Thread: My Pokemon Silver won't save.

Default My Pokemon Silver won't save.

Im not sure what happened but after about 2 years of not playing, I decided to start again. When I turned on my game, I noticed that I couldn't continue my old save file (the 'continue' wasnt there). When I tried making a new game, a couldn't continue that one either (after saving and restarting..)

What happened to my game?

*Update* It doesn't run in Stadium 2 either. Everytime I try turning the n64 on with the game attached, I get a weird error screen.
    Last edited by Mewtwo_God; 9th July 2006 at 7:52 PM.

I miss the old days...
    Back when Mewtwo + Amnesia = God

Current Mewtwo count: 32

Just for laughs, take a look around other threads in this section.

Notice any with a similar problem to yours?

Wishing you HAD read the forum first without randomly posting?

Bet it's yes on both counts.

Actually ive searched about 5 times for something even related to my problem. The topics names don't help. I did NOT randomly post. I waited about 2 days before posting this; i could not find anything on Google, this board, or the Nintendo site. Sorry for my incompetence.

I miss the old days...

Your internal battery has probably died. Hope that helps.
    ~Leon~

Quote Originally Posted by wcgold
    This is a Pokémon forum, which means the majority of members are either too young or socially awkward to have sex.

That's what I figured but its hard to say when I haven't found many others with the same problem...

*Update* Wow now that is pretty lame. I called Nintendo Customer Service. They said it is an internal battery problem and a lot of the G/S games will run out at this point. However, they said the game is too old to offer any repair services.

Gee, they knew the game would run out at this point but they say its too old for them to repair... The guy explained that the newer games (gameboy advance and up) use chips to store save files instead of batteries so they dont run out. I guess what he was trying to say was "go get a new game". Sigh.
    Last edited by Mewtwo_God; 9th July 2006 at 10:02 PM.

I miss the old days...

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo_God
    Im not sure what happened but after about 2 years of not playing, I decided to start again. When I turned on my game, I noticed that I couldn't continue my old save file (the 'continue' wasnt there). When I tried making a new game, a couldn't continue that one either (after saving and restarting..)

What happened to my game?

*Update* It doesn't run in Stadium 2 either. Everytime I try turning the n64 on with the game attached, I get a weird error screen.
    Same thing happened to me... (my save file deleting - I didn't use any cheats either). But then I did a new game and was able to continue that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo_God
    That's what I figured but its hard to say when I haven't found many others with the same problem...

*Update* Wow now that is pretty lame. I called Nintendo Customer Service. They said it is an internal battery problem and a lot of the G/S games will run out at this point. However, they said the game is too old to offer any repair services.

Gee, they knew the game would run out at this point but they say its too old for them to repair... The guy explained that the newer games (gameboy advance and up) use chips to store save files instead of batteries so they dont run out. I guess what he was trying to say was "go get a new game". Sigh.

Yeah I could have told you what Nintendo said aswell but I wasn't here early enough.=P

I've been going to many forums that have been having outbursts of this problem. Gamefaqs seemed to be hit really badly at the beginning of this year. Every second post was on the game not saving.

If you want to replace the battery here's a link to how.
    http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=28688921

It's seems to be the only way now.

Put together by me.

The people who own Nintendo are newness-obsessed idiots. Well, probably not all. But whoever said they're not gonna fix old games is.

I've noticed that usually the people whose games are dying haven't played their game in a while...
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

I have a solution(god I am going to regret this)but just flash cart a pokemon gold/sliver(didnt hear it from me)

batteries dead, no way to fix.

SO many threads about this. It's dead, but you can fix it.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=28719419

scroll down to the seventh post

There REALLY should be a sticky about this.

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

That happened to my Yeller Version.I'm surprised it lasted this long.The battery (according to Nintendo) should have died two years ago.But now I got sapphire.BTW:Try a rom.I don't use them,but I heard you can keep them for a couple of days if you have the real game.

You know what's weird. All my versions still save. I'm am freaking out a bit now. I own one of every version and they all still save.

I told my brother about the battery situation and he freaked out. He grabbed my Pokemon Stadium 2 (which I rarely use these days) and stored ALL his best Pokemon in it. Now all he has in his Silver version are magikarps. I asked him what's he going to play then and he said he'll play his advance versions now without worry about his old team. Though I do know for a fact that the Nintendo 64 cartridges use batteries aswell to save but I guess he does have a point.

Pokemon Stadium 2 doesn't have a clock so the battery isn't being used constantly and I rarely ever use it so it won't be saving often. I do use it enough though so not using it for long periiods isn't really a problem.=P

Though I haven't done it with my Pokemon due to the fact that I'm no longer attached to them. I'm more attached to my gameboy Advance Pokemon actually. Besides that I think being able to use my well trained Pokemon to the bitter end in my old version is better than not using them and storing them like my brother has done.

Put together by me.

*starts to cry* i guess the same doom is goin to hapen to my crystal version....
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)