Thread: Question on EV Training

Question Question on EV Training

how can I tell how many EV points your pokemon has? Cause on my sapphire game I went to the EV woman in slateport city and shes telling me i need to train my pokemon a little harder after I gave all my pokemon the max amount of HP Ups, Calciums, Proteins, Irons, Zincs, Carboss. Is there a certian way to figure out how many EVs a pokemon has?

no. the closest you can get is, if you have emerald, you can figure out how many EVs you have in a stat to within 10.

save. feed berries 21-26 to the pokemon until it stops saying "base (stat) fell!", and the number of berries that work for each stat (X) tell you that the pokemon has between X-9 and X EVs in that stat.

if you've fed it all the vitamins it can take of all kinds, then its EVs should be maxed out. are you sure the pokemon you want her to check the EVs of is in the first slot in your party?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard42
    no. the closest you can get is, if you have emerald, you can figure out how many EVs you have in a stat to within 10.

save. feed berries 21-26 to the pokemon until it stops saying "base (stat) fell!", and the number of berries that work for each stat (X) tell you that the pokemon has between X-9 and X EVs in that stat.

if you've fed it all the vitamins it can take of all kinds, then its EVs should be maxed out. are you sure the pokemon you want her to check the EVs of is in the first slot in your party?
    Yes, I always do have the pokemon I want to be cheacked in the 1st slot of my party.

You really should consider keeping track of it while you train it. Maybe using pen and paper to mark off how many opponent's you've battled.

Whenever you use vitamins, they boost EVs by 10. So if you use a Protein, your Attack EV is raised by 10.

Each Pokémon you fight gives EVs for specific stats. When you beat Zigzagoon for instance, your speed EV raises by 1.

The maximum amount of EVs you can have altogether is 510. You can max out one stat's EVs at 252. As soon as you've trained and calculated all 510 EVs, then the woman gives you a ribbon to signify your EV training is complete.

You can figure out EVs exactly by doing what WhiteWizard said, then (after resetting) battle a Pokemon that gives out 1 EV, save and test that stat again with the berries. Once you give it one extra berry then before, then you know that you are at the bottom value of the next range.
    A signature so short, it's
    Slim.