Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

Yeah that last Overheat served a double purpose: it helped to catch Drew off-guard, and it weakened the Water Pulse.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Just saw the episode, it was awesome! Where is the Battle Pyramid then?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    Just saw the episode, it was awesome! Where is the Battle Pyramid then?
    You....

You don't read through the threads, do you?

Check on page 10, post #190, Kthleen's post. It's explained there.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    You....

You don't read through the threads, do you?

Check on page 10, post #190, Kthleen's post. It's explained there.
    You could have just explained it, would have been much easier
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Rufinito18
    How's about I do that, then?

WHERE THE BATTLE PYRAMID IS:
    I hear Enishida (Scott) say something that sounds like "fenneru." I think he says, in total, "Jindai (Brandon) wa ima Fennerudan yo iseki ni iru yo" (iseki means "ruins"), to which Satoshi (Ash) responds by asking "Fennerudan ni?" Enishida basically says that Jindai's now at this F place which has ruins, and Satoshi is unfamiliar with the name, so he repeats it. Masato (Max) then says, "Sekiei kougen no oku da! Koko kara chikai yo" (something like, "It's in the depths of the Indigo Plateau! That's nearby!").

I don't know where the Pyramid is. All I can get is that it's deep in the Indigo Plateau and near some ruins. If someone can pick out where it is, please tell us.
    Last edited by Kthleen; 8th July 2006 at 7:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufinito18
    Only for you or HoennMaster or whoever. You could have just done the intelligent thing and actually read the thread in the first place, but you chose to complain instead.

Well, it's about ****ing time! Combusken finally gets its Just Desserts. In all of its wins, it was pretty much a dues ex unstopabble chicken who could defeat everyone with ease, much like Harrison's/Ray's Blaziken (especially including the latest battle with Absol). Now it recieves it's clean pwnage against Slowbro, a pokemon with both of Combusken's weaknesses. After all the wins against pokemon that has an adventage against it, it finally LOSES to one. Finally some justice against that cheap chicken. Now I want Blaziken to lose (hopefully that badly or against Sceptile, preferably Ash's).

Season One Complete!

Why is it people insist on finding everything possible to complain about when it comes to May? Can't you people just sit back and watch, and...not complain? Is it really that hard to do?

One thing that Bugged me was May always commenting on Ash using Overheat to much but she used it 3 or 4 times.

If the Pyramid is in the depths of the Indigo Plateau, I guess that has to mean the Indigo Plateau isn't just that town where the Pokemon LEague and Grand Festival take place. This should get Interesting.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Why is it people insist on finding everything possible to complain about when it comes to May? Can't you people just sit back and watch, and...not complain? Is it really that hard to do?
    We're the Pokemon Fandom. Complaining is our business.

We're the Pokemon Fandom. Complaining is our business.
    Happens in every anime...and you have no idea how much this happens in the sports world(Cena, anyone?). I just tend to go with the flow and not complain unless it absolutely calls for it.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    One thing that Bugged me was May always commenting on Ash using Overheat to much but she used it 3 or 4 times.
    It seems like May did that to trick Drew into thinking that she was going to keep using Overheat even when it was starting to get pathetically weak, hence how she caught him so off-guard with Sky Uppercut.

Anyway, I saw this ep a few days ago. It was good, yadda yadda Ash catches the monkey thing and hey look the Magikarp Salesman blah blah blah it WAS pretty even up until the end so that's good etc etc all the good comments have been taken already. Perhaps I should get around to these thigns sooner on the times when I choose to do them.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Gweh?! No 'typed this as I watched it' commentary Juputoru? Tears of everlasting sadness ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Greenkirby
    Well, it's about ****ing time! Combusken finally gets its Just Desserts. In all of its wins, it was pretty much a dues ex unstopabble chicken who could defeat everyone with ease, much like Harrison's/Ray's Blaziken (especially including the latest battle with Absol). Now it recieves it's clean pwnage against Slowbro, a pokemon with both of Combusken's weaknesses. After all the wins against pokemon that has an adventage against it, it finally LOSES to one. Finally some justice against that cheap chicken. Now I want Blaziken to lose (hopefully that badly or against Sceptile, preferably Ash's).
    Yay, it's poorly-constructed argument time!
    Thank god...I was getting a little bored~

Ohh-kay then. For starters; Combusken has only ever had a single victory that could even be considered a cop-out. Namely it's Mega Kick antics down at the Yuzihara Contest. Apart from this one slight slip-up, which was really no worse than Sceptile pulling Solarbeam out of nowhere I might add, every other battle it's participated in has seen it overcome the opponent with it's skill alone. No silly outlandish stunts or moronic inserts by my watch. There's also the fact that we usually see Combusken win by the skin of it's teeth. Apart from the rather insignificant matches against Jessie in the first round battles, it hardly 'defeats everyone with ease'...as you put it. Hell, using Absol as an example is outright idiotic. It was blatantly obvious that Absol had a lot more strength than Combusken, which was demonstrated by the fact that while Shuu's pokémon seemed to be able to continue fighting on after the final Sky Uppercut, Combusken collapsed to it's feet, exhausted and clearly worse off than it's opponent. Now, I'm just a simple dinner condiment, but I can't say that portrays the defendant fowl as one 'unstoppable chicken'.
    Your claims that it's victories against types it has a natural disadvantage against were bogus is also laughable. Type disadvantages have never been an issue when taking the trainer's strategic plans into account. So once gain, I must stress that almost every battle it's been in, disadvantage or not, has been met with success due to it's abilities alone. No dues ex crap. If defeating pokémon it's weak against is such a crime, I suggest you take the time to look at some of the victories Ash's pokémon have taken home, before using that as an excuse to pick on Haruka's pokémon.

Silly rabbit. Just because you've gained this silly bias against Haruka after she refered to a random Treecko as creepy, doesn't mean you can't appreciate both how good this fight and Combusken as a battling pokémon are.
    But hey...if you can actually present me with a decent example detailing how Combusken is this supposed 'cheap chicken' go ahead. I'm all ears! .

Combusken kicks butt and takes names. That's all we need to know.

Haruka vs. Shuu is one of the best contest battles I have ever seen, although Shuu should have won. I believe that if any of Haruka's Pokémon evolve, they will be too powerful for her to handle.
    I have the feeling Saori (sp?) will become a regular contest winner in the future, and Haruka will be the same as Satoshi. She will be close to winning a major tournament, and then continuously fail at the last hurdle..
    Yay for Aipom, but why did everyone cheer when Satoshi caught it? It wasn't even a difficult battle really.
    Note at the end, when Haruka is crying, and Satoshi and Takeshi comfort her, Max continues to smile...

Do the Robot!

Combusken pulling out Overheat right in the middle of the battle against Drew was a bit on the cheap side... but I'll forgive it because Absol was rather ridiculously overpowered itself. It got set on fire at one point and still had more health left at the end... yowser.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons?
    Haruka vs. Shuu is one of the best contest battles I have ever seen, although Shuu should have won. I believe that if any of Haruka's Pokémon evolve, they will be too powerful for her to handle.
    I have the feeling Saori (sp?) will become a regular contest winner in the future, and Haruka will be the same as Satoshi. She will be close to winning a major tournament, and then continuously fail at the last hurdle..
    Yay for Aipom, but why did everyone cheer when Satoshi caught it? It wasn't even a difficult battle really.
    Note at the end, when Haruka is crying, and Satoshi and Takeshi comfort her, Max continues to smile...
    I agree that the latest Haruka vs. Shuu was one of the best contest battles (though I think Ash's have been extremely creative and interesting), but I think Haruka deserved to win, namely because it puts her at Shuu's level. I also think that the writers having Haruka win by time limit also put the possiblity out there: would Haruka have still won if there was an unlimited amount of time? That gives Shuu his amazing ability back.
    I don't think Saori's coming back. I think she was a one-time character like Robert. Like Shuu said about Robert, there's always someone better.
    I think everyone cheered for Ash catching Aipom because it was in the middle of a busy area, and it was a bit exciting. Also probably because Ash was so excited about catching Aipom. Plus, we see Ash battling all the time on the show, but it was the first time the people who cheered for him had ever seen him battle.
    And I totally agree with you on the Max smiling while May was bawling her eyes out. I was thinking WTF, Max? Your sister's crying her eyes out and you just stand there and smile. Lol. I don't think it was a completely intentional thing...maybe he just looked like he was smiling from the angle we saw him at, but really he just had a straight face. Who knows. :P

First two by the amazing Teppo Pepper The far right one from Pokemon Source
        Spoiler:- MayxDrew AshxMisty PikachuxPokechow:

Read My Fanfics:
    No Coincidence , Just Beyond The City Walls

Why is Ash unconcerned about Contests? He'd be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua's Dolphin
    Why is Ash unconcerned about Contests? He'd be pretty good.
    He doesn't want to compete in them himself, he's content with watching May do them.

Indeed, he's focused on his own goal, and contests would probably distract him too much from it.

Shiny Lapras Guest

I've a question about this episode: why didn't Drew give the rose to May, but he left it to Saori, who then gave it to May? Drew always gave the roses to May, saying her they were for Beautifly. I don't think he doesn't do it 'cause of Beautifly's absence XD so, what's the reason? Is he too shy after Wakana's episode? °_°

Shiny Lapras

Great episode!I It was great.When Ash couth Aipom thath was a great battle thath it's great that serebii is adding episodes and you can see them still in YouTube.

I'm kind of ****** about how uuber they made Saori. It ticks me off that someone can waltz in and clean May's pokemon's clock like it was nothing. I wish that had gotten it's own episode so that the battle wouldn't be so one sided.

I meen if they introduced this new trainer and had them whipe the floor with Ash as easily I bet everybody would be rioting about it.

Actually I think it's perfectly acceptable.

It is nice to see a main character get totally wiped out by a strong trainer for once. It shows that they still have a long way to grow, and need lots more experience.

Considering this was only May's second Grand Festival, it was a perfect learning experience.

I do think it might have been better if they'd introduced Saori prior to the Festival, though, like they did with Robert. There's no real difference between Saori stomping May and Robert wiping out Drew, except that the Robert/Drew thing was better foreshadowed. (For that matter, Saori wiping out Drew would have been better foreshadowed, too, but I won't go into that again. )

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast