Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 223

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Alrighty, Jonouchi and Dragon 11, you're both free to move out of the Training Zone and into regular FB Zones. Unfortunately they're all capped at the moment, but that will be sorted out by the end of the month. Good luck to you both.


    Jonouchi, you've improved a great deal since you started here, especially recently. Keep it up, and you'll be doing well in no time.

    Dragon 11, you're taking far too much for granted. You could have done a lot more with that last reply, but chose not to. Remember not to create anything your updator hasn't mentioned, whether it be weather conditions or time of day. I'm tempted to keep you here a little longer, but I have a lot of work to get through in the next two weeks so I'd like this zone free ASAP. Try to keep in mind the points I mentioned via PM and you should be ok.


    Note to ZA's and ZO's: I'm scrapping the star system in this zone but adding something else. If any updatees are not replying as they should be, you will have the option to send them into this zone. If you do this, the updatee in question will be restricted to this zone and this zone only until I say otherwise. This will be a last resort though, but I know of a few members who could end up here if they don't begin trying to put a little more effort into their replies.


    EDIT: Pearl's Perap, you were replying well enough to move out of the training zone before you left. Now that you've returned, you may also move into regular zones. The Christmas break has delayed the work we've been doing in regards to getting our current zones sorted out, but we're in the final stages of development of the new system so you'll have active (and uncapped) zones to reply to before long.
    Last edited by enchantress; 7th January 2007 at 3:23 PM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    PikaGod slowly walked into Mediville. He looked around in amazement at the beautiful scenery of the farmland. Suddenly he was pushed onto the ground by something slamming into his back.

    "What the?" PikaGod asked before noticing a small acorn-like pokemon running away.

    "Nuzzles! You get back here!" he yelled playfully at his Seedot.

    But Nuzzles kept running away from his trainer. PikaGod took about five minutes but he soon caught up to the grass-type.

    "Hey Nuzzles, I have something for you," said PikaGod before slipping a Miracle Seed over the Seedot's acorn hat.

    PikaGod stood up with Nuzzles beside him and awaited any challenges that befell him.
    Last edited by PeeGee; 1st June 2007 at 8:49 AM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    38

    Default

    The moon was full as it shone down on the Graveyard. Max slowly stepped into the large graveyard, as he stepped the twigs snapped beneath his feet. "hooowwwwwllllll" a cry sounded and Max jumped in fright. Houndour jumped out from behind a near-by grave and wagged its tail, he dropped a stick and pushed it towards Max. "Oh is that all you want, you scared me soooo much that I almost died besides Houndour we can't play! What if one of those ghosts come? Huh? What will we do then?" Max questioned the little pup, all Houndour did was stare and cocked its head in confusion. "Don't worry, just... come on already" Max said walking down the dark path to a large stone statue.
    Last edited by The Houndoom; 3rd June 2007 at 8:06 AM. Reason: expanded
    The Houndoom
    Part of the Spectrum Seven
    _Wins_ | _Losses_
    0 | 0

    Pearl FC: Max- 3136-4913-0351

    Help me hatch by clicking me!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default Numero Uno

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
    PikaGod: Arriving in the quaint little farming village of Mediville which looks like a page out of a history book, you're surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops being a welcome change to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through. Slowly strolling along the street while examining the village you suddenly hear a shrill scream and turn in the direction from which it came from. Spying a Meowth streaking along the street toward you with something shiny in its mouth, you then see a woman appear, screaming, "STOP THIEF! STOP THAT MEOWTH!" What will you do?


    The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
    The Houndoom: The sun is setting as you and your faithful Houndour enter the sombre grounds of the graveyard situated on the outskirts of the town of Mediville. All is quiet, and though the weather has cooled a little there is no obvious reason for the chill you feel run up your spine as your gaze falls upon row after row of gravestones before you. Max doesn't appear to mind your choice of locations to explore as he's more interested in playing instead, but nonetheless follows along as you head deeper into the cemetery. Beautiful shades of pink, yellow and orange color the sky as day slowly turns to night, but you're suddenly distracted when Max releases a startled yelp after a Teddiursa appears from behind one of the gravestones and launches itself at him in a frenzied and apparently unprovoked attack...

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
    PikaGod: Arriving in the quaint little farming village of Mediville which looks like a page out of a history book, you're surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops being a welcome change to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through. Slowly strolling along the street while examining the village you suddenly hear a shrill scream and turn in the direction from which it came from. Spying a Meowth streaking along the street toward you with something shiny in its mouth, you then see a woman appear, screaming, "STOP THIEF! STOP THAT MEOWTH!" What will you do?
    PikaGod stared at the cat pokemon before deciding to do something.

    "Ok Nuzzles. Lets stop this thief! Try to annoy the Meowth and use bide if it attacks you!" ordered PikaGod.

    Oh boy. Nuzzles doesn't actually know any damaging moves. I hope that he does ok, thought PikaGod, pretending that he was absolutely confident in his pokemon's abilities.

    The Seedot looked up at his trainer and nodded. He ran towards the cat with his Miracle Seed dangling behind him.

    Last edited by PeeGee; 5th June 2007 at 10:02 AM.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
    The Houndoom: The sun is setting as you and your faithful Houndour enter the sombre grounds of the graveyard situated on the outskirts of the town of Mediville. All is quiet, and though the weather has cooled a little there is no obvious reason for the chill you feel run up your spine as your gaze falls upon row after row of gravestones before you. Max doesn't appear to mind your choice of locations to explore as he's more interested in playing instead, but nonetheless follows along as you head deeper into the cemetery. Beautiful shades of pink, yellow and orange color the sky as day slowly turns to night, but you're suddenly distracted when Max releases a startled yelp after a Teddiursa appears from behind one of the gravestones and launches itself at him in a frenzied and apparently unprovoked attack...
    "Houndour!" MAx jumped back as his pokemon was attacked "Houndour... buddy, use an ember! Quickly aim for its belly" HE cried to Houndour in fright, the Teddiursa seemed strong and wasn't going to go down to easily... and it was only a little bear! Max noticed that there was nowhere the little pokemon could have come from! The graves looked scarier in such dim light but Houndour's ember lit up the area.
    Last edited by The Houndoom; 7th June 2007 at 3:02 AM.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Houndoom View Post
    (Max is my charachter... Houndour is my houndour... sorry if i confused you... I'll stype in 1st-person if it helps)
    My mistake. It was late, I was tired, the server kept crashing and I was pissed off so I rushed it, misreading your post in the process. Please don't use first person narrative though, I despise it.


    For both of you, please read the Arcane Realm's very first rule and then reply to your updates again.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    I updated my post.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Sorry, it had more then four when i was posting but i should have checked afterwards
    The Houndoom
    Part of the Spectrum Seven
    _Wins_ | _Losses_
    0 | 0

    Pearl FC: Max- 3136-4913-0351

    Help me hatch by clicking me!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    A note to both of you - When replying, think about the situation you're in. What are your thoughts? What are your feelings? Given a real life situation, and in the FB world your adventures are "real" in a sense, how will you react to whatever situation you've just found yourself in? Surely you're not going to come across something like an enraged Tauros and say, "Blaze, use Flamethrower!" Your initial reaction is going to be something along the lines of "Holy S***! WTF am I going to do now?!" You're most likely going to be ready to pee your pants, so RP that into your reply. Show some emotion. Show some feeling. Think about what you would do if you find yourself in the situation you're facing and RP it into your reply before you start thinking, "Blaze! use Flamethrower!" Trust me, your replies will be a hell of a lot more believable, and one thousand times better than charging straight in to attack. FB is about role playing so the sooner you start working on getting into character and putting as much into your replies as you can, the sooner you'll be free of me and out there adventuring in mainstream zones.



    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
    PikaGod: Without even stopping to think, you immediately instruct Nuzzles to help the woman. Eager to be of assistance, Nuzzles obeys your orders, rushing toward Meowth in the hope of at least tripping it up since there isn't a great deal more he can do.

    With his little miracle seed dangling behind, Nuzzles streaks into the path of Meowth, causing the thieving kitty to take a tumble, Nuzzle's miracle seed slamming it in the eye as both Pokémon roll head over heels on the cobblestone street.

    Furious at having its escape foiled, and half blinded from the hit to its eye, Meowth turns on Nuzzles who sees the attack coming and bides himself for the impact. Meowth swipes Nuzzles across his little cheek before growling menacingly, and preparing to strike again...



    The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
    The Houndoom: Surprised by the sudden attack, you unwittingly take a step backward before the reality of the situation sinks in and you realise that Houndour is in serious trouble. The ferocity of Teddiursa's attack seems rather strange, but right now all you're thinking of is protecting your Pokémon, and the only way you can do that is by having him fight back in defense of himself.

    Houndour is also stunned by the unexpected attack, but knows that if he doesn't defend himself he'll end up mince meat and so unleashes an ember, the flurry of flames shooting into the air around the enraged little bear and singeing its fur. Teddiursa only seems more angry now, and swats Houndour, scratching him on the nose...

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    [size=1][i]
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
    PikaGod: Without even stopping to think, you immediately instruct Nuzzles to help the woman. Eager to be of assistance, Nuzzles obeys your orders, rushing toward Meowth in the hope of at least tripping it up since there isn't a great deal more he can do.

    With his little miracle seed dangling behind, Nuzzles streaks into the path of Meowth, causing the thieving kitty to take a tumble, Nuzzle's miracle seed slamming it in the eye as both Pokémon roll head over heels on the cobblestone street.

    Furious at having its escape foiled, and half blinded from the hit to its eye, Meowth turns on Nuzzles who sees the attack coming and bides himself for the impact. Meowth swipes Nuzzles across his little cheek before growling menacingly, and preparing to strike again...
    "Nuzzles! Hang in there!" yelled PikaGod, his voice warbling in worry.

    He had just sent his trusted pokemon out into battle and it had only scored a hit because his Miracle Seed.

    Wait! Nuzzles has the ability to become very hard. This may give Nuzzles the chance to win! thought PikaGod as he realised something.

    "Nuzzles Harden up a bit!" ordered PikaGod, hoping his hunch was right.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Quick note - If you continue to reply with the absolute minimum effort as you have been thus far, you'll be adventuring in the Arcane Realm for a very long time. Please take note of how others are replying and attempt to RP in response to your situation a little more.

    Deciding that Nuzzles best chance here is to toughen up in order to defend himself against Meowth's onslaught, you instruct him to harden himself, an order causing Nuzzles to glance at you quizzically. Judging from the expression on his face, he's as a little confused as to why you're asking him to use another move when he's already biding himself against Meowth's attacks.

    Out of the corner of his eye, Nuzzles notices Meowth move in again before clawing and scratching at him in a frenzied onslaught which is wearing him down rather quickly. Not sure how much more of Meowth's scratches he can endure, Nuzzles wonders if he can survive another round of battle before unleashing the energy he is accumulating, or whether he should release it now. Guess you have a decision to make...

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Quick note - If you continue to reply with the absolute minimum effort as you have been thus far, you'll be adventuring in the Arcane Realm for a very long time. Please take note of how others are replying and attempt to RP in response to your situation a little more.

    Deciding that Nuzzles best chance here is to toughen up in order to defend himself against Meowth's onslaught, you instruct him to harden himself, an order causing Nuzzles to glance at you quizzically. Judging from the expression on his face, he's as a little confused as to why you're asking him to use another move when he's already biding himself against Meowth's attacks.

    Out of the corner of his eye, Nuzzles notices Meowth move in again before clawing and scratching at him in a frenzied onslaught which is wearing him down rather quickly. Not sure how much more of Meowth's scratches he can endure, Nuzzles wonders if he can survive another round of battle before unleashing the energy he is accumulating, or whether he should release it now. Guess you have a decision to make...


    "Ok Nuzzles! Hang in there! Its time for me to make the final decision!" yelled out PikaGod, "If you don't think that its possible for you to survive any longer unleash the energy that you have stored in your body or if you feel that you can go on than you can!"

    PikaGod took a short breath after yelling out his last sentence.

    Hopefully Nuzzles has managed to store enough energy because that Meowth looks pretty strong and it has given a good beating to Nuzzles. Even with his hardened state Nuzzles hasn't been able to stand up to the Meowth. I've messed up really bad! thought PikaGod.

    "Sorry Nuzzles," he whispered.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
    PikaGod: Note: Nuzzles couldn't use Harden because he's still using Bide...

    While Nuzzles knuckles down, biding his time, Meowth reconsiders attacking him, deciding instead to make its getaway. Giving Nuzzles one final scratch for good measure, Meowth picks up its little trinket before fleeing down the street again. Nuzzles is reluctant to allow the thieving kitty to get away this easily, especially considering all of the pain he's suffered in the last minute, and unleashes a beam of energy which streaks after Meowth, whacking it in the backside and sending it flying head first into a nearby wall. Amazed with what he'd just done, Nuzzles can only gape while Meowth falls into a crumpled heap on the floor, the item it had stolen falling out of its mouth and rolling into the gutter where it sits silently, shining in the sunlight. Meowth has been KOed. Level up for Nuzzles.

    Before you can blink, the woman who had been crying out for Meowth to be stopped comes racing up the street to collect the item stolen from her before turning around and sweeping Nuzzles up in a huge hug.

    "Thank you little Seedot!" she cries ecstatically. "You've saved a priceless family heirloom from being stolen away forever! You're my hero!"

    Turning to you, she asks casually, "I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I feel I can trust you after what you and your little friend have done for me. Will you mind delivering a letter to Farmer Jones for me? The postman has been sick all week and I really can't make it out there myself, so if you have the time..."

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
    PikaGod: Note: Nuzzles couldn't use Harden because he's still using Bide...

    While Nuzzles knuckles down, biding his time, Meowth reconsiders attacking him, deciding instead to make its getaway. Giving Nuzzles one final scratch for good measure, Meowth picks up its little trinket before fleeing down the street again. Nuzzles is reluctant to allow the thieving kitty to get away this easily, especially considering all of the pain he's suffered in the last minute, and unleashes a beam of energy which streaks after Meowth, whacking it in the backside and sending it flying head first into a nearby wall. Amazed with what he'd just done, Nuzzles can only gape while Meowth falls into a crumpled heap on the floor, the item it had stolen falling out of its mouth and rolling into the gutter where it sits silently, shining in the sunlight. Meowth has been KOed. Level up for Nuzzles.

    Before you can blink, the woman who had been crying out for Meowth to be stopped comes racing up the street to collect the item stolen from her before turning around and sweeping Nuzzles up in a huge hug.

    "Thank you little Seedot!" she cries ecstatically. "You've saved a priceless family heirloom from being stolen away forever! You're my hero!"

    Turning to you, she asks casually, "I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I feel I can trust you after what you and your little friend have done for me. Will you mind delivering a letter to Farmer Jones for me? The postman has been sick all week and I really can't make it out there myself, so if you have the time..."

    "Uh well OK miss," stammered out PikaGod.

    He was amazed by the fact that this woman had instantly trusted him. He hadn't actually done anything. It was all Nuzzles' work. PikaGod looked down at his trusty pokemon. The Seedot was covered in scratch marks.

    "But first miss, do you have anything that could heal Nuzzles. He is pretty badly hurt?" asked the partially worried trainer.

    The small grass-type pokemon sighed as he heard his trainer ask if he could get healed because he was pretty badly hurt.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
    The Houndoom: Surprised by the sudden attack, you unwittingly take a step backward before the reality of the situation sinks in and you realise that Houndour is in serious trouble. The ferocity of Teddiursa's attack seems rather strange, but right now all you're thinking of is protecting your Pokémon, and the only way you can do that is by having him fight back in defense of himself.

    Houndour is also stunned by the unexpected attack, but knows that if he doesn't defend himself he'll end up mince meat and so unleashes an ember, the flurry of flames shooting into the air around the enraged little bear and singeing its fur. Teddiursa only seems more angry now, and swats Houndour, scratching him on the nose...

    A slither of light grabbed at the sky as the Sun set, it was already really dark but Max managed to see what was happenning. The graves aren't that scary after all Max said in his mind, looking towards one on second thoughts..., Max snapped back from the scenery and looked at his pup, "Houndour we're taking this teddy down, whether it wants to be or not!" Max cried "Houndour dodge everything it throws at you, of course i mean attacks you, if it lands a hit blast it with an ember!" Houndour puffed as it readied itself.
    Last edited by The Houndoom; 17th June 2007 at 12:12 PM.
    The Houndoom
    Part of the Spectrum Seven
    _Wins_ | _Losses_
    0 | 0

    Pearl FC: Max- 3136-4913-0351

    Help me hatch by clicking me!

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Note: The more you give me by way of reply, the more effort I'll put into your updates. If you continue to give me the absolute minimum, and you're both doing that at the moment, don't expect miracles from me. Everyone watches the AR, not only me, so show us all what you can do *chop chop* Get into character and give us everything you've got!


    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
    PikaGod: The woman eyes you warily, the look in her eyes making you wonder if she is having second thoughts about asking for your help.

    "You... you don't have any healing items for your Pokémon?" she asks, her voice clearly displaying a tone of disapproval.

    Realising how she has sounded, she immediately smiles, putting your mind to rest. "The Pokémon Centre is right down the street love," she says, pointing toward a small stone building with a large Pokéball design over the entrance. "But before you go, here is the letter. You'll find Farmer Jones' farm on the western outskirts of town. Just follow Main Street to its northern end, then take the left junction and you'll find the farm several miles down the road. A nice walk in the countryside will do your little friend the world of good after he's all healed up."

    Handing you the letter, she thanks you again before turning back and walking down the street in the direction from which she had come. Nuzzles looks up at you, pointing toward the Pokémon Centre. "Seedot?" he asks hopefully, clearly feeling tired and sore from his recent battle...



    The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
    The Houndoom: Houndour stands watching the small bear, briefly wondering why the little pipsqueak is so aggravated. Something etched into the gravestone catches his eye, but he's more interested in ensuring he's not mauled to death and so concentrates upon his attacker. Teddiursa Leers him down, a low growl rumbling threateningly in its throat. It reaches out, and while you're convinced it is going to attack Houndour again while he's unable to react whilst caught up in Teddiursa's Leer, the tiny bear simply shoves him off the mound of dirt in front of the gravestone before turning to you and holding its claws up in a manner clearly stating it'll tear you to shreds if you do not move along right now.

    Houndour, not in the least impressed at being pushed around by a little bear, unleashes another Ember which showers over Teddiursa who perceives the attack as being a challenge and retaliates by charging Houndour and Scratching him again.

    Houndour is stinging from the scratches he has sustained, while Teddiursa's fur is singed in several places. While the two appear to be at a standoff, neither backing down, you can't shake the feeling something else is going on here that you're completely unaware of...

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    [size=1]Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
    PikaGod: The woman eyes you warily, the look in her eyes making you wonder if she is having second thoughts about asking for your help.

    "You... you don't have any healing items for your Pokémon?" she asks, her voice clearly displaying a tone of disapproval.

    Realising how she has sounded, she immediately smiles, putting your mind to rest. "The Pokémon Centre is right down the street love," she says, pointing toward a small stone building with a large Pokéball design over the entrance. "But before you go, here is the letter. You'll find Farmer Jones' farm on the western outskirts of town. Just follow Main Street to its northern end, then take the left junction and you'll find the farm several miles down the road. A nice walk in the countryside will do your little friend the world of good after he's all healed up."

    Handing you the letter, she thanks you again before turning back and walking down the street in the direction from which she had come. Nuzzles looks up at you, pointing toward the Pokémon Centre. "Seedot?" he asks hopefully, clearly feeling tired and sore from his recent battle...
    PikaGod looked up at the Pokemon Centre and was amazed about how he had missed it. There weren't any other buildings with enormous pokeballs on them.

    "So Nuzzles, lets go," the beginning trainer said to his precious and injured pokemon.

    As the two of them started walking up towards the Centre PikaGod fingered the envelope.

    I have to know what's inside this, thought PikaGod.

    As him and Nuzzles walked through the automated sliding doors PikaGod resisted the urge to open the letter and immediately read what was inside. Instead he walked up to the nurse's counter and asked if Nuzzles could be healed.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Entering the Pokémon Centre, you approach the counter and ask the nurse to tend to Nuzzles. She smiles, taking him from you and giving him a quick examination.

    "He looks good," she says. "Nothing a little rest won't fix. But to be on the safe side I'll give him a little potion and some ointment for those scratches, and he'll be good as new. If you'll just give me a moment..."

    Gently lifting Nuzzles in her arms, she walks into a room behind the counter and while you're waiting you unintentionally overhear a conversation between two teenage boys sitting in the waiting area.

    "I couldn't believe it!" exclaims the first, who is obviously quite distressed. "They didn't leave ANYTHING behind. Not a THING! How can that happen?"

    "You're kidding!" replies the second, shocked by the news his friend has relayed. "You mean they just took him? There wasn't even a struggle?"

    "It's hard to say," the first boy responds. "Unless they got him while he was sleeping. He's the fifth this month..."

    The boy stops talking, too choked up to continue speaking, while his friend sits beside him unsure of what to say.

    At that moment, the nurse returns to the counter with Nuzzles wrapped safely in her arms and looking rather happy.

    "Here you go," she smiles, handing him over to you. "Try not to let him battle again too soon. He'll need a little break before fighting again, but he looks like a tough little fellow so he'll be feeling better very soon."

    With Nuzzles all healed up and a letter to deliver, it looks like it's time to head off...

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Entering the Pokémon Centre, you approach the counter and ask the nurse to tend to Nuzzles. She smiles, taking him from you and giving him a quick examination.

    "He looks good," she says. "Nothing a little rest won't fix. But to be on the safe side I'll give him a little potion and some ointment for those scratches, and he'll be good as new. If you'll just give me a moment..."

    Gently lifting Nuzzles in her arms, she walks into a room behind the counter and while you're waiting you unintentionally overhear a conversation between two teenage boys sitting in the waiting area.

    "I couldn't believe it!" exclaims the first, who is obviously quite distressed. "They didn't leave ANYTHING behind. Not a THING! How can that happen?"

    "You're kidding!" replies the second, shocked by the news his friend has relayed. "You mean they just took him? There wasn't even a struggle?"

    "It's hard to say," the first boy responds. "Unless they got him while he was sleeping. He's the fifth this month..."

    The boy stops talking, too choked up to continue speaking, while his friend sits beside him unsure of what to say.

    At that moment, the nurse returns to the counter with Nuzzles wrapped safely in her arms and looking rather happy.

    "Here you go," she smiles, handing him over to you. "Try not to let him battle again too soon. He'll need a little break before fighting again, but he looks like a tough little fellow so he'll be feeling better very soon."

    With Nuzzles all healed up and a letter to deliver, it looks like it's time to head off...
    As they left the PokeCentre PikaGod still held his Seedot in his arms.

    "Well Nuzzles, now you are all healed up, aren't you," cooed PikaGod.

    Nuzzles let out a disturbing giggle as his owner slid a finger over his acorn hat.

    "Well we better set off to the farmer's house" commented PikaGod as he put down his beloved pokemon.

    "OK, where did she say to go again?She said just follow Main Street to its northern end, then take the left junction I think. Is that right Nuzzles?" asked PikaGod.

    The pokemon nodded, swayed back and forth (When you have no body they are practically the same thing.)

    "Let's go!" yelled out PikaGod.

    Then he asked, "Where's Main Street?"

    Nuzzles facefaulted.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Realising you have no idea of where Main Street is located, you don't have any time to dwell on the matter when you hear an ambulance siren wailing in the distance. It's becoming steadily louder as it nears, and a moment later you hear the screech of tires outside before ambulance officers come charging through the door with a stretcher. You notice there are two Mareep laying on it, bleeding heavily. They're bleating pathetically, the sound so agonizing that you can't help but pity the poor sheep. It is then that the two boys you had overheard talking leap to their feet, the first boy who had been so upset, even paler than he'd been a few minutes ago.

    "Not again!" he wails, throwing himself onto the stretcher to hug the Mareep. "And this time in broad daylight!"

    "You'd better get home Danny," the ambulance officer says to the boy, whom he obviously knows. "Your dad's looking for you."

    Looking to the nurse, Danny appears to be torn between leaving the sheep or returning home.

    "It's ok," she says softly, "I'll take good care of them Danny, I promise."

    Immediately setting to work, the nurse instructs the ambulance officers to take the injured Mareep into the emergency room, leaving Danny to stare after them. The other boy stands, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "We'd better go..."

    Danny nods, his eyes burning with tears, before rushing out of the Pokémon Centre with his friend, leaving you standing alone in the waiting room wondering what's going on.

    Walking outside, you notice the boys running up the road when a man sees you standing on the street looking a little confused. Explaining that you don't know where Main Street is and that you need to get to the Jones Farm, the man laughs.

    "You're on Main Street lad, and that there boy up there is the Jones boy. Just follow him and you'll be at the Jones Farm before nightfall..."

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Realising you have no idea of where Main Street is located, you don't have any time to dwell on the matter when you hear an ambulance siren wailing in the distance. It's becoming steadily louder as it nears, and a moment later you hear the screech of tires outside before ambulance officers come charging through the door with a stretcher. You notice there are two Mareep laying on it, bleeding heavily. They're bleating pathetically, the sound so agonizing that you can't help but pity the poor sheep. It is then that the two boys you had overheard talking leap to their feet, the first boy who had been so upset, even paler than he'd been a few minutes ago.

    "Not again!" he wails, throwing himself onto the stretcher to hug the Mareep. "And this time in broad daylight!"

    "You'd better get home Danny," the ambulance officer says to the boy, whom he obviously knows. "Your dad's looking for you."

    Looking to the nurse, Danny appears to be torn between leaving the sheep or returning home.

    "It's ok," she says softly, "I'll take good care of them Danny, I promise."

    Immediately setting to work, the nurse instructs the ambulance officers to take the injured Mareep into the emergency room, leaving Danny to stare after them. The other boy stands, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "We'd better go..."

    Danny nods, his eyes burning with tears, before rushing out of the Pokémon Centre with his friend, leaving you standing alone in the waiting room wondering what's going on.

    Walking outside, you notice the boys running up the road when a man sees you standing on the street looking a little confused. Explaining that you don't know where Main Street is and that you need to get to the Jones Farm, the man laughs.

    "You're on Main Street lad, and that there boy up there is the Jones boy. Just follow him and you'll be at the Jones Farm before nightfall..."

    "Thank you," said PikaGod as he shook the man's hand.

    I wonder what managed to hurt those poor Mareeps? thought PikaGod.

    And I sure hope that what ever did it doesn't hurt Nuzzles.

    The troubled trainer looked down at his pokemon. Blissfully unaware of what his trainer was thinking Nuzzles was happily hopping along with recently restored vigour.

    Soon however the pair of pokemon/trainer stopped. They had finally arrived at the Jones' place.

    "Well Nuzzles, lets go and deliver this letter to Farmer Jones," said PikaGod.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    PikaGod: I'm going to need you to reply to your update again. You've self updated which is something I explained to you during the RP Part of the Registration Test. Nowhere in the update did I state that you were anywhere near the farm, let alone already there. In fact, you hadn't even left the town yet.

    Another thing that's concerning me, and this I've mentioned a couple of times, is the way you're putting in minimal effort with replies. Please take this as constructive criticism because that's what it is, as all I want is to see you improve.

    Remember this?

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    A note to both of you - When replying, think about the situation you're in. What are your thoughts? What are your feelings? Given a real life situation, and in the FB world your adventures are "real" in a sense, how will you react to whatever situation you've just found yourself in? Surely you're not going to come across something like an enraged Tauros and say, "Blaze, use Flamethrower!" Your initial reaction is going to be something along the lines of "Holy S***! WTF am I going to do now?!" You're most likely going to be ready to pee your pants, so RP that into your reply. Show some emotion. Show some feeling. Think about what you would do if you find yourself in the situation you're facing and RP it into your reply before you start thinking, "Blaze! use Flamethrower!" Trust me, your replies will be a hell of a lot more believable, and one thousand times better than charging straight in to attack. FB is about role playing so the sooner you start working on getting into character and putting as much into your replies as you can, the sooner you'll be free of me and out there adventuring in mainstream zones.
    So far, all I've been seeing are reactions to situations rather than any real roleplaying. Thinking in character and taking in everything that is going on around you is the first step to creating better replies. You've had several situations where other things have been going on, the two most recent being the conversation you overheard between the two boys, and the drama with the Mareep. In both replies you've completely ignored the events around you. This is the reason I ended the last update in the way I did - I wanted to see what you're going to do without me guiding you to react to the immediate situation. It's time to reflect. I'm sure you have questions regarding the things you've seen and heard so I'd like to see what you can do with that.

    What did you think when you overheard the boys? How did you feel when you saw the Mareep? What was your reaction to the boys obvious dismay upon seeing the injured Mareep? Did any of this even matter to you? If so, I'd like to see it worked into your reply. If you were really there, if you were seeing, hearing and experiencing all of this in real life, how would you feel? It's these reactions (thoughts, feelings, etc), that I'm looking for.

    Feel free to sift through FB zones to see how other people reply if you think it will help, but I'm going to have to ask you to reply to your last update again. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Realising you have no idea of where Main Street is located, you don't have any time to dwell on the matter when you hear an ambulance siren wailing in the distance. It's becoming steadily louder as it nears, and a moment later you hear the screech of tires outside before ambulance officers come charging through the door with a stretcher. You notice there are two Mareep laying on it, bleeding heavily. They're bleating pathetically, the sound so agonizing that you can't help but pity the poor sheep. It is then that the two boys you had overheard talking leap to their feet, the first boy who had been so upset, even paler than he'd been a few minutes ago.

    "Not again!" he wails, throwing himself onto the stretcher to hug the Mareep. "And this time in broad daylight!"

    "You'd better get home Danny," the ambulance officer says to the boy, whom he obviously knows. "Your dad's looking for you."

    Looking to the nurse, Danny appears to be torn between leaving the sheep or returning home.

    "It's ok," she says softly, "I'll take good care of them Danny, I promise."

    Immediately setting to work, the nurse instructs the ambulance officers to take the injured Mareep into the emergency room, leaving Danny to stare after them. The other boy stands, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "We'd better go..."

    Danny nods, his eyes burning with tears, before rushing out of the Pokémon Centre with his friend, leaving you standing alone in the waiting room wondering what's going on.

    Walking outside, you notice the boys running up the road when a man sees you standing on the street looking a little confused. Explaining that you don't know where Main Street is and that you need to get to the Jones Farm, the man laughs.

    "You're on Main Street lad, and that there boy up there is the Jones boy. Just follow him and you'll be at the Jones Farm before nightfall..."
    "Thank you," said PikaGod as he took the man's advice.

    But the trainer couldn't take his mind off those poor Mareeps.

    What ever did that to those Mareeps must be pretty heartless, thought PikaGod, I hope to god that whatever it is, it doesn't get to my Nuzzles

    Putting that thought out of his mind PikaGod suddenly remembered something from when he was about eight. His brother had just finished his pokemon journey and had promised PikaGod that when his Gliscor had babies he could have one. That promise was never fulfilled. HIs brother had died that night.
    Last edited by PeeGee; 5th September 2007 at 2:19 PM.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    923

    Default

    (Linkage to Registration/Profile)

    A young girl stepped into the fabled Arcane Realm where new trainers were expected to enter before they were allowed to set off for far more dangerous adventures. She was dressed in a plain, black, sleeveless blouse, along with a black skirt with the picture of a small white heart imprinted near the corner. A pair of stylish black high-heels completed the set. She clutched a Pokeball in her hands before clipping it to a belt around her waist.

    Sighing, the female pondered on the places in the Arcane Realm she could go to. The place that appealed to her was the Graveyard. However, her Pokemon, Torchic, had no moves effective on the types she thought would appear there, ghost types. After all, it was a Graveyard, so she expected it to consist of mainly ghost types.

    Mediville seemed like the next best place to go. The people there were friendly, according to this short, undescriptive guide of the Arcane Realm. Wild Pokemon there were also around the level of her starter Pokemon. She pondered on where to go for a slight moment before making up her mind.

    Heading towards Mediville and the village there, a small grin flashed across her face for a slight moment, as if saying that this was definitely the best decision. However, how was she to know it was the best choice when she didn't even entered the place yet?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •