Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1977

Thread: Official "How Rare/How Much Is My Card Worth" Thread

I started looking through my cards to see if I have anything worth selling since I might be giving my entire collection to my younger cousin. So I might be here for awhile xD

Anyway I have a 1st edition Machamp from 1995, 96, 98 but the 1 in the 1st edition icon is blacked out so you can't see the 1. I can't find any info on this card online. I can only find info on regular 1st ed Machamp's, I also have one of those but they seem relatively cheap. Can anyone give me some info?

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    I started looking through my cards to see if I have anything worth selling since I might be giving my entire collection to my younger cousin. So I might be here for awhile xD

Anyway I have a 1st edition Machamp from 1995, 96, 98 but the 1 in the 1st edition icon is blacked out so you can't see the 1. I can't find any info on this card online. I can only find info on regular 1st ed Machamp's, I also have one of those but they seem relatively cheap. Can anyone give me some info?
    I'd buy it, tbh. That's a nice sounding card. Value depends on condition, however. What kind of shape is it in?

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    I'd buy it, tbh. That's a nice sounding card. Value depends on condition, however. What kind of shape is it in?
    It's in good condition with an exception of a few small scratches that show the holo underneath.
    I still can't find any info on this card

Here's the picture of the weird Machamp card
    http://i.imgur.com/ejJxl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    Here's the picture of the weird Machamp card
    http://i.imgur.com/ejJxl.jpg
    I have never seen anything like this before...and I help a shop owner identify error cards. That's a nice card, but I have no clue what it'd go for.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Oh wait...I just talked to my friend and he said to make sure its not colored in...its colored in so nvm...worthless

I have a question about my own card now. An Italian Expedition Base Set Larvitar 116/165 that has an error that has not been documented anywhere that I can find. It was obtained by a friend and given to me after he lost interest in Pokemon cards. He lived in/went on vacation to Italy for a short time and he bought the card there, so I know it's not a faked card. It's odd error is that it does not have the dot-code or E-Reader symbol on it at all. It's in practically mint condition, with no imperfections that I can see at all. It was opened and then put into a protective case like he did with all of his cards. Does anyone have any idea what this card is worth or if any errors like it have been reported before? I did an extensive search to no avail, and I can confirm that the typical Italian e-reader larvitar does, in fact have the markings.

Pictures (is in a plastic protective case):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/1000639gl.jpg/ This shows the full card, I apologize for the slight blurriness, but I can confirm that it has no scratches or imperfections visible.
    and here shows close-up the missing E-Reader symbol: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/1000648j.jpg/

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

Vaporeon* Mint condition from EX Power Keepers
    Hitmonchan ex from EX Ruby & Sapphire. Holographic Ereader Symbol, no code. Mint condition
    Mewtwo and Arcanine from the Base Set (let's just price it as if they were mint, lol, not in the best of shape)
    Lt. Surge's Magneton from Gym Heroes (holographic)
    Energy Retrieval from the Base Set
    Dark Ursarang, Light Dewgong, and Dark Gengar (holographic) from Neo Destiny
    Dark Charmeleon and Dark Vaporeon from Team Rocket
    Gold-Holo Deoxys from EX Holon Phantoms
    Team Magma's Aggron from EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
    Pikachu from Jungle
    Holo Dialga w/ Adamant Orb- Diamond & Pearl: Majestic Dawns
    Shining Celebi- Neo Destiny
    Charizard and Combusken- EX Crystal Guardians
    Raichu- Heartgold & Soulsilver
    Gold Holofoil Gorebyss- EX Legend Maker
    Ho-oh- EX Unseen Forces
    Charizard and Delcatty- EX Power Keepers
    Venusaur- Platinum- Supreme Victors

All of these cards are special to me, along with many others as I've piled a collection throughout the years. Let me know if these are worth anything, and sorry for the long post :P

Scruffyscrafty@ From what I've been recently learning, you're machamp might not be worthless at all, it's a miss print card, so it might be worth quite a few Doubloons.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Scruffyscrafty@ From what I've been recently learning, you're machamp might not be worthless at all, it's a miss print card, so it might be worth quite a few Doubloons.
    He said that it was colored in after he examined it more.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

I know what he said but please view the card, the set marker does not have a 1 or 2 inside of it, since they only made first edition of this particular card, as far as I know, because it was a promo you got from something idk what then why is there no marker for it? The colour of the card tells me its a common, the miss print tells me that it might be worth something to people.

edit: I had to do this, because in truth I do alot of format trading, some people work by toad n troll, alot by e-bay, me by bebes, so note bellow
    Franky_flygon66@ no way in hell Terrakion EX is worth 5 bucks when it's being sold for 10-30 dollars on e-bay, 17 on bebes and toad n troll wants 11.
    Last edited by ven?; 18th January 2013 at 6:14 PM.

I know what he said but please view the card, the set marker does not have a 1 or 2 inside of it, since they only made first edition of this particular card, as far as I know, because it was a promo you got from something idk what then why is there no marker for it? The colour of the card tells me its a common, the miss print tells me that it might be worth something to people.

edit: I had to do this, because in truth I do alot of format trading, some people work by toad n troll, alot by e-bay, me by bebes, so note bellow
    Franky_flygon66@ no way in hell Terrakion EX is worth 5 bucks when it's being sold for 10-30 dollars on e-bay, 17 on bebes and toad n troll wants 11.
    I did view the card. The set is the base set, which had no symbol for it in particular, and the first edition symbol he specifically said was colored in. It's just base set, not a misprint...am I misunderstanding what you're saying?
    Last edited by pacack825; 18th January 2013 at 6:53 PM. Reason: typo

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    From the looks of what others selling cards like this one are, around 10 bucks... Holofoil wasn't removed from shadowless, just so you know, but the shadowless part does increase value a bit.
    Thanks, I'm going to keep it, maybe its price will rise over the years.

STEEL TYPE FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by toastybatch565 View Post
    Thanks, I'm going to keep it, maybe its price will rise over the years.
    That'd be best.

I have a question about my own card now. An Italian Expedition Base Set Larvitar 116/165 that has an error that has not been documented anywhere that I can find. It was obtained by a friend and given to me after he lost interest in Pokemon cards. He lived in/went on vacation to Italy for a short time and he bought the card there, so I know it's not a faked card. It's odd error is that it does not have the dot-code or E-Reader symbol on it at all. It's in practically mint condition, with no imperfections that I can see at all. It was opened and then put into a protective case like he did with all of his cards. Does anyone have any idea what this card is worth or if any errors like it have been reported before? I did an extensive search to no avail, and I can confirm that the typical Italian e-reader larvitar does, in fact have the markings.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/1000639gl.jpg/ This shows the full card, I apologize for the slight blurriness, but I can confirm that it has no scratches or imperfections visible.
    and here shows close-up the missing E-Reader symbol: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/1000648j.jpg/
    Anyone want to help me on this?

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

I don't know if anyone saw my last post on here.

Lugia secret rare shiny from call of legends
    Terrakion FA EX Boundaries crossed

Both are in MINT condition.
    Black: 3482-2112-2585
    Soul Silver:4297 5993 0464
    Platinum:2965 4525 0763
    My shiny pokemon:
    Encountered in FR as a Geodude
    Encountered in Diamond as a Lv.4 Shinx

I claim Latias

I HOPE THERES A MEGA LATIAS!

Quote Originally Posted by latiamy View Post
    I don't know if anyone saw my last post on here.

Lugia secret rare shiny from call of legends
    Terrakion FA EX Boundaries crossed

Both are in MINT condition.
    Lugia is $15-$25, around $22 is what I'd sell it for.
    Terrakion is $18-$26, I'd sell for about the same price as Lugia.
    (note: cheapest terrakion sold for is ~$19, most is ~$29, so maybe higher for it than lugia.)
    If my info is wrong, to anyone else in this thread, please correct me.
    Last edited by pacack825; 20th January 2013 at 7:34 AM.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

I did view the card. The set is the base set, which had no symbol for it in particular, and the first edition symbol he specifically said was colored in. It's just base set, not a misprint...am I misunderstanding what you're saying?
    Yes that may be, but it's not like pokemon released a set with black dots that said edition, they did put numbers in, if he was saying a dark dot was coloured in (black is not a colour though) then that tells me it's a miss print because it has to state the set number. But this particular machamp was not apart of the base set series and was given away as a promo card hench the striking arms in the background (magazine, videogame, ect), point is cards without set symbol edition numbers are miss prints.

Anyone want to help me on this?
    Yes, So the thing is this, I think if anyone has invested enough time into expedition (mwhahaha, 1000$ myself) that set in particular you will get at least 1 card without an e-card reader symbol, the one thing that I loved about the e-card reader sets was that the e-card symbol was added to the card separately after the printing process was done because it was also added in with the e-card reader junk, its a miss print, I don't know how much that particular card is worth, you could start a bid at 99 cents and see its value rise It might get 30 or 40 but I'm not certain so don't hold me to it.
    Last edited by ven?; 20th January 2013 at 3:24 PM.

Yes that may be, but it's not like pokemon released a set with black dots that said edition, they did put numbers in, if he was saying a dark dot was coloured in (black is not a colour though) then that tells me it's a miss print because it has to state the set number. But this particular machamp was not apart of the base set series and was given away as a promo card hench the striking arms in the background (magazine, videogame, ect), point is cards without set symbol edition numbers are miss prints.

Yes, So the thing is this, I think if anyone has invested enough time into expedition (mwhahaha, 1000$ myself) that set in particular you will get at least 1 card without an e-card reader symbol, the one thing that I loved about the e-card reader sets was that the e-card symbol was added to the card separately after the printing process was done because it was also added in with the e-card reader junk, its a miss print, I don't know how much that particular card is worth, you could start a bid at 99 cents and see its value rise It might get 30 or 40 but I'm not certain so don't hold me to it.
    A: I didn't catch that, but, from what I understand, he meant colored in with marker/pencil or something, so that really kills value.
    B: Italian should increase value some, too, no? Italian cards are relatively hard to find. Also, I recently found out that, from the same set/pack he also got a rare reverse holo cloyster without the e-symbol or the dot code (which I have now) in so close to mint condition that it's not funny. That would be more being a star holo and with that misprint...so the card is relatively rare, right? I just want a price on it so I can determine its value, I'm not selling either, but still. Just to clarify, if x/y amount of cards are this error, what would the odds be?

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

A: I didn't catch that, but, from what I understand, he meant colored in with marker/pencil or something, so that really kills value.
    2 cents if that happened, priceless if that didn't.

B: Italian should increase value some, too, no? Italian cards are relatively hard to find. Also, I recently found out that, from the same set/pack he also got a rare reverse holo cloyster without the e-symbol or the dot code (which I have now) in so close to mint condition that it's not funny. That would be more being a star holo and with that misprint...so the card is relatively rare, right? I just want a price on it so I can determine its value, I'm not selling either, but still. Just to clarify, if x/y amount of cards are this error, what would the odds be?
    Know what the funnest thing is, since people think that foreign cards are worth more comparatively, some are, they'll sell it for a little bit more (but It looks like the same value give or take a couple cents here or there). holo cloyster without e-card reader symbol and reverse, now that's worth something. Here's the kicker regular closter RH sells for about 3-7 maybe 8 or 9 dollars best on e-bay, the fact of a miss print might bump it up an extra 5+ dollars but Idk, I haven't seen one so it is probably worth more like 20, who knows.
    Last edited by ven?; 21st January 2013 at 5:26 AM.

2 cents if that happened, priceless if that didn't.

Know what the funnest thing is, since people think that foreign cards are worth more comparatively, some are, they'll sell it for a little bit more (but It looks like the same value give or take a couple cents here or there). holo cloyster without e-card reader symbol and reverse, now that's worth something. Here's the kicker regular closter RH sells for about 3-7 maybe 8 or 9 dollars best on e-bay, the fact of a miss print might bump it up an extra 5+ dollars but Idk, I haven't seen one so it is probably worth more like 20, who knows.
    I just found it odd that I could not find the error anywhere online. The thing is, though, Italian cards ARE worth more, I just don't know how much, exactly. Italian cards are printed much less often than english cards because far less people buy pokemon cards in Italy as opposed to in America or Japan.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

From what I've seen and compared base set, expedition, jungle and so on, are about 50 cents to and maybe a dollar more, but then if I look long enough the prices seem to match. Oh I do realize that italy is not the most common place in the world to find pokemon cards but I'm just going off of what I see on e-bay.

From what I've seen and compared base set, expedition, jungle and so on, are about 50 cents to and maybe a dollar more, but then if I look long enough the prices seem to match. Oh I do realize that italy is not the most common place in the world to find pokemon cards but I'm just going off of what I see on e-bay.
    I've tried finding either of the errors in italian (or in general) for those cards online and failed. Did I just fail at life?

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

@latiamy
    Sorry for the late reply... The Full Art Terrakion is more desirable & valuable then the regular version.

@ScruffyScrafty
    Are you saying that it was filled in with a Sharpie??

@ven?
    I was assuming the Terrakion EX was not full art. They are bringing $8 on eBay. You quoted the full art prices.

@pacack825
    I see the e-reader symbol is missing, but probably no extra value. English or Japanese error cards are the only ones that sell.
    Last edited by Flygon_Frank_66; 22nd January 2013 at 2:26 AM.
    ~~ Thank you epicjirachifan! ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon_Frank_66 View Post
    @latiamy
    Sorry for the late reply... The Full Art Terrakion is more desirable & valuable then the regular version.

@ScruffyScrafty
    Are you saying that it was filled in with a Sharpie??

@ven?
    I was assuming the Terrakion EX was not full art. They are bringing $8 on eBay. You quoted the full art prices.

@pacack825
    I see the e-reader symbol is missing, but probably no extra value. English or Japanese error cards are the only ones that sell.
    You're kidding, right? Italian cards, being printed less often, should make the error cards more valuable.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

lol First of all *she*
    and yes it's just the regular crappy base set 1st edition Machamp that everyone and their mother has. It turned out the 1 in 1st edition was colored in with a pen that was the exact same color as the black used on the card so it was incredibly hard to see unless you moved it around under a light like I did. I can see pen imprints in it.
    My bad about all that.

@pacack825- I have never seen that or heard of it and I can't find anything online. If anything try going to pokegym which I understand has a great Pokemon card community (or did idk) And idk if it's just me but I can see the e-reader symbols on the left side but it's like they accidentally printed over it.

Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast