Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

Seen this movie for the first time.
    It was ok. I'm little dissappointed that they didn't show much battles.
    New shiny: Squirtle (LG, SRing)
    Shiny count:94
    Random encounters: 12
    SR: 30
    Hatched: 6
    Pokeradar: 46

My shinies...
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=216041921
    Youtube account.. http://www.youtube.com/KaosDarkrai

So was the opening extended or remixed? I gotta know!

I really liked the movie. I had to record it because my dad gets all mad that I take his TV for telenovelas.
    Good moments:
    For one, the voice performances was very well done overall. Some voices had their iffy moments, but overall nothin much to complain.

And OMG, the movie is widescreen. Gotta applaud for that. Great job PUSA.

Music was well played as well.

May and Manaphy moments were adorable. I felt bad when Jackie was trying to get Ash to break their relationship, but it has to be done.

Manaphy's english and japanese, I almost could not tell them apart, they sounded the same to me, which is surprising.

Team Rocket had their funny moments especially the diamond and pearl reference that someone else mentioned.

Bad moments:
    Some of the CGI that was played did not seem right. It didn't fit in too well in certain parts.

I did not like the ending. Well not the part when May and Manaphy departed, but the whole light thing where Ash was flying at first. I thought that part was stupid and killed the flow of the movie. The whole flying in the movie has been redundant anyways.

Well for me its get a 8/10, but I like Lucario movie better.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamFiend_633 View Post
    So was the opening extended or remixed? I gotta know!
    No, there was no opening for this one.

Well it was pretty dang good for a Pokemon movie, thats for sure.
    First off widescreen = me happy

I personally liked the story, Phantom was a great bad guy, liked Jack and E?Lizabeth, great environments, and although pokemon has made me chuckle, this was one of the first times were i actually laughed out loud with some of the parts, but of course my biggest complaint was the friggin' CG, too much, too often, too crappy. But other then that I loved it, its now in 2nd place for my favorite pokemon movies.
    ....I'm alive???

Quote Originally Posted by Yonowaaru View Post
    Never saw the Lucario movie. I didn't really care to see it.
    Well, you should care.

Kinda disappointed the Spurt jazz remix was replaced, even though it doesn't surprise me. I just thought that since it didn't have any lyrics, then maybe, just maybe it would have been kept. Meh, at least it was replaced by something decent, although I honestly never cared for this movie's soundtrack in the first place, especially when compared with Movie 8's.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Default Movie Review

The movie turned out 2 be another good one

Pros:
    -I had liked some of the background music that was in the movie. Almost wished that there was a soundtrack to it.
    -Somehow, the movie seemed to have more variety than some of the last pokemon movies.
    -The appearance of Kyogre, one of my favorite pokemon. Even though it was all but 5 minutes.
    -I Liked some of the 3-D elements. Yet it seems that every pokemon movie, there is more and more 3-D. Pretty soon the whole entire movie will be in 3-D.
    -some of the diamond and pearl mentions from team rocket. I was laughing.
    - a bit more humor than in the last movies. No deaths either.

Cons
    -I’m still trying to get used to the voices. Even after almost a year of it.
    -some of the dialogue in the movie still didn’t make any sense like in battle frontier.

I personally give it a 83/100. Lucario and the mystery of mew to me is a lil' bit better than this one.
    Last edited by G4Pokefan; 24th March 2007 at 8:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer: cbreem View Post
    Did anyone catch the crack at D/P(season 10). It was when Jessie, James, and Meowth were crawling out of the back of Phantom's sub. Jessie was mumbling "Treasure", then James said "Diamonds and pearls", and then Meowth said "Wait til we finish this season first". I laughed so hard.
    When I first heard that I was like WTF. Some may think its funny, but as for me, it makes me anrgy, this is anime. They should try to be serious when dubbing it, unless it was in the Japanese dub, retarded stuff like that should not be added. Overall it could have more battles, this movie reminds me of Naruto, when in some episodes they talk for more than half the episode, lol. Manaphy is legendary yet it didn't even use 1 attack, I don't care that its a baby, May's Squirtle is (not sure if it is anymore) a baby, and it can fight. Manaphy couldn't even lift a shard. But, heck, its Pokemon so I have to give it a 10/10

Thanks to Pikablu the Pokemaster for this awesome userbar.

Are you a Kirby fan? click the banner to join the Kirby Klub!

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

This was a great movie, and the dub was exellent.
    The plot was really good, if a little slow at some points, but the action scenes were splendid.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Regarding the "no action" stuff, the Lucario movie had less action than this, yet the Lucario movie is still considered to be the best movie by many fans. Movie 4 had action, except that it was sucky action.
    It wasn't that action-packed, true, but the parts that weren't action were just more...substantial, for lack of a better word. What we saw with Lucario's past, interactions with the gang, etc. was certainly more interesting than seeing everyone waste time with Manaphy and going "you'll have 2 part wit Manaphy eventualy!!1" and "aw it's soooo cute/amazing!" for a few days in the movie.

Hell, even the Jirachi movie(which is the past movie most similar to this one, imo) made sure that you felt like the story was going SOMEWHERE between the beginning and the climax.

When I first heard that I was like WTF. Some may think its funny, but as for me, it makes me anrgy, this is anime. They should try to be serious when dubbing it, unless it was in the Japanese dub, retarded stuff like that should not be added.
    In case you haven't noticed, this is Team Rocket. Those sorts of quips have always been their thing, both in movies or episodes.

Really, I think this suffered most from the feeling of there being a large span of time passing without much happening(that's what happens when the writers cram ALL the action in the very beginning and end of the movie without having much character development(which they *did* have in the aforementioned Lucario movie, in case you didn't notice) in the middle, I guess). Eh, maybe I just need to watch it with all my attention(since when I did watch it I was dividing my attention between it and the movie), but considering that I paid attention to it often enough that I should have seen SOMETHING happening in the middle portion of the movie...
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

*cries* I didn't get to see it. Maybe today, they'll air it again.

Some may think its funny, but as for me, it makes me anrgy, this is anime
    Anime can't be funny? :O

Yeah, I thought this movie was weakest at the middle.

Seeing Jackie escape Phantom's ship, chase Team Rocket, and fight Phantom was cool, as was the part where they battled in the Temple, and when Ash chased Phantom.

But the boat parts were kinda dull...

Imo, this was the best movie yet. I love how they portrayed Manaphy and May's relationship. Although really, the whole "flying in a yellow bubble-thing" was really weird. I personally think that May should've saved the day.

But anyway, they made Buizel adorable. I squealed whenever he made his little noises.

i got a suden urge to well this out

MANAPHY IS SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE

Nope, they kept the opening, and the ending song, it was in english though(It might have been transelated) also they kept that japanese text in the begining =D, the only part I didn`t like was when Ash turned "Super Sayan mode" D:

I loved the movie! Great story and great graphics (loved the part at the begining where the water pokémon swam with the trainers in the water being controlled by the psychic pokémon). I guess I'm finally getting used to the new voice actors, they didn't seem to really bother me and ruin the movie.

One thing really annoyed me though...why did Ash have to be the one to save the day? I thought May should have considering she was the real star of this movie. But no, Ash locks her in a container with Manaphy and Pikachu and goes on to savethe temple.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    One thing really annoyed me though...why did Ash have to be the one to save the day? I thought May should have considering she was the real star of this movie. But no, Ash locks her in a container with Manaphy and Pikachu and goes on to savethe temple.
    I thought that too. And if I were May, I'd be freaking out in that little tube. She must not be claustrophobic. I'm so claustrophobic, I'd die in there.

Yeah, the whole Ash hero thing at the end annoyed the hell out of me. But overall, the movie was great!

Yeah, totally!

I felt bad for May too! I'd be scared but not just because of claustrophobia, but because how much air could be in that thing (and there are three air breathers in there).

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

i liked it! i think it was like jirachi wish maker at points (Max+Jirachi=May+Manaphy) But it beat the pants off jirachi by a mile!

it's a thumb up!

Pokedots
    a comic that answers the unanswered questions of the Pokemon world! (Please PM me any ideas you have!!!)

http://mbecks14.deviantart.com/

I loved this movie. Best movie yet in my opinion. Loved the D/P references. I give it a 9/10.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I wished Kyogre played more parts of the movie instead of appearing out of nowhere in a cameo appearance in May`s dream and in the end.

So was there a full version of Battle Frontier (If your strong you'll survive) in it?

After sleeping on it...this has to be my favorite advanced generation movie.

Lucario WOULD be my favorite ( I own it) But it just seems WAY to farfetched. The enviroment and storyline seem so strange that it almost didnt make sense. Plus the art style was somewhat different from other movies. It didnt sit well with me.

With this movie, there is a nice balance, and the enviroments make sense.
    I mean, come on. How do you make an occean action packed? I think they did a pretty good job with it.

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

That Was One OF The Best Pokemon Movie I've Ever Seen.
    Im Gonna Watch It Again Today.

When Ash and everyone were swirling around in the end in snake-like energy things, I was like

WTF?

It was definitely the best movie with May in it. Jirachi, Deoxys, Lucario ALL ARE HORRIBLE.
    I've come to love the characters more than the actual pokemon, lets give them some spotlight like movies 1-5.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast