Thread: A normal rpg

Default A normal rpg

Hello all i am just posting this thread to ask why no one ever starts an rpg that is about pokemon battle tournaments or a grand festival and no wierd twists, and fine if theres a bit of a twist like team aqua/magma/rocket or something interupt the grand festival/league and ive only ever seen one rpg like the one im talking about.

And before any of you people say "why dont you start one?" well i cant because i am a good rpg player but coming up with things my self i am not too good i can join a story not be the creator of one.

Pokemon Battle Island Finale

It's because most of the Rp's that nevr get out of the water are based on the 'oh look i got a pokemon, lets go on a journey kind of idea' and its been overdone too much.
    Oh Nidorella, you will go to the ball

Why? Because they're total snoozefests.

Fics that have average plots, average villains, average heroes and average everying bore people to death. These sort of stories require no creativity whatsoever to write or otherwise take part in, and they're really no fun for the people that can do better. People like new and interesting things because they're new and interesting. People don't like old and overused things becasue they're old and overused.

Sure, it can be fun to play an RPG where you can train Pokemon and battle with other trainers. That's what Fizzy Bubbles is for. If the RPG section was for blah-esque trainer RPs, then why would we have Fizzy Bubbles? Hmm?

Why do you guys like pokemon then? that is the basis of pokemon, and fine if they are overdone but i think all of these wierd ones with mega wierd twists are boring and so unture to pokemon.
    and fine people may be bored of the lets go on adventure thing but why have all these super hero pokemon and all these teams to destroy the earth or whatever.

Because they have been done before. When choosing between an RPG based on the plot of the anime and an RPG with a twist, people will go for the twist because they have seen the whole 'look at me I have a Pokemon and now I'm going to beat the snot out of everyone with it!' before.

Pokemon's plot is boring in my opinion and if they threw in a little adventure now and again it wouldn't be as dull. Because the makers of Pokemon aren't willing to do that, then RPGers take it upon theymselves.

So the answer is, mate: Because people are tierd of 'em.

....whats really left to say here without repeating what over people have said. Most of us on this site have seen that kind of lame and overdone storyline before. They've watched the anime, played the game, read the fan fic, and RPGed with that kind of average plot and basically, people are sick of seeing it again.

When you talk about these plot twists and changes to the regular storyline being untrue to Pokemon, thats probably the reason why people choose to join them, cause its a breath of fresh air from the overused normal storyline.

Again, the whole Evil Pokemon Teams are overused as well. We've all seen them get beat, know what their plans are etc. We need change! In the game there just a sidetrack to make it more interesting but in my opinion it doesn't really do much to make it much better.

Sure, I won't fight against your need for average RPG's but I need something thats unique. You can try to get a friend to make one seeing how you appear uncapable of doing it but I doubt you'll get many replies.
    Current Obsession: Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors
    Warriors Orochi: Best.Crossover.Ever

"This is it! - I won't back down, I won't give in, and I certainly won't lose!"
    Xiahou Yuan, Battle of Mt. Ding Jun

It may be untrue to pokemon.........but we are just sick of 'em!

Well.......some of us are.....

Ok, I understand that people are sick of the Pokemon adventure theme, but still I would like to have one with a twist, yes, but not such a wacky twist such as Pokemon 'Super Heroes' or Pokemon 'Royal Family'. Even I wouldn't mind having an RPG with a twist, but most of the RPGs seem to just use Pokemon as a side part, whereas I would like one where Pokemon was the main theme, but just a bit of a twist. I understand people's need for a change, and I'm happy to embrace it, but some people are just taking it too far in my opinion.

There are such RPG's out there, but they are rare. People tend to base their RPG's on things other than Pokemon now a days.