• I like them both

28 20.74%
  • Neither

5 3.70%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kanto vs Hoenn

Default Kanto vs Hoenn

Kanto or Hoenn?*takes out all of legendaries and events just in case*
    Mine is Kanto cuz i can get loads of Togetics now!

Kanto because of the challenging second wave pokemon leauge and gyms

A very random poll indeed... But anyways, if you meant Lg/Fr, then Hoenn>>>Fr/Lg Kanto, imo. I like exploring in Hoenn and the region is bigger and doesn't take a couple of days to beat. Both are cool, but i like Hoenn more. Period.

I vote Hoenn, ftw.
    Last edited by Trooper Guy; 16th July 2006 at 12:19 AM.
    What goes around comes around...

Kanto, because there is no huge water terrain with annoying water Pokemon popping up every 5 seconds while trying to find the area where you dive to the 8th Gym or head to the Elite 4.

I like both of them.
    What signature? | My future Firered No Arms team. | Below are my first and future 4th Gen team (Diamond).
    (other three Pokemon to be announced)
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

Hoenn. Most people like Kanto, either because of nostalgia or because people think Hoenn is a rip-off of Kanto, be it the Pokemon, the locations, or anything else.

I look at Kanto's Pokemon, and most of them are generic and boring (Charizard, anyone?). Some of Hoenn's Pokemon, such as Nosepass, don't look like anything, and that's what makes them creative. And don't go on ranting about how Hoenn's Pokemon are clones of Kanto Pokemon! IMO, the word "clone" is used so much in Pokemon, people don't even know what it means anymore. I've heard some absurd stuff, such as Lairon and Aggron being rip-offs of Rhyhorn and Rhydon just because their bodies are similar.

Plus, Hoenn has most of my favorite Pokemon, such as the Latis, Flygon, and Swampert.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

I prefer Kanto cause It's got that Old school Charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

Hoenn, it has more then just grass and field, although Kanto is good too.
    Hoenn has more diverse areas, such as the top of a volcanoe, underwater, a city in a crater,etc.
    <-(will trade 1st 2, preferably for shinies)
    thanks to Bonemerang for the TC!

JohtoGirl Guest

Johto owns both of them.
    However I prefer Kanto to Hoenn.

I like hoenn music better though,hmmm i forgot to put Orre

Hoenn, Kanto was kinda boring.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Well, I like Kanto personally because most of my favorite Pokémon happen to come from it, although this does not belong here at all.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Hoenn. It seems to be real varied (sp?) and full of adventure. Kanto seems kind of plain in my opinion.

Manene out

A friendly and fun chao forum! We're also half Web Art! You can come to Chao Talk, and be a part of something, where you're not just a member; you're a friend.

~

Hoenn Mainly because of the Battle Frontier but Hoenn has the best Starters ever!

I like them noth. They are both unique.

Hoenn! The last generation is always my favorite.

It´s strange, Jolteon is my favorite Pokémon and it belongs to the region I hate the most!
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Kanto. I did like it because I played it first, but I played Emerald and I tried to like Hoenn, but I couldn't. Most of the pokemon are very boring, to me, and the entire region took forever to get through. There was a long stretch in Hoenn (I think in the water) that bored me out of my mind.

Plus, Kanto pokemon are the best.

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

I like both. But they each offer something different..Kanto has Staryu..Hoenn has Tate & Liza..

I definitely prefer Hoenn. I loved Kanto, but it has pretty plain and generic geography. It has some nice islands (Cinnabar and Seafoam) and a cool Safari Zone, but otherwise it's just the usual trees and grass.

Hoenn is a lot more diverse. It has the rainy area with tall grass (my favorite place in the region), lots of little ponds and puddles around, an ashy area with the volcano, and a lot of coastal area. Plus, there are various trees and grass, which makes the region a lot more beautiful and fun to explore.

And while Kanto's Elite 4 get powered up, I like fighting the powered up Gym Leaders in Hoenn more (more trainers--8, and double battles!).

I like Hoenn more. The old pokemon are becoming, well... old for me. I like things that are new.

I'm the one who posted the "1st" neither !

I really think they both weren't so great, Johto.. .just can't beat Johto

my first game .. .and the one region I'll die loving
    Quote Originally Posted by gotiloco View Post
    OLD-SCHOOL PWNz !!!

Banner Created by:Llybian Minamino, Silver = best game, Typhlosion = best pokemon

Earn Free Money and Prizes: Points2Shop

Hoenn. Never liked Kanto, bar a few great Pokémon from it. Otherwise, it's just.....boring. Hoenn is awesome. Variety rules with an iron fist, people, places, and Pokémon.

≈*V Tsun*≈
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I like them both

Hoenn has beautiful landscapes and awesome pokemon like Flygon, Deoxys, and Blaziken

Kanto has awesome music and beautiful pokemon like Charizard, Mewtwo, and Magmar

Where the hell is Johto ._. anyway I like Hoeen better.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast