointed out that the pause was a bit long, so now that I see it, I agree with them. My only explanations are: Flygon could have thought it concern itself more with Combusken (did Drew know Squirtle knew Ice Beam?) OR Flygon just lost sight of Squirtle as it Rapid-Spinned out of the way. Either that or its the fault of the animators for leaving such a long pause...

Don't really care that Ash caught Aipom. When it showed up at the GF way back in July (wtf?) in Japan, I knew he'd catch it.

I'm quite content that Saori won the whole thing. Nice to witness a female win a major competition for once (ya know...GF or League final). She was a pretty likable character. Its a shame we probably won't ever see her again. =\ She was just under Grace in my list of favorite co-ordinators.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I thought this episode showed what true friendship is about!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast