Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: The Pirates of the Caribbean Club

Haha, don't worry, I ironically at first thought Jack said the very same thing you thought he said. ^_^;
    The classic attraction is back at Disneyland & Disneyworld.

Co-Owner of the SPPf Pirates Of The Caribbean Club! Join and discover how dead men DO tell tales.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...wpost&t=129500

I didn't notice Jack said that . I sorta heard it, but didn't catch it.

I thought the best line in the trailer was, "Four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeded." Made me laugh.

I saw the longer version of the trailer yesterday when I went to see 300. It gave me goosebumps o__o''

And me and my friend were confused. I think we need to watch DMC again, because we both have no idea why they're need to save Jack - Or atleast why Liz is participating, anyway.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up! There's a longer version of the trailer floating around somewhere? O_o;
    Haha, I know what you mean, about getting Jack back. Though Elizabeth possibly is feeling the guilt within for what she did to him. Possibly.

Amazingly, Disney is allowing everyday normal folks to attend the massive red carpet premiere at Disneyland! Though it costs $1,500 per ticket.
    Its all going to charity apparently, and tickets supposedly are running out fast, if they haven't already. Geez that's ALOT of money to pay for one person though.

Co-Owner of the SPPf Pirates Of The Caribbean Club! Join and discover how dead men DO tell tales.

^ Maybe Johnny Depp will be offering back rubs to the guests.

Hey as long as Keira Knightley is doing the same, I wouldn't be complaining.
    Oh wow, that's a first coming from me. Innuendo alert! LOL

Wow, THIS JUST IN. PotC 3 will be At LEAST 170 minutes long if not more (most likely it will be longer). COMPARE that to Dead Man's Chest, which was 140 minutes long. Folks, prepare for a LONG voyage.

Can I join?

Spoiler:

Oh, by the way, I want to be a Pirate.
    Last edited by Umby; 30th April 2007 at 6:20 PM.
    Long live rock 'n' roll.

Can i join potc is the greatest movie of all time i wanna be a pirate
    I am the Scyther King No can compare to his almighty power he is undefeated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaRob View Post
    Wow, THIS JUST IN. PotC 3 will be At LEAST 170 minutes long if not more (most likely it will be longer). COMPARE that to Dead Man's Chest, which was 140 minutes long. Folks, prepare for a LONG voyage.
    is that good i mean one of the worse compliants of the second movie was the length they better know what there doing

I like long movies.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Of course you all can join! Not much is going on here right now, but I can already sense the flame of excitement is burning more and more as PotC 3 nears it's release.
    There's not much new going on information-wise, BUT if you do some searching(I'm not sure if I can link to this or not, that's why, lol sorry) you may find IGN's awesome video featurette on "The Pirate Lords" that will be showing up in this third installment. One of them is a Chinese woman, lol, which I think is pretty cool actually. International pirates, who would've guessed?

Some people may or may not like the 3 hour time-length for this one. It all depends who you are; there were people that actually wanted Lord Of The Rings Return Of The King to be EVEN LONGER than it already was! Wow. o_O;
    I think for a movie of this size, 3 hours will be just enough time to cover everything. Just make sure you don't drink anything until the final hour of the film or else... ye may risk needing to use the restroom badly before the movie ends! XD

Don't be too surprised if this turns out to be the most bizarre and strange Pirates Of The Caribbean film yet. We'll see just what Disney has in store for us soon enough.

I personaly don't see anythink wrong with a three hour movie, so long as it's done well. For example, The Sound of Music is just under three hours, yet I love watching it, as the film makers did an incredible job, which resulted in my being entertained for those three hours. If they can do the same for Worlds End, I'll be more then happy.

I'm glad the film's so long. A longer film means...more stuff. And I love more stuff.

o_O

Well, I'm officially bummed. I found out today that the theater where I planned on watching Worlds End (a small, one-screen theater that's been operating since the 1930's) won't be getting it on opening day. They're keeping stupid (no offence intended) Spider-Man 3 until the twenty-fourth, and then starting Shrek the Third on Pirates' opening day! And because the theater might be torn down if it doesn't get enough business, I can't even go to another theater. Now I'm going to have to wait (most likely) until early June before I can see is. I think I'm going to go cry now.

(But hey, at least now I can celebrate Star Wars' 30th anniversary properly, so I guess it's not one-hundred percent bad. Only like ninty-five percent.)

Mah, sorry about not being here like ever. Working, college and stuff y'know, only my college days are near an end and I have more time now =D

Anyways, missed alot, I will do a skim of the club and add members to the list ^_^

=O I got a Barbossa banner from work too, one of the big drop down ones from the cinema ^_^ I would have Jack Sparrow...but Grant took him ¬_¬

*sigh*

Ah well, can't win 'em all XP

Quote Originally Posted by Fez the Mysfit Elf View Post
    Well, I'm officially bummed. I found out today that the theater where I planned on watching Worlds End (a small, one-screen theater that's been operating since the 1930's) won't be getting it on opening day. They're keeping stupid (no offence intended) Spider-Man 3 until the twenty-fourth, and then starting Shrek the Third on Pirates' opening day! And because the theater might be torn down if it doesn't get enough business, I can't even go to another theater. Now I'm going to have to wait (most likely) until early June before I can see is. I think I'm going to go cry now.
    You're KIDDING me! O_O;
    Aw, that's horrible! I can't believe they wouldn't be showing one of THE biggest films of 2007 on its opening day! Goodness I feel so bad for you. I would be so upset myself. o_o;
    I wish you good luck though, and wow, don't cry now! ^_^;

Shadowyfaithy! You're back! ^_^ (Okay okay, that nickname just doesn't have that same ring it did last summer, lol) That's so amazing, you're getting freebies already!
    Goodness if I haven't been active enough here, lol, so I'm to blame because I've actually had the free time to post more often. ^_^;
    In all seriousness its very nice to see you again. ^_^ Good gravy I was just about to have RD withdrawel. lol (yes yse, I can't get over ye olde nickname from back in time) XD

Omega, you're right. This movie IS gonna have ALOT of "stuff", lol.

Okay okay BIG news!
    http://soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=231
    ^They got an advance copy of the Pirates At World's End soundtrack CD from Disney, and put up 30 second samples from EVERY track from the movie.
    I obviously had a listen in and all I've gotta say is if the movie is even half as good as the musical score is, then it is going to be EPIC. I kid you not.

The musical score for the film immediately blows the other 2 films' scores OUT OF THE WATER. Its much much more powerful and features a new original song that integrates itself throughout the score. It all sounds AMAZING, and it sounds MUCH different than before. That's what happens when not only Hans Zimmer is scoring this, but 4 other composers as well. Do yourself a favor; if you're not hyped yet. Chances are after listening, you WILL be.

I highly recommend listening to tracks 3, 1, 4, 5, 10, and 11, starting with number 3! The old ElizabethxWill love theme is now scrapped with a MUCH more moving and powerful number Track 3 and it sounds amazing. Not to worry, those that were fond of some of the bigger themes from DMC and CotBP, as those make its appearace when appropriate in the musical score. ^_^

One more week guys. Strap yourselves in for the ride of your lives, lol. ^__^ [/excited]
    Last edited by MegaRob; 18th May 2007 at 7:49 AM.

I literally JUST got back from seeing At World's End, I'm actually at a loss for words.

I don't really want to get into it much since it doesn't appear as though anyone else has seen it, but rest assured, the film is absolutely brilliant.

Heh heh, old school Raging Dragon =D Yes I'm back lol ^_^ *Huggles*

Saw worlds end on Friday...soundtrack was awesome...the movie...well it was watchable. I have to say it didn't live up to the hype. I won't be saying anymore at the moment lol

All in all, a good watch =]

Reallyyyyy?
    Well, as much as the first film is STILL number 1 in my book, I think At World's End was an improvement over Dead Man's Chest and a step back in a few ways as well. The ending for obvious reasons was infinitely better however.
    And as I posted in the Entertainment board's thread for the film:

If a 4th film were to be made, chances are Gore Verbinski won't be on board to direct. Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann will most likely (for numerous reasons) not be part of the plot either, which either way makes sense considering the way things turned out by the end of this 3rd installment.

I kinda don't want them to continue on however. Best to go out without driving things too much into the ground.

I love how most that either haven't been on any of the PotC rides at the Disney theme parks or just don't remember much about them, will have a certain scene's signifigance fly over their heads.
    Hint: The massive waterfall plunge into darkness and the explosion of assorted sound effects and voices that occur in the pitch black-ness... lol. XD

And Barbossa's lines before it happens. Mwaha, it put a smile on my face for sure. ^_^

I have much to say about this one. I'm just surprised that everybody's AWOL at the moment, lol. Apparently this one didn't do as well as Dead Man's Chest for the box-office opening weekend (I CALLED IT! I CALLED IT OVER A YEAR AGO! lol) but PLEASE! That is an understatement! Chances are if you're walking down a street, SOMEBODY around you has seen this movie.

They sang the classic "Yo Ho (A Pirates' Life For Me)" song many times, so I'm beyond pleased. ^__^
    I loved the other references to the ride, but its a shame the bayou didn't appear this time. Our primary villains deserved more justifiable deaths for all of the horror and pain they've caused. I disliked the "Attack Of The 50 Foot Tall Woman" segment, lol, it was just... well, to say the least... over the top. XD

The series has to end now before its too late though. Notice how much different this one is from the first? Well, at least some old friends from the 1st film returned... Too bad none of them were Anna Maria. -__-;

I need thoughts my fellow crewmembers! XD
    Oh! And the Tom Sawyer's Island transformation overhaul at Disneyland to "Pirates' Lair At Tom Sawyer's Island" debuted the other day to coincide with the release of At World's End. XD
    Last edited by MegaRob; 28th May 2007 at 9:27 AM.

They sang the classic "Yo Ho (A Pirates' Life For Me)" song many times, so I'm beyond pleased. ^__^
    Especially in Liz's first appearance in Singapore. I thought that was very cool - Along with the entire Singapore sequence ("Go ahead, kill him, he's not one of my men, either." lol).

I disliked the "Attack Of The 50 Foot Tall Woman" segment, lol, it was just... well, to say the least... over the top. XD
    SAME. I expected her to turn into some crazy sea monster...lady. But instead we get gigantic Tia Dalma. And our theories of Tia being Davy's lost love were true, which had me scream out "I KNEW IT!" in the cinema.

Favourite parts? Peasant...things singing Yo Ho at the gallows, Singapore ("More steam!"..I like quoting parts from the Singapore bit, for some reason >: ), Jack's duplicates (I loved it when he pulled his brain out and licked it), and his scenes with the crab-rock in the Locker, and, ofcourse, the two ships in the maelstrom. That scene was absolutely awesome, though I still don't understand how Davy and Jack could balance on that mast, in the rain, while the boat was on an angle...but oh well >_>

I also thought that Barbossa's contribution to the Nine Peices of Eight being that dude's wooden eye (I forget his name >: ) was really cool. Don't know why, it just was.

Parts I didn't like?
        Spoiler:- Big spoiler?:
    Last edited by Omega Pirate; 28th May 2007 at 2:31 PM.

It was an improvment from the second intallment, but there were a few parts that could have done way better and in my oppinion there were way too many characters and Will's alliance was also confusing lol. But I wasn't happy that they killed off one of my favourite characters...though I deffinantly saw it coming. The soundtrack as I said was amazing and I just ordered it lol, but characters such as     Spoiler:
    died way too easily ;-; The whole Calypso thing...well that confused me and was unecissary in my opinion, it DID go over the top.

Barbossa on the other hand, MAY have outdone Jack's part in the movie. I have to say that they did a great job on Barbossa's coming back to life and maintaining his rivalry with Jack =D He may have played more of a part than Jack in the movie, one thing I noticed is that the movie centered mroe around Will and Elizabeth than Jack and Barbossa.

...all in all: Barbossa = My fave character in World's end.
    Last edited by Shadowfaith; 28th May 2007 at 2:32 PM.

You're KIDDING me! O_O;
    Aw, that's horrible! I can't believe they wouldn't be showing one of THE biggest films of 2007 on its opening day! Goodness I feel so bad for you. I would be so upset myself. o_o;
    I wish you good luck though, and wow, don't cry now! ^_^;
    Thanks for your sympathy, but I'm happy to say that my parents shocked and surprised me (but in a good way) Friday by taking my siblings and I to a matinee screening of AWE. (I'm shocked and surprised because the only theater my parents ever want to go to is the one I mentioned earlier, since they simply love it to much. I guess my mothers love for Pirates out-weighed her love for the theater. ^_^)

I'm certainly glad she couldn't wait the full week+, because At Worlds End was simply amazing. Deffinately worthy of holding its own against the other two installments, and actually passing Dead Mans Chest in terms of greatness.

There were a few parts I didn't like,     Spoiler:
    but not nearly enough to hurt the movie in any way in my eyes.

And I agree with everyone who says Barbossa was the best character in the movie. I loved him in the first one, so I was incredibly happy about the last scene of DMC, which didn't go to waste for this film.

Oh, and I'm not really the kind of person who laughs out loud when he sees something funny, yet this movie got me going several times. The Singapore pirate with the frozen toe was hilarious (I have a sick sense of humor, I know.), and the Jack hallucinations got me laughing several times.

And I loved Jack. (The monkey, that is. I just thought I'd put that out there.)

9/10 stars.

Can I join the club because my favourite movie is POTC and im going to watch POTC 3 tomorrow! I want to be a pirate! =P
    Last edited by DennikinC; 16th June 2007 at 11:48 AM.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031