Thread: Wondering about buying pokemon cards online

Default Wondering about buying pokemon cards online

I'm a serious pokemon card collector. I'm trying to complete sets of pokemon cards. So I'm looking online at buying single pokemon cards. I'm worried about buying some and getting fake ones.

Where can I buy some single pokemon cards that will be genuine?
    Anyone bought some cards before from a certain website?

I was looking at the site toywiz and I tried to look everywhere for reviews on the product but found nothing and that kind of worried me.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I buy singles from and recommend trollandtoad. I've never heard of anyone getting anything fake from them.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I will try this troll and toad. They seem to be pretty expensive looking at them now. the 'toywiz' site seemed cheaper, but maybe because they are fake. I don't know. I just don't want to take any chances on fake cards.

toywiz and cool stuff inc are generally cheaper then toad n troll, (though I would tend to trust toad n troll and cool stuff inc "more so" just from doing business with them in the past, never a bad transaction). Though I also trust ebay and my large list of recommended shops which are cheaper then all of the above.

I agree singles are better, but it depends on sets, sometimes boxes are cheaper overall especially if your completing sets (phantom forces seems like a singles set, box pulls seemed terrible).
    Last edited by ven?; 28th October 2014 at 6:03 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    toywiz and cool stuff inc are generally cheaper then toad n troll, (though I would tend to trust toad n troll and cool stuff inc "more so" just from doing business with them in the past, never a bad transaction). Though I also trust ebay and my large list of recommended shops which are cheaper then all of the above.

I agree singles are better, but it depends on sets, sometimes boxes are cheaper overall especially if your completing sets (phantom forces seems like a singles set, box pulls seemed terrible).
    All the prices seem pretty much the same now.

I got the singles because I thought if you get those sets in the box that they have a different symbol on the bottom of the card, you know the one that says what set its from. and if you get the box then all the cards have a symbol of what box they came from? I might not be explaining it too good but I'm trying to ask if they have different value. I thought they did.

http://www.pokellector.com/

This website and helpful phone app tends to disagree that some sites offer a lot less then others, though you'll see a bigger difference with rares and uber rares then uncommon and commons.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).