Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

He appeared to tell Ash about the Pyramid

I was hoping Combusken would have used its Blaze ability instead of learning Overheat. I wish she took Absol down with her Sky Uppercut, instead of the time running out.
    Ack--Overheat. Too many Fire types learn that these days...Blaze would have been friggin' awesome looking.

#2 Ash's battle/capture with Aipom. What made it interesting was that Aipom uses its tail to execute all of its major attacks (Swift, Iron Tail, Focus Punch). It also made a "victory" sign when it first knocked Pikachu back with Focus Punch. It sure has Ash's old cockiness. There was a crowd of people that (I assume) was watch the GF from the big-screens outside. They grouped around Ash while he and Pikachu battled Aipom, and cheered for him when Aipom was caught. Had to love that.
    Heh, that's pretty cool. But I'll have to look at the last eppie's pics again, because Aipom looked really badly drawn this time IMO.

He appeared to tell Ash about the Pyramid
    And it is in...?(I'm hoping for Vermillion myself--doesn't seem right for it to be in crowded Celadon City)
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 30th June 2006 at 5:49 PM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Was Scott telling Ash the location of the Battle Pyramid at the end? It looked like he was talking to Ash, Brock and Max while Max had his Pokenav out at the end so I'm assuming he did but you can't tell that from pictures.

It's be said on BMGf but I'll see it here. Aipom needs to die. It's always been annoying and it's part of the group in Ash's team.

Other than that, some kick butt though cheap fighting for the entire episode. Though they could have put more into the Saori battle.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Personally, I am glad Saori (however u spell it) won. Its obvious she's been a cooridinator for a long time, how else can u win with a butterfree. I saw the pictures and May was a SORE LOSER! Who cries over losing a Pokemon contest, she is the only person I have ever seen cry in the anime, she didn't cry in the last Grand Festival and now she cries in this one. I do feel a LITTLE bad for her though, she should've stolen ash's snorlax and said her munchlax evolved, she shoulda acted like harley, except, Ash is a trainer and not a coordinator so if she stole one of Ash's Pokemon, she would've won, then again she doesn't cheat like my friend who turned of the game when I killed his Alakazam, oh well, they are never gonna make May win until she is like 90 years old. At least Drew was defeated suprisingly since he wasn't using the weak Pokemon Roselia.

Thanks to Pikablu the Pokemaster for this awesome userbar.

Are you a Kirby fan? click the banner to join the Kirby Klub!

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

Roselia? Weak?? *has heart attack*

That makes me feel better, actually. May has still never beaten Roselia. ^_^

Heh, anyone catch the Magikarp salesman with the group of people watching Ash capture Aipom?

Oh, so that's where he was! I heard he was in it. LMAO. I love that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    So basically they decided to make her better then Ash, finishing in the Top 4 rather then the Top 8 again. Shows favoratisim for her doesn't.
    Nope:

* There are more people in league's than Grand Festivals.

* Contests =/= Battles. So you can't really compare there two.

WOW May got thrashed by Saori, but her battle against Drew looked pretty fair IMO. Since Ice beats Flygon x4 so you can't say it wasn't fair.

And I lol'd when I suddenly saw a picture of Tucker, but then it was clear with the fire and water mix thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    I don't why Team Rocket (or at least Jessie) didn't bother to either steal the Ribbon Cup or simply cause trouble. After that failed attempt to steal May's ribbons, you think that Jessie would come up with a new scheme to become "a top coordinator" by any means possible.
    GOD! Make up your mind, first you said in another thread that Team Rocket should stay out of the way in important battles, and they did now you're saying that Jessie should of stolen the Ribbon Cup.

Well I have news for you, CHARACTERS CAN CHANGE!! Like in the Saffron contest Jessie didn't cheat and actually complimented May I hear. You can't run around letting your hate for Team Rocket fuel your lame reasoning to wha they should do. Jessie and James don't have to steal everything they see, is there anything wrong with them staying out of the battle so May and Drew can fight fairly?

No there isn't. I'm glad Team Rocket were out of the way so we could focus on the battle.

Am I the only one who thought all the strangely coloured screens and the half screens kinda ruined the animation flow in this episode? And they attacks seemed to make explosions a lot o_o;

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    I'm just confused that why Team Rocket didn't cause any trouble at this Grand Festival, like how they did at the Hoenn GF.

BTW, Jo-Jo, you don't have to get mad at me, just because I mostly talk about Jessie.
    Maybe characters can change? >_>

And she's not made cause you always talk about Jessie, its the way you character bash her a lot of the time.

I miss Roselia, how come Drew never uses it anymore? Is she too big for him now? :/

As for Aipom, as long as it does something i'll be ok.

I seen the pics, and Drew vs. May battle takes about half the episode. I so glad May FINALLY beats Drew, so happy for her. But loses the next one obviously no big surprise there. The battle looked really intense so I'm not going really judge much especially Squirtle beating Flygon??? NOt gonna say much. And May crying??? I wonder either say cried of her loss, or the pressure she was in. I know after beating Drew, I bet she couldn't keep up with Soari, the girl name. Yay for May.

Ash catches an Aipom, wow not big surprise either. Hope it gonna be useful.

Sorry to ask, but where the Grand Festival takes place, I haven't been paying attention lately.

I just saw the episode and it was a bit meh. Absol so kicked that turtle right where I wanted it to. *______* The scene where Drew lost is here ( he took it quite well too ):

http://i3.*******.com/1692qso.gif

May crying was pretty shallow to me. =/ She should've been over crying the first time she entered a contest. I mean she got to the semi-finals and yet the writers decide to make her cry? Disgraceful. >>

I still find May beating Drew this region was kind of unbelievable. =/ If it had been one more region, many people wouldn't be complaining and it would've been much more believable. We didn't even get to see Drew enter in any contest whatsoever besides the GF and he gets beaten already. *sigh*

WHAT HAPPEND TO ROSELIA? >> First it takes steriods now it's in a rehab center? Gosh, I want that thing back so bad. :<

I find it really agrivating that Harley did nothing in that entire episode. O_o What he did this time fails in comparison to what he did last time.

Aipom.... needs... to.. die. >> God that thing is annoying. Do we really want Ash to capture a pokemon with a hand sticking out of it's *** that has a fetish for hats?

Overall the episode was a bit, blunt save for Abol kicking Squirtle and the AbsolCombusken battle.

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy..
    Sorry to ask, but where the Grand Festival takes place, I haven't been paying attention lately.
    It takes place at the Indigo Plateau
    Last edited by Umi Mizuno; 30th June 2006 at 6:18 PM.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Good episode. Surprisingly May used a strategy Tucker used, never thought I'd see that. Glad Combusken got the win on Drew's Absol though. I'm also glad Saori won the Festival. As for Aipom, I'm curious on what it can possibly even do besides being there for comedic reasons since I don't see it battling Brandon anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno
    It takes place at the Indigo Plateau
    Okay, thanks, I wasn't too sure.

The only reason I am happy that May beat Drew is cause she was using Squirtle. If she had used Squirtle against Saori, my feelings about her losing would be different. Overall, she has been through 2 reigons, but I don't think that would be enough to defeat Saori, and where the heck is Robert, OMFG, please tell me he isn't still in Hoenn. (wonders if he went to thin Shinou or Johto Reigon).

Thanks to Pikablu the Pokemaster for this awesome userbar.

Are you a Kirby fan? click the banner to join the Kirby Klub!

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

I wonder where the Battle Pyramid is now.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Wheeeeeeeee, just saw the pics, looks like it was an AWESOME episode.

May finally bested Drew, after all this time. And it wasn't one of her 00bered out wins either, it was a to-the-wire close one all the way. Nice.

Go Saori Here's to her returning in Shinou.

I TOLD YOU ASH WOULD CATCH AIPOM!! And not only that, the little monkey doesn't seem like all that bad a fighter after all. Even as such I think he caught it to set up a new D/P evolution being unveiled.

Scott appearing was delightfully random. As if we needed any more evidence that he is stalking May......

Oh yes, and nice touch with the flashback to the Tucker episode.

All in all, I think it's safe to say this Grand Festival was head and shoulders above the Hoenn one.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 30th June 2006 at 7:27 PM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I agree with t3h Butler, this Grand Festival r00ls and pwns the Hoenn one. OK, enough of that speak- I feel so dirty. *hurriedly scrubs fingers*

I liked it for so many reasons; Ash catching Aipom; May winning in a tense situation; and Saori. She's easily one of my favourite characters because of her down-to-earth-ness, for lack of better word.

Still, Combusken with Overheat felt like a pointless tack on.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

I saw the pic look like a good ep but i don't get the hole crying thing she was find in the first one and I think combusk should of take down flygon.
    Can't wait to see this one

Wow.

The Magikarp Salesman makes a cameo too!

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/458/AG260.jpg

This episode keeps getting better and better.
    Last edited by Chatsy; 30th June 2006 at 7:50 PM.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

WHOA! A hidden cameo for once, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    Wow.

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/458/AG260.jpg

This episode keeps getting better and better.
    he looks kinda stunned in the picture, bet he heard about Aipom stealing hats from people and came to catch it and use it in some way to scam people out of money, but was stunned that Ash caught it.

Well, according to other people on various sites and forums. May and Drew battled in the Top 4 and May and Saori fought in the final match. By looking at the episode pics and Top 16 bracket, this looks true. Anyone care to correct me on this in case I'm wrong.

Besides that, I would have loved to see May's (full) battle with Saori. What was Drew saying to her after he beat her?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Wow.

Holy karp, it IS him!XD Now where was he during the last Grand Festival?

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quickfire talkback!
    - Iwane = Animation goddess
    - Is Flygon raping Absol? 0_o
    - Tucker flashback - Victory for continuity.
    - Harley’s making a scene.
    - Squirtle KO’s Flygon. Great. But Squirtle gets wailed against the wall by Absol, so it’s not too bad.
    - Water Pulse is the new Iron Tail. Or is it the new Solar Beam? I forget.
    - Another dagger in Torkoal’s coffin!
    - May’s points should be gone now.
    - Ash and Max hugging? IN BED NOW!
    - Is this the first time we’ve heard the vocal Spurt played in an episode?
    - These are different lyrics, I swear. Probably from the full version. Say, a bit off-topic, but isn’t the Spurt CD out now in Japan?
    - Oh snap! Magikarp salesman cameo!
    - Looks like that crappy Giant Slaking filler is no longer a filler.
    - Eww! It’s the stalker! And we’re not even at a Battle Frontier facility! Maybe he’s stalking May now?
    - They’re only showing the tail end of May vs. Saori? THIS is why the GF needed to be 4 parts long.
    - Bigger blowout than Ash vs. Anabel.
    - Everyone’s applauding at the ceremony except Harley, who is simply looking down.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    Well, according to other people on various sites and forums. May and Drew battled in the Top 4 and May and Saori fought in the final match. By looking at the episode pics and Top 16 bracket, this looks true. Anyone care to correct me on this in case I'm wrong.

Besides that, I would have loved to see May's (full) battle with Saori. What was Drew saying to her after he beat her?
    May lost in the Semi Finals. If they were fighting in the Finals itself I think they would have made a bigger deal about it all, d'ya not think?

Either way, May lost in semis, not the final.
    Useful Diamond/Pearl Ice Pokemon Information
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...&postcount=330
    Don't forget to join!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=129074&page=1
    Click To Join

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast