Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

Hasn't been exactly a month since the last post...but I guess this still counts as bumping a topic. :/

Anyway, I just re-watched this movie a couple of days ago. This happens to be my second favorite Pokemon movie of all time (first being Pokemon Heroes: Latios and Latias; third being Giratina and the Sky Warrior) mostly because of the music used in this movie! Some were pretty calm and catchy while others sounded pretty epic. :] My favorite songs would happen to be Pokemon Ranger - Mission of EOP (where Jackie saves the Manaphy egg and escapes from Phantom's ship), Opening ~Water Tricks~ (uh yeah...you know, the Marine Water Pokemon Show that was shown in the beginning after the title sequence), and lastly, As Long As I Can Hold My Breath... / Iki no Tsuduku Kagiri... (where Ash restores the Sea Crown). Today, I just managed to get all the mp3s of the OST.
    Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU) | The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant
    3DS FC: 1977-0801-2134 | NNID: SilverLanayru | Rawr~ <3

"This is the sorceress of light, who takes to the battlefield her Book of Sorcery."

Pokégyms Badge Progress | Credits

This movie was alright, though I did enjoy Phantom's comments such as "There are two kinds of people in this world..."

I only saw the movie from the part where the Temple was sinking and afterward, but I feel I can still put my two cents in.

The only hting I really liked about the movie at all was the scenery. I lve all bodies of water, and this was so beautiful. All the Pokemon, the waterways, especially when the Temple was sinking, the place looked so pretty filled with all the water. I loved seeing the Pookemon swim past (though Luvdisc looked a little thick) and all the Wailordsd hitting the machine were nice.

I know it's typical of Pokemon, but Ash could not have swum down like that, and faint and suddenly gain conciousness again (unless it was because of what Manafi did?).

I didn't like Jackie, or Phantom (as a villain he was okay though), and May's voice irked me. It was just too high and whiney.

Okay movie, as far as I saw, but all those golden strings shooting everywhere were weird.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

The music in this movie is beautiful, which is one of the reasons it's one of my favourites.
    I liked Jackie and adored Manaphy.

When I first watched this movie, I was surprised May had diddly squat to do with the climax (apart from calling Ash back to life and Manaphy's Heat Swap). She got so much screentime in this movie, it was kinda unexpected for me.
    I was expecting her to be involved with the climx similar to how Max was completly included in Movie 6.

Overall, this movie is one I watch over and over again for the music and nice animation (though, starliteevee, I do agree with you in that Luvdisc didn't quite look right. Also, I think they sorta ruined some scenes with the overuse of computer animation) but I would understand why some people don't like it. There's not really much going on until near the very end, even then, not all would agree it's thrilling or exciting.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by starfire_jirachi View Post
    Hasn't been exactly a month since the last post...but I guess this still counts as bumping a topic. :/

Anyway, I just re-watched this movie a couple of days ago. This happens to be my second favorite Pokemon movie of all time (first being Pokemon Heroes: Latios and Latias; third being Giratina and the Sky Warrior) mostly because of the music used in this movie! Some were pretty calm and catchy while others sounded pretty epic. :] My favorite songs would happen to be Pokemon Ranger - Mission of EOP (where Jackie saves the Manaphy egg and escapes from Phantom's ship), Opening ~Water Tricks~ (uh yeah...you know, the Marine Water Pokemon Show that was shown in the beginning after the title sequence), and lastly, As Long As I Can Hold My Breath... / Iki no Tsuduku Kagiri... (where Ash restores the Sea Crown). Today, I just managed to get all the mp3s of the OST.
    I totally agree with u! i really like the background music and the characters that play in the movie! I found the scene about team rocket switching bodies very humourous! and i especially like the villain, Phantom. I like it when he says the one is the "one who is the chaser and one who is being chased and something something" and i like Jackie's line where he says "i dont know the meaning of the word give it up/failure"
    Your image was too big, so it was removed. This is your 2nd strike, so your entire signature was removed. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

worst pokemon movie i have seen ...

I really liked this movie. The only thing I didn't like was that the whole movie involved water and Misty wasn't there. I knew she wouldn't be, but I miss the early seasons.

When Jackie stole the egg from the pirates, I love the way he tells them "Excuse me, I'm not a traitor; I was never on your side." It really makes me wonder what the exact definition of 'traitor' is.
    Also, it was hillarious when the egg hatched and Phantom said "but, I wanted to use my own hands to hatch Manaphy." Oh well.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

the effects were good, but the climax was kinda eh... i still liked it. i loved the reference by rocket about diamonds and pearls. i jus dont understand how may and manaphy had enough air in the pod
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Yeah, Meowth's statement "that sounds like a great name for a game" almost could qualify as subliminal advertizing, if you ask me.
    I love when Jackie says the line "wow, you're strong, Phantom. You take vitamins?" Looks more like steroids to me.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

worst movie ever

Great movie! It introduced quite a lot of Generation IV Pokémon! I knew that Manaphy would have eventually left May.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

^ I don't think anyone really expected Manaphy to stay... especially since none of the main characters ever capture a Pokemon in a movie.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

One of the best Pokemon movies in my opinion.

It was also pretty long and it felt like I was watching a normal movie and not just an anime movie.

I didn't appreciate Manaphy too much though. I didn't think it did much.

this movie is awesome but I hate advanceshipping cause I not advanceshipper
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

This movie was one of the better Pokemon movies to me.
    I thought Manaphy was adorble and Phantom made me laugh. I found him to be hysterical. I didn't Jackie at all, he annoyed me.
    This movie gets a 7 out of 10 from me. It was alright.

Default My movie review

Well, here are the parts I liked! (some spoil movie)
    1. DIAMONDS AND PEARLS! (The part where Team Rocket is on Phantom's ship and they say "That crusty crab is so smart, when we'll be the ones to pocket those Diamonds and Pearls!" "Hey, that sounds like a good name for a game!")
    I found a blooper in that scene. On the English DVD, it says "gang" instead of "game"!
        Spoiler:- 2. Manaphy hatching.:

The part I did not like was when Team Rocket got washed away by the wave!
    I will make a fan-fic of my own ending for the movie!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!
    [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/30rsfp2.gif[/IMG]

Great May movie.

Manaphy was cute, i loved how May and Ash saved it.

Too bad that it left, as usual in movies.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This movie was one of the better Pokemon movies. I loved how May got a lot of screentime and that bond she had with Manaphy. Loved the music too. If only Manaphy could've stayed with May. Too bad that will never happen in Pokemonland
    9/10

This movie was very cool. It was great to see the Manaphy Egg featured, and Manaphy hatching from the egg. It was cool that May had the major bond with Manaphy. It was cool to see Kyogre in the movie, even though it was a short appearance. It was great to see Swaumpert in the movie. It was great having a Pokemon Ranger in this movie. It was bizarre having a Pirate crew in this movie.

70/100

I think it was funny how there were pirates.

Manaphy is so adorable it will make you cry. Nuff said. Also my third fave Pokemon movie tied with the first one.

I love all of em really. XD

Best movie without a doubt. it was absoloutely heartbreaking

This is where we see pokemon get less babyish and more beautiful
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    Best movie without a doubt. it was absoloutely heartbreaking

This is where we see pokemon get less babyish and more beautiful
    What? Honestly, if you found the first movie baby'ish, then I don't know what wrong. I found this movie to be the most childfriendly out of the lot.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast