Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

Oh.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Default The US Release

According to Official website, the movie will be released in the spring.

It will also have this name:

"Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea"

Yeah, just got email to confirm my Japan copy of the movie and the DVD with the Pikachu Mini movie has been shipped today.

The Pikachu Mini movie comes with an extra ep as well (the Psychic VS Ghost Duel Ep)

Bug Types-Watch em go Squish under my boot.
    Gotta Squish em all' Pokemon!

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...=l&a=Gentleben

Hmm, after watching this I can tell you right now the music in the movie sucks compared with the last one. D<
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Okay, so I just watched this thing. Umi Mizuno already took the words right outta my mouth: Soundtrack = Blah. I mean, the song over the credits was good, and that really odd low-jazz Spurt remix was interesting to say the least, but it was otherwise bland, particularly when compred to Movie 8 (which was the pinnacle of the Pokemon movie soundtracks), or even Movie 6 and 7.

The movie itself was decent at best. I'm not gonna deny that on the surface, the movie felt like a rehash of Movie 6. However, the characters were much more interesting (sorry, Butler fans). Obviously I loved Hiromi, who makes Flannery look like Medusa. But the Phantom was a very entertaining villain. To take him seriously would be a grave mistake. His constant blunders and clumsiness on top of his evil cackle and overall wackiness really made for a nice change of pace. Combined with Jackie, it was nice to see some humans kick some butt for once in this series.

Like Movie 8, I thought the movie fared quite well without any true final battle. But although I totally despise the use of the term "deus ex machina", I'm gonna have to use it for Super Saiyan Satoshi. The king's power itself is pretty lame alone, but how the hell did Satoshi automatically learn to use and control them? Moreso, how did everyone else learn to use it at the end?

Personally, I thought the most entertaining part of the movie was Corphish emerging from the water and starting to dance, only to realize that everybody's gone and he's nowhere near the ship. Those who had been longing for Haruka fan service throughout AG will have their prayers answered in this, no doubt. Of course, we all know the ever-so-smexy Hiromi was the true hero of this movie. I mean, think about it - Without her, everybody else would have been screwed. (I already took lots of screencaps and uploaded them to Photbucket, LOL. Yeah, I'm desperate.)

One more thing - CG OVERKILL. As much as I love the animation in the Pokemon movies, I swear, I would not be surprised in the least bit if all the backgrounds in Movie 10 were done in 3-D at this rate. Or at least Movie 11 will, anyways.

Movie rankings: 8 > 2 > 6 > 3 > 9 > 5 > 1 > 7 > 4

Square in the middle.

(Also, I'd like to say I'm very proud of the fanbase for not going, "OMG THERE'S NO WAY THAT WILL SLIDE BY RELIGIOUS PARENTS IN THE DUB" for the scenes where Haruka and Hiromi are praying.)
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 23rd December 2006 at 8:55 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I'm watching it right now, and its pretty awesome so far. I like the soundtrack...

I loved the Ruby, Crystal, Rebecca, and Atilla/Hun, and Prof Bastian cameos. They have such random little things in the movies that would make SUCH good storys, that they never use. D:
    Phantom and Perap are pretty cool, I'll have to wait and see these 'mecha Phantom' and 'Super Sayen Ash' you all are talking about.
    The animation is excelent, though the first couple of scenes were a bit overkill... The 3D human was my breaking point.

Thought I'd piece together my favorite pan from the movie. Twas a real ***** to piece together, since it was done at a diagonal (so I "made up" a few of the background pixels), but I think the end result was worth it:
    http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8...xharukawf8.png

One thing I noticed is that several scenes from the early trailers did not actually make it into the final movie. See here:
    http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/futuremovies.html
    Akusha looks entirely different, as do the shots of Kyogre and the egg hatching.

Judy was hot.

As for the movie itself, eh, it was alright. The music kind of dragged it down, but it was still enjoyable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy View Post
    I was a bit surprised that Manaphy seemed to calm down after it had Jackie and Ash switch bodies and it was then with Ash. I always got the impression from the previews that it wasn't fond of him - Glad I was wrong, though.
    Well, he IS daddy... :P

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    But although I totally despise the use of the term "deus ex machina", I'm gonna have to use it for Super Saiyan Satoshi. The king's power itself is pretty lame alone, but how the hell did Satoshi automatically learn to use and control them? Moreso, how did everyone else learn to use it at the end?
    Shouldn't a Duex-ex Machina... well, do something?
    Last edited by cassius335; 24th December 2006 at 3:46 AM.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Is this movie on Youtube or something yet? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rixo View Post
    Is this movie on Youtube or something yet? LOL
    Hopefully not, considering how horrible Youtube's video quality is.

Oh, that sucks. Well some video's on Youtube are good.

Since it's quite obvious nobody read my above post

POKEMON RANGER & TEMPLE OF THE SEA WILL BE RELEASED ON DVD IN THE US ON 04/03/2007 - SOURCE IS ANIMEONDVD.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Rixo View Post
    Oh, that sucks. Well some video's on Youtube are good.
    Yes, they are. But like I said they are ruined by the crappy resolution and such of Youtube.

I'm glad the dub of the movie comes out on April 3rd. That's only three months! Yay.

thanks for clarifying ^^ I'm in UK so I wasn't sure if it was referring to April 3rd or March 4th

Recognize the Dodrio trainer?

I finished watching the movie not too long ago. I loved Manaphy...especially when it started to say "come on!" to address Haruka. So cute. I quite like how they brought a bit of humor into Phantom's character right from the start, rather than him acting all, "WOAMG I'M SO BAD AND EVIL AND I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD!" I thought Jackie would have made a great villain, but I didn't like his "leave everything to me because I am a Pokémon Ranger" attitude. Or at least I think that's what he was like, as there weren't any subtitles (watched it in Japanese of course). I somewhat understood the story, and I loved the music.

I thought movie 9 did better at balancing humor and emotions than the other movies - nothing seemed displaced. My favorite part of the movie was when Manaphy started singing. If they have that on the soundtrack I'm going to hug everyone and cry.

Haha, Ash practically drowned and killed himself while he forgot that he had a Corphish with him that could have easily done all his dirty work for him. But nooooooo, Corphish has to be the clown and can't be allowed to be the hero of anything. Unlike Masukippa, of course...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

*scratches head* Sorry if it's just me having hallucinations, but I could swear that you c/p'd some lines from my own movie 9 review Aaron-fan XD

Haha, Ash practically drowned and killed himself while he forgot that he had a Corphish with him that could have easily done all his dirty work for him. But nooooooo, Corphish has to be the clown and can't be allowed to be the hero of anything.
    I reckon that Corphish would have had a lot of trouble carrying that crystal stick from the Crown. Manaphy tried to, but judging from how he could barely even move it, it must have been quite heavy. Now carrying it in the water would have gotten rid of the weight problem, but there's also the fact that Corphish has pincers, and would therefore have had a hard time grabbing that thing. Not to say it would have been impossible, but anyway.

No doubt that the producers made the decision of Ash saving the Temple without doing this analysis about Corphish though ^^"

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    *scratches head* Sorry if it's just me having hallucinations, but I could swear that you c/p'd some lines from my own movie 9 review Aaron-fan XD
    You wrote a review? Don't think I've read it...or having ever seen you before. Where's your review?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_fan View Post
    You wrote a review? Don't think I've read it...or having ever seen you before. Where's your review?
    Eh, in my LJ (link's in my sig). It's just your third sentence (about Phantom in comparison to past villains) that made me think so, because it's nearly identical to one I used in my description of Phantom. Well never mind, I see you didn't read it, sorry for my mistake XD

To include something a bit more on-topic (I don't feel like making another overall review of the entire movie though), I'd like to add that Jackie actually made me like Rangers a bit better. Maybe it was because the whole capturing process was portrayed much better and less brainwash-like than in the anime, but also because of the many character traits Jackie showed within the comparably short time period he appeared in.

He was swift in his movements and mocked Phantom like a little child (see his expression when Phantom gets hit with Jackie's juggling ball), but was also serious and considerate of the people and Pokémon he had to protect. And I especially liked the flashback that showed why he became a Ranger in the first place.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Eh, in my LJ (link's in my sig). It's just your third sentence (about Phantom in comparison to past villains) that made me think so, because it's nearly identical to one I used in my description of Phantom. Well never mind, I see you didn't read it, sorry for my mistake XD

To include something a bit more on-topic (I don't feel like making another overall review of the entire movie though), I'd like to add that Jackie actually made me like Rangers a bit better. Maybe it was because the whole capturing process was portrayed much better and less brainwash-like than in the anime, but also because of the many character traits Jackie showed within the comparably short time period he appeared in.

He was swift in his movements and mocked Phantom like a little child (see his expression when Phantom gets hit with Jackie's juggling ball), but was also serious and considerate of the people and Pokémon he had to protect. And I especially liked the flashback that showed why he became a Ranger in the first place.
    I just finished reading that review of yours. Some sentances are very similar. In any case, I didn't like Jackie that much. The instant I saw him I was like "Great. So he's some blond James Bond." I liked Phantom's...uh, right-hand man, or assistant, or however you would describe this guy. Wish he had gotten more screen time. This movie had a lot of unexpected humor - the part when Haruka was back-slapped by Hiromi's mom (I think that's her name) made me laugh so hard. This is probably my third-favorite Pokémon movie, beaten by #3 and #8. The one thing that confused me was the part at the end where everyone was flying around in those golden energy tentacles or whatever, but I would probably have understood that if there had been subtitles.

Hey anyone has the subtitles of this movie??

I don't understand Anything
    water Gym Leader "COLOMBIA"

My Copy has just arrived in the post now along with the Pikachu Mini movie as well. I'II have to watch it later this evening cause I'm heading off to work now. This will be my 3rd Japanese pokemon movie I've imported on DVD, and depsite not understanding a lick of the language-a picture speaks a thousand words right?

I also got 3 Cool Bonus items cause my DVD was first press as well:

A Mini Jigsaw puzzle of Manaphy and other water type pokemon
    A little plastic cream coloured bag with Pikachu and Manaphy on.
    A Ticket to get Manaphy downloaded onto my D/P cart (no Japanese cartridge and need to be in Japan)

I'II post my thoughts on both DVD's later.

Bug Types-Watch em go Squish under my boot.
    Gotta Squish em all' Pokemon!

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...=l&a=Gentleben

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast