Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

this is like one of my favorite movies lol >.> it supports well...advanceshipping alot and jackie's moves were jsut awesome lol i wish i can do wat he can lolz

I saw this movie on CN Too the other day, and have since watched it 4 more times via Sky+. I love this movie, it is a masterpeice, and Michele Knotz managed to almost-perfectly portray true emotion during this film.

Now, for a fancy-pants review:

Plot: 8/10
    It was nice to get out of the 'Reject of /[EvilTeam] trying to get revenge/more power' we have seen in recent films (4-6), and to introduce a new villain, who wasn't a pokemon, or an ex-/member of a currently known evil team (which all movies have had really, cept ones that mainly focused on the pokemon) and I liked how the plot didn't directly involve the pokemon, but only a place the pokemon can lead people to.

Visual: 7/10
    It was superb CGI animation, mixing in with the animation style we all know and love. The animation was impressive, however when the two different styles were in the same scene, it did look a bit odd.

Voices/Voice Acting: 9/10
    The voices used in this film were spot on. Even the voices for new characters suited them nicely, and as said earlier, Michele Knotz portrayal of the emotion May felt as she had to let go of Manaphy seemed so real, it felt more real than the sort of acting you get on Eastenders, Hollyoaks, and other shows like that.

Characters (6/10):
    I think the cast of characters was alright, Jackie was a great improvement to the Pokemon Rangers we were used to seeing, opting to choose a more proffessional side than Solana did. The typical cast of Ash, Brock, May and Max was a given, and it was nice to see atleast half of them get major roles (Ash and May) unlike in previous films, where only one character was usually the starring role. The new characters added background to the film as well, which is better then generic-characters-who-only-live-where-events-take-place. However, Team Rocket's small role and constant Diamond and Pearl referances were annoying after a while.

Overall: 30/40
    75%
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I wish they kept May in her swimsuit for a bit longer(That's my opinion).

I recently watched the movie (or most of it) on Cartoon Network TOO (formerly known as Toonami UK) in the UK and I must say it wasn't bad at all.

It was a good film.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

It wa a good move

4/5

like the graphics

and asarath365 i thought he was going to say *WTF*
    Last edited by Iran; 30th May 2007 at 5:05 PM.

Thank you for the great banner Charizard#1 and Ironspectile x And Shedinja Master for the scrolling picture

This is my favourite poke movie up to know though

I recorded it on CN Too and I have it on video STILL!
        Spoiler:- ???:

Spoiler:- My fave pokemon:

I liked it, the only time I haven't been annoyed by the new James voice. And of course being an Advanceshipper there were some scenes I really loved.

Favorate Line: "What the?!"
    Worst line(s): "There are two types of men in this world..."

I also wish Cartoon Network Superstar didn't keep showing up on the screen, its made my plan to make AMVs from the footage difficult.

The movie was really great, especially with the special effects.

BTW, what was the name of the dub voice actor that did Lizabeth?

Lord, I love Manaphy.
    I also like Jackie!! *Sigh* Pokémon Rangers are sooooooo cool!!
    I liked Kyogre, too. He should have got a bigger part! He really only appears towards the end.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

There was one thing that bugged me about this movie. That is that in the 2nd movie they call Lugia the guardian of the sea and then this movie was about the temple of the sea, then why didn't he appear in it to like help Ash escape from the drowning temple, but overall it was a good movie.

Credit goes to Tyranidos
    Advanceshipping all the way

I like the movie but do you think the movie is sad,i agree as Manaphy is serpate with May and i also like the last part of the movie.It so touching
    Last edited by rubyandsapphire; 30th October 2007 at 6:29 AM.
    UNDER CONSTRUCT

I love this movie. Not as good as the last one but still great. i love the cgi mixed with handdrawn cartoons. it was really fun and the water effects were great. the water pokemon looked really good. Phantom was a good villain. the new pokemon rocked. buizel was reallycute and reminded me of a dog. Manaphy weren't as annoying as other babylooking legendaries eg celebi and it made me laugh a lot too. i liked it when it spoke english. really cute. 4/5 (-o-)
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

Not one of favorites
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I Cryed my eyes out at the end of this film. Manaphy sounds so cute!!! MANAPHY ROCKS!

Best Friends Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Well, he IS daddy... :P
    Did I miss something in the movie or something?

OMG I LUV MANAPHY~! I'm gonna finish Ranger and transfer the egg over to my Diamond.

The movie is my favourite so far. You gotta love the Temple's layout and the amazingly high technology used on it. I mean, Manaphy's singing and the stones were able to open the 'door' (if those waterfalls could be counted as doors). And my gosh, Jackie Walker has awesome-ness written all over him, save the 'Leave everything to me' motto he has. Team Rocket's motto when they switched bodies was pure crack. I seldom see James looking so stupid. Phantom and Chatot were really compatible, I mean Chatot repeats everything Phantom says twice, and Phantom keeps repeating the 'There are two knds of people in the world blah blah blah'.

Graphic-wise: Incredible 3D tour of the Temple. But they overused the 3D effect here. Likewise, incredible animation and the flooding water. The water level actually rises as Ash is breathing (gawd, I feel like a retard for not noticing this earlier). A few logic exaggerations, like how can Ash dive so deep underwater? I can't do the same in the sea without any weights to regulate my floatation. And how can he see with his eyes wide open? But this is anime, anything goes

And the manga (yes, we have the manga of the movie here) cut loads of scenes but was replaced by equally awesome (NOT!) plot twists) was not a bad merchandise to have. Except here instead of using his ship to blast Ash and Manaphy off, Phantom gets swept up to the Temple platform and May tells him to give up. And Phantom was almost gonna take May and Pikachu hostage before Super Ash (*stifles laughter*) came and saves them (what's new...).

Overall, I rate it 7.5/10 and my movie preference ranking: 9 > 7 > 8 > 6. I never watched any of the earlier movies, I only play their games.

P.S: in the Rocket Magazine, above the Team Rocket picture shows some Rangers legs. I know that the one with the shoes is Jackie. Is the one with knee high socks Solana?

This is the start of a brand new journey...

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

I loved this movie so much. The bad guy was a bit pathetic but Manaphy was so cute as was its loving relationship with May. The temple was awesome as were some of the less prominent characters. My favourite Pokemon movie i've seen.

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii serebii View Post
    And the manga (yes, we have the manga of the movie here) cut loads of scenes but was replaced by equally awesome (NOT!) plot twists) was not a bad merchandise to have. Except here instead of using his ship to blast Ash and Manaphy off, Phantom gets swept up to the Temple platform and May tells him to give up. And Phantom was almost gonna take May and Pikachu hostage before Super Ash (*stifles laughter*) came and saves them (what's new...).
    What kinds of plot twists did it have?

Well, I would Like to give My review for the Movie.

Well, to be honest, the only reason I watched this AG Movie is because of the Water Pokemon. I did like some events of the Movie, like the final battle and all that. I also liked Manaphy as a whole, as well as having Water Pokemon OTHER Than what every single Main Cast member has getting a fairly huge role.

Note: I still Intensely Disliked May, nothing is going to change that, no matter how you do it, because it has scarred in with me that she is a Female anime stereotype ever since that Mishap when I was at the hospital getting an X-ray.

Onto the negative things, I didn't like how May sounded in that movie (Note, I didn't watch any PUSA dubbed Episodes of Battle Frontier up until this movie, so I didn't know how they sounded.), since It reminded me of the female anime stereotype far more than when I first heard her voice (then again, at that time, my eyes were closed due to fear, and I mistook it for Surskit's Voice, but when i watched this movie, I actually had visual confirmation.).

May, Period (I would argue that this isn't her movie since Ash ended up in the limelight at the end.)

There is also the climax that got me into huge anger at May (Note, I knew of this since the Japanese version came out because of the episode pictures). Ok, at the climax of that Movie, Phantom Kidnapped Manaphy, and, as the supposed star of this movie, as well as it's mom, she saved manaphy by using Squirtle to rescue Manaphy, Right? Nope.

She jumped into the water and swam after phantom and got Manaphy, right? Not even close.

Answer: She just stood there, with a fearful expression, and didn't do anything aside from acting like a coward. Honestly, for all of the people who say that she isn't a coward, Take a good look at that scene, and THEN come back and tell me she isn't a coward!

Heck, even when Ash was in danger of dying or when Marril was in danger or Gyarados, Misty never acted like a coward, she risked her own life to save them.

Honestly, May has really angered me for her being of the female anime stereotype, but this... THIS JUST TAKES THE CAKE!!

Sorry about this, but How may acted in the climax was extremely angering, and I'd say that some May fans might actually agree with me.
    Last edited by Weedle_Mchairybug; 7th March 2008 at 2:48 AM.

because it has scarred in with me that she is a Female anime stereotype ever since that Mishap when I was at the hospital getting an X-ray.
    then again, at that time, my eyes were closed due to fear
    Weedle Mchairybug is pretty sad.

Oh lord. I should say something, but I won't.

To keep on topic, this movie does fall into the "meh" category for a lot of people, and I can understand why. It does drag on and there aren't any major battles in it, and the whole Super Saiyan Ash thing at the end was ridiculous, but it does have its good points.

And gosh, this movie gave birth to one of the best Pokesho artworks ever. MayxManaphy + breastfeeding...I'll say no more and leave it at that.

Of course, Weedle. Anything that has May in it instantly sucks. :/ Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    And gosh, this movie gave birth to one of the best Pokesho artworks ever. MayxManaphy + breastfeeding...I'll say no more and leave it at that.
    Lol, whut? Care to share? XD;;

Guess who's Diaruga, it's Japanese for Dialga(when it's too late)! In fact, I wanted to see this movie, but I didn't watch at first. Oh yeah, I loved Manaphy in this one.

Truthfully, I didn't like this movie. It was kinda boring.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast