Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1939

Thread: Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    lol First of all *she*
    and yes it's just the regular crappy base set 1st edition Machamp that everyone and their mother has. It turned out the 1 in 1st edition was colored in with a pen that was the exact same color as the black used on the card so it was incredibly hard to see unless you moved it around under a light like I did. I can see pen imprints in it.
    My bad about all that.

@pacack825- I have never seen that or heard of it and I can't find anything online. If anything try going to pokegym which I understand has a great Pokemon card community (or did idk) And idk if it's just me but I can see the e-reader symbols on the left side but it's like they accidentally printed over it.
    There is no symbol. That much, I can confirm.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

@franky_flygon: No I did not, I quoted the regular prices full art is an extra 3 dollars minimum, I have looked on e-bay, here's a list not one terrakion EX is sold for under 10 dollars. Last time I saw this it was worth 17-15 online, If I llok at troll and toad, oh there we go!! Went down 1 cent to 10.99 . Plasma storm is making alot of the older EX's lose some value, the pre-release is gonna be awesome this weekend. when it comes to format cards, this is my religion. If It's under 10 dollars is because someone doesn't know the value of a card.

@Scruffyscrafty/Pacack825: Just as I said, 2CENTS!!!!!

P.S. that's a shame that RH expedition cloyster is worth 7 dollars on e-bay, the miss print might intrigue a fan, if you put an open bid on e-bay you might make see a mighty value.
    Last edited by ven?; 22nd January 2013 at 6:47 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite.

image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    @franky_flygon: No I did not, I quoted the regular prices full art is an extra 3 dollars minimum, I have looked on e-bay, here's a list not one terrakion EX is sold for under 10 dollars. Last time I saw this it was worth 17-15 online, If I llok at troll and toad, oh there we go!! Went down 1 cent to 10.99 . Plasma storm is making alot of the older EX's lose some value, the pre-release is gonna be awesome this weekend. when it comes to format cards, this is my religion. If It's under 10 dollars is because someone doesn't know the value of a card.

@Scruffyscrafty/Pacack825: Just as I said, 2CENTS!!!!!

P.S. that's a shame that RH expedition cloyster is worth 7 dollars on e-bay, the miss print might intrigue a fan, if you put an open bid on e-bay you might make see a mighty value.
    Not selling either of them, but I suspect that they're at least relatively rare, as I can't even find an Italian version of the card anywhere, let alone the misprint version. I can't really find the misprint either, so the rarity/value will only grow.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    Not selling either of them, but I suspect that they're at least relatively rare, as I can't even find an Italian version of the card anywhere, let alone the misprint version. I can't really find the misprint either, so the rarity/value will only grow.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carta-pokemo...item2318ff5e1b

^There's an Italian one on ebay. But it's reverse foil.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carta-pokemo...item2318ff5e1b

^There's an Italian one on ebay. But it's reverse foil.
    I was talking about the cloyster, but it's nice to see that there is another one. Thanks! (mine's in better condition by far, though :P) Am I failing at life not being able to find the cloyster, or is it actually not there?

(P.S. Your name is the best out of all moderators. Ever.)

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

I was talking about the cloyster, but it's nice to see that there is another one. Thanks! (mine's in better condition by far, though :P) Am I failing at life not being able to find the cloyster, or is it actually not there?
    Don't take it personally, I found that closyter RH, English at 6.80 the other day (7 dollars, same thing really), now it's bought. Most cards like that don't come into circulation all that often.
    I claimed magnemite.

image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

Don't take it personally, I found that closyter RH, English at 6.80 the other day (7 dollars, same thing really), now it's bought. Most cards like that don't come into circulation all that often.
    Okay, I'll just hold onto it until the value rises/until I need to sell something terribly.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

@ven?
    Oh, you were looking at the ones "For Sale." That's just what people are asking for the card, not what it is selling for.

I was looking at sold auction prices. Here: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_saca...mplete=1&rt=nc

One sold 2 days ago for $8.50, some are selling for $10. A few sold for $7.

@pacack825
    If you say so... I have never seen nor heard an Italian error card sell before. Just because the card was printed less doesn't make it valuable.

I would list it for auction like ven? suggested. You never know...
    Last edited by Flygon_Frank_66; 23rd January 2013 at 7:56 PM.
    ~~ Thank you epicjirachifan! ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon_Frank_66 View Post
    @pacack825
    If you say so... I have never seen nor heard an Italian error card sell before. Just because the card was printed less doesn't make it valuable.

I would list it for auction like ven? suggested. You never know...
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Can you rephrase that?

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

Oh, you were looking at the ones "For Sale." That's just what people are asking for the card, not what it is selling for.

I was looking at sold auction prices. Here: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_saca...mplete=1&rt=nc

One sold 2 days ago for $8.50, some are selling for $10. A few sold for $7.

So let me get this straight, basically you're not giving people the actual prices of they're cards you're just giving them bs prices of peoples bids, the bid number is never going to be the same as the actual price of the card because it's a made up number people who want to pay for it, when they hit a limit in what they're willing to spend on that item they drop out if they don't they win (hench the whole point of bidding). So in a nut shell it is not it's actual value. Stop telling people BS, and you proved that I was right, thank you.

Edit: When most people ask for the value of they're card they usually want a set dollar value, not a bid number, why because a bid number is not set, it's a fictitious number anyone can sit there and say.
    Last edited by ven?; 24th January 2013 at 5:34 AM.
    I claimed magnemite.

So let me get this straight, basically you're not giving people the actual prices of they're cards you're just giving them bs prices of peoples bids, the bid number is never going to be the same as the actual price of the card because it's a made up number people who want to pay for it, when they hit a limit in what they're willing to spend on that item they drop out if they don't they win (hench the whole point of bidding). So in a nut shell it is not it's actual value. Stop telling people BS, and you proved that I was right, thank you.
    ...he just said the opposite. That's why your prices weren't the same.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

>.> you don't get it, he's telling people the value of they're card based off of the lowest bidding price (which is a fictitious number), not what the card sells for in an online store (a set value of what you're card is worth). In a nut shell he's lieing to people, the point of this thread is to show the value, not what it's fictitiously being sold for, If I wanted to I could sell a 200 dollar deck with a starting bid of 99cents online and probably only get 30 dollars for it, does that mean that that is the value of it no, that means that's how much that person bought it for.
    Last edited by ven?; 24th January 2013 at 5:39 AM.
    I claimed magnemite.

>.> you don't get it, he's telling people the value of they're card based off of the lowest bidding price (which is a fictitious number), not what the card sells for in an online store (a set value of what you're card is worth).
    Um...he was looking at sold listings...

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

Sold listings for fake numbers. he only looks for the bid number, not the sale number.
    I claimed magnemite.

Sold listings for fake numbers. he only looks for the bid number, not the sale number.
    Oh, okay. Then I misunderstood what he was looking at. Sorry for failing at life.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

Am I not wrong to assume that when you post on here you want to see the actual value of you're card not what it's being bid for?

I don't mean to be a prude but I watch alot of storage wars, I see people bid on lockers of stuff to see the value of what they have inside, so hypothetically speaking Barry spends 800 dollars on a locker and finds he's got vintage americain history in there worth over 10,000 dollars, he sells it for 10G's because that's it's value.
    Last edited by ven?; 24th January 2013 at 5:49 AM.
    I claimed magnemite.

Am I not wrong to assume that when you post on here you want to see the actual value of you're card not what it's being bid for?
    Unless it's the final bid, yes. (happy 630th post)

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

lol Thank you.

Franky how much would you consider mewtwo EXs worth be on e-bay?
    I claimed magnemite.

>.> you don't get it, he's telling people the value of they're card based off of the lowest bidding price (which is a fictitious number), not what the card sells for in an online store (a set value of what you're card is worth). In a nut shell he's lieing to people, the point of this thread is to show the value, not what it's fictitiously being sold for, If I wanted to I could sell a 200 dollar deck with a starting bid of 99cents online and probably only get 30 dollars for it, does that mean that that is the value of it no, that means that's how much that person bought it for.
    The average (not lowest) bid price on ebay is generally what people use to determan the value of a card. Set prices on online shops doesn't help at all because they can put the price of cards at whatever they feel the cards is worth whether that's it's actual value or not and just wait until it sells. That isn't good because then those sites are determaning the value of a card just by what they want to sell it for and not any other reason. For example, I still know one online shop that has Dialga G Lv.X for $55. And like how a certain online store (which I won't name) was selling shiny Catchers for $30 when they first came out, then sold out of those and sold them for $60. They then sold all of those and put them up again for $90 and barely sold any. The problem with that was some people starting to value them at $90 because of that site just because they were offering them for $90 while they never actually sold them any higher than $60. The smart people starting to buy and sell them for $60-$70 while others just got stuck with the cards wondering why they couldn't sell them for $90 to anyone.

And you're right that a $200 deck could sell for only $30. Which is why you have to look at the average sold prices from the past month and not just the lowest.
    And everyone here also keeps forgetting that the ended auctions on ebay usually have a $1-$3 shipping charge. So that has to be factored in too.

I don't mean to be a prude but I watch alot of storage wars, I see people bid on lockers of stuff to see the value of what they have inside, so hypothetically speaking Barry spends 800 dollars on a locker and finds he's got vintage americain history in there worth over 10,000 dollars, he sells it for 10G's because that's it's value.
    That theory doesn't really work in this situation because none of them know what's in the locker until after they buy it. I'm sure if you buy random deck boxes full of cards for $10 without looking at the contents then you'll find quote a few worth more than that too.

Random off-topic fact: I was in the background of one of the Storage Wars episodes a few months ago. It was the one where they found the Magic cards.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 24th January 2013 at 3:35 PM.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I value a card based on what it has SOLD for. Not what people are asking.

Anyone can ask $30 for a Terrakion EX nothing wrong with that, but the reality is that every few days one sells for $8+shipping. That's really what the card is valued at.

And you're right that a $200 deck could sell for only $30. Which is why you have to look at the average sold prices from the past month and not just the lowest.
    And everyone here also keeps forgetting that the ended auctions on ebay usually have a $1-$3 shipping charge. So that has to be factored in too.
    Yes, very good point. Shipping is a factor.

@pacack825
    I was saying you can list your card on eBay and it might sell. But I have never seen that error actually sell before. It's hard to value something that is unique.
    Last edited by Flygon_Frank_66; 24th January 2013 at 8:58 PM.
    ~~ Thank you epicjirachifan! ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon_Frank_66 View Post
    @pacack825
    I was saying you can list your card on eBay and it might sell. But I have never seen that error actually sell before. It's hard to value something that is unique.
    That's cool. I don't want to sell it, but still. Uniqueness is awesome.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

I value a card based on what it has SOLD for. Not what people are asking.

Anyone can ask $30 for a Terrakion EX nothing wrong with that, but the reality is that every few days one sells for $8+shipping. That's really what the card is valued at.
    Every few days it's sold for that much when 20 are sold for 10 dollars a day, wow I'll never ask you for prices on my cards ever, I'd get ripped off by you.

That's cool. I don't want to sell it, but still. Uniqueness is awesome.
    Aren't those things the most valuable? Could be the only one in the world, never know.
    Last edited by ven?; 25th January 2013 at 2:50 AM.
    I claimed magnemite.

Hey sorry for asking again. >_<
    I'd like to know how much the Charizard from the Skyridge set is worth. It's reverse foil so i'm not sure since on troll and toad the regular version is 130$ but there's no mention of the reverse foil so i cant tell if its worth a lot less or a bit more. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by BluexMage View Post
    Hey sorry for asking again. >_<
    I'd like to know how much the Charizard from the Skyridge set is worth. It's reverse foil so i'm not sure since on troll and toad the regular version is 130$ but there's no mention of the reverse foil so i cant tell if its worth a lot less or a bit more. >_>
    The reverse foil crystal Pokemon were about twice as easy to get as the regular holo ones. The reverse foil one is about $50 and the holo one is about $80.
    なにがでるかな!?

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    The reverse foil crystal Pokemon were about twice as easy to get as the regular holo ones. The reverse foil one is about $50 and the holo one is about $80.
    Alright thanks. ^^
    Off topic: Are you the SkittyonWailord from gamefaqs?

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast