Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Channelling the Battle Zone! (458)

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    What was Drew saying to her after he beat her?
    Don't you mean what did he say after she beat him? He didn't say anything. Just nodded. In the room he complimented her on the battle.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Dose any one know why May was crying because i don't think it was just the lost?

I don't get why they had to have May suddenly burst into tears after losing. She hadn't done that since her second contest loss in Hoenn.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

It's that time of the month again......

Time for random speculation of a new ending soon with the end of the GF!
    We should get a new one soon!

Seen the episode. I wasn't all that thrilled but it was good though.
    One thing that was really stupid was that flygon was in the air and squirtle got on top of it. May told squirtle to use bubble, but then drew ordered absol to hit it with Razor wind but may told combusken to hit his attack with firespin, which he did canceling the attack before it could hit squirtle. Now while all this is happening flygon is just standing there waiting for squirtle to hit it. And it does that then it comes in for a close up ice beam attack, while it was charging at flygon, flygon should've use steel wing/wing attack to knock the turtle to mexico or something. Really stupid, flygon was shown to be just an average pokemon while it is actually alot better then that.

I love combusken but i have to say that Gravy was 100% correct. That they would even make combuskens victory look cheap and they most certainly did. May used about 5 overheat attacks and for some reason the second one did more damage then the first judging from the points. Combusken got hit with a Waterpulse and the damage bar hardly moved. Combusken uses i believe his last over heat which gets sucked up by water pulse and then it crashes onto combusken and yet again very little damage is shown. I don't like that at all, dont get me wrong I love combusken and may and despise drew but one thing i said before was that I want may to beat him normally cuz thats how hes beaten her like 4 times or something. But anyways it was still nice to see Combusken being the last one standing.

haha, I noticed the Magikarp salesmen too. I rofl'd. The battle was absolutely awsome. Btw, what city did the 'Grande Festibol' take place in?

It was at the Indigo Plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    One thing that was really stupid was that flygon was in the air and squirtle got on top of it. May told squirtle to use bubble, but then drew ordered absol to hit it with Razor wind but may told combusken to hit his attack with firespin, which he did canceling the attack before it could hit squirtle. Now while all this is happening flygon is just standing there waiting for squirtle to hit it. And it does that then it comes in for a close up ice beam attack, while it was charging at flygon, flygon should've use steel wing/wing attack to knock the turtle to mexico or something. Really stupid, flygon was shown to be just an average pokemon while it is actually alot better then that.
    Its called, "in the heat of the moment." hmm..

Combusken uses i believe his last over heat which gets sucked up by water pulse and then it crashes onto combusken and yet again very little damage is shown. I don't like that at all, dont get me wrong I love combusken and may and despise drew but one thing i said before was that I want may to beat him normally cuz thats how hes beaten her like 4 times or something.
    I'd say that last Overheat used weakened the power of Water Pulse.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I held out from looking at the pictures, and surfing the forums for spoilers. I expected to be mildly disappointed with the inevitable lack-luster battle.
    But this was really good.
    REALLY good. Gravy totemo HAPPII!

First of all, mucho kudos to Masaki Iwane and the motley animation staff that were put in charge of this episode. The animation was, without a doubt, a major contributing factor to the battle. Usually redundant attacks have never looked so freaking impressive (Combusken's Overheat kicked ass. And that's OVERHEAT I'm talking about), and each an every technique really did look as if it packed a wallop. We're talking pokémon moves that you could just feel the intensity from. Looking at static pictures on a website doesn't do this episode justice at all. If you ever get a chance to watch the battle in action, for the love of god, don't pass it up.

Second, the battle at hand.
    There were one or two instances that could be considered cheap. Which, I'm assuming would include Flygon just floating there like a complete dope, and Combusken's rather spontaneous new attack. But I'm overlooking them. We've seen Ash have far more noticeable plot devices stuffed into pretty much every single Frontier Brain battle he's had this saga. Sceptile pulling Solarbeam from nowhere. Recalling Corphish and sending it out again instantly to rid itself of confusion. Looking past any silly little niggles involved during episode, because it really was that enjoyable. For pretty much the entirety, I was on the edge of my seat. The pacing was wonderful, the action was thrilling, the music was godly and the often intolerable 'talking parts' managed to keep their distance just enough so as not to distract from the eye-candy.
    Honestly, it's stuff like this that makes me glad I sat through all those unbearable fillers of yesteryear.
    The ending to the battle was, imo, perfect. Whilst Haruka did indeed gain the victory, it was only down to her quick thinking and impressive strategies. Absol obviously had a little more strength left in there than Combusken, as it recovered considerably quickly from the Sky Uppercut it received. Combusken meanwhile, struggled to gain it's footing and seemed to be rather exhausted as the timer reached zero. Which tells us a lot about just how strong an opponent Shuu really is. Next time, I'm hoping for a final KO, to determine the strength between the two combatants.
    I expected Shuu to be a little downhearted at his loss, but it was actually pleasantly surprising to see how well he took it. Especially his acknowledgement of Haruka’s prowess.
    And while it may be somewhat irritating that he didn’t get as much closure for the festival as most had hoped, it doesn’t matter. I’m glad they’re saving future interaction between the two characters for the future episode instead of rying to cram everything in here at once.

Third, Aipom. Now, I'm not fond of Aipom's gimmick, but I love the pokémon itself. And, to break up from the fierce battle before-hand, the capture was a nice change of pace. It wasn't too serious, and there wasn't anything on the line. It was just a fun little distraction to wind the episode down. Aipom fought surprisingly well, and it's dance of glee as Pikachu shook off the Focus Punch delived to it's noggin was pretty amusing. If they could make Aipom mischievous in THAT way, instead of just having it steal random garbage, I'll be happy.

-Harley, with the small cameos he had whilst Kamo-chan was occupied, served me that required dose of hilarity. Seeing our flamboyant friend bust an artery over Haruka's slick performance in the match, as well as his occasional fit on the sidelines was great fun.
    BUT WHY WASN’T HIS FRILLY PWETTY HANKIE PINK?!

-Shuu’s battle formation idea was really impressive. Having the two attacks merge into one was great to see, and it really should be utilised a lot more often in double battles.
    Also, Haruka actually learning from a Frontier Brain was a nice touch.

-Absol knocking out Squirtle swifter than cheese to a mouse's mouth made me grin from ear to ear. Granted, they could have made it better. Perhaps a close-up of Squirtles head as Iron Tail made contact, before zooming out to a full body shot of each pokémon. Squirtle would be seen reeling from the Iron Tail in slow motion, before the speed is quickly upped as Squirtle flys across the stadium at speeds a Ninjask could only dream of, before POW! Wall'd. But it was still good

-Combusken's Overheat made Charizard's assault on Articuno look like a crop o' crap. Seriously, I laughed at how it was leagues ahead of the dragon's efforts.

-Haruka luring Shuu into that trap was pure gold. Poor guy expected Haruka to try for one last Overheat, and BAM! The girl chucks in that sweet lookin' Sky Uppercut.

Phew...I'm done!
    Last edited by Gravy; 1st July 2006 at 7:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endgamelikespie
    "sure, May's Eevee, who has had training, beating a pathetic former Gym Leader who never once even entered a contest, neverless, had a real battle since back he was a Gym Leader with a Marshstomp who suddenly evolved out of nowhere, and had little to NO battle experience was wrong, and the plot devices were on May's side (Marshstomp somehow knew Protect..... when it got absolutely NO training or battle experience whatsoever),
    I have no problem with May's victory over Brock, but really Marshstomp DID have some battle experience, just nothing of note, and its normal for a pokemon who has just evolved to be able to use a number of new attacks.

yet, Pikachu and Swellow absorbing tons of volts of electricity that should have KILLED them, then becoming shiny and beating Solrock and Lunatone is "AWESOME!"?!.....
    They didn't exactly absorb it as much as they made a field of energy around them, "armor" as it was put, Pikachu's natural resistance to electricity and Swellow's unique resistance to electricity making this possible.

Besides, it looked damn cool.

if any, would be the writers actually basing things off of the games for once, because they've shown nothing but blatant disregard for the type advantages since the very beginning (Pikachu beating Ground types and such bull****)
    It really makes sense if you think about it. If the attack is strong enough it should be able to overcome even so-called "immunity." The games, by necessity, make attacks and their effects far too absolute. Hence we have Raikou knocking out a Steelix with an Electric attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    I'm going to wait patiently and see what Yamato san has to say about this. Especially since Squirtle didn't take the loss in the final round. I do say that all her other pokemon are just as cheap as Squirtle is. But, has it even lost a battle yet, besides the Scizor match which it won shortly after? Thats pretty sad. Oh well, hopefully we'll only see Munchlax and Combusken next season.
    Actually it lost badly to Flygon in a previous match.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    Flygon is Drews most powerful pokemon, May's Squirtle is a baby, and it doesn't help Squirtles case when you think that most of the contest battles that it's been in, it's been pulling Dues ex wins out of no where, the most horrible one is deffinitely the saffron contest where it beat an Aridos with ONE out of control Ice beam.
    Was it ever actually said that Flygon was Drew's strongest? Even then, its never displayed uber power on par with other dragons, in fact extreme power seems to be curbed a bit in Contests in favor of control and style.

And its debateable that Squirtle is a baby at this point, seems to me that starter pokemon grow or mature quickly.

And actually, as I recall, Squirtle beat Ariados with a Ice Beam, followed by blasting it out with a Bubble and then hitting it with a Tackle, during which Ariados had no ability to defend itself or strike back as it slipped and slid (not that I liked Squirtle's victory either, it was just not as bad as some make it out to be).

Ok so it has an advantage but people you have to remember that the anime and the games are two different things. You also have to take level into account because if you dont then you cant justify Ash's pikachu taking out rock type pokemon using thunder. The same with Grovyle taking out Altaria. Level is important, and no way in hell can any one say that squirtle is at a higher level then Flygon. Im not saying that advantage doesn't matter at all but still Squirtle beating flygon is just plain cheap.
    Except that young pokemon level up faster than older ones (not that Squirtle was near Flygon but it does narrow the gap), and they set up its Ice Beam from the start to be unusually strong. You have to admit, taking an Ice Beam right in the face at point blank range like that would of been enough to make even Lance's Dragonite feel some pain I think. Of course, I know the main contention if Squirtle surviving the battle long enough to deliver that attack, I just like to think it had like 1 HP left in game terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno
    WHAT HAPPEND TO ROSELIA? >> First it takes steriods now it's in a rehab center? Gosh, I want that thing back so bad. :<
    Wasn't it appealing or battling in one of the previous episodes? I could of sworn I saw it...

One thing that was really stupid was that flygon was in the air and squirtle got on top of it. May told squirtle to use bubble, but then drew ordered absol to hit it with Razor wind but may told combusken to hit his attack with firespin, which he did canceling the attack before it could hit squirtle. Now while all this is happening flygon is just standing there waiting for squirtle to hit it. And it does that then it comes in for a close up ice beam attack, while it was charging at flygon, flygon should've use steel wing/wing attack to knock the turtle to mexico or something.
    If you use logic like that in the portrayal of pokemon battles or anime in general than you'll be quite frustrated time and again (I've tried it). You just have to accept that when the scene requires it it will take ages for things to fall or move or an opponent will simply stand there for seemingly forever. Of course, I'm exaggeratting a bit but its amazing the conversations that can occur in split-seconds in anime. ^_^

I love combusken but i have to say that Gravy was 100% correct. That they would even make combuskens victory look cheap and they most certainly did. May used about 5 overheat attacks and for some reason the second one did more damage then the first judging from the points. Combusken got hit with a Waterpulse and the damage bar hardly moved. Combusken uses i believe his last over heat which gets sucked up by water pulse and then it crashes onto combusken and yet again very little damage is shown. I don't like that at all, dont get me wrong I love combusken and may and despise drew but one thing i said before was that I want may to beat him normally cuz thats how hes beaten her like 4 times or something. But anyways it was still nice to see Combusken being the last one standing.
    This is the sorest point for me, as Blaze would have been so much more appropriate, doing most everything Overheat did and being more original. However, as for the attacks, I don't know as I've only seen pictures but it looked like Combusken's heated body from the Overheat use may have negated a lot of damage from the Waterpulse, which could be why it lost so few points. I say this because it looks like its body is steaming after its hit with the Waterpulse.

Regardless of such details though, I'm glad May won by a very narrow margin and there was no knockout.

And believe me, its perfectly reasonable for May to be more upset with this loss than her previous Grand Festival. But more than anything I think it was just a reflection of May's very emotional character, she frequently tears up over Max being in danger and stuff. Not to be sexist but it makes sense that a Grand Festival as heated as this one would have put enough pressure on her to cry a little bit at her quite staggering loss.

Indeed that is a point to make, that being in her loss in the Hoenn festival she did fairly well against Drew, getting in a spectacular hit, while against Saori it seems she was hardly able to do anything, thus the loss hit her worse. Its been true throughout the series that such losses hurt characters more than normal ones.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Don't you people remember that Combusken did a number on Flygon in the Hoenn GF? Not only did it score a direct Sky Uppercut on it, but it also used Fire Spin to completely defend against Flygon's Hyperbeam and Roselia's Solarbeam AT THE SAME TIME. Combusken completely fended off two powerful attacks with only Fire Spin last time.

I'm still inclined to think that Roselia is Drew's strongest Pokemon. May still needs to take that thing down someday.

Aww, that was a pretty good episode. I downloaded it this morning and just got done. I pisses me off that they made May lose again >_>; - if she returns for Shinou she better win, lol. I'm sure she will since she is gonna be in the 9th Movie, making it her 4th AG movie

But yeah, I did notice that - Saori having 3 Ash Pokémon, lol.

I just hope that May continues - I like her alot more now

But I just didnt care that Ash caught an Aipom, I think Aipom is kinda pointless...but that's just me.

Now onto the fillers until Ash battles Brandon - watch, I bet the writers will make him win and then make him lose in Shinou -_-;

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

i can not belive that may defeated drew! i want to see it right now

She cried because she lost. The first GF you could say she came in determined to win but deep down with no expectations to win so losing while disappointing wasn't really a surpise. This GF your expectations would be much higher and with Drew's defeat giving May a huge personal emotional high and confidence boost to be quickly and completely shattered by easily being dispatched by Saori would cause anyone to feel emotionaly drained and dissapointed. You have to remember she's supposed to be a pre teen girl so they tend to get more emotional about things and cry

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    This is the sorest point for me, as Blaze would have been so much more appropriate, doing most everything Overheat did and being more original. However, as for the attacks, I don't know as I've only seen pictures but it looked like Combusken's heated body from the Overheat use may have negated a lot of damage from the Waterpulse, which could be why it lost so few points. I say this because it looks like its body is steaming after its hit with the Waterpulse.
    As you said you've only seen the pictures. She used overheat 5 times, and somehow the second one did more damage then the first, when in reality it gets weaker each turn and this point has been stated several times in the anime. Water Pulse crushed combusken's firespin at first and then nailed it and you saw only a slight of energy drain.
    ALSO TO NOTE: is that Drew told absol to use razor wind and it did striking combusken to the floor, at that moment you saw mays energy drain to the last portion (ex: maybe 7%).
    Right after that Drew ordered water pulse, Combusken used its 5th and final overheat but the water pulse sucked it up and hit combusken head on. Now you would expect combusken to go down but still i know combusken is tough and it could hang on but what i dont understand at that point is that May's energy was stored to the point when she hadn't been hit with the razorwind. What i mean is that if her life was at 7% you would expect for it to fall at 2 or 3% but her life energy was at about 12% or something and it got into 7% AGAIN, that doesn't make sense its like her energy recovered or didn't move at all. And remember she won the match with only alittle more energy then drew. Right there it shows something is wrong. You have to watch the episode yourself to see what i mean.

Also something to note is that at the end of the last episode I believe May had taken alittle damage already. At the start of this episode combusken was hit with razor wind again and it knocked back into squirtle as well. Now remember Drew still has all his energy. Then he ordered flygon to use flamethrower and combusken used fire spin, both attacks hit. Now that is 3 attacks that hit may and one attack that hit drew. And yet right after that Drews energy is less then May's, wtf.

See im not so worried about it learning overheat, i have no problem with the attack. Its just that well the second one doing more damage then the first is dumb. May's energy at the beginning is more then drews while he hit her with more attacks and those attacks put combusken and squirtle on the floor and they were shivering. And ofcourse as i explained on the top the end where her energy automatically recovers or doesn't move at all is just so cheap. Watch the episode for yourself, and you will see.

Finally saw the episode myself, it was very good even though the ending of the ep was a bit rushed.

I'm not too annoyed by Squirtle beating Flygon, it certainly didn't go down as bad as I thought it would. Getting in a close-range bubble and Ice beam, (the latter which is 4x against Flygon) would be enough to do it in. And hey, Absol slams Squritle straight into a wall right after, so it gets its payback.

Combusken Vs. Absol was awesome. And I did enjoy the fact that May won only because of time running out and not by a KO. That way it seems like Drew might have still beaten her if they weren't under a time limit.

Ash capturing Aipom was ok, but couldn't they have just saved that over for the next episode? I would have rathered more time be devoted to May Vs. Saori. What I saw of that battle I liked, but it went by too quickly unfortunately. God damnit, we definitely need at least a 4 episode Grand Festival next time to see each battle fully. I honestly don't know why they didn't do it this time.

And hell, Saori sure was phased out quickly at the end. For a character with so much build up in the first two episodes, we just see her beat May, then hold the Ribbon cup, and then aside from a background shot...she's done! WTF? I would have expected more closure regarding Saori, but they just really pushed her out of the way at the end.

Also surprised that Team Rocket didn't do anything either, although I guess that's a good thing for time reasons.

God, the May crying scene was my favorite part of the episode. Does that make me a sadist? I liked the scene where May waved goodbye to Drew too, glad they didn't try to rush his closure into the end of this episode. I'll look foward to "Rivals forever" in 5 weeks and see where Drew's character goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I don't get why they had to have May suddenly burst into tears after losing. She hadn't done that since her second contest loss in Hoenn.
    Maybe because May came so far this time, then lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Actually it lost badly to Flygon in a previous match.
    I wouldn't really count that as a loss. Rather than getting its a** kicked in an all-out KO, it goes running off the field after one attack (mind if I borrow this Jo-Jo? ^^) like the little ***** that it is.

Anyway, Zenigame KOing Flygon seemed believable to some extent. Flygon did receive its share of damage throughout the match, and there was a huge elemental advantage (don't know if quadruple-damage weaknesses have been confirmed to exist in the anime or not, but a type advantage's there nontheless). However, as was pointed out, it's friggin bulls*** that Flygon's just standing there like a moron. Absol and Wakashamo's attack manage to cancel out that onslaught of Bubbles. Does it take that opportunity to fly out of Zenigame's range? Nope, it just sits there until an Ice Beam comes at it from a mile away, and it still sits there and takes it (I think Wierd Al Yankovic words it best, "like a cow looks at an oncoming train").

Plus, you know, it's f***in' Haruka's Zenigame. I'm not gonna give this little s*** any sort of leeway, lest of all getting a victory against one of Shuu's most powerful Pokemon (or any victory, for that matter). However, I loved seeing Absol friggin' wail on it immediately afterwards, and my dream of seeing the damn thing get its a** kicked for this Grand Festival had been fulfilled. Hell, it didn't get to have a victory pose, neither ^^ (though, seeing it on the "WINNER" screen for the 5th time in the Battle Frontier was annoying, but at least it didn't get to appear again throughout the episode aside from a scene of it eating with Wakashamo).

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    On the plus side, Absol slapped it down like the little b*tch that it is.

7. Why is Squirtle allowed to live?
    Jo-Jo FTF***in'W! ^^

Getting one of my most hateable of hates out of the way, I was let down by Wakashamo learning Overheat. Geez, first Lizardon, now this, are they trying to take away the one thing the poor guy was good for? On the plus side, the writers show that they didn't dump him only to be forgotten. When Satoshi recognizes the attack, he makes a reference to his own Cotoise. The Heath flashback was another nice bit of continuity for this episode, and it's about time we see Haruka taking pointers from Satoshi's gym battles (BTW, did anyone notice Satoshi was doing most of the explaining? Looks like Takeshi's role has further dwindled). Still on continuity, Saori's new additions make her seem like such a nod to Satoshi's former Pokemon, it's kinda creepy. And heh... at first I was afraid Wakashamo was being deus ex in the way it seemed to pull off continual Overheats, but fortunately, Shuu brought up its flaw, and its last usage was just barely enough to help lighten the blow from Water Pulse (though, why use a weakened Overheat? Why not Fire Spin, or that Flamethrower it used in "Deoxys Crisis"? But as I think Gravy mentioned, probably was to lure Shuu into thinking she's purposely abusing the attack).

Other than some of the negative points I already mentioned, lack of Harley (though, his few moments, biting his handkercheif and kinda standing there scowling during the award ceremony, were certainly noteable XD), and the condensing of the Saori battle at the end, and lack of closure with Saori (though, I wouldn't say she was dropped entirely... is it just me, or is she the one who handed Haruka that rose?), it was a pretty great episode. Haruka finally beat Shuu, the Grand Festival didn't end up being a total repeat of last year despite the rival match-ups, Aipom proved its worth in a battle before being caught (though I'll still be p*ssed if it upstages Jukain at all), Haruka moved up to Top Four, and the contest battles for the Grand Festival continue to be well-written (besides that Flygon bit). I also noticed that this episode didn't seem to use much of those damnedable swirly-eyed KOs, if at all (something that all of AG could've used more of). Very worthwhile episode which managed to greatly exceed my expectations from when I first heard the episode title announced.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

See im not so worried about it learning overheat, i have no problem with the attack. Its just that well the second one doing more damage then the first is dumb.
    Combusken fired off that Overheat at point blank range, directly into Absol's face, making it recieve the full force of the attack. Absol blatantly had it's guard down at this point, considering both it and Shuu figured that the prior Flash attack had temporarally blinded Combusken again. Therefore it didn't see that attack coming at all, so it's no surprise that Absol took that third Overheat the way it did.
    You also seem to be overlooking the fact that Absol was able to shake off the flames quite quickly after being engulfed by the them. Shuu even made a note of this right afterwards by explaining how Overheat's power decreases each time it's used.

...and while I'm in the mood for some post editing here;

Jo-Jo, I've got to ask. When exactly did you muster up all this hatred towards Haruka's Squirtle? Before now, I always thought you were either indifferent to it, or just didn't care at all ^^;
    Last edited by Gravy; 1st July 2006 at 11:40 AM.

Did anyone else get all tingly in the battle between Pikachu and
    Aipom? Must have been the Intro theme playing and switching over to
    instrumental when Ash caught Aipom. (Where o where can i download the instrumental theme.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Jo-Jo, I've got to ask. When exactly did you muster up all this hatred towards Haruka's Squirtle? Before now, I always thought you were either indifferent to it, or just didn't care at all ^^;
    Yeah Jo-Jo went at me for always bashing Jessie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    Yeah Jo-Jo went at me for always bashing Jessie.
    That's because you never shut-up about it and bring it into the fray for no real reason what-so-ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    That's because you never shut-up about it and bring it into the fray for no real reason what-so-ever.
    OK, I'm sorry I mentioned that.

Heh, looks like Jo-Jo hopped aboard the Squirtle hate-train as soon as it took down Flygon. She always seemed indifferent to the guy in the past, even defending it on several occasions. Ah well, if this does not finally condemn Squirtle into the fiery pits of hell, I don't know what will.

I will be astonished if Squirtle continues to Shinou however, I'm pretty certain it'll be left behind because it has nothing to advertise next region. And if May left behind prized Pokemon like Beautifly who she started her Contest quest with, why won't Squirtle suffer the same fate?

Anyone notice that Combusken/Munchlax seem to be May's signature Pokemon in the Grand Festival? Not only do Combusken and Munchlax both do appeals, but they're the only one of her Pokemon that get two matches. Little Eevee only gets one little battle, they really must be saving this guy for Shinou as well.

Yeah Eevee was kinda neglected in the Grand Festival. It only got one contest though so I guess it's being sent to the next region with May.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast