Amazing how bad voice acting can truly ruin something for you that you otherwise would've enjoyed. I can't think of a better example of a Pokemon film like that but this one.
Honestly, I can say with full confidence the only good voices were Michele Knotz as May and Bill Rogers as Brock. This movie is a special treat in that this is probably THE only time Michele Knotz truly nailed May's character and did a superb performance as the character. This is the only time I felt she was putting her heart into the role, and I enjoyed her performance her as a result of that.
On that note, everyone besides Brock and May, Sarah Natochenny in particular as Ash, sounded just awful and it pretty much ruined the overall enjoyment factor for me. The mostly bad voice acting made the otherwise solid plot and decent storyline lose its enjoyment factor for me.
Still I enjoyed Manaphy's character and it was overall a good film. I'm sad its decent writing and enjoyable story line was really overshadowed by the voice actor overhaul.
Last edited by Dwail8023; 29th July 2013 at 5:07 PM.
"If Pikachu becomes a Raichu, I might be able to win that badge. On the other hand, to make it evolve just to fight...I would be just like Surge...Pikachu, what do you want to do? I really wanna beat that Surge, but I also don't want to force you to evolve if you'd be happier staying the way you are now." -- OS Ash, ESS
1. The Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY (Tentative)
2. The English Dub: 4Kids + TAJ Productions (Seasons 1-5) > 4Kids Entertainment (Seasons 6-8) > DuArt Film and Video (Seasons 11-Current) > TAJ Productions (Seasons 9-10)
3. The Games: XY > BW > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
4. The Manga: RSE > RBY > BW > DPPT > GSC
5. Pokemon: The Origin: Excellent: 94.7/100.
6. The Movies: OS > AG > DP = BW