Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love doesn't come in threes (Advanceshipping, Contestshipping AND Pokeshipping!)

Default Love doesn't come in threes (Advanceshipping, Contestshipping AND Pokeshipping!)

EDIT: WARNING, R Rated Fic (this is the final decision, as I've decided on latter content only just now)

This is my first time writing a fic. I would say go easy on me, but then I won't be able to improve myself, will I? Criticism accepted as well as compliments.

Now, since about eight years old I was always known for making the most complex and interesting of stories just from the top of my head. When puberty finally kicked in, these mainly became love oriented. And since I came on this forum, they have also become Pokemon oriented. So I thought, why not write a fic?

So, here we go. If it's a good start, I will continue to write. But if I remain poor, I will slunk away into nothingness and die. Hey, it's worth a try

---

Prelude

The rain was falling down heavily from the dull, grey clouds above. One large raindrop stood out from the rest of its falling roommates. It soared down from the skies, falling ever closer to the ground below. Eventually it hit the ground with a large impact, sending water scattering along the grass around it. A bird in a bush nearby took off and flew into the distance in hope of escaping the dismal feelings of the sky above.

A Rattata leaped out of the wood nearby. It eyed the area around it: a rather empty forest, of which many trees had met their end to a woodcutter. Rain was pouring down and dampening the grass around it. The small rat Pokemon attempted a run but it slipped on the wet mud and fell flat on its face. Licking off what mud it could from its purple skin, it got back to its feet and scampered off into the more populated area of the wood.

Hearing a large, fast approaching sound, the purple Pokemon leaped into a nearby rabbit hole to hide. Its small eyes peering out of the top, it could hear a sound it often heard when it was Pokemon trainer season – a fast approaching trainer. Attempting to avoid capture, it quickly ducked its head so as to not attract attention.

However, the trainer herself was too distraught to notice the small rat-like Pokemon. Too distraught to even notice a stuck out tree root in front of her path. Stumbling over it, she merely kept on running. She was holding her face in despair, and tears were welling her eyes. If an extremely poetic writer were to view her current situation, they would probably state that the tears that fell from her eyes would amount to half of the rain pouring down to the ground.

The trainer in question was, in fact, not a trainer, but a co-ordinator. Her attire was mostly red and white. Her top was covered in such colours, the rain having no dampening effect on the clothing whatsoever. A small skirt covered the top part of her strong willed legs, being that despite her current broken down situation, her legs would remain strong enough to carry her to the ends of the world to leave her shameful past out of her life. Along the exposed parts of her legs, scratches covered the surface due to the brambles she had previously run through. But feelings triumphed over pain in this particular case. Her final piece of noticeable attire was the bandana that was tied around her head. Like the rest of her attire, it was also red and white, and it was weakly attached to her head.

As she continued to run, the wind picked up. The force of it pushed against the sobbing teen but that wasn’t enough to stop her. She would keep running, no matter where to and no matter how far. Her weakly tied bandana was forced off her hair, and blew backwards in the fierce weather conditions. But she didn’t stop. Instead, her soft, brown hair was allowed to blow violently in the wind.

Reaching a dead end, the co-ordinator noticed the area was rather isolated, and spooky – it could easily fall victim to an attack by ghost Pokemon. But, in her mind, this would be more secure than her world that she had built up so much and destroyed at the click of her fingers. Noticing an alone tree stump, she decided now she could attempt to regain her composure, despite the fact that deep down, she knew that she couldn’t. It was an impossible feat.

Sitting down on the stump, she sobbed into her hands. Thinking of the events of the past few weeks, she had realised she had put her desires over the desires of others. Her mother had always told her as a child that if she would stop being so selfish, she wouldn’t have any friends when she was older. And, despite the young co-ordinator originally shunning the idea, now that she had come of age the words had finally come back to haunt her.

If only, she thought to herself, she could have someone to rely on, as she always had done in every bad situation she was stuck in, whether it was friends, family, or both. But it was not to be. She had betrayed everyone she ever knew. It was all over. At this stage, all she could do was beg him for forgiveness, for her to have another chance.

He will never forgive me for what I’ve done, she sadly thought to herself, Ash will never forgive me.

---

If it's a good start, then great. If not, I've wasted a lot of time.

P.S. The chapters will be longer, that was just the prelude, is all.

EDIT: Sorry about not including a rating earlier, I was still pondering over it.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 6th July 2006 at 9:32 PM.

Proper rating. Add. Now. >>
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

A very good introduction was brought in, and you explaind the scenary well that i can see it in my head. So no critisim will be brought here . great story, PM me when you post the next chapter XD
    Ya Mays comeing back for a small camo

Nice story! ^_^ It was very descriptive, and shows me the idea of what it was. And Haruka did something wrong to Satoshi? I hope they reconcile! ^_^

And I hope this story turns out to be Pokeshipping and Contestshipping... >=D

~Cecilia~
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

I appreciate the nice comments you have both given me. I don't even care if this fic will only please a few people, it will still make some sort of difference.

And for those light headed fans out there, many of the upcoming chapters will be part of one huge flashback.

---
    Chapter 1: Once Upon a Grand Festival

The sound that was being built up above the waiting corridor was immense, like an avalanche had just been caused. And that was when the crowd hadn’t even seen the participants in action yet. The vibrations caused by the thunderous applause was shaking through her as she sat nervously down on the only wooden bench available, waiting for her most important match in the Grand Festival. This is what her life had been building up to.

Her name was May Maple. She had only just turned sixteen about a month ago and ever since she was ten years old the majestic sight of contests had called out to her and lured her in. Participating in four Grand Festivals prior to this day. Her first one took place in the Hoenn region, in which she came in the top eight. Then followed the Kanto region, where she came in the top four, as she also went on to do in the Shinou region. More recently, she had lost in the final of the Yamata Grand Festival, in which she assured herself she would win the next one. And today might just be the day that, in the Lontay Grand Festival, she would finally fulfil her lifelong dream of winning the coveted Ribbon Cup.

Mixed emotions were going through her brain at that current point in time. For one, she was very eager to get out onto that stage and perform to her fullest capabilities so that she could finally grasp the near-holiness that was the Ribbon Cup. However, as would have been expected of just about anyone, an extreme wave of nervousness was pumping through her body, which would attempt to halt May’s progress in the final. But, during her travelling, May had learned to erase her feelings in order to focus on the task at hand. Most of the times this had worked, but May would always fail at the final hurdle. Not anymore. This was going to be the time where May would triumph.

The co-ordinator jumped off her seat when she heard the announcer voice ‘Welcome to the Final of the Lontay Grand Festival!’ After calming down, she heard the announcer continue ‘what a final we have in store with you all today! Two participants who couldn’t be more aggressive towards each other! So let’s try not to keep their feuding at bay for much longer! I will soon be proud to welcome two competent battlers into the arena, one of which will go home in despair, but one who will triumph and become awarded the Ribbon Cup! So let the battle begin!’

May started to shake as the applause once again reared back into full force. She had been through this situation so many times before, but none so much as this. This time she was going into the arena with a new objective on her mind – not to try her best, but to win and accomplish her goal.

‘On the left side of the arena, we have someone who’s gotten to the quarter finals in every single one of her Grand Festivals but has never won it. Maybe today she can prove everybody wrong! Please can May Maple enter the arena and ready herself for the final!’

This was it. May slowly rose to her feet. Proceeding ever closer towards the arena, she could feel her heart beating. Eventually her slow progress ended when she walked out onto the arena, and the applause picked up once again. Looking around, May was slightly reassured by the fact that many people in this audience were backing her all the way. She was especially looking for one person in particular, one who had meant so much to her in her six years of travelling, but she could not locate him.

May walked up the steps in front of her onto her podium. Grasping the front rail of it tightly, she awaited her opponent, someone she had known so long that it almost seemed fitting to have these two battling, in order to produce a climatic result.

‘And on the right side of the arena,’ the announcer continued ‘we have what most people would have called a cheater back in the day, but he proved everyone wrong by winning his last Grand Festival! Let’s allow the competitors to reunite once again! Please can Harley Robinson enter the arena and ready himself for the final!’

May eyed the tunnel opposite her podium, and the audience applauded with its usual force when Harley entered the stage. Harley was a long-term rival of May’s, however since they had first met they had both grown. Harley now looked more serious than he had ever done before, with his hat casting a small shadow over his face making it hard to see his facial features whilst he looked down. However, even though he was looking down at this current time, May could see his emotions quite clearly – he wanted to win two festivals in a row, and he would be more than delighted to end one of his most hated enemies’ career to get it. Harley eventually approached his podium and proceeded to walk up the stairs onto it. Grasping his hands on the rail in front of him in a similar fashion to May, emotions were running high.

‘These two need no more introduction,’ the announcer blared ‘we have seen enough of them to judge their abilities. But what we don’t know yet is who will triumph.’ He then paused before shouting ‘Well, now we shall find out! Let the final begin!’

The audience once again rose in volume, as the eagerly anticipated match between the two competitors had finally begun. May and Harley both took two Pokeballs from their belt, and threw them with force, the Pokeballs cutting through the air as they travelled.

‘Go, Corstump and Hydrus!’ Harley cried out.

‘Go, Delcatty and Reganesque!’ May cried with a similar tone of voice to Harley.

The Pokeballs hit the ground and opened to reveal the beings that lived within the electronic devices. To Harley’s left side his Corstump stood proud – a Pokemon natively found in the Yamata region, or the ‘fifth generation of Pokemon’ as many renowned professors named it. It looked similar in appearance to a Rhydon, only its horn was replaced with a rather large mallet looking object, and its whole body was coloured in the same shade of grey. It stood on its two legs confident and tall.

To Harley’s right side his Hydrus stretched its heads. Hydrus usually made their homes in the Lontay region, or the ‘sixth generation of Pokemon’. It was exactly as its name described it – similar to a Hydra, it was a large serpent coloured a dark shade of purple, and its body stopped two thirds the way up its body to give way to three necks, of which three heads stood tall on top. Each head showed a different expression – the left of viciousness, the right of eagerness, and the middle one of pure evil.

On the other side of the field, May’s two Pokemon were prepared. On May’s left side stood her Delcatty. Originally captured as a Skitty, it had wanted vigorous contest training on May’s return to her home. Taking it back under her wing, she had trained it to the extreme only to find it lacked in power. Skitty fulfilled its dream of being a Delcatty after wandering off and finding a stray Moon Stone. Now Delcatty was one of May’s most potent battlers.

Finally, hovering over the air to the right of May was her Reganesque. On first glance, it looked like an oversized dragonfly with six wings. However, on close observation, it was clear to see that this sixth generation Pokemon boasted a body coloured with all the colours of the rainbow, and on the tips of each of its wings was a small shoot, in which it would shoot small fireballs out of. Definitely a bug not to be messed with.

And so the match had opened itself to all opportunities.

‘Delcatty!’ May commanded first from her catlike Pokemon ‘Blizzard!’

Delcatty responded with a large storm of ice spraying from its mouth. Having not been ordered a designated target, it decided to view its type advantages and aimed its power attack at the large Corstump. The force of the attack caused massive impact on the pure ground type, knocking it backwards and sending it sliding along the floor. But the match was far from over.

‘Hydrus!’ ordered Harley ‘Rock Throw!’

To this, the large serpent used its tail to dig out clumps of the ground and roll them into small rock-like balls. It then launched them at Delcatty and Reganesque.

‘Quickly, you two! Dodge them!’

Attempting to successfully follow their trainer’s command, Delcatty leaped out of the way to avoid the rocks. However, Reganesque was not so lucky and met its fate with a rock smashing right into it. As it struck the ground with the rock pinning Reganesque’s wing to the ground, May observed her bar on screen going down. She needed to make a move to get out of this sticky situation.

‘Reganesque!’ she shouted, now with a slight hint of nervousness in her voice ‘Steel Wing!’

The dragonfly Pokemon’s wing grew grey in colour, and soon enough its wing strength was tough enough to lift the rock off its wing. It then flew straight at Hydrus with its wing aimed precisely at its target.

‘Hydrus!’ Harley bellowed ‘Counter it with Iron Tail!’

The serpent’s tail grew a similar colour to the Steel Wing and it flung its tail forward. The tail and the wing clashed, sending a metallic noise ringing throughout the arena.

‘Delcatty! Help it out with an Assist!’

Delcatty began to perform an Assist, and then opened its mouth. Fireballs shot out of it and aimed at Hydrus’ tail – this was a Fire Pellet attack, of which Reganesque used quite often, firing small balls of fire out of its shoots on its wings at its target in succession. Whilst Delcatty’s version wasn’t as graceful, it did what May wanted, and smashed into its tail, causing Hydrus to wince in pain. Hydrus looked down at its tail to find it had been burnt.

Harley started to panic, and looked to see his Corstump was just getting to its feet. ‘Corstump, Mallet Smash! Now!’

Corstump was definitely in need of recovering energy, but nonetheless it performed its order and smashed its hammerhead into Delcatty, sending it flying backwards into May’s podium. May, and the rest of the audience, gasped in shock as Delcatty struck the podium with a large, echoing impact.

‘Delcatty!’ May screamed. But Harley, seeing his advantage, merely ordered his Corstump to swipe at Reganesque, sending it flying backwards into the podium, right next to Delcatty.

In a tough situation, May was on the brink of a nervous breakdown. But she reassured herself that she couldn’t just give up now. The scenario was looking more hopeless with every passing second, though. It was surely all over.

Until she heard a voice calling from the crowd.

Turning back quickly, she saw who she had wanted to see cheer her on at this stadium all this time. It was a nineteen-year-old male, sporting a blue jacket and wearing what May recognised as his trademark baseball cap. And if that wasn’t trademark enough, a cheering Pikachu was frantically applauding May on top of the cap, mimicking its trainer below it. It was Ash Ketchum.

May suddenly realised that she had someone to back her. She couldn’t just give up now, not like this. She would fight back with every ounce of her strength, even if it would mean the end for her. She observed her points bar, and saw it was decreasing every second. It was now or never.

‘Delcatty, Blizzard! Reganesque, Fire Pellet!’ May commanded her Pokemon.

Her Pokemon were badly beaten, but after all of these years of training under her command, they reflected on the moments that their trainer had been there for them, to help them out when all seemed lost for them, and to aid them in gaining strength and becoming able to show their true techniques. Rising back into action, both Pokemon simultaneously prepared their attacks and launched them at Corstump and Hydrus. It was now Harley’s turn to panic.

‘No!’ he bellowed in an almost triumphant tone ‘I won’t lose now! Not after getting this far! Corstump, Earthquake! Hydrus, Solarbeam!’

Corstump and Hydrus, having similar feeling for their trainer as Delcatty and Reganesque had for May, obeyed Harley’s command and quickly launched their counter attacks. It was an accident waiting to happen. Four different assaults of Ice, Fire, Ground and Grass were streaming towards the centre of the arena. The audience, including Ash, were leaning on the edge of their seats, and Pikachu on the edge of Ash’s cap. It was going to happen any second now.

The attacks collided, and a large explosion ensued, engulfing the arena…
    ---

In case you were wondering, this is about six years in the future from the present day. Just saying that to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 6th July 2006 at 9:08 PM.

Whoa. Just... whoa. Reganesque sounds cool. I haven't noticed any mistakes. The part where Haruka noticed Satoshi in the crowd and realized that someone was backing her up and she came back strongly, that was good. (Confusing sentence...) Anyways, good description, you're very good at portraying the emotions of the characters. Good job! If there's a PM list, please add me!

~!Mudkip Kitteh!~

Despite the lack of reviews, I'm not letting this chapter 2 go to waste.

---

Chapter 2: A First Time Dinner

The explosion had shaken the whole stadium. May could not see any of her surroundings due to the fact that the explosion had thrown dust in her eyes, and that she couldn’t rub them as she needed to keep hold of her podium, otherwise she would be thrown backwards. Everyone in the stadium closed their eyes, not knowing the result of the attack.

May finally opened her eyes, as did Harley and the audience. She knew that what she would see determined her fate in this Grand Festival – if one of her Pokemon remained, she had won, but if one of Harley’s remained, it was all over and May’s dreams were shattered for the second time at this stage. It was time to view the situation.

May rubbed her eyes and then looked around the arena in order to quickly summarise what had happened in a few seconds, but what would seem like an eternity.

She saw Corstump lying unconscious on the floor in the distance. That was one good thing. However, she then saw her Delcatty not a far distance from it, fainted. May jumped in shock and fright that her Pokemon had fainted. Not only would Delcatty need lots of treatment at the Pokemon Centre after this, but also it may be the difference between a win and a loss.

Continuing to observe the arena, she saw Hydrus remaining on its feet. May jumped in fright once again, and the audience gasped that it was still standing. However, Hydrus soon fell to the floor, fainted.

The question now remained. Where was Reganesque?

That’s when May heard a buzzing over her head, and she looked up to see Reganesque flying gracefully in the air! May instantly broke into a smile and the audience, from their near-silent state a few seconds ago, were now in full uproar. Harley had frozen in disbelief that he, like May, had come to this final to fulfil a dream, and unfortunately for Harley, that dream had now shattered into pieces right in front of his eyes.

Reganesque quickly flitted down to May, and May could see the joy and happiness in the Pokemon’s face. At this sight, May burst into hears of happiness and hugged her trustworthy Pokemon very tight. Nothing else mattered at this point in time. She had won the Grand Festival. It was to be the happiest moment of her life. Finally letting Reganesque go, it flew around the arena, sprinkling dust everywhere. The audience gasped in awe that Reganesque had the energy to carry on and perform a display not of selfishness, but of victory.

May turned back to the arena and was surprised to see Harley charging towards May’s podium! Before he could reach it, however, two security guards arrived on the field and blocked his way. He ran straight into them, and they dragged him away by the arms.

‘NO! YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!’ Harley shouted ‘I WANT VENGEANCE!’

‘Oh, c’mon’ one of the guards said ‘no need to be a sore loser,’

‘SORE LOSER!? SHE CHEATED! YOU CAN’T DENY IT! LOOK AT HER FACE! SHE…’

May ignored the comments, as she had grown used to them throughout her past six years. She instead admired her Reganesque, who was still flying joyfully around the stadium.

‘And the winner, through the basic tactic of flight,’ the announcer boomed ‘is May Maple!’

The audience erupted into an even louder applause as May waved out to the audience. Now that this ordeal was over, she didn’t need to focus. Her feelings were now being expressed. Feelings of joy and happiness. And she loved it.

An hour later, the closing ceremony had just come to a close. May triumphantly walked off the stage to the audience’s support. Holding her reward, the ribbon cup, up high, she shouted out ‘Thank you! Thank you!’ to her supporters. Her voice wasn’t powerful enough to be heard by much of the audience, but she didn’t care. She had won the Grand Festival. The Grand Festival. It had seemed impossible when she first took up the task, but she had proved her past self wrong.

Proceeding back into the tunnel of which she entered the arena, she was greeted by someone very special to her.

‘Ash!’

Upon seeing him smiling at her, she ran at him with arms outstretched. She leapt onto him and wrapped her arms around him, whilst still clutching her cup.

‘Congratulations!’ Ash told her ‘you did great battling!’

Finally letting go, May was so happy that she was rushing as she responded ‘I can’t believe it! I’ve won the Grand Festival! I won! I won! I won! I…’

‘Okay, okay May, calm down,’ Ash attempted to calm her.

‘Oh, sorry Ash,’ May responded ‘but I can’t help it! This has always been my life long dream! Well, since I was ten, anyway, but that’s pretty much a life long dream anyway. And I won! I won! All by myself!’

May then paused.

Ash noticed this sudden change of feeling ‘What’s wrong?’

‘Well, at one point out there I thought it was all over,’ May told Ash ‘I’d always had someone in the audience backing me up on occasions like this, but I didn’t perform as well as I could because I thought that it was just me fighting for myself,’

‘But you saw me in the audience!’ Ash told her.

‘Not at first,’ May explained ‘I couldn’t see you for all the people in the audience. I had lost confidence in myself but when I saw you, I remembered that I still had someone to back me up whatever situation I was in. And so I tried my best, and I won!’

Ash was slightly flattered at this remark. He was silent for a few seconds before responding with ‘er…thanks. I must really mean a lot to you, huh?’

‘Yeah…’ May replied before trailing off. There was a moment of silence between the two. They looked each other in the eyes. May could see that Ash’s eyes were filled with happiness and relief that May had won. From Ash’s perspective, May’s eyes shared a similar feeling, and he could see the moisture that had settled on the bottom of her eyes after she had been crying on stage. They continued to stare.

The staring didn’t go on for long, however, because further down the hallway they heard a ‘Pika!’ Pikachu was bounding down the hallway at a fast speed at the two, and May turned to be greeted with Pikachu leaping into May’s arms. She was slightly winded as it did so.

‘Pika!’ Pikachu shouted ‘Pika, pika!’

‘Yeah, I’m overjoyed too!’ May responded ‘Nice to see you too, Pikachu,’

‘Pika?’ Pikachu asked, wondering if May had seen the electric rat Pokemon in the audience.

‘Yes, I did see you,’ May knowingly responded ‘Thanks for cheering for me!’

Pikachu smiled and leapt from May’s arms back onto Ash’s shoulder. It did a little dance before settling down.

‘Sorry about that,’ Ash told May ‘Pikachu has been excited all day, and I guess he’s just happy that you won,’

‘No problem,’ May responded ‘So, what do we do now?’

Ash looked at May ‘Well, how about I buy a celebration dinner for our little winner here?’ he asked, holding up his brown wallet ‘It’s on the house,’

May appreciated the offer ‘Well I never. Ash Ketchum buying someone dinner? Has the world gone crazy?’

Ash was slightly peeved at this but Pikachu smirked slightly. Realising it was acting immature, it quickly corrected itself and stopped.

‘Aw, don’t be like that, Ash,’ May told Ash ‘of course I’ll accept your offer. Thanks,’

‘No problem, I felt like you deserved something for winning, and what better reward than to cram yourself full of food?’

May frowned ‘Now that’s not fair,’

‘It’s nothing bad,’ Ash replied ‘in fact, you look kind of cute when you’re wolfing down burger and chips.'

May happily sighed ‘Only in your eyes, Ash,’ to which Ash laughed.

A few more seconds of silence occurred as Ash and May stared at each other once more. This time actually breaking the silence, Ash asked ‘shall we get going then?’

‘I appreciate that you’re trying to get me to show you my ‘cute’ side,’ May responded, and nudged Ash slightly with her shoulder. She then ran off towards the exit of the tunnel.

‘Hey, I can quite easily not buy dinner for you, y’know!’ Ash shouted down the hallway. But May having not responded, Ash ran after her. Outside, the sun was setting behind the nearby green hill, as the playful screams of Ash, May and Pikachu could be heard in the distance. On top of the hill, an old woman observed the actions of the two ‘youngsters’.

‘Hmm,’ she told herself ‘just like my first dinner,’

---

Hooray for the first chapter of actual shipping.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 8th July 2006 at 3:30 PM.

cool story dude real advanceshippy there lol.

‘It’s nothing bad,’ Ash replied ‘in fact, you look kind of cute when you’re wolfing down burger and chips.'

favorite part lol.

i wonder who that old woman is though =\

card by RadiataAlchemist
    animation by Ayra

Glitter Name by Master-Puru XD

Good start... wonder where Misty and Drew come into this story. I'm guessing something to do with the prelude.
    The description is good and so far the story line seems believable. Good job. Continue the good work.

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

Advanceshipping? :\ I was hoping Shuu would just jump out and interrupt Satoshi's and Haruka's coversation. XDDD;;

Nice Advanceshipping hints, though I'm not an Advanceshipper. X_X;; I like Contest and Pokeshipping more. :\

Sorry for not reviewing the past chapters, I didn't know you updated! Gomen Nasai! ^_^;;

Nice chapters, so far! ^_^

~Cecilia~
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

Never fear, Drew is making an apprearance in the next chapter.

Which I may do later, if I have any free time.

This story is awesome. it is so intriguing knowing that there will be AS PS and CS all in one story. please update soon!

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

Aah, I totally forgot about this fic. Never mind, here's Chapter 3.

---

Chapter 3: A Fondness for Food

The sun was now just ending its descent in order for the moon to replace it as the dominant figure in the sky. The streets below were quite busy, the Grand Festival having just ended, and people were flocking into the main Downtown street in order to get something to eat. Among those, Ash, May and Pikachu were definitely flocking to fill their appetites the fastest - they had always been fond of food and today was especially no exception.

They quickly observed the many food restaurants in a row before they spotted one that struck their fancy. It read 'Uncle Bill's', which, rather oddly, was a Chinese.

'Jeez, how contradictory can you get?' Ash asked to no one in particular, since May was more interested in observing the food inside rather than discussing it outside. Ash noticed this and decided not to keep them waiting any longer, and they entered the restaurant.

The interior was rather empty, the walls were pasted in white and there was large Chinese handwriting all over the walls - part of the decoration, but quite messy nonetheless. No one in the restaurant seemed to care, however, since they were too busy feasting after what most people would consider themselves going through a hard day's work. The adventurous trio approached the 'Wait here to be served' sign.

'Oh, man,' May moaned 'this always takes ages,'

But, rather surprisingly, a worker sidestepped in front of them from behind a wall. Ash, May and Pikachu all jumped.

'Aah!' they cried.

'Not more people,' the worker moaned 'Anyone who is willing to eat must be prepared for anything. You never know when a lobster can rear up and attack,'

The three merely stared at the worker, confused. Pikachu envisioned being chased around the restaurant by a Corphish.

'Must be one of those weird foreign types,' Ash whispered to May.

In response, May nudged Ash before addressing the worker 'Yeah, um, can we get a table now?'

'You shall receive a table,' the worker exclaimed in a mature tone 'but only once you complete the task given to you,'

The worker then proceeded to hand them each a weird inscription on a sheet of paper.

‘You have been given your time here to do them – use it wisely,’

The worker then sidestepped behind the wall again and seemingly disappeared. Ash and May looked at their ‘tasks’ before realizing in disgust that they were actually kids menus.

‘Pfft, talk about demeaning their guests,’ May mumbled.

‘Are you kidding?’ Ash questioned ‘I’ve always wanted to visit a unique restaurant, and that guy has made this one in the bag already,’

‘Meh,’ May responded ‘lets not waste any more time and get down to the food!’

They proceeded to one of the only three tables remaining in the restaurant, by the window. The windows covered one side of the wall and had the weird Chinese handwriting pasted all over them. Ignoring their surroundings, Ash, May and Pikachu chucked away their kids menus and picked up the proper menus. As May decided on what she would want, Ash emptied his wallet to find to his horror that he had only brought a ten dollar note with him.

‘Dammit!’ Ash cried out ‘I can’t possibly afford two meals!’

May turned to Ash from her menu and sighed ‘Guess I won’t be having my romantic dinner under the stars tonight. I shouldn’t have expected it, really.’

This only caused Ash to moan more, and his head sunk into his hands ‘My transition to adulthood is already a complete failure!’

‘Stop overreacting, Ash!’ May giggled, and pulled his head up ‘maybe we can share a meal,’

‘Don’t be ridiculous,’ Ash snorted. He came to the conclusion, however, that they had no other choice. ‘Fine, but what about Pikachu?’

Ash and May turned to find Pikachu had stolen a ketchup bottle and was feasting on the entire contents.

‘I guess you could say that he’s happy enough,’ May laughed.

‘Old habits never die hard, it seems,’ Ash agreed.

‘Should I order the food?’ May asked.

‘Go on then,’ Ash replied ‘I’ll only mess it up and somehow order a burger and chips,’

May giggled, before accepting Ash’s tenner and proceeding to the food counter.

The new Grand Festival champion got in the moderately long queue. Looking around, she could see that many of the couples feasting at this particular restaurant all seemed perfectly matched, and acting all lovey-dovey – feeding each other, and wiping each other’s mouths with napkins afterwards. May rolled her eyes, and wondered how people could twist simply eating Chinese food this much.

As she turned back round to the queue, however, someone proceeded to accidentally bump into her, causing May to fall to the ground. A waiter nearby carrying two plates of meals nearly tripped over, but managed to retain her balance and walk off. May looked up to find a familiar face offering her a hand.

‘Sorry about that,’ the person said ‘mind a hand?’

May could recognize the man by his face and hair alone. ‘Drew?’

‘The one and only,’ Drew replied ‘how’s it feel to be the new Ribbon Cup champion?’

After being assisted to her feet, May replied ‘It still hasn’t stuck in yet, but I’m sure it will in due time. How’s life been for you?’

‘Meh, I’ve tried and failed to win my first Ribbon Cup over and over it’s just not funny anymore,’ Drew complained ‘Even Harley’s won one, and that’sdepressing.’

May put her hand on Drew’s back ‘You’d better not give up you hope, that would be an awful way for a great coordinator like yourself to end his career. Keep at it, and you’ll win eventually, just like I did.’

Drew turned his head towards May’s affectionately ‘Thanks, May. I don’t think there’s ever been a Ribbon Cup champion as kind and caring as you – not to mention pretty.’

May giggled, as she had done many times today already. Attempting to shrug off the compliment, however, she merely asked ‘What are you doing here?’

‘Oh,’ Drew replied ‘I just needed the bathroom. You?’

‘Well, Ash took me here for a meal, but it’s gone a bit pear shaped, to say the least,’

‘I expected as much,’ Drew laughed ‘what will you be doing after today?’

‘Well,’ May answered ‘Ash and me were going to travel to Kanto for a relaxing holiday. We’ve been quite frantic in trying to conquer our respective goals, and since Ash most likely won’t be bothered to move from his hometown we’ve decided to go there.’

‘Hey, I’m off to Kanto too,’ Drew exclaimed.

‘Really? Then you could come with us. It wouldn’t hurt, I suppose.’

‘Well, I’m actually planning on buying a house in Viridian City.’

May looked surprised ‘Really? That’s great! I can visit you and Ash in the same day!’

‘Calm down,’ Drew told her ‘I haven’t bought it yet,’

May was about to respond, dragging on the conversation further, until she realized that she was at the front of the queue and needed to order.

‘I’d better be off, then,’ Drew said ‘see you on the ferry!’

May watched as Drew proceeded to exit the restaurant. She hadn’t seen him for a long time. And, although she hated to admit it to herself, part of her found Drew quite charming. For purposes of the Grand Festival, however, she’d needed to put their rivalry over their friendship in order to succeed.

‘May I take your order, please?’

May turned around, startled, to find the worker at the counter waiting. She had forgot that she was supposed to be ordering their food.

‘Erm…can I have…erm…’ May stuttered as she struggled to pronounce the name of the noodles she was supposed to be ordering.

‘Don’t worry, no one can pronounce that,’ the female worker responded ‘not even me. I know what it is, though. Head back to your seats and we’ll bring your order to you.’

The budding coordinator proceeded back to her table, where Ash was scolding Pikachu for pouring Ketchup all over itself and rolling around on the table.

‘Seems like Pikachu’s been busy,’ May sighed, as Ash started to clean up Pikachu’s ‘ketchup surprise’ with a cloth.

‘Can’t blame him, I suppose,’ Ash explained ‘we’ve had nothing to eat all day.’

May took her seat before looking over to the rest of the restaurant. People were starting to leave, however, even more people were starting to enter.

‘Lucky we got in early, eh?’ May uttered to Ash. Ash, however, was too busy cleaning up the ketchup to reply.

Deciding to discuss tomorrow’s events, May instead asked ‘So, what shall we be doing after the ferry journey tomorrow?’

Ash looked up and replied ‘Well, I need to visit home. I’ve been away for so long I reckon my mum wouldn’t be surprised if I’d gone to live on the moon,’

After his predictable response, May asked ‘Where can I stay?’

‘Well…I suppose you’ll have to take our spare room,’ Ash answered ‘unless you prefer the garden.’

May laughed softly, before Ash and May jumped in shock as a worked popped up from under their table with their noodles.

‘Jeez, stop doing that!’ May yelled, as the worker sank back down under the table. The three looked under the table only to find that no one was there. Deciding not to question their weirdness, Ash and May picked up their separate chopsticks before chowing down on their solo dish.

At first, they proceeded to eat at a steady pace, before Ash and May stared at each other with a competitive expression. They gradually started to eat quicker and quicker, each of them trying to outdo the other in whatever meaningless goal they were attempting to achieve. Of course, since the meal was only one dish, it soon ended up with one noodle remaining on the plate. They both grabbed it, and started to devour each end… before their mouths met in the middle.

They froze. The moment was indeed an awkward one. It had been an obvious build up, as the recreation of the famous Lady and the Tramp sequence with the pasta had been done so many times before. The irony that it would happen in this particular case, however, was extremely odd. Both of them were surprised, and yet, neither of them wanted the other’s mouth to part from the other. It was not even a kiss, and yet, the feeling was there, being built up in their mouths. And as their mouths were locked, so were their eyes, as they gazed at each other, once again not in a lovingly fashion but the love was there. It was a moment that neither wanted to build on, nor stop. It was perfect the way it was.

This moment of bliss ended abruptly when a streak of ketchup sprayed across their faces. The moment having been disrupted, Ash and May turned to find Pikachu grasping his ketchup bottle. Obviously he had disagreed with Ash and May’s feeling.

‘Way to kill, the moment, Pikachu,’ Ash groaned.

---

Hope my viewers are still here.

And Drew is finally here, ole.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 31st July 2006 at 10:34 PM.

yah ketchup. That made the whole chapter hilarous!! Ketchup Surprise!!LOL!!!
    Garden Gnomes are evil, they use their innocent faces to lure us into a false sense of security and then they kill us in our sleep! HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Golbat, my first and only shiny

Credit to Arbok for my Water team
    Credit to Milotic111 for my other Card.
    (suicune pwns all)

Awesome just awesome, but I wish this fic was 'this' shipping. But, oh well, other shippings that are in stored for this fic here I come. I can't wait for the next chapter!!

~*Jemi Rose*~

Oh I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay, Drew is finally in it. For some reason, I have this thought that May will end up staying at Drew's...
    lol, just a hunch. Can I be on the PM list please? Please update soon, I love this story!
    ~CuteDrew667~
    xoxo

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

I've read this fic before, but was just waiting for you to update.
    Hm, I never reviewed before sooo...

~ The prelude was what brought me in. The discription was awesome(get used to that, I'll be saying it for sometime)
    He will never forgive me for what I’ve done, she sadly thought to herself, Ash will never forgive me.
    Ash won't forgive her? About what?
    Ooh, I can't wait until you get there.
    ~ Chapter 1 had (again) awesome discription! Aw, May's pokemon are so cool. And Harley won the last GF, yes! But where's Drew, did he totally disappear from contests or he already lost?
    Gasp! Big explosion!
    ~Chapter 2
    ‘NO! YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!’ Harley shouted ‘I WANT VENGEANCE!’

‘Oh, c’mon’ one of the guards said ‘no need to be a sore loser,’

‘SORE LOSER!? SHE CHEATED! YOU CAN’T DENY IT! LOOK AT HER FACE! SHE…’
    Yes! You are a sore loser Harley!
    Man, I thought he was evil before, you make him sound insane.
    I love it. ^______^

Upon seeing him smiling at her, she ran at him with arms outstretched. She leapt onto him and wrapped her arms around him, whilst still clutching her cup.
    Awww, cute!

May, cute when she's wolfing down burgers? Way to complement the girl, Ash!

A few more seconds of silence occurred as Ash and May stared at each other once more. This time actually breaking the silence, Ash asked ‘shall we get going then?’
    Oh, I love moments like that! They are sooo cute!

~Chapter 3
    The three merely stared at the worker, confused. Pikachu envisioned being chased around the restaurant by a Corphish.
    lol, thats the same thing I was thinking.
    The worker then sidestepped behind the wall again and seemingly disappeared. Ash and May looked at their ‘tasks’ before realizing in disgust that they were actually kids menus.

‘Pfft, talk about demeaning their guests,’ May mumbled.

‘Are you kidding?’ Ash questioned ‘I’ve always wanted to visit a unique restaurant, and that guy has made this one in the bag already,’
    Heh heh, giving them kids menues.
    As May decided on what she would want, Ash emptied his wallet to find to his horror that he had only brought a ten dollar note with him.

‘Dammit!’ Ash cried out ‘I can’t possibly afford two meals!’
    Thats Ash for ya, El Cheapo

‘Meh, I’ve tried and failed to win my first Ribbon Cup over and over it’s just not funny anymore,’ Drew complained ‘Even Harley’s won one, and that’sdepressing.’
    Noooo, Drew should have won! HE'S DREW!!!
    Anyways, I thought he would win one before Harley and May.
    At first, they proceeded to eat at a steady pace, before Ash and May stared at each other with a competitive expression. They gradually started to eat quicker and quicker, each of them trying to outdo the other in whatever meaningless goal they were attempting to achieve. Of course, since the meal was only one dish, it soon ended up with one noodle remaining on the plate. They both grabbed it, and started to devour each end… before their mouths met in the middle.
    What was the movie called? Lady and the Tramp?
    Good old Disney.
    Anyway, that was ULTRA cute!
    They froze. The moment was indeed an awkward one. It had been an obvious build up, as the recreation of the famous Lady and the Tramp sequence with the pasta had been done so many times before.
    Yup, Lady and the Tramp!

‘Way to kill, the moment, Pikachu,’ Ash groaned.
    Yes, ba-ad pikachu! No more Ketchup for you!
    lol

Yeah there goes my reviews, update soon! Please!
    PM me when you get the next chap up if you can.
    Sorry if my review sounds a little too crazy, I am HYPER here.
    Anyway, really cute fic!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

I enjoyed writing this one.

---

Chapter 4: Fight!

Nighttime seemed to pass in the blink of an eye. No sooner had the moon claimed its glaring place in the night sky, it fell back to Earth to allow its brother the Sun to occupy the space that it once owned. The day seemed almost like something out of a book - there wasn't a cloud in sight, which meant nothing could stop the shining of the Sun reaching the people down below.

As the ferry left the only port of the Lontay region, it seemed like it would be troubled little by the waves. The day was so perfect that the balance of the sea remained undisturbed as the large, white boat appeared to hover across the waves with grace, despite it being a huge ship. Back at the port, a crowd of people waved frantically at the ship in order to catch what would be a final glimpse of their relatives or loved ones on the ferry for a long time.

It had been a long past few days, but now May, who had finally fulfilled her dreams, looked out onto the sea from the top of the ferry almost triumphantly, as if the world was now her oyster. Despite the fact that she had won her Ribbon Cup over 12 hours ago, she couldn't help but smile and keep it in her grasp. It was one thing that she knew she would never let go, not if her life depended on it.

May turned around to the deck. Despite the good weather, it was quite empty. The only people on the deck were two kids playing tag, a woman snoozing on her deckchair attempting to improve her looks by tanning her skin, and a posh looking gentleman who was feeding his Dalmatro, a Pokemon from the Yamata region which, as hinted by its name, was a Dalmatian Pokemon, except for the fact that its ears had small spikes coming off the end. As May turned to the staircase she noticed Ash and Pikachu had just finished climbing them, Ash with two drinks in hand and Pikachu balancing another on its head. As they approached May, Pikachu flicked the drink of its head and into its hands, as Ash handed one to May.

'Thanks, Ash,' May told him as they all took a swig of their partly alcoholic drink at the same time. Rather humorously, Ash accidentally swallowed the ice that was in his drink and proceeded to hold his throat in pain.

'Pika...' Pikachu sighed.

'Don't 'Pika...' me, Pikachu,' Ash told it 'you're the one who choked on a Brussel Sprout.'

May replied 'No Ash, he was probably showing that he doesn't like vegetables.'

'Probably,' Ash responded 'my mum was cooking, so go figure.'

Ash and May simultaneously turned out to the sea. Attempting to join in, Pikachu jumped on Ash's shoulder to take in the sights.

‘Isn’t it beautiful?’ May asked, as if the phrase had to be said every time a group of people was looking out at sea.

Ash attempted to find a response that didn’t consist of a plain answer, as it would make him look foolish. However, not wanting to delay the silence any longer, he decided he had no choice. ‘Ye…’

Fortunately, Pikachu interrupted by pointing in the sky and shouting ‘Pika! Pika!’

Ash and May both turned to the skies, and were both surprised to see that Ho-oh was flying across the sky! It looked the same as when Ash had seen it many times before – colored with all the colors of the rainbow, and leaving a beautiful gold trail behind it. May turned around to see that the gentleman had left and that no one else was paying attention to the legendary Pokemon flying gracefully in the distance.

‘Huh, they don’t know what they’re missing,’ May said amusingly.

‘So we’re the only ones that can see it again,’ Ash pointed out ‘maybe it means something.’

May turned her head to see Ash smiling at her, and then she looked down to see his hand outstretched. Placing her Ribbon Cup in her other hand, she finished the link and held Ash’s hand back, smiling also. They both turned to the sea again, and took in the sights of Ho-oh as it flew off into the distance and out of sight.

In complete contrast, as Ho-oh had just disappeared, they heard a kid’s voice bellowing from the staircase at the two kids already on the deck ‘come, you guys! The Pokemon tournament is about to start!’

Ash and May turned to see the three kids running downstairs in excitement.

‘They sure look excited,’ May pointed out. She turned to Ash, who was putting on his jacket.

‘If they want excitement, I’ll show them excitement!’ Ash exclaimed ‘I’m gonna enter that tournament!’

May smiled weakly. She had wanted Ash to stay with her for longer, but she realized it was only fair for him to participate, since he had had to endure her participation in the Grand Festival. ‘Hope you do well.’

‘You’re not going to watch me?’ Ash sadly asked.

‘No thanks, I want to make the most of the good weather.’

May was relieved when Ash merely responded ‘Fair enough. Pikachu, you coming?’

Ash and Pikachu then proceeded to run down the stairs. May smiled at the amount of energy the battling duo had. Looking back out at the sea, she noticed how empty it seemed when there was no one with her. Deciding to fill up the view, she tossed one of her Pokeballs into the air ‘Go, Reganesque!’

The dragonfly Pokemon erupted from her Pokeball. It flitted excitedly round her head for a few seconds before looking to its trainer for a command.

May pointed out to sea ‘I want you to have fun flying out there for me.’ The co-ordinator could see that her Pokemon looked confused by the order, but it decided it was best not to question her orders and flew out to sea. May smiled as she viewed it pulling off numerous stunts in excitement.

‘You have great Pokemon, eh?’ a voice said from beside May. She jumped up in surprise, expecting one of the workers from the restaurant last night, but instead it turned out that it was Drew.

‘Oh, hey Drew,’ May greeted the green-haired co-ordinator ‘I was starting to think that you missed the ferry.’

‘Well, if I had I wouldn’t be here, would I?’ Drew asked rhetorically.

May and Drew turned their heads towards the sea, as May and Ash had done previously. However, before May could say anything, Drew asked ‘isn’t it beautiful?’

May smiled. For once, it wasn’t her doing the asking. Smiling, she replied ‘Yes. Yes it is.’

The female co-ordinator felt a bit restricted as to what to say to Drew. Normally, it wouldn’t be a problem. But she was quite close to Ash now. He had taken her out to dinner, and they had…sort of kissed. May didn’t want to do anything foolish in case her relationship with Ash went any further.

Drew broke the short-lasting silence ‘Where’s your Ribbon Cup?’

May began to reply ‘Oh, it’s right…’

She looked in her hand, and to her horror, the Cup had gone!

‘AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!’ she screamed ‘IT’S GONE!!!!’

Looking around the deck frantically, she looked under chairs and behind railings, but couldn’t find it. ‘This can’t be happening! THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!’

Then, she burst into tears, and sunk to the floor in dismay. Drew was utterly shocked at the sudden contrast of the setting. May had been on top of the world a minute ago, and now, it was as if her life had been snatched away.

Drew walked over to comfort her, but as he did, he noticed something glimmering under the deckchair of the woman sunbathing. To his surprise, it was May’s Cup!

‘You!’ Drew bellowed. May looked up to see him marching over to the woman. Having been spotted, she attempted to get off the deckchair but she got something caught on a bit sticking out. It was her…skin?

The woman’s ‘skin’ tore off to reveal that it was none other than…

‘Harley!?!?’ May and Drew gasped simultaneously.

‘Oh crap!’ Harley cried out, before attempting to grab his stolen trophy. It was too late, however, as Drew grabbed him by the shirt and brought him to his face.

‘Listen, punk,’ Drew angrily told Harley, breathing heavily on him as he did so ‘you’ve crossed the line this time. You either give May back her trophy or I kick your *** into next year.’

May was surprised at Drew’s behavior. Harley merely smirked and replied in a sinister tone ‘just because I dress like a woman doesn’t mean I fight like one!’

Harley then sent his leg flying into Drew’s stomach. Drew flew backwards and skidded across the floor of the deck into a chair. ‘Drew!’ May cried out. Harley ran with the cup but Drew stuck out his foot and caused Harley to trip over. The cup slipped out of his hands and into the wall of the boat.

May got to her feet and ran to retrieve her cup but Harley grabbed it. Drew got hold of Harley’s legs and pulled him backwards, but he still kept hold of the trophy. Harley kicked his left leg and sent Drew backwards again. He then got to his feet and made for the staircase. May was about to trip him but she was afraid that her cup would fall off the boat if she did so. Her luck was saved, however, when Reganesque flew back to the boat and clutched onto Harley’s face.

‘Aah!’ Harley screamed ‘get it off!’

Drew then marched over to Harley. Reganesque flew off his face just in time, as Drew’s fist soon connected with it. Harley flew backwards, dropping the trophy only as he landed. Drew and Harley simultaneously leapt for the trophy as May couldn’t bear to look. Both of the fierce fighters collided in the middle, and fell to the floor. Drew noticed that if he got up quickly he could nab the trophy, but as he reached out for it he saw in dismay Harley’s thieving hands snatch the cup from his grasp.

‘Haha! It’s all mine!’ he cried out. However, as he proceeded to make his escape, he slipped on the floor. May watched in horror as her trophy slipped out of his hands, into the air, and off of the side of the boat.

‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!’ May cried out as she ran towards the edge of the boat. Looking over the edge, she merely saw her trophy sinking into the eerie depths of the sea.

As Harley and Drew looked up at May, they could only be silent. May appeared to be frozen, peering over the edge of the boat. The grueling instance in which the trophy sank had only taken a few seconds, but in May’s mind, it may as well have taken a lifetime.

Smile

Okay, thats it Benmeister, I'm going to stop. (even though I only did it once) I'm going to stop PMing you telling you there's a new chapter to my fic, and I'm going to stop telling you to update. Because you're too fast. You get to my fic and update to yours just when I think about telling you.
    So I'm going to stop.
    Anyway, on to the review.

I love your fic, the way it's going right now. I really enjoy reading it and already, I cannot wait till your next chapter.

You have such good discription and there are parts where I can imagine it in the anime.
    *looks at rating, rated R* Or not.

‘Isn’t it beautiful?’ May asked, as if the phrase had to be said every time a group of people was looking out at sea.

Ash attempted to find a response that didn’t consist of a plain answer, as it would make him look foolish. However, not wanting to delay the silence any longer, he decided he had no choice. ‘Ye…’

Fortunately, Pikachu interrupted by pointing in the sky and shouting ‘Pika! Pika!’
    Yup, "Isn't it beautiful?" is the most used line ever!
    Luck Ash, if Pikachu hadn't interrupted...

‘If they want excitement, I’ll show them excitement!’ Ash exclaimed ‘I’m gonna enter that tournament!’
    Aw, how quickly Ash can be distracted. XD

‘You have great Pokemon, eh?’ a voice said from beside May. She jumped up in surprise, expecting one of the workers from the restaurant last night, but instead it turned out that it was Drew.

‘Oh, hey Drew,’ May greeted the green-haired co-ordinator ‘I was starting to think that you missed the ferry.’

‘Well, if I had I wouldn’t be here, would I?’ Drew asked rhetorically.
    Drew, missing the ferry? Of course not! How's he gonna stalk May then??? XD

She looked in her hand, and to her horror, the Cup had gone!

‘AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!’ she screamed ‘IT’S GONE!!!!’
    At first I thought she screamed "AAAAAASSSSHHHHH!!!!!"
    lol

May was surprised at Drew’s behavior. Harley merely smirked and replied in a sinister tone ‘just because I dress like a woman doesn’t mean I fight like one!’
    What kind of wierdo dresses like a woman???
    Oh yeah
    Harley.

‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!’ May cried out as she ran towards the edge of the boat. Looking over the edge, she merely saw her trophy sinking into the eerie depths of the sea.

As Harley and Drew looked up at May, they could only be silent. May appeared to be frozen, peering over the edge of the boat. The grueling instance in which the trophy sank had only taken a few seconds, but in May’s mind, it may as well have taken a lifetime.
    OMG! And she just won that!!!
    Stupid Harley.

Oh man, this is getting exciting, can't wait for your next installment!!!
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

wow, that part was awesome. i really hope that may manages to get her ribbon cup back! Can I be on the PM list please?

~CuteDrew667~
    xoxoxoxoxo

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

Chapter 5: Arrival at Kanto

It had been three hours since the Harley incident on the ferry, but the fact that May had lost her Ribbon Cup – her Ribbon Cup – had still not registered in her mind. She wouldn’t even turn her head. It was as if she was frozen into position, staring ahead in disbelief that her prize possession was no longer hers. Trembling slightly, she couldn’t even think to locate where she was.

‘..lease, May, snap ou…’

May’s mind was not picking up the speech. Instead, it kept repeating the image of the young co-ordinator looking down off the side of the boat as her Ribbon Cup was sinking. May trembled even more; her mind was reminding and taunting her at every corner it could whilst she remained immobile with shock. And she hated it.

‘..ay! May!’

Once again, the words converted into that same image of May reaching out into the air, where her Ribbon Cup wasn’t.

‘MAY!’

Still nothing.

‘MAY, GODDAMIT!’

In response to this, May only trembled more. The shouting was not doing her any good. Instead, she began to have another image. As she peered down into the sea below her, she envisioned herself falling off the side of the ship. Looking upwards, she could see a swirl of colours had taken up the sky. The colours merged together to form Harley’s face laughing. Laughing at her. And he continued laughing. May begged him to stop, but it wasn’t doing any good as she plummeted into the sea…

SPLASH!

May woke up from her trance to find herself soaked. Looking down, she noticed her red clothes dripping. Then, moving her head slowly upwards, she saw Ash holding an empty bucket in her direction.

‘May, I had to wake you somehow!’ Ash cried, trembling himself ‘I was so worried!’

Ash then wrapped his arms tightly around May, who was still in a minor trance, although she now registered herself in the correct location – in a car with light brown, leather seats. Moving only her eyeballs, she could view that she was in the back of the car. Ash sitting to the left of her, and someone she couldn’t make out was driving the car.

She remained in a frozen position for a few seconds before she began regular movement again, and started to cry. Finally turning to Ash, she hugged him back and sobbed into his back. Pikachu, who appeared to be in the passenger seat, turned around and hopped onto May’s head. It rubbed it in comfort, but May continued to cry. Ash was also crying partially due to the fact that May had finally woken up out of her troubled state.

‘Oh May, I’m so sorry!’ Ash cried out before sniffing due to his emotions coming through.

May lifted her head slightly to see Ash starting to break into an outburst of tears, just as in contrast she herself was calming down.

‘I couldn’t help you…’ Ash continued to mumble ‘I abandoned you…’

Then he began the waterworks again.

They continued to hug. The incident aboard the ferry was indeed one that would stay with May for the rest of her life, as do many criminal acts, like being mugged. Only, as well as robbing her belongings and confidence, it had robbed her dreams. Whilst the former two were bad enough as it was, the latter had proved to be the most effective in subduing May into sub-consciousness, and indeed, would cause her to falter for a long while after the incident, and an even longer time period to come.

Looking up again, May saw Ash had lifted his head simultaneously. They caught what view they could of each other through their teary eyes, and could both see that they were making eye contact. As they had done previously, they kept eye contact for a while since their emotions were running so high they could do little else.

But then, their faces moved closer to each other.

May had no idea what was spurring this, but her mind was too beaten and bruised to argue with herself in this situation. Soon enough they could feel each others breathing, and then…their lips met.

Pikachu, still on May’s head, gaped in awe. It had never liked emotion but, whilst it had previously pulled a ketchup assault on the ‘couple’ before, it decided that now was a moment best not to disrupt and instead remained on May’s head to observe.

The kiss was not full of intensity, nor was it full of passion. One could say it was ‘merely a sign of emotion’, but due to the events that had happened recently, it was much more than that. This kiss that they had just formed was showing that they truly cared for each other. And it was that reason alone that they had grown to become fond of each other in the first place, and thereafter, progress into a small relationship, and now this. Neither wanted the moment to end, as was usual, and for this small period of time May finally managed to push her emotions about her Ribbon Cup disaster to the side just so that her mind could have Ash all to itself, and May could tell that it was likewise with Ash.

Before it could progress, however, they decided it was best to be ended. They slowly moved their faces apart, and made eye contact again. As May stared into Ash’s eyes, she could see that he was putting on a weak smile, and May was so happy with the situation that she couldn’t help but put on a smile herself.

‘…wow…’ is what May finally brought herself to say ‘…Ash, that was…that was…’

May couldn’t continue her words from then on, but from the look in Ash’s eyes, she knew that he could tell that her emotions had spoken for itself.

‘Guess I was right,’ Ash finally spoke ‘Ho-oh was a sign, after all.’

The two each put on bigger smiles. Even Pikachu couldn’t resist but shed a tear at the tender moment.

‘May…’ Ash said almost regretfully ‘I’m sorry for leaving you for that tournament. I was a complete idiot, and I’ll never forgive myself for it…’

‘Oh, Ash,’ May put her hand on his back ‘It wasn’t your fault. It was all Harley’s fault. In fact, if…’

She was about to mention Drew’s name, but instinct told her not to.

Surprisingly, though, Ash said ‘Drew wasn’t there? Yeah, he told me. Thanks again, Drew.’

May was confused until she heard a voice reply ‘No problem.’ She looked to the front of the car to find Drew turning back, smiling.

‘Drew!?’ May uttered in shock.

‘What, are you disappointed?’ Drew asked.

‘No…just…’ May stopped herself. She had just realised that Drew had witnessed the moment she shared with Ash, and she started to blush with embarrassment.

‘Well, that ******* Harley is in jail, now,’ Ash interrupted ‘Maybe we can get you a replacement Ribbon Cup.’

‘Heh, that’s nice, but…’ May once again stopped one of her own sentences. It just wouldn’t be the same if she’d gotten a new cup, and if she did, it would always remind her of the terrible incident that occurred involving her old one.

‘I understand,’ Ash finished, putting his hand on May’s shoulder ‘anyway, we should be arriving in Pallet soon. We’ll get you a cup of tea – tea seems to be the cure to everything.’

May smiled. Then, tired, she let her head collapse onto Ash’s shoulder as Pikachu hopped off onto Ash’s cap. Looking up, May could see Ash looking down at her, smiling. She responded with a smile of her own – not because it was kind, but because she was happy. After everything that had happened, Ash had kept her happy. And, she assured herself, that was why she loved him.

Her eyes dropped and she soon fell into slumber land, hoping that Ash would return to her in her dreams.

---

I hope I'm not murdered by Contestshipping within the next few hours.

You may all have to make the most of this, as I'm going to my dad's tomorrow, who only has one computer, and is often hogged by my sister. So feel lucky if I update at all.

Of course, no one even reads this, so no one should care. *Cries* WHY DOES NO ONE READ THIS FIC!?
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 5th August 2006 at 4:47 PM.

Well, I gotta say that your fanfiction is nice, but please stop about the Advanceshipping hints and more Contestshipping hints, but it's up to you if you want Advanceshipping or Contestshipping. Keep it up! ^__^
    "Friendship is the most important thing to take care of, even though your friends fight with you, you'll have a second choice to make..."

Well, I gotta say that your fanfiction is nice, but please stop about the Advanceshipping hints and more Contestshipping hints, but it's up to you if you want Advanceshipping or Contestshipping. Keep it up! ^__^
    Believe me, it will swing to Contestshipping soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Of course, no one even reads this, so no one should care. *Cries* WHY DOES NO ONE READ THIS FIC!?
    I read this fic!!!! And it's really good too! Don't stop writing it because I'll always be waiting for updates!

Okay, I'm not going to sound hypocritical. I am sick of shippings. And shipping fics. But I have been reading yours, so I might as well finish.

One part I found strange was
    Then he began the waterworks again.
    Okay, step back. Ash cries because of that? I didn't think he would.
    ‘No…just…’ May stopped herself. She had just realised that Drew had witnessed the moment she shared with Ash, and she started to blush with embarrassment.
    I like Drew, he's a good character. But you make him sound like a loser. Seriously, who just stands there watches ppl kiss?

In response to this, May only trembled more. The shouting was not doing her any good. Instead, she began to have another image. As she peered down into the sea below her, she envisioned herself falling off the side of the ship. Looking upwards, she could see a swirl of colours had taken up the sky. The colours merged together to form Harley’s face laughing. Laughing at her. And he continued laughing. May begged him to stop, but it wasn’t doing any good as she plummeted into the sea…
    Here goes my over used line!
    GOOD DISCRIPTION!!!!! ^^
    I hope I'm not murdered by Contestshipping within the next few hours.
    Me= not HUGE fan of contestshipping. I can stand it. I will read it. I will watch it. I will write it. But I will not post in a contestshipping thread.
    Again
    Me= not HUGE fan of contestshipping. But I really can't wait until you spill in some PS and CS in this thread like you promised.
    Most ppl probably left because it has AS in it and no PS or CS. If you want more readers, I suggest you put in those 2 ships.
    But thats just what I think
    Anyway, another great chapter
    *waits patiently for you to update*
    Nah, screw that
    Update BECAUSE I CANNOT WAIT!
    I am so not a patient person.
    ~*Uza-chan's Good bye*~

IS SUPAH FIIIINE

Smile

A very good fic, and I like it that you're gonna bring in AS,CS and PS. Most ships just focus around one of them. I'm totally okay with it if you're going to add more CS to it. Hell, I even want CS in it because I like love triangles. As long as May'll end up with Ash, but that's up for you to decide, .
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance."

100% Advanceshipper!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast