Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aipom & Circumstance! (459)

I saw Aipom using swift also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K
    I think Aipom is a girl...I mean if Ash decides to bring Bayleef, Pikachu, and Aipom..think of the possiblities.
    Aipom is a girl, Bulbapedia says so. So, guys, we were right. If Ash isn't careful, another one of his female pokemon may develope a crush on him.

[checks episode again] it's true... Sakaki was drinking wine. The Japanese version is well on its way to letting loose the shackles of edit-crazy 4kids. ^^

Speaking of dubbers, it seems like the English version's gonna lose a couple puns involving Rocket Dan. During their motto, Musashi's line "Evil flowers that courageously bloom" has CG flowers blooming in the background. Kojirou's line "The sweet-hearted villians have arrived" depicts CG sweets in the background. Considering that the English version changed the new motto quite a bit from the Japanese version... then again, nothing that an occasional motto alteration couldn't help (or, they could just ignore it altogether.... it would be awkward if they have candy float behind James for no good reason 0_0). Guess it's gonna be a wait-and-see type thing.

They also seemed to make some joke about "crown" and "bottle caps" (which are both called "oukan" in Japanese). Musashi complains that they couldn't steal the "oukan", when Kojirou wonders if his "oukan" could be worth anything (only to be thrown away by Musashi afterwards, proclaiming them to be worthless XD). BTW, what was with the wind that blew after Nyaasu said something? Does that indicate a character just said a lame joke or what (I think I saw it used in an anime before)?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Despite the poor animation, the Swellow Vs. Mecha Fearow scene was really great. I loved seeing it take on all the robo Fearow, it was rcertainly interesting.
    you got that right. Oosubame f***ing rocks in this episode, and though it was brief, him going against the Mecha Onidrill Army was definitely one of the best parts of the episode. If you're only looking at screenshots of this episode, still shots do not do the guy justice. I mean, look at this and see what you're missing out on.

After bashing one Onidrill out of the way, he then proceeds to grasp another by the neck before tossing it behind him.

Afterwards, he lowers his altitude and goes in to strike another mecha from below...

Followed immediately by an aerial sommersault.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    GOD Swellow gets used so much yet it only uses Ariel Ace or Quick Attack, I want some of its old attacks it used as Talliow :/
    actually, he wasn't commanded to use any attacks the whole time, and judging from the lack of wind swirls and speed lines and glowing wings, the only attack he might've used on his own was Peck. Otherwise, it was just straight-up hitting and bashing.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    actually, he wasn't commanded to use any attacks the whole time, and judging from the lack of wind swirls and speed lines and glowing wings, the only attack he might've used on his own was Peck. Otherwise, it was just straight-up hitting and bashing.
    Really? Guess its the pictures playing tricks on me, but in the Spencer episode (I believe) when it was used it did nothing but Ariel Ace, you got to admit that attack gets old fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    Aipom is a girl, Bulbapedia says so. So, guys, we were right. If Ash isn't careful, another one of his female pokemon may develope a crush on him.
    Bulbapedia to my knowledge has been wrong time and time again. However it might be, but I wouldn't say since Bulbpedia said it its 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Really? Guess its the pictures playing tricks on me, but in the Spencer episode (I believe) when it was used it did nothing but Ariel Ace, you got to admit that attack gets old fast.
    All of Swellow's attacks are mind numbingly redundant, there's no way around it. But just the way Swellow actually pulls of these techniques and puts them to use is enough reason to overlook that. When planning out a battle scene, the writers of this show have a lot more freedom with a flying pokémon than one that is firmly pegged to the ground. They can throw in barrel-rolls, corkscrews, the works. Swellow may essentially be reduced to smashing into it's opponents, but damn. The bird does it with style, and it never fails to bore.

Yamato-san, do you know what Haruka and Masato were saying about Hiyoshi's Double Team suggestion?

Good thing Aipoms a girl.But we'll almost never see Bayleef on Ash's team anyway.

Yay! Aipom is a girl!
    Anyways, I just saw the episode. I love the swift and the CG in this episode, except Nosepass. Sometimes Aipom is crosseyed. It's weird.
    I actually was able to undestand most things in this episode, except the TR motto.
    I officially love Aipom
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

Their is no proof Aipom was a girl, anyone can edit Bulbapedia (except for the Bulbanews, that is usually trsutworthy), so it could be either gender.

Well in the writers defense Swellow doesn't exactly have a very interesting move set. Most of it's moves are something that would be hard to do in Anime or stuff we've seen a million times already (Hyper Beam, Steel Wing). The only move I would like to see especially since it fits it's personality is Endeavor.

As for the episode Swellow was pretty cool in the episode as it just went bashing and actually doing some true dog fighting which is actually rare in the animie with flying types.

Oh my jeebus.

I just saw the screenshot and stuff for that ep.

That guy in the green with the greenish hair?

...I'd totally hit it and not have any regrets about it. I'd hit that HARD. Over and over. *_____* Yep, I'd totally f*ck that.

Damn, he's fine.

Oh, um...and so it doesn't sound like spam... yay Belue Berry.

But still. HOT GUY THAT P_B WOULD HIT. HAAAAAAARD. I'D HIT IT LIKE NO MAN OR WOMAN BUT MORE LIKELY MAN BECAUSE HE TOTALLY LOOKS TEH_GAY HAS EVER HIT IT BEFORE!
    Last edited by Phantom_Bugsy; 10th July 2006 at 12:24 AM.

Purrrrrrr.

Indeed, Swellow reminds us all why it is THE most badass Flyer we have ever seen in the anime.

And yeah, Giovanni + real wine = in your FACE, 4Kids!

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    They also seemed to make some joke about "crown" and "bottle caps" (which are both called "oukan" in Japanese). Musashi complains that they couldn't steal the "oukan", when Kojirou wonders if his "oukan" could be worth anything (only to be thrown away by Musashi afterwards, proclaiming them to be worthless XD).
    Haha, I saw the bottle caps, then Musashi throwing them away, and Kojiro's reaction, and I just laughed. Lol. Oh Kojiro and his bottle caps.

First two by the amazing Teppo Pepper The far right one from Pokemon Source
        Spoiler:- MayxDrew AshxMisty PikachuxPokechow:

Read My Fanfics:
    No Coincidence , Just Beyond The City Walls

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Indeed, Swellow reminds us all why it is THE most badass Flyer we have ever seen in the anime.

I bet PUSA/TAJ edits that though.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

They may not,I don't see any reason why.
    P_B:That's Soo sig worthy! xP

-Judai

Great filler ep, but I didn't like Jessie's dream sequence of her winning a pagent. It was annoying and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    Great filler ep, but I didn't like Jessie's dream sequence of her winning a pagent. It was annoying and predictable.
    I agree. Infact, if it wasn't for Swellow beating on a bunch of robots, that very random and VERY annoying 5 second shot of Jessie would have rendered this episode totally unwatchable. Perhaps even making it the worst episode in the entire show's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude

I agree, Swellow owns all other flying types as of now. As with Giovanni and the wine thing, PUSA/Taj will have some dialogue that will say Giovanni is sipping sparkling grape juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    I agree. Infact, if it wasn't for Swellow beating on a bunch of robots, that very random and VERY annoying 5 second shot of Jessie would have rendered this episode totally unwatchable. Perhaps even making it the worst episode in the entire show's history.
    Are you being sarcastic? This episode was far from being the worse filler even without Swellow kicking butt. In fact, I'd say it ranks very high for a filler on the Tripple Doppler Filler Radar!

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Are you being sarcastic?
    How anyone can be in Pokemon Anime frequently without knowing that Gravy jokes like that a lot is beyond me.

Anywho...typed-as-I-looked-at-the-pictures commentary! (haven't watched the ep. Yet.)
    -COTD-san would look SO less terminally ill if his clothes actually fit him.
    -Been a while since Brock got a fantasy scene like that. Heh.
    -At this rate Hatless!Ash won't be anything special
    -Gio fantasy with him playing...something...with the crown? Odd. not that the Pokemon-centric ones are any better.
    -With architecture like that...what is this place, ancient Greece?
    -Bii-daa! Haven't seen one of those in a while either!
    -Damn the animators need to decide what size Aipom is. I don't pay much attention to animation and even I notice that it seems to be a different size every episode.
    -Nosepass!
    -Marshtomp is alive!
    -Damn Swellow kicks ***. And to think that once upon a time we assumed it'd turn out like Ash's other birds.
    -Interesting to see TR use more than one mecha at once, btw. Don't think they've done THAT before...
    -Funny how sour foods can cause the structure of one's head to change so radically for 30 seconds.
    -Aipom's schtick this ep is pretty much a rehash of various Chikorita/Bayleef things, but I don't care. Bayleef was one of Ash's few Johto Pokes that was at all memorable, so all the better. :P
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Yeah, I'm pretty gullible, even his sigs are sarcastic, but that honestly sounded like he was serious. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    -COTD-san would look SO less terminally ill if his clothes actually fit him.
    But I like his clothes all hot and falling off him! ;0; That and sick boys are the sex. Just look at Joly.

COTD-sama. <333

I'd hit that so hard Kanto would shake.

I'd hit that so hard he'd get pounded into the ground and get his hips broken and won't THAT be an interesting trip to the ER?

Purrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen
    Yamato-san, do you know what Haruka and Masato were saying about Hiyoshi's Double Team suggestion?
    They were just talking about how it's a good trick. I think Masato said that it could help draw the enemies together.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    -Damn Swellow kicks ***. And to think that once upon a time we assumed it'd turn out like Ash's other birds.
    that comment's so true, it made me LOL. XD

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

hmm... what exactly was up with the text going across the screen at the part where Aipom and Pikachu leave the cave?

Those things happen every now and then in the Japanese eps. They're usually some sort of public service announcement. For example, there was at least one about the earthquakes they had there last year. So that one was probably a storm warning or something.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast