Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

Well...

-Saori/Solidad winning the Grand Festival was of course predictable.
    -Harley saying he wants to strangle May's little neck with her bandana was totally random.
    -Drew finally giving May credit out loud was just great. *proud Contestshipper*
    -Flygon vs Squirtle...I hate that little blue puke-bucket so not much to say.
    -Absol vs Combusken...Best battle I've seen in years!

And that's about all.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Now, I know I've been one of the few defending Squirtle since May got it, and I knew what happened from looking at pictures of the episode; but the writers/animators really made Drew's Flygon either incredibly slow or incredibly stupid to leave itself open for those attacks. Everyone pointed out that the pause was a bit long, so now that I see it, I agree with them. My only explanations are: Flygon could have thought it concern itself more with Combusken (did Drew know Squirtle knew Ice Beam?) OR Flygon just lost sight of Squirtle as it Rapid-Spinned out of the way. Either that or its the fault of the animators for leaving such a long pause...
    Well, I'd say the pause was not as long as it appeared to be (what with cutting back to them giving commands and whatnot) and its always possible they wanted to incorporate the effect of Bubble stunning an opponent and slowing it down. Regardless, we've seen worse.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

As all of the contest episodes, I liked this one.

-May vs. Drew was very good.

-Although I am all for starter victories, squirtle was definately overrated. Killing Flygon off so easily? Yeah right. At least absol set it straight.

-Combusken vs. Absol was awesome. Overheat was a nice attack, and combusken really pulled through. Not like absol didn't put up a fight, though.

-I despise Ash's decision to catch aipom. He disgusted me at that point.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

How could you despise that aipom? Its so cooty wooty!!!!!!
    I thought Combusken was gonna evolve but nooo it learned another move, that was the coolest battle I seen for a LONG time, but curse Solidad, not even making another suspensful battle, and I think there should actually being one of the main characters to actually get first place in SOMETHING! May lost 2 grand festivals, Ash lost 3 Pokemon Leagues <.<.

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Ash catching Aipom was cool!

May and her loss...it really was kinda heartbreaking to see her break down like that, but I'm gald she cheered up just in time to say good bye to Drew.

Combusken learning a new move was awesome, and heck Torkoal was mentioned in this episode (which I was surprised about since I thought Ash was about to say Charizard instead...). So yeah, it's a good episode.

Ughh, so it aired. Ughhh!! I'm so mad I missed it!! I forgot all about it after watching all the new episodes this week and it was the thing I was looking forward to the most! Jeez.
    I will be leaving Serebii Forums at the end of this year. I no longer can keep up with Serebii with my busy schedule.Though I am up for trading and battling.

Friend Codes:
    Diamond: 2793-3418-5480
    Pearl: Soon to come
    Platinum: Ditto

Well, i was able to watch this episode and i must say a few things about it that really caught my interest:

First and foremost, i was kinda shocked that they showed the end part of the Solidad versus May part. I was kinda hoping they would extend that like they did with Ash's hoenn league battles(or in some way put it to the next episode). Short as that was, it completely reminded me of the way Drew lost in the last Grand Festival.

Secondly, i was incredibly happy to see that May knew that Flygon would be super weak to Squirtle's Ice Beam!!! I havent been this happy since the episode "Scheme Team" where they fixed the whole "normal can hit ghost types" messup. Other than that though, i was greatly pleased with that. Then of course Absol avenges with a perfect K-O.

Absol versus Combusken. Wow. Just like Ash's battle against Gary; Charizard versus Blastoise. Very nice, very well done. Combusken learning Overheat was strange, but otherwise cool. And I'm very pleased that Ash showed some form of intelligence by saying that he recognized the attack as Overheat(afterall it's sorta natural to think this sort of thing after all we've seen). Absol's Razor Wind was very nice indeed, but it looked more like Slash to me. Harley going nuts after May won was hilarious, aswell as seeing that small crowd around him looking at him like a total nutcase!!

Then of course we have ourselves a "foreshadowing" 2 minute battle between May and Solidad. The people still havent corrected what Pidgeot says(if you must know, it still says "Pidgeot-to"), but seeing it use Feather Dance(I'm pretty sure that's what it was) was pretty cool. This sorta reminded me a little bit of Ash's loss to Ritchie, more or less.

Then of course May cry's which was unexpected by alright. Ash has had his share, so why not her? Then of course they nicely finished up the episode(anyone catch Jessie slip the word "trouble" during the announcement?), utilizing the fact that we wont be seeing Drew for a while(then again some of us know he'll be back for one last thing).

Ash catching Aipom was pretty decent. He had to have at least 1 capture in the Battle Frontier. Scott appearing was kinda strange but seemed to work... sorta. Does anyone know what he was there for? Or was he just there to see how May would perform?

Overall a very well made episode. I'm sorta disappointed that they couldnt do this with a few more of the BF episodes, but i guess there were a few good ones.

My rating for this is... 9.5/10 my highest rating for quite a while.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by starterlover1 View Post
    I despise Ash's decision to catch aipom. He disgusted me at that point.
    I despise you for despicing ash's decision. You disgusted me for saying that. I Love that little monkey. He's cool... I can't believe anyone would say this about aipom. I don't see ANYTHING wrong with ash catching Aipom. Seeing as he has a new evolution!! I'm ashamed of all you aipom-haters!

Quote Originally Posted by TogeticTheRuler View Post
    How could you despise that aipom? Its so cooty wooty!!!!!!
    I totally agree with you... Even though I'm a guy... I can't help myself, Aipom ROX! In fact, He ROX MY SOX!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    *blink* *looks up Pochama's D/P-Dex entry* So... Hikari's Pochama was at at least level 22 from the moment it was first shown? Or is this one of those cases where the games really don't apply?
    Pokemon don't always learn moves in the same order or at the same time as they do in the games. There are dozens of examples of this, even within the gang's own Pokemon. Even Brock's Bonsly already knows Double-Edge, which it doesn't learn in the games until level 46.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by starterlover1 View Post
    As all of the contest episodes, I liked this one.

-May vs. Drew was very good.

-Although I am all for starter victories, squirtle was definately overrated. Killing Flygon off so easily? Yeah right. At least absol set it straight.

-Combusken vs. Absol was awesome. Overheat was a nice attack, and combusken really pulled through. Not like absol didn't put up a fight, though.

-I despise Ash's decision to catch aipom. He disgusted me at that point.
    Why ? Its a Nice Pokemon ! ¬¬

Well this Episode Was Great I Just Loved Harley ;D

after this episode, i am now in love with that little aipom, i've always hated it, but now in these episodes, it changed my mind!! soo weird there was another effect of episodes on me about pokemon one other time....RIGHT pocchama, it's so cute in the episode, being a guy it soudns weird but i kno i am def. choosing pocchama inD/P

and i WILL have aipom on my team, not evolved casue the thing looks ferociously UGLY!

Name: Bryan
    Friend Code : 1263 6261 1934

Default 10/10 Episode!

This has got of been the best Battle I have seen from the program! Also the best from May! That girl can amaze and shock the hell out of my undies lol...joking! I don't wear those. Anyway!!!

10/10 for this episode! May had shown us all great improvement within her ability's of being a Co-Ordinate! It was one amazing battle that I will never forget. The moves from Absol and Drew were really awesome! Great teamwork shown to us by Absol and Flygon. With Flygon moving out of the way and Absol using Razor Wind. I Loved every moment of that battle! All of that music being used in the background of the battle just made this battle really great! Also great to see Combusken protecting its self with the fire spin after Flygon had used Flamethrower.

The formation that Drew used was really sweet! "Dragon Formation" It was one really tough move that would of destroyed May if Drew had used it once more. Since it pretty much covered the whole battlefield and the two of May's Pokémon couldn't dodge was really a move to be reckoned with!

The animation being used to show all of the moves being used by each Pokémon was really cool! Best I have seen in a bit.

I loved it when May used the Fire Water Combo! And how they showed us all how she had learned that move from the Battle Dome. It was a really great move that was being used against Drew's Absol and Flygon. I was on the edge of my seat wondering who would win the battle! And what had made it worse was that the Host of the battle was telling us that the time was running out! Making me so much in a rush to see who was going to win!

It was also a really good thing seeing that Absol using Flash to try and make its opponents accuracy a little bad. And with the counter of May's Squirtle using Rapid Spin was a really quick move to use. Especially since the flash attack wouldn't of been able to of gotten through the shell. And since Flygon tried to use steel wing and hit that Squirtle up into the air was a really good one at that. I was a little annoyed that May had used Bubble on Flygon, but I'm glad she did, other wise she would have either lost the match or drawed. But then she used Ice beam which was great! And made me a little more happier lol.

Absol sure showed us all how strong it was by taking out Squirtle in that one Iron Tail. Also that Combusken showed us how powerful it was by showing that new amazing move, Overheat! It was a little odd seeing it as a ball shaped version instead of a beam looking one which was a first. But it was a really good one at that! Great to see that Overheat kept Combusken alive after that Water Pulse. Great moves shown to us all! Even that Sky Uppercut that was used to finish off that Absol was awesome! Amazing! 10/10!

I was pretty happy that the Aipom Ash was catching wasn't a wimpy Pokémon and was strong with some really decent moves. Funny when Max noticed that there was a bunch of random people that had shown up after Ash caught that Aipom.

Really sad seeing May and seeing that last move and the shot of us going through May's eyes with the shock look within those eyes and the lose to Solidad, and watching May cry with the sad music in the background. So sad. But good to know that May is younger then Ash and has done better then him! Lol! So funny! Hope to see Solidad sometime in the future.

This is an Episode I will never forget.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

I love how they kept most of the BGM during May's battle. And we had the best acting in the dub since forever.

Marry the Night

This is probbaly one of my favourite episodes for a long time. I love the battle between May/Drew the tension is just hehe. and also some of the oines are great as well.
    I also like Ash catching Aipom as well and then at the end when Solidad gives May the rose I missed that the first time around and when people kept saying that I was like huh when did she give May the rose. Then I saw it.... ^_^
    And i also heard Jessie say trouble as well which also makes me laugh

This episode was so good that I shivered for the last minutes. What a intense battle..Combusken pwnage!

Thanks to the release of the Battle Frontier volume 2 DVD, I was finally able to watch this episode 2 years after the schedulers skipped over this episode in repeats, so I can finally review it.

Drew vs. May was AWESOME! Even though I knew May didn't win the cup, not remembering if she lost to Drew or not made the battle that much more exciting to watch. I was especially relieved that the loss snapped Drew out of his funk too. Harley's reaction to May's winning was hilarious too, especially when he swore he'd strangle May with her bandanna. LOL I liked Ash and Brock and Max comforting May after her loss, too, that was touching. Too bad that May didn't win the cup, but at least her battle with Drew was terrific.

Too bad watching this episode two years later lessened the whole thing with Ash catching Aipom. It's long since left his party and evolved now, so it's so weird watching this episode now. I can see where Aipom got its enthusiasm for contests, though.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Thanks to the release of the Battle Frontier volume 2 DVD, I was finally able to watch this episode 2 years after the schedulers skipped over this episode in repeats, so I can finally review it.

Drew vs. May was AWESOME! Even though I knew May didn't win the cup, not remembering if she lost to Drew or not made the battle that much more exciting to watch. I was especially relieved that the loss snapped Drew out of his funk too. Harley's reaction to May's winning was hilarious too, especially when he swore he'd strangle May with her bandanna. LOL I liked Ash and Brock and Max comforting May after her loss, too, that was touching. Too bad that May didn't win the cup, but at least her battle with Drew was terrific.

Too bad watching this episode two years later lessened the whole thing with Ash catching Aipom. It's long since left his party and evolved now, so it's so weird watching this episode now. I can see where Aipom got its enthusiasm for contests, though.
    To reclaim:

To reclaim:

lol Harley having a total meltdown in the corner and fifty people are just staring... XD;

Finally! May defeats Drew! ^_^ Tough fight, I have to say. In fact, I sorta thought Combusken would evolve at that time. It's a bit disappointing that May didn't win the Grand Festival, though. I felt kinda bad for her...

And this is the episode where Ash gets his Aipom... hmm. Now I know when he finally got it.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Ah, that I would call the "pulse-pounding" conclusion to the Kanto Grande Festibol arc.

How would Absol's Water Pulse turn into Surf like that I'll never know, but luckily for Combusken, it uses Sky Uppercut for Super Effective same-type attack bonus on Absol.

As for the Aipom battle and capture scene, I find it fun. ^^

But, the May vs. Solidad match seems kinda rushed. Luckily for May, she has such good friends. ^^
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

After seeing this episode again, I firmly rank this battle as the best of the series, hands down. Combusken vs Absol was just breathtaking.

The way Absol used Water Pulse as both offense and defense was awesome and Combusken psuedo-rapid spinning to avoid flash was a great strategy by May.

I'm surprised that Absol recovered as quickly as it did after that point-blank range Overheat, but I guess it was getting pretty weak at that point.

The movie 6 music playing through the fight just made the battle all the more epic.

And I still love Squirtle. Yeah, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekagi View Post
    How would Absol's Water Pulse turn into Surf like that I'll never know

But, the May vs. Solidad match seems kinda rushed. Luckily for May, she has such good friends. ^^
    It didn't turn into Surf, that is just how Absol uses it, Aggron's is similar

Of course it seemed rushed, we only saw a minute of it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I actually wished Solidad was introduced a lot earlier, she seemed like a good character but she's only in these 3 episodes, (aside from a 1 second shot of her during the Wallace cup).

I very much doubt we'll ever get to see May beat her, considering her story is off-screen now, but it would be awesome to see Blaziken and Glaceon against her Pidgeot and Slowbrow. Oh well.

I agree. Solidad is by far one of the best coordinators and characters we've seen and she could have been a great addition to the show.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Solidad should have been introduced earlier and should have had a bigger part in the entire series

Power
    The
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
    I Have Power
    PLATINUM FC: 3480 8759 5501

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast