Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Contestshpping, R) The Trial

Default (Contestshpping, R) The Trial

Okay, before you spam about how much I suck after reading this, hear me out: This is my first attempt at writing a shipping fic, and it's NOT your normal contestshipping fic. The R rating is for eventual violence and sexual assault. So no, it doesn't stand for rocket. Oh, and I don't really know what goes on during court or most about punishments, so I guessed. (Maybe I should takes Law in grade 12. . . .) Anyway, here it is.

<>

Drew’s day started like any other. At least, until the middle of his training session. Then the phone call came from the Kanto Regional Police Department. After Drew made a large protest saying he did nothing wrong, the chief of police simply stated he was needed at court. The chief wouldn’t go into details. Drew reluctantly agreed.

Taking a short ride to the Viridian Court House, it took a while for him to find that fancy suit his mother had sent him (he wondered “When the hell am I ever going to wear this?”), but did find it and put it on.

Arriving, he was lead into the courtroom, with several other people he either didn’t know, or did know, but didn’t pay much attention to. A few people did catch his interest out of the corner of his eye: May’s traveling companions Ash, his Pikachu, Brock, and Max. May was nowhere to be seen. He wondered where May was, and wanted to ask them what was going on, but they seemed in shock and anguish enough already, especially Max, so he figured not to ask.

More people came in when he noticed May, but something wasn’t quite right with her: her hands covering a red face, and she didn’t look like she was about to remove them any time soon. Drew never really saw her cry before, although he just wanted to run up to her and try to comfort her, not only did he not know what was going on, but her parents and a lawyer were beside her.

Everyone was seated into their proper areas when Harley entered the room, noting that he had his own lawyer, and a few police officers with him, ready for action.

Whispers could be heard all over the courtroom. Most of it was “what’s gonna happen?” and what not, but Drew overheard “She’s such a sweet girl!”

Finally, the judge, in his heavy black court robe, entered and took his spot. Raising his hammer and slamming it to its place, the room became dead silent.

“Court in session!” his heavy voice echoed.

“So, Harley, from what I’ve heard and what I’ve received, you’ve been convicted of raping May. Is this true?”

Drew felt his stomach tie itself into a knot, and the air from his lungs escape. He froze in his spot, motionless.

Harley shook his head, “No.”

“THAT’S A LIE!” Norman, May’s father, roared across the room, slamming his fist into the table and ignoring his wife’s pleas to sit down. This also caused most of the room to be in the mood for gossip.

“YOU DID MORE THAN THAT! YOU VIOLATED HER! YOU ROBBED HER OF HER INNOCENSE! YOU . . .” Norman started before the judge repeatedly whacked his hammer. The room was once again silent.

“Harley, do you honestly think that simply saying no would make you innocent and remove all charges?” the judge asked him.

“Well. ..Yess. ..” Harley answered, shrugging his shoulders. By the tone of his voice, it seemed that he actually enjoyed raping May, but only Drew caught that detail.

Everything else that happened during the court was a blur. Drew knew at first glance that Harley was never up to any sort of good to May, and that he humiliated her on several occasions.

But now he did this.

The judge requested that a witness come up and tell about what had happened, Ash stepped up, after asking May if it was alright to tell, in which she replied with a weak nod. Pikachu still remained on his shoulder.

“Everything that night was perfectly normal. But when we went to wake her up in the morning, we found her with her hands tied behind her back, and her mouth had been sealed shut with duct tape.” He explained.

A few people gasped, but Drew could only narrow his eyebrows in disgust, his hands tightening into curled fists.

Ash continued, “She woke up pretty much when we noticed that her undergarments were bloody after we removed the rope binding her hands and the duct tape. Then she became hysterical, begging us to stay away from her, and actually trying to hit us to get us away. She kept screaming and screaming until the staff at the Pokemon center dialed 911. At the hospital, she finally calmed down and admitted everything.”

“The hospital staff immediately called the police. When the police were searching for Harley, they called May’s parents back in Petalburg City. When her father was told, everything became a nightmare.” He sighed, hand over his face in fear long gone.

The judge coughed, “Thank you. You may sit down now.” He said to Ash, who took the hint that what he said was all he needed to hear.

Several other people were called up to give information that everyone wanted to hear: With most things they admitted, there were objections from the lawyers of both sides, but it was clear that Harley was guilty. Even though Drew knew quite a bit on Harley’s actions towards May, he was too disgusted with the matter at hand to come up and give what he knew.

The time when the jury left to conform their decisions was the longest and worst time to be waiting. It caused everyone to speculate amongst themselves. Drew snuck up next to the door leading to the jury’s room. Placing his cupped ear to the door, he tried to overhear what they were saying. The door had thick wood and was very heavy, so it was hard to tell what was being said.

“He’s guilty! All the evidence points to him, and what he says doesn’t match up.” He barely managed to hear a woman say, with most, if not all, of the jury coming to one, solid agreement with her. After hearing that, Drew left.

His hands were in his pockets in the usual fashion, but his eyes were closed, and his face made no attempt to hide his anger towards Harley.

“Damn it.” He mentally cursed to himself. He quietly left the courtroom, but within hearing distance.

“The jury has found Harley guilty of rape and sexual assualt of a minor.” His hammer slammed. “Punishment for that is 15 years in prison. Also, both your trainer license and your pokemon will be confiscated until your sentence has been done.”

“What?!” Harley exclaimed. The police officers nearby had removed his pokeballs from his person, and handed it to the judge.

“My buddies!”

“Try to escape prison, and you won’t be seeing any of them again.” His face became harsh with his heavy voice.

While the police officers banded Harley’s hands behind his back with cuffs, the judge continued, “May will be receiving psychiatric counseling.” He continued his speech, but Drew didn’t pay attention to that.

Norman didn’t look pleased, “I still think he should get the death penalty.” He muttered, with Caroline placing her hands on her hips, “Dear!”

After Drew made a quiet exit from the courthouse after hearing about Harley’s sentence, he was stomping his way through the crowds, some of whom were wondering what he was angry about, as it was quite obvious he was. His walk was like a rush, and a very forceful rush at that!

Finally, he had gotten to an isolated section of Viridian City, where nothing was disturbing the silence. Except maybe his Roselia popping out of its ball. After the red glow diminished, it looked at its trainer, curious to know what had made Drew give off the anger it sensed from him.

“Damn it. . .” he muttered. His fists weakly shook, then suddenly forming a fist and punching a nearby oak tree, with some its bark flying off and marked what remained with cracks. Taillows had flown off the shaken branches.

“Damn it all you *******!!” he cursed out loud while he punched, after which his breathing came as slow panting.

Roselia took a step back. In all the time it knew Drew, from when he started out to now, it never saw him this angry.

The only light available from the outside was coming in through a small, open window. The scenery it showed was constantly changing, as the police truck bringing Harley to his imprisonment was going on a long, dirt road to a high-security prison. Currently Harley was fidgeting with his handcuffs, which were now placed with his hands in front of him.

Something had quickly shot in, landing on the wall and snagging a few strands of Harley’s long, purple hair.

“AH! My hair!!” he screamed. Although the drivers had heard him, they simply thought he was acting up, and didn’t bother to check on him.

“Ow.. .I must’ve lost about three hairs!” Harley whimpered, but then he saw what had come in.

A rose was currently stuck to the metal wall with its sharp tip supporting it in place, its red, soft, silky petals falling to cold floor, one by one.

When Harley reached for it, upon touch, he immediately recalled his hands, “OW! OW! Thorns!!”

After the pain had gone away, he grabbed the part of the stem lacking thorns, and seeing that there was a note attached to it, he tore it off, and let the delicate flower fall to the ground. He read the note, and looked it over twice, then chuckled to himself.

The note had read: “You are not getting away with what you did to May.”

There was no signature following the text, but judging by choice of the flower, he knew who had written it.

“Ah May, your knight in shining armor, racing to rescue you, the damsel in distress,” he said to himself, “but alas, your knight is too late. The damage has already been done, and there’s nothing he can do now.” He finished with a smirk.

<>
    Go ahead and comment, critique, and offer suggestions as you please. Any help is appreciated.

Due to demand, the PM list. Note that this is subject to change:
    Torchic23
    ~Cecilia~
    UmbreonMaster
    ~!Mudkip Kitteh!~
    EasilyAmusedUmbreon
    CuteDrew667
    Swampert00
    shervin
    Raine-kou
    Haruka Kinomiya
    Last edited by Fofa; 9th November 2006 at 6:56 AM.
    Xatu's FireRed Pokedex states: "In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past." This is the Pokemon world. South America doesn't exist!

I'm here too. . .DeviantArt Account

Read my fanfic! The Trial
    Contestshipping, R rated

Hmm, an interesting plot so far, I like it! Drew was so cute, he cares for May ^^

And speaking of May, jeez, poor girl.......

I can't wait to see what happens next, if you were ever to make a PM list (Hint) please add me. I have trouble keeping an eye on fics.

Nice, but why was Shuu sent to court? O.o He wasn't involved in anything...right? xP

And Haarii raped Haruka? *hits him on the head* >:O

And why is Shuu going to do to Haarii? I wonder what...Hm...And I agree with Norman. Haarii should get death penalty. :P

Overall, nice work! ^_^ How you did the...uh...court thingy(sp?) was pretty exact like the real one, and I know that 'cause I watch alot of the law shows. xDDD; But you must give evidence, not just uh...

I don't know. xD Can't wait for next chapter, anyway. Nice story for the first try! ^_^

If you make a PM List, add me please! ^_^
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

O_O! Wow. . .I would've expected to get much less appraisal for this.

To clear a few things:
    1. Drew was originally summoned to court because he knew a lot about Harley's treatment to May, but he was too disgusted to come up.
    2. I didn't give the evidence because a) it would've taken more pages in my word document (I'm lazy), and b) I didn't know what to put. ^^; I've never been to court myself. . .

But. . .wow. Might as well start the next chapter when I get home (I'm at a computer camp right now, though I don't get home until around 5. . ), and make a PM list. .. (Now if only Encyclopika could see this. )
    Xatu's FireRed Pokedex states: "In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past." This is the Pokemon world. South America doesn't exist!

Contestshipping, R rated

Wow this isn't that bad. It's actually pretty good. I always thought Harley was capable of something like that. *lol*

Oh And if you make a PM list could ya add me?
    Thanks Bonemerang for the great user bar!

Paired With: Skiks! *Hugs* and [Cano] your both awesome!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Fofa
    After Drew made a large protest saying he did nothing wrong, the chief of police simply stated he was needed at court. The chief wouldn’t go into details. Drew reluctantly agreed.
    I'm a future law school student so I know a thing or two about court and such. This first part is good, but I believe if someone is called into court, they are told what exactly they are being called in for.

“So, Harley, from what I’ve heard and what I’ve received, you’ve been convicted of raping May. Is this true?”
    Heh, I don't think the Judge "heard" about it; he's probably read extensive files on this case all ready. Something more like "Harley -(last name)-, you have been convicted of the crime of rape and assault in the -(number)- degree. What is your plea?"

Drew felt his stomach tie itself into a knot, and the air from his lungs escape. He froze in his spot, motionless.
    This is a very good description; it's very cannon and doesn't hint at contestshipping, though it does show that Drew cares a LOT about May. Awwww.

The judge requested that a witness come up and tell about what had happened, Ash stepped up, after asking May if it was alright to tell, in which she replied with a weak nod. Pikachu still remained on his shoulder.
    When the judge requests a witness (unless the pokemon world is a whole lot different, lol), he/she asks one of the counselors (lawyers) who they call to the stand. If I'm thinking correctly, the prosecutor (May's lawyer) will go first and will call to the stand who he/she thinks would make a good witness for May's case, then the defense attourney (Harley's lawyer) will make a cross examination (or will ask his/her own questions) to that witness until he/she has no further questions. This will go on until the prosecutor doesn't have any more witnesses, and then the defense attourney will call his/her own witnesses to the stand. If Drew was asked to appear in court as a witness, he may or may not have been asked to approach the stand depending on how strong it made either side's argument. My guess is that his argument wouldn't have been that strong since he only knows Harley, and wasn't there on the night of the rape incident.

Ash continued, “She woke up pretty much when we noticed that her undergarments were bloody after we removed the rope binding her hands and the duct tape. Then she became hysterical, begging us to stay away from her, and actually trying to hit us to get us away. She kept screaming and screaming until the staff at the Pokemon center dialed 911. At the hospital, she finally calmed down and admitted everything.”

“The hospital staff immediately called the police. When the police were searching for Harley, they called May’s parents back in Petalburg City. When her father was told, everything became a nightmare.” He sighed, hand over his face in fear long gone.
    Here when you're using the same character that's speaking, you want to delete the last quotation mark from the first paragraph to show that he's not done speaking. So it would read the same, but like this:

Ash continued, “She woke up pretty much when we noticed that her undergarments were bloody after we removed the rope binding her hands and the duct tape. Then she became hysterical, begging us to stay away from her, and actually trying to hit us to get us away. She kept screaming and screaming until the staff at the Pokemon center dialed 911. At the hospital, she finally calmed down and admitted everything.

Several other people were called up to give information that everyone wanted to hear: With most things they admitted, there were objections from the lawyers of both sides, but it was clear that Harley was guilty. Even though Drew knew quite a bit on Harley’s actions towards May, he was too disgusted with the matter at hand to come up and give what he knew.
    Again, people don't usually (I say usually because I'm almost 100% certain) volunteer without a counselor's consent to testify.

Currently Harley was fidgeting with his handcuffs, which were now placed with his hands in front of him.
    Something had quickly shot in, landing on the wall and snagging a few strands of Harley’s long, purple hair.

“AH! My hair!!” he screamed. Although the drivers had heard him, they simply thought he was acting up, and didn’t bother to check on him.

“Ow.. .I must’ve lost about three hairs!” Harley whimpered, but then he saw what had come in.

A rose was currently stuck to the metal wall with its sharp tip supporting it in place, its red, soft, silky petals falling to cold floor, one by one.

The note had read: “You are not getting away with what you did to May.”

There was no signature following the text, but judging by choice of the flower, he knew who had written it.[/QUOTE]

Haha, Harley would worry about his hair. :P Poor May. I'm so glad she's got Drew! He's soooo sweet.

For a first-time fanfic, this is very good. Much better than my own first fanfic...*mumbles about how bad it was* Lol.

First two by the amazing Teppo Pepper The far right one from Pokemon Source
        Spoiler:- MayxDrew AshxMisty PikachuxPokechow:

Read My Fanfics:
    No Coincidence , Just Beyond The City Walls

Like I said, I never went to court or did anything along those lines, so I wrote what I came up with. Guess I'm learning more about the court system than I ever cared to know, and stuff like punishment from the law interests me (court doesn't. Maybe I should get Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. ^^; )

Contestshipping, R rated

wow, I'm kinda suprised at Harley's actions. (Harley fan) I really like this fic though, good amount of description though I would like to know more on how this all happened.
    "Y'all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die." -Alaska Young (Looking For Alaska)

Contestshipping
    <3
    Andrew James Vivelo
    eleven.six.oheight

Oh my jeez. Haarii did that??? Poor Haruka! I have to agree with ~Cecilia~ that the court scene was very realistic... XD

LOL. Very easy to see Haarii worrying about his hair.

“Damn it all you *******!!” he cursed out loud while he punched, after which his breathing came as slow panting.
    It seems... OOC for Shuu to be swearing like that... then again, I don't know much about his personality...

Over all, this was very good, for it being your first fic. If there's a PM list, please add me!

Over and out, Everyone's weird pal,

~!Mudkip Kitteh!~ (Kitteh)

I don't know anything about court or anything like that either.
    But I really liked this, especially seeing how much Drew cares about May. =] It's cute!
    I can't wait till the next chapter!

Like I said, I never went to court or did anything along those lines, so I wrote what I came up with. Guess I'm learning more about the court system than I ever cared to know, and stuff like punishment from the law interests me (court doesn't. Maybe I should get Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. ^^; )
    I'm not trying to demean you by any means, but the more you research a topic, the stronger your story is. I'm an English and Psychology major (emphasis on law and research) and took an English class on research last year, and it was required that I had a 10 page minimum bibliography for an original creative short story. Mine ended up somewhere around 12, but you see what I'm saying here. I'm not saying you should do 12 pages of bibliography work (for a fanfic that would be silly. :P) but it will make your writing stronger if you do look up certain things. I'm only trying to help.

Read My Fanfics:

I always do research as well. .. .but most of what I did turned up blank. . . I had a hard time finding the penalty for rape. :|

Despite whay you may think, I really appreciate the help. It helps me get better in the long run.
    Last edited by Fofa; 15th July 2006 at 6:24 AM.

Contestshipping, R rated

I always do research as well. .. .but most of what I did turned up blank. . . I had a hard time finding the penalty for rape. :|

Despite whay you may think, I really appreciate the help. It helps me get better in the long run.
    Yeah, the information is probably in much more specified searches. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to message me. I'd be happy to help.

Read My Fanfics:

Well, it's a little ironic 'cause that's the only court scene in the fic. ^^;

I managed to get a huge portion of chapter 2 done.

Contestshipping, R rated

Here's chapter 2, and a little asterisk break guide:
    * = dream/memory sequence
    ** = scene change
    *** = time change

<>

Seven days and seven nights. Seven days since Harley had received his sentence, and seven nights since Drew began to see his recurring nightmare.

Volbeats and Illumise were hovering in the nighttime sky, showing off their beautiful and wondrous light patterns. The stars were shining brightly to accompany them. There were only a few lights that remained throughout the city.

A gentle breeze blew around, lightly lifting the curtains of windows that remained open. The moonlight came in through those windows and gave a serene feeling to those who saw it.

To a single Roselia that sat alone on the bathed carpet, the moonlight was the only comfort it saw. Turning its head to the direction of the bed, it saw Drew lying motionless under the comforter. Ever since his nightmares began, the Roselia started to remain awake at the late hours of the night, as to not be so startled when he woke up, sometimes screaming someone’s name, mainly May’s.

Drew was silent with even breathing, but began to shudder, which his Roselia knew all too well what it meant: the nightmare had come.

Opening his eyes, he felt himself hung onto the wall, nails hammered onto the empty gaps of his clothes. He tugged his arms, but to no success. Then he tried to get his feet out of that predicament, but with the same result.

The background was pitch black, like an empty abyss. This alone told Drew that it was a dream, like any other he had. But there was an object that isolated itself from the darkness with its white color: a bed.

Suddenly, a door opened allowing a pale yellow shine to enter, but the light soon transformed into the matching black color.

Harley had entered, with his regular Cacturne attire, carrying an unconscious May over his shoulder. Plopping her onto the bed, he grabbed some duct tape and a rope. He began by first placing the duct tape over her lips, then tightly binding her hands together behind her back.

He discarded his hat afterwards, landing on a soft spot on the floor. Then came his coat and shirt, and then he started on May, taking off her shorts.

Drew could feel his blood intensely boiling, and his body getting tense everywhere, “Stay away from her!” he tried to shout at Harley, but in vain, as with all the other previous tries, he could not be heard.

After removing her plain undergarments and shorts, he unzipped her coat, showing off her abdomen. After that, she awoke. Her eyes jolted open, finding the duct tape covering her mouth and where her hands were.

Then her head turned up to see Harley, who saw her, as he was about to undo and remove his pants. She cowered and shrunk herself in fear, trying to get away from him.

But he cornered her. His body was hanging over hers, with a dark, looming shadow over top.

“Move away from her!” Drew tried to roar to Harley. He began to thrash and rampage even further through his prison, trying everything he could, even removing his arms from his sleeves, but wound up hanging almost upside down due to the nails struck down on his pant legs.

In an attempt to defend herself, she tried to kick him, aiming towards his pelvis, but he simply used the corresponding leg to block her. She tried again with the other foot, but he did the same maneuver again. She couldn’t move; he simply overpowered her. Her eyes widened again, large tears forming behind them.

“That’s right,” he whispered, “You’re gonna pay for all you did.”

“Harley! Stop it!! NOW!!” Drew began to frantically yell at the top of his lungs.

“Now then. ..” Harley muttered, placing one of his hands on May’s breasts (which May jump up in fright), while having the other remove his pants and Cacturne underwear. After removing his last articles of clothing, his legs forced hers away from her waist, leaving a wide opening. Her hysterical screaming was partially muted by the tape, though it was still loud.

“MAAAAAYYYY!!!!” Drew finally screamed.

Drew gasped, and instantly rose up. He woke up sweating with fright and fear over May. He placed his hand over his face, not caring whether or not his hair fell over, or that his hand would catch his sweat. The alarmed Roselia rushed over to its trainer, as any loyal pokemon would. It stopped at his side, concern overwhelming itself, physically and emotionally.

“No. . . .Not again. . .Not the horror.” He quietly muttered. He resumed trying to calm himself down with deep breaths. His body began to shake, perhaps shivering from the cold breezes entering the room (in which case his light pajamas didn’t help much), but it was more likely to be fear.

“Why. . .” he began, “Why does this keep happening?!” He was almost at the verge of tears, but quickly gained composure. The sweating seemed to stop, and wiped off what remained with his sleeve. He slowly descended himself onto his back, taking back his comforter over his body and resting his head over his pillow.

Roselia stayed a while longer, hoping to stay until Drew fell asleep. The nightmare would only occur once a night, so when it was done its torture, it would not come again for the rest of the night. It kept its eye on him for the next hour, knowing that Drew always took at least an hour before going to sleep.

Drew tried to keep his eyes open while he kept thinking to himself. He began tossing and turning every twenty minutes. He muttered something to himself before his eyelids remained over his eyes, “If I knew this was gonna happen.. . I would’ve protected you. . .”

Waiting a few more minutes, Roselia decided to get some sleep itself. Tapping its foot to its pokeball, it withdrew itself into its empty space, where it hoped to be able to sleep without being disturbed.

It seemed that the morning sun had arrived later than it should have. It had to strike itself through the thick rain clouds hovering in the sky. A gentle rainfall came over Viridian City, turning the sky into partially gray and cloudy and partial sunshine.

Although Drew was normally an early riser (his idea of sleeping in was 9 o’clock), after the nightmares came, he began to sleep in to the afternoon’s earliest hours. Hearing the loud chirping of the Pidgeys and Spearows made Drew want to send out Flygon just to shut them up, but decided against it.

Forcing himself to move out of comforter, his arms supported himself on his knees while he stared at his pillow for a few seconds. He closed his eyes after a minute had passed, while he was motionless, like a statue. Finally, he decided to get out of bed and get dressed.

The kitchen of the hotel he was currently staying at was busy, having even more tourists than normal. People crowded over the tables, as if the breakfast was a banquet. Most people usually took the standard cereal, or something more fancy, like French toast, or Pancakes. Drew however, only took two slices of standard toast, light amounts of margarine evenly spread around it. He took a seat at the far-off corner, isolated and alone, just like how he felt.

He could only eat about a few bites of the toasted slice of bread, when he would put it down, having lost his appetite in exchange for thought. He didn’t even notice Saori come up to him until she sat in the seat opposite to him.

“Drew, it’s morning you sleepy head. Have you been going to bed late?” She giggled at first, but was then set in serious tone, setting down her plate of pancakes, maple syrup, and her mug of herbal tea.

“Huh. . ?” Drew snapped back into reality, finally setting his eyes into Saori’s.

Finishing a bite of her meal, she asked, “Drew, you seem lost in thought. Is something wrong?”

Looking off into the distance, he muttered, “No.”

Taking a few more bites and a sip of her tea, Saori replied, “Drew, don’t lie. You’re not good at it. Besides, it doesn’t suit you.”

He turned his head back to his toast, managing to eat a little more of it.

There was a pause between the two of them, when Saori broke it after finishing off her food, “What happened?”

He was about to munch on his toast, finishing it off, but put it back on the table, “I’d rather not talk about it.”

Saori was almost halfway down her tea now, “Drew, it looks like this is really bothering you. How long have you been like this?”

Drew sighed, “A week.”

“A week. . .” she muttered, setting down her mug, her hands around its warm base. She then resumed drinking it, officially finished with her breakfast.

Drew, now done with his first slice of toast, he picked up the other one, and went out the door, in a very quiet fashion. Saori almost didn’t notice, but she had one eye open on him. She couldn’t help herself; she really wanted to know what was bothering him.

Drew stared at his reflection in the pond. Small, rain droplets came into it at certain intervals, creating a repeating ripple. The look on his face was completely neutral, except for his eyes. They were filled with thought, anger, and depression all at once.

“Harley’s in jail. . His pokemon and license has been confiscated, so I can’t battle him. But if I try to kill him, there’s a chance I might get caught and sent to prison myself. . .I don’t know what I should—“

Then he heard some footsteps disturb his thinking, and he knew who was making them.

“Saori, I know you’re there.” He said.

She emerged herself from the background of the forest. Although she didn’t hide in the environment very well, she had a tendency to sneak on you.

“Drew, you have to tell me what’s wrong. Did something happen?” she politely requested.

He sighed, and lowered his defenses. It was useless to hide things from her. There was just this mysterious part of her that knew something was wrong, and she had this way of getting what she wanted to hear from you.

“May. . .” he whispered.

“May?” she repeated, “Did something happen to her?”

Drew than shot an angry look at her, “May was raped, okay?!”

Saori’s eyes widened in pure shock and fear. Her hands tightened over her stomach as she motioned to take a step back. She could hear herself do a small gasp, both in mind and body.

“W-What?” she couldn’t believe what she had just heard.

“Harley had raped her.” Drew stated.

Saori’s hands moved to her chest, huddled together. “Harley? You mean that odd character who dressed as her? And was he found?”

“Yeah,” Drew answered her, “Now he’s in prison for 15 years without his pokemon or trainer’s license.”

Her hands returned to her sides as she looked down at her feet, “Oh. . .I see.”

Drew sighed a heavy sigh, as he turned to leave, with heavy steps. “I want to be alone.”

Saori observed him as he left. “Drew, what are you thinking?” she whispered to herself when he was out of sight.

“I can only hope that he’s not planning to do anything rash. Or worse.” She kept to herself as she too began to leave.

Caroline set down her shoes, closing the door behind her. A few steps into the kitchen, she noticed Max was watching TV.

“Max, where’s your father?” she asked him.

“He went to go drop off May at her counseling appointment.” He answered, his eyes glued to the TV set.

“Did you get the mail while we were gone?”

“No, I forgot.” Max responded.

Caroline sighed, “Alright, I’ll get it this time. But you’ll have to get it if this happens again, do I make this clear Max?”

“Yeah.” He replied.

Slipping her shoes back on, she took the silver mail key from its hook near the coat closet. The walk to the mailbox wasn’t a long one, was often enjoyable.

There were three large storages at the side of the road, with small rows of three and four numbered columns for each. With the key in hand, Caroline inserted it into the lock of the first storage’s seventh box and opened it. While normally dark in there, she saw something that wasn’t normally in anyone’s mail.

A rose.

Removing it from the dark environment, she tenderly held it in her hand, then noticing the attached letter. She gently tore the opening flap off the envelope, removing the note hidden inside, reading it.

“May, I would never hurt you. Ever.” She read aloud to herself. She then read the signature following the small body of text, and she immediately recalled whom Drew was.

“Wasn’t he that boy May spoke with at the Grand Festival in Slateport City?” she asked herself, letting her memories answer her question. Her memories also answered the question of why a rose came with the letter.

Then she began to walk back home, with both items in hand, remembering to close the mailbox door and take the key back with her.

<>

Now I have a little questionaire: How should Drew get revenge on Harley? I'm planning to have Drew try to kill him anyway, but if I like one of your ideas, I'll use that (with credit of course!).
    Last edited by Fofa; 25th August 2006 at 7:44 AM.

Contestshipping, R rated

Wow, Fofa! Good! Roselia could have calmed Shuu with Aromatherapy, but good deal anyways. I like this, keep up the good work!

~!Mudkip Kitteh!~ who's too tired to complete her review. XD

Poor Drew having those nightmares. Haha I agree with Mudkip Kitteh, Roselia should have calmed Drew down. xD
    But anyways, Im really enjoying this fic. I loved the part where Caroline found the rose with the letter in the mailbox. That was sweet.
    Ooh you might make Drew try to kill Harley for revenge? I can't come up with a better idea. Let's hope Drew doesn't go to prison though! Nooo!
    Can't wait till the next chapter!

That was a pretty disturbing nightmare Drew had, no wonder he's so upset, poor thing. But I enjoyed this chapter and can't wait for more.

Nice chapter! ^_^ Yeah, I agree too, Roselia should calm him down. Or maybe he kills Harley (Not yet, just like, um, preparing weapons and all that.) and then, Haruka or Soari (You choose) finds him acting a little strange, and when she finds out, she tries to stop Shuu, calming him down and says that Haarii got his punishment enough already.

...I seriously have a wild imagination. xDDD

But anyway, I look forward to the next chapter! ^_^
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

Quote Originally Posted by EasilyAmusedUmbreon
    That was a pretty disturbing nightmare Drew had, no wonder he's so upset, poor thing. But I enjoyed this chapter and can't wait for more.
    That's what I hoped for. Actually, I'm kinda surprised that I wrote it myself. . . . . . Then again, I wrote an assignment in 10th grade that had wolves tearing flesh off of human bodies in it. (Got a perfect mark on that.)

I'm also having a major plot twist in consideration, but I'm thinking about it first.

Contestshipping, R rated

Wow, what a chapter!

Poor Drew, what a scary dream. Unlike every one else, I think Roselia did what it could, so sweet. ^^

As for Drew trying to kill Harley, I could understand, but it's kinda OOC for Drew. Still, I understand he's really mad, so I guess he has the right to be OOC. The rose/letter thing was cute ^^

Ah, I can't wait for the next chapter! ^^

you could get drew to steal one of his octillery shaped food thingies HAHA!! ...jk... if u don't know what im talking about and don't mind being spoiled...click here -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=XlP_xodWo...on%2C%20harley

I think you should have Drew catch a Dusclops, suck out harley's soul, and suck his body into a black hole
    Edit: I'm expanding on that: Saori thinks its too harsh but May thinks it fine so they get into a fight.
    Last edited by Ranger Registeel; 21st July 2006 at 5:40 PM.
    Under construction ^_^;;

Hehe, see, told you I'd find you here. XD

Anyways, I read your story, since you mentioned it. I'm not that big of a Contestshipper (I think the pairing is cute, I'm just not that crazy about it as I am, say, Colosseumshipping), but I enjoyed this. It's sad, and I hope Drew gives Harley what for, cause he deserves it. I also find it really interesting that even though Drew and May haven't interacted yet in this story, you can still see that Drew really really cares about her. It's sweet. ^^

Um... I can't really think of anything to improve upon... And as to how Drew would get revenge on Harley, I think Drew would favor the psychological approach--trying to hurt Harley mentally as much as Harley hurt May. But I wouldn't know how... my brain's dead right now. XD

Keep up the good work! ^^

"The name's Samantha McPhoenix. And you are...?"

Pokemon Colosseum is and will always be my fandom. <3
    Claimed Nascour from Pokemon Colosseum as my bishie. The original Nascour fangirl.

~Fanfics~Fanart~Subeta~
    Sam and Joey art by Momoi.

Chapter 3 is now finished. To avoid double posting and making myself look like an idiot, I just decided to edit this post.

<>

“Caroline, is dinner ready?” Norman asked after entering the door, May following him.

Setting the timer on the oven, she replied, “No. It’ll take an hour before the meat cooks.”

“So how’d May’s session go?”

Norman sighed, “Same ol’, same ol’.”

As usual when she got home, May went up to her bedroom, with the door locked. She plopped herself onto her bed, and looked around her room. It took a while before she noticed something out of the ordinary that sat on her desk.

“What’s this?” she thought to herself. “A rose?”

Then the letter was caught at the corner of her eye. Taking it into her hands, she read it aloud to herself, just like her mother did while she was away.

“Drew. . .” she stuttered, her eyes watering up, her hands slowly trembling. Fumbling back onto her bed, she began to cry onto her pillow, the cloth soaking her tears. She sobbed Drew’s name.

“Drew. .I—I’m so sorry!” she gasped, letting her waterfall of tears, anguish, and yearning rush down her cheeks.

She clutched the rose in her hand tightly, “Where were you, back then?”

Slipping on his large, thick-framed glasses, Max took a look at the clock. It read 11:35 PM in big, green numbers.

“I’m thirsty.” He thought to himself, removing the blanket off of him, and making silent steps downstairs to the kitchen. Quietly pouring himself a drink of water, he finished it, setting it aside on the counter, wiping over his mouth with his sleeve. He was making his exit back to his room, when he overheard his parents talking.

He crept closer to the closed door, with his ear at its side.

“May is really fortunate compared to other rape victims, isn’t she?” Caroline asked her husband.

“I guess,” he responded, “She didn’t get pregnant, nor did she contract an STD. I would’ve hunted down that man myself if he gave my daughter AIDS!”

“STD? What does that stand for? Subterranean Transport Delay? No . . .” Max thought to himself, wandering what the heck that meant.

Caroline sighed, ignoring Norman’s anger, “But she might be turned off by men for the rest of her life.”

“Not that it would be a bad thing. .” Max muted a snicker to himself, rolling his eyes.

Norman sighed, “That doesn’t matter. Now she’s lost her innocence and trust, from what I heard from the counselor.”

“There goes the possibility of grandchildren . . .” Caroline pouted, with a sadness and tone of disappointment.

Looking at her oddly, Norman asked, “Where did you get that idea?”

Max tiptoed back to his room after Norman’s comment. Removing his glasses and placing them back in their case, he took the blanket over him, and tried to sleep, while trying to his question himself.

“Soup Trend Disorder? No, that can’t be it either. .”

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The repetitive motion of the nearby grandfather clock was all that kept Drew up and (barely) awake at this point. The clock read 1:52 AM. His head would slowly fall, his eyelids attempting to force him to sleep, but then he would slowly jerk back up, trying to avoid his body’s need for rest.

“No. . .I can’t sleep. I don’t want to see that nightmare again.” He thought.

Roselia sat on the floor beside the bed. Its roses were laid at their respective sides. Looking at Drew’s face, it could see the agony it was holding.

“Why can’t this just go away?” he kept repeating to himself, “If anything, Harley should be getting this pain, if he could actually feel remorse about what he’s done.”

He sighed, “If Harley gets out of jail, he could just rape her again, with a way to keep her mouth shut . . .or worse . . .”

He continued to stare at the white comforter, until his eyelids became too heavy to hold up. His vision went black, and he fell onto the bed, with his head on the soft, white pillow matching the comforter and sheets.

Roselia couldn’t understand why Drew was doing that to himself. It knew that Drew wanted to avoid that nightmare at all costs, but willing to sacrifice sleep? Last time it checked, everything had a benefit from sleep. Besides, Drew was more of an “early to bed, early to rise” kind of person.

The rose pokemon began to sleep too, and did that for a while, until Drew awakened it with his gasp. The deep breathing had remained, but Drew was barely sweating, if at all. He just stared at the palms of his hands, motionless. It was quiet for a few seconds.

“No . . . Something was different this time.” He muttered.

“Ro . . . se?” Roselia had perked up.

He closed his eyes, “I managed to get myself out of the imprisonment, and May’s eyes sparked a glint of hope. But then, Harley pulled out a small pistol, and he pulled the trigger.”

Roselia blinked. That never happened before, not in the times when Drew was shaking in fear. Not in the times that Drew couldn’t get sleep immediately afterwards. Not in the times when Drew told Roselia his personal fears with the night. Never.

“. . . What could this mean?” Drew whispered to himself before resting himself back on the bed.

The sun was high in the sky, as if it was a king in his throne. The trees and nearby objects casted shadows onto the ground, covering the green grass. There was little activity while it was in its current reign.

The largest of the shades casted was by the nearby building. In both width and length, it was humongous. Of course, keeping several hundred prisoners to atone for their crimes in one place was difficult, even with the best security Kanto had to offer. All of them were currently locked in their cells, thinking about what they had done.

A very large oak tree resting its roots deep in the earth not only provided shadows to cool down anyone who came by, but also to anyone on its large branches. The leaves all shared their vibrant green color, though it was quite easy to tell if something was hiding.

Crouched onto his stomach on the large, powerful branch, Drew laid his eye into the scope of the sniper rifle. His hands holding the gun had thick, black gloves on them, so his fingerprints or other traces wouldn’t be found. The shading of the tree also provided some nice cover, as well as his hair for camouflage.

He was taking quiet, deep breaths. The finger taking hold of the trigger was shaking. It couldn’t be helped; questions were flowing through his head: “Is this right?” “What if I get caught?” “Can I do this?”

After some thought, he swallowed his questions, and carefully aimed at the window. It took some investigating without being caught, but at least Drew figured out where exactly Harley’s cell was contained. He didn’t care how long he had to wait for Harley to sit on that bed.

“Aren’t you a little young for a gun?” A voice chimed in above and behind him.

The speech startled Drew so much that he fell off the branch, landing flat on his back. His sniper rifle followed, landing a few inches from his head, within an arm length of reach.

“Owww. . .” Drew groaned, trying to get back up. Not sooner than when his hands supported him, he looked up and saw who the voice belong to, being none other than Harley.

“Shocked, aren’t you?” Harley smirked, before Drew could verbally react.

“I’m more curious as to where you got the gun.” Harley pondered.

** (Meanwhile. . .)

“Alright, here’s da plan: As soon as James fires that sniper rifle, missing the twerps, we shoot out our net and snatch Pikachu, while we escape. They’ll be too startled by da sniper rifle to do anything!” Meowth went over to himself, as well as Jessie and James, in a whisper.

Jessie was getting ready with her retractable net gun, “Yes, and we’ll finally get that damn Pikachu!”

“Uh . . . We’ve got a problem! I can’t find the sniper rifle!” James told them, scurrying his way through their belongings.

“What do you mean you can’t find it?” Jessie roared at him, forming an angry face.

And unfortunately for them, Ash, Brock, and Pikachu, who were nearby, heard Jessie’s roar. The trio stared at Team Rocket, who was now found in their hiding spot.

“Aw crap.” Meowth stuttered.

** (Back with Drew and Harley on the other hand . . .)

Harley shrugged, “Oh well,” he pouted, “It probably doesn’t matter in the long run.”

Drew crawled a space back, “How did you know I was here?! How did you get behind me?!” he demanded.

Harley smirked, “It was only natural. I knew you’d be avenging May somehow, I just didn’t know how. Now I know you’re trying to kill me.”

Narrowing his eyebrows, Drew responded, “Well if given the chance, you’d rape her again!”

Ignoring that, Harley went on, “You know, I’d be thinking twice if you wanted to mess with me. You know how in old times, people often had something hidden away, to be revealed at the time of their deaths, right?”

“What are getting at?” Drew impatiently snapped.

“Well, I have a note saying that, if I were to be murdered, you would be responsible!”

Drew’s eyes widened, and his pupils shrank. His body became frozen and tense, “What?!”

Harley nodded, “That’s right. If you killed me, you’d be sent to jail yourself!”

Drew was too shocked to react. For once, Harley had the edge over him.

“And I have it all locked up in a safe, so don’t even think you can steal it and rip it to shreds.” Harley teased, jumping off the branch of the tree, and heading back into prison.

Lying stunned in place until Harley was completely gone, Drew forced his body to pick itself back up. Knowing the risks of staying any longer, he reached for his sniper rifle. He almost grabbed it when he heard some rustling in the bushes nearby. Did someone hear them?

Looking over into the trees, he saw nothing. No one was there. Not even a pokemon. Was he hearing things?

Returning for the gun, he took it and hid it in his bag, hoping it wouldn’t be found. On his way back to his hotel room, he saw a very deep and mucky ditch. Removing the gun from his bag, he threw it hard into the ditch. It took a while before it sunk under the rest of the debris, but it became submerged under the dirty waters.

Taking his bag back onto his shoulder, he turned his back towards the ditch, while he was still looking at it. Closing his eyes after a few seconds, he let the entering breeze push around his bangs. Then he turned back to the road, and left.

<>

I was originally going to post this tomorrow, but it's my birthday tomorrow.

As to how Drew managed to get the gun from Team Rocket without them noticing. . .I'll let you make that up.
    Last edited by Fofa; 2nd August 2006 at 1:23 AM.

Contestshipping, R rated

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast