Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

That Phantom is one bad dude.

But is he a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

I love how May got a huge role in this movie. I nearly cried at parts. ;-;

This movie was awesome. Way better than I was expecting. One of my favorite parts was when Team Rocket all switched voices. xD I wasn't expecting that at all. You gotta love those 3. And that pirate was awesome.

This is definitely one of my favorite movies.

Im not really a fan of the new movies but, I though what the hell, I have nothing else to do. So I watched it, and I'm very pleased at te results. Unlike Destiny Deoxys it actually had a point instead of just trying to find a friend. The artwork is, let's just call it a visual orgasm. But, making Ash the King of the Sea was almost to predicatable and, just really dumb to me. C'mon what about Ms. May over in the capsule? I also like the representation of Buizel. The collar is actually a floatation device (like it needs one, it's a freakin' weasel/otter!) The tails were used as it's propellers underwater. But, Manaphy's ability I have to say made me lose interest for a time because it's so strange, and really, hearts only pump blood. Overall, a pretty good movie, except that Kyogre was only in the last 30 Mins!

This is my sig.

I don't get the "no action at all" thing people are saying.

What about Jackie escaping the pirates? Or the Team Rocket chase scene? Or when the Beedrill attack and Phantom? Or when Jackie and Phantom fight? Or when Ash and Phantom have a SUPER SAIYAN battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Or when Ash and Phantom have a SUPER SAIYAN battle.
    What's the submarine say about his power level?

IT'S OVER NINE THOOOOOOOOUSAND!

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

-"Love you...Mama." OMGSOKAWAII.-;_;- BTW, I couldn't really tell Manaphy had a dub voice besides its talking...whoever did it was pretty good.

-*insert Over 9,000 joke in the final battle scene*

-TR breaking the 4th wall as usual.^^;

-Is it just me, or was the music for Jackie's flashback changed for the dub? I liked that Spurt remix.;_;

-Holy 'karp, barely any typical pirate phrases from Phantom. I think there were more from TR.

-Kyogre: Deus Ex Machina!*uses Hyper Beam*

-Did they HAVE to make the Wailmer and Wailord CG? There's a time not to use that, and that'd be one of those times.:mad:

-Jackie has Tucker's VA...o_0

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

There was enough action.Sludge Bomb from Beedrill was awesome.And the plot was better than most of the movies.Besides,IMO the movies never get as much action as the show.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Thank God Diaruga wasn't in, I say. Especially considering how Kyogre got gypped. Too many legendaries = Overkill
    I agree with you on that, and this movie had at four of them, Rayquaza who got captured by some scientists in the early preview (Frankly I would find that a more interesting movie to follow.) Manaphy, Kyogre (Who got all of 5 minutes worth of screne time and was confused by a ship to boot.), and Zapdos (Who got ringged by the Ranger.)

REally, they should have stuck with Manaphy alone.

Sprout the Ivysaur asks you to click him and help him and his buddies level up and evolve!

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

I thought this movie was personally better then the 8th movie. oO
    I hated the vouces and animation in 8, this was alot cleaner, the voices were better, and it reminded me a bit of another pokemon movie, but I cant put my finger on it. It brought up nostolgia.

I think its because it was a movie before the actual DP games came out....sort of like the power of one showed us a glimpse of Gold and silver before they arrived. Nostolgia was the emotion I had throughout this movie.

BRAVO!

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

I thought this movie was personally better then the 8th movie. oO
    I hated the vouces and animation in 8, this was alot cleaner, the voices were better, and it reminded me a bit of another pokemon movie, but I cant put my finger on it. It brought up nostolgia.

I think its because it was a movie before the actual DP games came out....sort of like the power of one showed us a glimpse of Gold and silver before they arrived. Nostolgia was the emotion I had throughout this movie.

BRAVO!

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

The only thing I liked on this Movie was the Music and Manaphy. I loved all the songs in the middle of it. Mainly the battle themes(?). The intro Sucked, it was all..."Happy Happy, Joy Joy"

And I think they killed the CG.
    Soul Silver FC:

The only thing I liked on this Movie was the Music and Manaphy. I loved all the songs in the middle of it. Mainly the battle themes(?). The intro Sucked, it was all..."Happy Happy, Joy Joy"

And I think they killed the CG.
    Soul Silver FC:

I liked this movie. The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of Pokemon battles and the ranger. He annoyed me more than Max, surprisingly, but I'm not quite sure why he annoyed me. But everything else was good. I like it.

The level 6 Cleffa!
    PM me to Level up Cleffa,
    or PM to raise Happiness!
    My fan fic!

These newer movies aren't really appealing to me. the first 5 movies were pretty good in my opinion but the newer ones just suck in my opinion. They're about the pintsized legendaries and their dumb bonds. The Deoxys one sucked the most in my opinion because 1. There really wasn't a bad guy just a mistaken one. and 2. Legendaries are taken down by an army of floating blocks.The first 5 were good because they actually had a true enemy and the legendaries actually kind of lived up to their reputations. thats just me though

Made by aclover
    Brawl FC: 3136-6444-1040
    pm me if interested

I was out somewhere, so I only caught the last 30 minutes. I'll catch the repeat later.

Lizabeth's voice was good, so I was happy obviously. Thing I didn't like? CN cutting off the ending song. Those *******s. It was clearly replaced by an English vocal, but I'm still curious as to how it was.

Regarding the "no action" stuff, the Lucario movie had less action than this, yet the Lucario movie is still considered to be the best movie by many fans. Movie 4 had action, except that it was sucky action.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

All in all, this one felt like a retread of movie 6, the Jurachi one. The performing circus, the hatched egg, the legendary specific time of the millenium that the token legendary can make use of to go home, just very similar. After the magnificent Lucario movie full of its character development, I was hoping for more of the same, but this one was more of a typical journey from point A to point B. Kyogre had a very minor, pretty much throw away role, but Groudon didn't get much better two movies ago, so I suppose its not that big a deal.

That said, the visuals were fantastic. The animation was up another notch, they must have thrown more money at this film than the other ones. The fluidity of the character animation was great, and the underwater stuff and deign of the visuals looked fantastic. May's bonding with Manafi was much cuter and better dealt with than Max's bonding with Jurachi, or Sammy's bonding with Celebi.

Team Rocket's switched around motto was hilarious, I just wish they'd stayed switched the entire movie, that would have been awesome.

Ash, continuing the trend of ki manipulation and fireball creation learns to fly under his own power and hold his breath for immense ammounts of time. At this rate, by movie 15, he WILL be Goku and fighting pokemon personally.

The new dub cast was awesome. They've totally gotten their roles down pat by the time they recorded this. Compared to the effort they made just a year ago in the Mastermind of Mirage special, the growth and development on their parts is phenomenal, great job on their parts. I didn't have any problems with any of their voices at all, they've gotten remarkably close to the old voices while making the roles their own. Mays voice is actually BETTER than Veronica Taylor's, which had a bit of a whine and sqeak to it, which is good since May was such a central figure with so much screentime in this one. Ash is still a little iffy, but definatley getting there.

All in all, with the great animation and visuals, this movie would be one of the better ones, if it weren't such a retread of the plot of the Jurachi film, which was one of my least favorites to begin with. But its prettty definatley the 2nd best AG movie. I put movies 1-3, and 8, ahead of it. Its about tied with movie 5 (Latios and Latias), which was also kind of bland, but also had fantastic scenery and was fun just to look at. (Also water related, hrm.)

All in all, decent movie, great visuals. They've done better, but they've also done worse.

Oh...my..gosh...that was one of the best movies I've ever seen..I'm even changing my avatar back to a Manaphy one. I have been waiting to see this movie for such a long time.

The whole movie was great, especially some parts were very moving to me..especially the end. "love you mama" =)
    Manaphy's voice was just too good, IMO. Very adorable ^-^. It was perfect and just the way I thought it would sound. I'm actually glad they didn't make him talk. The whole "Mana" voice. =D
    Kyogre was pure awesome in here too, even though he didn't get very much screentime, and seeing all the water pokemon was great. Lizabeth's hawt, kinda ;p
    I'm not even sure there's a part I hated about this movie, I loved it so much, lol, and many bashers won't change my mind about it

I am definitely getting this DVD as soon as it comes out.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Was a nice movie seemed to be the May movie as she develops a special friendship with. Manaphy like Max did with Jurachi in movie 6

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Some people were upset about some parts being sappy. Which parts were sappy?

Did anyone catch the crack at D/P(season 10). It was when Jessie, James, and Meowth were crawling out of the back of Phantom's sub. Jessie was mumbling "Treasure", then James said "Diamonds and pearls", and then Meowth said "Wait til we finish this season first". I laughed so hard.
    HeartGold and SoulSilver in 2009!

A question regarding tonight's showing:

Was there a remixed/extended version of the Battle Frontier theme? After the amazing intro to Movie 8 with the souped up "Unbeatable", I'm hoping to hear a better version of "If You're Strong You'll Survive."

It was an alright movie. But Im looking forward to the 10th move, Diaruga vs Parukia vs Daraki. ( I perfer fan names ) That trailer was badass.

This was a good movie, everyone's voice acting was just great! Ash actually did something, the graphics were beautiful...Thats all I got.

I noticed that E/Lizibeth's grandpa had a liquor bottle near the beginning of the movie.
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

Yeah was there a remixed- full Battle Frontier Opening???

I'm so proud to be part of the May Fan Club!

~ My Bishie!
    Mamori Anezaki

Best. Movie. Ever.

Never saw the Lucario movie. I didn't really care to see it.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/15g7dsk.png[/IMG]
    Poobear//Twitter

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast