Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

This is one of my favourite movies so far! Manaphy was so cute. I noticed the D/P references and I thought the personality change thing was funny. I thought it was nice that May got a movie that kind of revolved around her, even though Ash had to save the day...again...oh well, it was still a cool movie. I'm defintly going to buy it on DVD when it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by hiou2 View Post
    I still think it could've had more of a role in the movie like groudon did
    I don't think so since the movie wasn't really about Kyogre.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMike52 View Post
    I don't think so since the movie wasn't really about Kyogre.
    jirachi wish maker wasn't really about groudon either.............

i like the water pokemon show near the start in the film
    diamond fc: 1933 7188 9791
    looking for: +

have all starters + feebas + spiritomb +eletrikid and magby + munchlax + other just pm

btw i have pokemon ruby, emerald , leaf green that i can use to get pokemon from by restarting

Quote Originally Posted by eddy99999990 View Post
    i like the water pokemon show near the start in the film
    that was prolly one of the only good part of the movie (that, and when manaphy was jumping by the boat and said "mana!-happy, love you!- mana!")

The one thing that bugged me was that they didn't even try to stop Phantom from stealing the sea crown. They just watched him open the door and start pulling out the crystals.

As an add on to my last post, I was really dissapointed that they didn't have an extended "Battle Frontier" as the theme. Instead, they chose some carnival music. But, I also heard Japan used the same carnvail music. Is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    As an add on to my last post, I was really dissapointed that they didn't have an extended "Battle Frontier" as the theme. Instead, they chose some carnival music. But, I also heard Japan used the same carnvail music. Is this true?
    Well, put it this way: could you really have had pokemon Advanced playing during the whole amusement park opening scene in Jirachi Wishmaker? Not really. Could you have had Advanced Challenge in DD? probably not(well, we do get 'Paradise' so I guess it isnt half bad). Put it this way, they usually only show the theme when some form of competition is at hand, or when it sorta does fit(like 'Pokemon World' did for 2000). Other than that, it wont work.

Though i do agree that they should have put a theme of some sort to that whole thing, makes it that much better.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I liked it, but what was up with the credits at the end? TOTALLY unreadable.

Hmm, I just saw the movie and I don't really like Lizabeth's voice.

Question: What is it with American channels and fast forwarding through endings or putting commercials for shows in during it. At least YTV brings you back to the credits after about 1 or 2 commercials.

Though, I did notice that the ending was a little different.

Can't wait to buy this one when it comes out. In store or on the net.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

YTV isn't that great either with the credits, especially during the Zone, TeleToon is BETTER.

Ok it's time to worry. It's the first day of release, and well my pre-ordered DVD from cd universe is already back ordered o_0. How odd
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/kdshlh.jpg[/IMG]
    | Fifth Voyager | Team Rocket Gallery | Youtube Channel |

I just got the DVD, and I'm starting with the Pikachu short. It's pretty cool having these again, along with Gates (Parsons) narrating, but it's pretty distracting how he's verbally translating all the Pokemon; it's just so weird! And just so you know, I think all the ANA movies were fullscreen, so there was nothing cut from the short. And yes, the main movie IS WIDESCREEN.

The whole thing was pretty cool. Sure, it wasn't the most gripping thing ever, but it looked good and felt epic enough. One thing I liked with the dub is how they FINALLY got it in glorious widescreen. The dub itself is very good, had no problems whatsoever in my eyes.
    Last edited by Shift; 4th April 2007 at 6:50 AM.

Is this movie out in Canada yet?

I saw on Amazon that it's being released in Canada on the 17th, WTF?

Hopefully that's a typo.

Also, how's the dub of the movie compared to the others?

And the voices?

How are Buizel's, Chatot's, and Mantyke's voices?

Thanks to Espeon Lover for the glitter name!

The Trainer Card was done by me!

The Jirachi in my TC was recoloured by me, but the sprite itself was made by Pokesho!

The Pokémon Diamond and Pearl sprites were ripped by Eevee, Zhen Lin, pika and Pipian.

Want to help MMV and still have great Wii games from them?
    Join and see what great Wii and DS games they have,
    buy them, and pass the word to your friends, the more the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of legend View Post
    Is this movie out in Canada yet?

I saw on Amazon that it's being released in Canada on the 17th, WTF?

Hopefully that's a typo.

Also, how's the dub of the movie compared to the others?

And the voices?

How are Buizel's, Chatot's, and Mantyke's voices?
    I liked the dub very much; it sounded better IMO than the movie 8 dub. Also, all those pokemon besides Chatot had their original voices, and Chatot sounded okay; like an ordinary parrot.

It's coming out in Canada on April 17th, deal with it. I have to wait too, and so do other Canadians, why not you?

I really enjoyed it. I picked it up first day of release at Best Buy. The graphics were great and once again, Ash had a major role (of course), but it was May's turn to shine. I wonder if Brock will ever get that chance.
    Do you have an Anime or Manga Character you can not find a name for?
    Follow Konata.
    Anime Character Database
    Made by Rei from the same

I really don't see any reason to be angry over Ash getting some action-hero scenes and being a major factor in saving everyone. He's supposed to be the special one, the main character, the guy who Ho-oh appeared to after three hundred years of not appearing to anyone. So I like how the movies can focus on other characters, have them be heroic, but still let Ash do some special stuff.

And really, Ash was more competent in his heroism than ever before in this movie and it was enjoyable to see that. He's a lot less clumsy than he used to be, that's for sure.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Is it just me, or when Manaphy used Heart Swap on Team Rocket, and Jessie inhabited Meowth's voice, it seemed natural? I mean, if they started the series as Meowth being female, Jessie's voice suits him IMO. O.o ;

Canada gets everything later now, pretty odd. I finally found a copy at Futureshop so it's already out in Canada now.

As for the movie, congratulations Temple of the Sea, you are now the most boring movie from the series! I thought nothing could be as boring as Jirachi Wish Maker but I sure was wrong.

I surely hope the next movie isn't a disapointment. Overall, Lucario remains the best for me.

this is one of my favorite movies..xD
    >great graphics, seemed 3D at some parts to me
    >jackie had an awesome accent lol
    "i dont understand the phrase "give it up" kapeesh?" dat was awesome hehe
    >last but not least...ash's heoism is the sweetest in this film...iiiiiiiiif you know what i mean

Finally saw this yesterday. One of my favorites, loved the graphics interesting for the most part. I may buy Ranger now just to get Manaphy.

I got this movie a couple weeks ago. It isn't my favorite, but I liked it. I still have to get used to the new voices, though.
    Mew through the ages...

PM me if you want to be friends!!!
    Fans of Sneasel or Weavile? Join the:
    Weavile and Sneasel Club

Well, I liked the movie. It wasn't a top favorite (I think I'd rank it in the middle with "Latios and Latias" and "Jirachi Wishmaker"), but it was an enjoyable movie. I think the new voice actors did good with their first movie, and it was better than the short. My two cents:

-- LOVED the 3D graphics in this movie, though I think they could have made the transition from 3D backgrounds to 2D main characters a little more seamless. Huh, it'd be interesting to see the twerps and Team Rocket in 3D. Regardless, I was really impressed throughout with the animation.
    -- How cute is manaphy? It stole the show from everyone except May and Team Rocket. I especially liked the end when it told May I love you.
    -- Yay for the return of the motto, FINALLY. After four straight movies without a motto, it was about time. And whatever was the strangest motto before this one, this one definitely tops it.
    -- Speaking of which, I LOVED the whole scene with Team Rocket being switched. OMG, it was so weird, and so funny. Team Rocket had the best lines as well throughout the movie. I especially liked the reference to season ten near the end (James: "Diamonds and pearls." Meowth: "Let's get through this season first.")
    -- Unfortunately, this movie also ruins my plans for a Team Rocket fanfic I was going to write, which I came up with five years ago, since the movie uses the same plot point (they even did it exactly the way I was going to do it). I wouldn't want to be accused of copying the movie, even though my story is much older. On the other hand, it was a script fanfic, so people probably wouldn't be too upset if it was never written.
    -- I'm glad they finally had a character with a name who's at least remotely close to my real name: Lizabeth.
    -- Jack was pretty cool. I also liked the Phantom. I was impressed that even though he was a stereotypical pirate in so many ways, at least he didn't sound like a stereotypical pirate apart from the growling voice. No "arrs", no "walk the plank", no "shiver me timbers". Thankfully they shied away from that. I also liked the cameo from Rebecca from "Destiny Deoxys" in the beginning (fighting Brendan).
    -- The water show at the beginning of the movie was pretty awesome too.

Overall, 3 1/2 stars from me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast