Thread: Events of the Heart (Harvest Moon: MFoMT, WonxRick, PG-13)

Default Events of the Heart (Harvest Moon: MFoMT, WonxRick, PG-13)

...Yeah, you read the pairing right.

Here's another multi-parter. Don't worry, the next chapters are done for my other fics, I'm just spiffing them up. I figured I'd share my latest crack-induced fic... With my crack-induced HM OTP. Just give it a chance please. *puppydog eyes*

Events of the Heart—Won’s First “Heart” Event

by taitofan

Rated PG-13 for yaoi

Disclaimer: If I owned Harvest Moon, the next game would be titled, “Harvest Moon: For Gay.” But since that’s very unlikely, it’s safe to say that I don’t own the games or characters.

Author’s Note: No matter what fandom I enter, my OTP almost always ends up as crack… Oh well. So. I was thinking about what it would be like if other couples went through the heart events you go through as the farmer. So I took my favorite couple, listed out their heart events, and came up with this! So this fic will consist of eight rewritten heart events, two random events, and a few ending chapters… After all, we all know what happens after the heart events have been viewed! Chapters will flip-flop from one character to the next, and they will be connected. So until the next chapter, have fun and try to give my OTP a chance!

Flames do nothing but make me laugh, although I'll listen to any CC you have. Please read, review, and enjoy! Finished 07-05-06

--------------------

Won ignored the flock of squawking chickens as he walked towards the Poultry Farm. He had better things to do than let a bunch of annoying birds intimidate him. For example, he had to try his luck selling his goods to the suckers who lived here. He’d already managed to scam that farmer boy and his sister—Jack and Claire if memory served right—out of a nice chunk of change, and he had high hopes for this family too. He quickly reached the door and knocked swiftly door, ready to charm and swindle whoever opened up.

“We’re not open yet!” a decidedly masculine voice yelled from the other side of the closed door. Nevertheless, Won could hear the locks being opened. “If it’s not an emergency… Hey, who are you?” The young man who opened the door might have sounded masculine, but his long blond hair and soft facial features conveyed otherwise. He was actually very easy on the eyes… If you were into that sort of thing of course. Which Won most certainly was not.

“Hello, my name is Won. I am a traveling merchant from the East. I’m here today to see if someone as lovely as yourself would be interested in purchasing any of my fine merchandise.” The younger man blinked, his glasses magnifying his bright blue eyes; then he scowled lightly, a faint pink blush finding its way to his cheeks.

“I am a guy you know. My name is Rick. I help run this place with my mother and sister. You should try charming them instead.” Won’s entire career was dependent on his ability to read people and know exactly what to say to make them putty in his hands. And unless he was completely mistaken…

“Oh, be assured kind sir, I immediately knew your gender. However, I cannot imagine that anyone else in your household would be such an exquisite sight as you.” Bingo. Rick’s face went from pale pink to a bright red in seconds, causing Won to smirk mentally. Oh yes, he was good.

“I, uh… What do you have?” Won put on his pleasantest smile and opened his case. Rick watched as he pulled out a large, shiny red apple. He wasn’t all that fond of apples himself, but Popuri and his mom both loved them. Maybe he’d get them a gift…

“I have three very special apples with me today…” Rick listened patiently as Won explained the three different apples. He honestly wasn’t sure what the difference between them and a regular apple was, but… “And the price, especially for you, is only 500 G!” It took all of the blond’s willpower not to let his jaw drop.

“For all three or for just one?”

“Just one.” Rick laughed humorlessly, shaking his head.

“Ah, I don’t think so. I’ll just wait until Autumn and pick some myself… What else do you have?” Won’s eyes narrowed ever so slightly. So Rick wasn’t going to fall for his charming words, huh? No matter. He still had another card up his sleeve…

“Oh, of course! I have something much better!” He took out a picture and handed it to Rick, who accepted it curiously. “As you can see, this fine flower vase is much too fragile to carry around with me all the time. But I can have my roommate Zack deliver it to you later today. Such a well-crafted vase is sure to improve your house tenfold! And for you I’m willing to let it go for a mere 5000 G!” Rick was silent for a few moments, merely staring at Won’s grinning face, when…

“What?! Are you crazy? If you think you can come here, feed me some pretty words, and get me to buy your overpriced junk, you have another thing coming! I’m not some girl who’s gonna swoon over you and pay ridiculous prices for apples with silly names and vases that cost more than refrigerators and—” Won stood patiently as Rick ranted and raved. He had nowhere else to be after all… And Rick would run out of breath sooner or later. “—and your hat is funny!” The Asian man raised an elegant eyebrow at his last comment before shaking his head slightly.

“Rick…” He took a few steps forward until there were mere inches separating them. Rick, who was still out of breath from his prior ranting, could only watch as the shorter man lifted a slender pale hand and ran it against his cheek. “Has anyone ever told you that you’re absolutely alluring when you’re angry?”

--------------------

When Zack delivered the flower vase later that afternoon, Rick hadn’t been able to explain why he’d paid Won’s outrageous price further than, ‘He’s very persuasive.’ But as he placed the vase on his bedside table and began arranging Moondrop Flowers in it, he found that he really didn’t mind. In fact…

He couldn’t wait until Won came around again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Add the fact that WonxRick is my OTP to the list of "Reasons why taitofan is going to hell." X3 Anyways... Yes. I'm rewriting Won and Rick's heart events. And I'm throwing "Golden Service" and "Rick and Kai Argue" in the middle to move the plot/provide angst, so there'll be about 12 chapters in all. That'll be in a while though. There are tons of little things in here that are more significant if you've played MFoMT, or even FoMT. If you haven't... Good luck in making any sense of this fic. ^^; Please note that these scenes take about 30 seconds to watch, so don't expect these to be too long. You can read about the original scenes here:

Won's "Heart" Events
    Rick's Heart Events

Next is Rick's Purple Heart Event. You might not wanna read any of those description for events other than the ones already posted unless you wanna be spoiled. If you've played the game and married either of them (or both like me), you already know what will happen. Oh yes... And the Blue Feather will show up in the end. If you don't know what that means... It's an awesome thing, trust me. <3

Well, enough from me. See ya next time~ And review please!
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

I could ask why no one has reviewed though I know people are reading *stares at you*, but I won't. Maybe you all passed out after seeing that I was serious about WonxRick, I dunno. Regardless, here's the next chapter.

Events of the Heart—Rick’s Black Heart Event

by taitofan

Rated PG-13 for yaoi

Disclaimer: If I owned Harvest Moon, the next game would be titled, “Harvest Moon: For Gay.” But since that’s very unlikely, it’s safe to say that I don’t own the games or characters.

Author’s Note: Welcome to Rick’s first heart event, in which we have denial, embarrassing parents, confused siblings, and love struck men. Somewhat in that order even. And though I’m sure everyone has realized this, I’ll say it regardless; I’m taking major liberties here, because there isn’t a lot to the heart scenes. Unless I want these half a page long, I need to add things. And I’ll occasionally throw in a few game-play references… I’m sure you all gave Rick his egg back once the scene was done too. wink Anyways, enjoy. Won is up again next.

Flames do nothing but make me laugh, although I'll listen to any CC you have. Please read, review, and enjoy! Finished 07-05-06

-----------

Won managed to wait a week before he once again made his way back to the Poultry Farm. He’d originally told himself that he wasn’t going to go back at all. After all, Rick had already bought the flower vase, and he’d learned from Zack—who he’d recently found out was a friend of the family—that the younger man wasn’t even very fond of apples. When he finally gave into his strange urge to see the blond again on that bright Friday afternoon, he told himself it was only because he could always sell his apples to the other occupants of the household. It had nothing to do with Rick’s attractive face, or the way his cheeks flushed prettily when he was embarrassed, or how utterly sexy he looked when he was angry…

No, that had nothing to do with it at all. When he’d started flirting with Rick, he’d just been doing what he guessed would work. He’d never flirted with potential customers before because he hadn’t seen the need to. But Rick was different; Won had known that compliments would get the blue-eyed man to buy from him. …And he refused to acknowledge that giving out compliments didn’t have to turn into flirting. Because he wasn’t interested in Rick. Honestly.

Before he even realized it, he was standing in the same spot he’d found himself at a week earlier. If he turned around now, he could always head to the farm, or go to a different family and swindle them, or maybe— Or maybe it didn’t really matter, because he was already knocking. He glared at his hand for acting without permission from his mind, but quickly composed himself as a familiar voice called out that they were open and to come in. And not wanting to look like a complete fool, he did just that.

He’d never been inside the farmhouse, seeing as Rick had gone outside during their first encounter, but looking around… It was all right. Cozy and certainly nicer than Zack’s cardboard box of a house, but nothing special. No, the best part of the house was standing in front of the table and smiling at him.

“Won, I didn’t think I’d see you again so soon! Hi! Mom, Popuri, this is Won, the traveling salesman who sold me that vase last week. Won, this is my mom Lillia and my sister Popuri.” Won bowed to the pink-haired ladies, wanting to make a good first impression to potential future customers.

“Pleased to make your acquaintance.” Popuri said nothing in return and merely stared, unnerved by the foreign man. Lillia, who hadn’t suddenly forgotten her manners as her daughter seemingly had, smiled and nodded in greeting.

“Hello Won. Zack and Rick told me a bit about you. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” She looked over at her smiling son and giggled softly. “Oh, Rick has enjoyed the vase you sold him you know. He put it right next to his bed, and he even gets Popuri to pick him fresh flowers for it everyday—”

“Uh, hey, would you look at that!” Rick quickly cut her off and turned back to the table to hide his flushed face from his mother’s embarrassing small talk. “All of the chickens laid eggs this morning, so I stopped by the Hot Spring and made some Spa Boiled Eggs.” He turned back around, his blush having faded for the most part, and held up a golden brown egg. “Do you like eggs Won?”

In all honesty, he didn’t. It was similar to how Rick felt about apples; he didn’t hate them, but that didn’t mean he liked them. They were tolerable…

“I love them.” …But after the way Rick’s blue eyes lit up after he told the little white lie, he’d readily take them.

“Great! Here, then this is for you. These are my favorite things in the world, but they’re an acquired taste… I’m glad you like them too though!” Won accepted the gift, liking the way Rick’s fingers brushed against his own more than the egg he was given. And though he didn’t notice, a light red hue settled on Rick’s cheeks at the contact as well. However, unbeknownst to the two men, Lillia did notice the exchange between her son and the strangely dressed man. She watched them curiously, a small smile adorning her face. Maybe it was time…

“Thank you Rick. I appreciate it. However…” He grabbed Rick’s hand with his own free one and placed the egg back in the blond’s possession, before he slowly pulled away. “If this is your favorite thing in the world, then I’m giving it back to you. And I don’t often give things away for free, so no arguing.” Rick chuckled, cradling the egg close to his chest. With the prices Won charged, he believed it.

“Thank you. It means a lot to me.” Won nodded amiably, glad he’d thought of a way to get rid of the egg and make the younger man smile like that. It was a lovely sight… Not that he thought about Rick like that though. Really.

…And if he kept saying it, maybe he’d eventually believe it.

“You’re very welcome. Now if you’ll excuse me, I must get back to my shop. Goodbye Rick. I’ll see you soon I hope?” Rick’s grin widened as he nodded enthusiastically.

“Of course! I’ll come see you as soon as I can.” Won smiled before turning around and heading back outside, leaving the trio alone. After he shut the door behind him, Rick sprinted towards the door and threw it open, waving to the retreating figure and yelling his goodbyes. The youngest of the family shook her head in disbelief.

“What was that all about? That weird guy comes here, gets an egg from Rick that he gives right back, doesn’t buy or ask about anything the whole time, then leaves and only says goodbye to Rick! And what’s wrong with Rick anyway mom? He was blushing an awful lot! Do you think he’s sick?” Lillia looked over at her cheerful son who was still watching the merchant walking down the street, the egg clutched carefully at his chest.

“Perhaps dear. But I don’t think that it’s an illness that any medicine can cure…”

After all, there was no drug in the world capable of easing love sickness.

-------------------------------------------------------

Yep, more of those pesky in-game references. Like Won and Rick's mutual "eh" attitude towards the other's fave food. Won likes eggs and Rick likes apples in the "so-so" category, the last you can get before they'll dislike your present. And I know everyone who liked Rick went back inside after that scene and gave him the egg back. You can't fool me. ^.~ 'Sides, I did too~

Poor Popuri, she has no idea that her brother is head over heels. Lillia does though, and she doesn't seem to mind. Though since in the game she's okay with her son marrying an alcoholic and her daughter running off with a womanizer, she has no right to complain!

Anyways, Won's Buying Ability is next. I still have to write that though... I think I know my plans. Until then... Please review!

Though I don't know any of the characters its still one of the cutest stories I've read. Sorry I didn't review before. I loved the new chapter Popuri was in a way funny at the end. Can't wait for the next chapter is there a PM list? If so I would like to be on it.

Credit for the banner goes to Sammi. Thanks so much!

Credit for the user bar goes to Gladeshadow!

MewtwoReturns: Sankyuu~ I'm glad you like it. ^.^ I don't have a list, but I can certainly make one...

Well, it's about time I updated, ne? Here's the next part~

Events of the Heart—Won’s Second “Heart” Event

by taitofan

Rated PG-13 for yaoi

Author’s Note: The biggest thing to note here is that I gave Zack more than one room. He and Won are still stuck in a tiny house, but it’s not all clumped together. More denial and confusion here, as well as game references. Fun fun! Back to Rick next time, and then we can really get the ball rolling… And thank you so much to my reviewers; I really appreciate your opinions. You all rock so much!

Flames do nothing but make me laugh, although I'll listen to any CC you have. Please read, review, and enjoy! Finished 07-09-06

----------

After Won’s almost-invitation to visit him, Rick decided that he’d wait awhile until he showed up…

He managed to last four days.

Now Rick found himself standing in front of Zack’s house, hand poised to knock, hesitating. It wasn’t that he was rethinking his decision to visit, oh no, he just wondered if it was too soon. There was something about the older man that intrigued him… He was quite sure what it was, but he wanted to find out. And that meant spending time with him. However, spending all of his free time with Won would seem a bit too overeager, and he didn’t want to scare the other man away. Maybe he should wait one more day…

“Hey Rick, what’s up?” The blond let out a rather undignified yelp as he spun around, finding himself staring at a large chest. Tilting his head up, he saw that it was the owner of the house he’d been standing in front of for the past few minutes. Oh, how he hoped Zack hadn’t been there for long… “You’ve been staring at my door for awhile. Did you need something?” Crap.

“Oh, hi Zack. I was just here to see Won.” The shipper looked perplexed, but he didn’t ask the obvious question on his mind. Mainly, “Why would you want to see him?”

“He doesn’t open his shop until I get back at eleven. He leaves to door locked for only Goddess-knows-why. But if you’ll let me in, I’ll let you in.” Rick chuckled nervously and stepped aside, allowing the larger man past to unlock the door. He didn’t bother to mention that Won probably would have let him in regardless of the time. After all, he couldn’t explain their strange relationship when he wasn’t exactly sure what was going on between them himself.

“Thanks.” Zack pulled a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door, pushing it open, and holding it open for the blond.

“No problem. Hey Won, you’ve got a customer!” Rick walked through the now-opened door, Zack close behind him, hoping he wasn’t expected to actually buy anything. He’d seen Won’s prices before, and after that flower vase, there was no way he could afford anything else even close to being that expensive…

“Wonderful, I—” When Won first looked up, Rick could tell he was about to go into “shady salesman” mode; once he saw who it was though, he smiled and waved to his new companion. Rick did the same, then walked over to the makeshift counter and hopped up on it. Zack raised an eyebrow at this strange act of familiarity, but he didn’t say anything about it. As peculiar as the scene was, he had work to do…

“Well, I have some numbers to crunch. I’ll be in the back if you need me.” When he got hurried “yeah, sure” answers in perfect unison, he shook his head and headed to his study. Once the door had shut behind him, Won reached under his counter and pulled out a golden brown oval.

“For you.” Rick’s grin almost split his face as he accepted the Spa Boiled Egg. The fact that Won remembered his favorite food made him happier than he’d been in quite a long time.

“Wow, thanks! This is great!” He reached into his apron and pulled out a shiny red sphere. “And by the way…” Won chuckled as he took the apple gratefully. They were out of season, so that meant…

“Did you get this from Jack?” Rick laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. Busted.

“Claire actually. She bought it from you a while ago, but when Jack got one too, she didn’t have any use for it. So she gave it to Popuri this morning. I kinda took it from her when she wasn’t looking though…” She was probably searching the house for it right now. Oh well, she’d get over it. “And what about you? Only two places have chickens around here…”

“You caught me,” the merchant admitted with a smirk. “Jack sold me the egg when I was down there this morning. I took it to the spring afterwards and then came back here. I was going to bring it to you later tonight, but here you are.” Rick willed himself not to blush. That just wouldn’t do with so little distance between them… But the knowledge that Won was going to visit him just to give him a present made the redness find his cheeks regardless.

“I, um… I didn’t know you bought things too.” He missed the flash of disappoint that flashed on the older man’s face.

“I only buy from my most treasured customers.” Rick assumed that meant Jack and Claire, since the farmer twins were his only customers. “However…” Rick titled his head in a confused manner that vaguely reminded Won of Koinu, the puppy on the twin’s farm. In short, he looked rather adorable…

“However what?” He quickly pushed those thoughts from his mind at the question. He only thought of Rick as a friend, not a… Well, he just didn’t.

“However, I might be willing to offer my services to close friends as well. And I’d say we’re friends, wouldn’t you?” Rick nodded, his face still flushed. He refused to feel disappointed at the term friends. It was good to be friends after all. It wasn’t as if he wanted to be more than that or anything… Or did he? He didn’t really know… He hadn’t felt this confused in a long time either. “Well then, Rick, you can sell things to me if you’d like. Just bring them here and I’ll give you a good price for them. Easy, huh?”

…Well, “friends” was a good first step.

“Yeah, that sounds great. I’ll have to come see you a lot more often after I gather eggs I guess.” An excuse to see the attractive blond and get eggs to give him as presents later? Sounded good to him.

“I suppose so.” They shared a smile and began eating their respective gifts in a comfortable silence.

----------

By the time Zack came out of his room, Rick had already left. He assumed that the blond had gone after he’d bought whatever he’d come for, but had he have asked, he would have learned that he’d only left minutes before. Even then, it was only because he still had chickens to take care of. But as Won saw it, Zack didn’t need to know that…

Maybe he’d tell his roommate what was going on between them once they figured it out for themselves. And hopefully, it wouldn’t take very long, because each time they met Won was having a harder time denying that he thought Rick was beautiful…

Little did he know that Rick was having the same problem.

------------------------------------------------------------

So... Yep. Rick's Purple Heart Event is next. It kinda focuses on Popuri's feelings about this budding relationship. Hopefully I can get it up fairly soon. Until the, see ya~

Oh, cute.

Lol, Rick. X3 Even if I like Rick/Gray better D: But still. Awwwww.

Purrrrrrr.