Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 223

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: I seem to have missed the part where you received a phone call in your update so I can only assume you're self updating. Please reply again.

    Kishu Arashi: Wandering along a dirt road on the outskirts of Mediville, you're wondering what the town centre itself will be like. It's a perfect spring morning, the air is crisp and fresh, and the farms you're passing appear to be quiet and peaceful. This seems to be just the kind of place to visit for some time out away from the hectic hustle and bustle of city life, but the young boy you see on the road ahead has caught your attention, pushing all other thoughts from your mind. He looks to be around ten years old and is standing by the fence looking into the paddock of the farm you are passing. The expression on his face is one of pure anguish, and when you look in the direction in which he is staring you notice a Rapidash tied to a tree in the farm's pasture. It looks to be half starved, severely dehydrated, and can barely stand, but the rope it's tied to is so high on the tree that it's unable to even lay down to rest. There is no food or water anywhere in the near vicinity and even while you watch the tortured creatures front legs give out beneath it causing it to stumble forward, the rope halting its fall to the ground and nearly choking it until Rapidash regains its feet and stands still, its entire body wracked by heavy, laboured breathing. The boy is now crying, and though it's obvious he wants to jump the fence and rush to the aide of Rapidash, something is holding him back...

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: Wandering along a dirt road on the outskirts of Mediville, you're wondering what the town centre itself will be like. It's a perfect spring morning, the air is crisp and fresh, and the farms you're passing appear to be quiet and peaceful. This seems to be just the kind of place to visit for some time out away from the hectic hustle and bustle of city life, but the young boy you see on the road ahead has caught your attention, pushing all other thoughts from your mind. He looks to be around ten years old and is standing by the fence looking into the paddock of the farm you are passing. The expression on his face is one of pure anguish, and when you look in the direction in which he is staring you notice a Rapidash tied to a tree in the farm's pasture. It looks to be half starved, severely dehydrated, and can barely stand, but the rope it's tied to is so high on the tree that it's unable to even lay down to rest. There is no food or water anywhere in the near vicinity and even while you watch the tortured creatures front legs give out beneath it causing it to stumble forward, the rope halting its fall to the ground and nearly choking it until Rapidash regains its feet and stands still, its entire body wracked by heavy, laboured breathing. The boy is now crying, and though it's obvious he wants to jump the fence and rush to the aide of Rapidash, something is holding him back...
    The young boy on the road seemed to have caught Arashi's attention. His emotions were clear as that anguished face was seen so clearly. He was staring at something in the farm's pasture and the girl just could not wonder why he was having that look. Glancing at the direction the boy was staring at, it turned out a poor Rapidash was tied to a tree in the pasture, severely tortured. As it stumbled forward for a while, the rope halted the fall and almost choked Rapidash till it regained its footing and stands still.

    Noises seem to have escaped from the boy, revealing his tears. It seemed as if he pitied the Rapidash. But if he was caring about it, why didn't he dare jump across the fence and aide the Rapidash? Something was up and Arashi wanted to get to the bottom of it, even though it would get the folks of Mediville to picture her as a nosy, busybody.

    The brunette approached the young boy, a concerned look on her face. Leaning against the fence somewhere near the boy, she gave him a small smile, as if caring what was up with him. She attempted to comfort him by asking a short, simple question in the most caring voice she could (which was really bad, but she tried anyway).

    "What's wrong? You seem really upset about something. Are you worried about the Rapidash over there?"

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: Seemingly unconcerned for the Rapidash or the boy, your curiosity gets the better of you and you approach the child trying to show at least some sign of compassion in the hope of eliciting a response of some kind. Asking him what the matter is, you watch while he turns to you, his eyes filled with tears.

    "August used to be mine," he chokes, almost unable to continue speaking. Pausing to try and get himself together, he continues his story.

    "August used to be mine. My mother gave her to me before she died, four years ago. August was only a little Ponyta then, and I raised her and took care of her the way my mother wanted me to. I trained her and taught her how to be a show horse like her own mother was but because August was young I couldn't enter her in competitions. When August evolved two years ago my dad let me enter her in the County Fair where all of the best Rapidash compete. She won every contest that year, and last year, and even attracted the attention of the Laramie's who own the best Rapidash in the world who wanted to come here to Mediville to meet her."

    He stops for a moment, looking back to August who is staring at straight back at the boy with an expression of hope mingled with despair.

    "When my dad fell into some trouble last year and needed to borrow some money so we can keep our farm, he had to borrow from Mr Wesley," the boy continues, shooting an angry look toward the house standing a little further back from the pasture August is tied up in. "Mr Wesley owns everything in Mediville, even the police, and is jealous of August because she was winning all of the awards at the County Fair that his horses couldn't win because August is better than them. He made dad put our farm and August up as collateral for the loan. If he didn't, Mr Wesley wouldn't loan him the money we needed. Then someone torched our wheat crops, so dad couldn't sell them to pay back the loan and Mr Wesley came and took August and the deeds to our farm. We have to move away tomorrow but I don't want to leave without August."

    "I know he burned our crops but the police won't search his property for the equipment that was used to wreck our field. If we have proof we can hand it in at Hazard Sheriff's Office in the next town and he'll get into trouble and we'll get our farm and August back."

    The boy stares at the house again, the expression of resentment mixed with anguish unmistakable.

    "I can't even help August now, because Mr Wesley said he'll shoot her in the head if I go anywhere near her again."

    Surprised by this last comment, you look toward the house and notice the shadow of a man sitting inside at the front window of what you assume to be his living room, the barrel of a shotgun pointed toward August in the pasture...

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    I changed my post.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    PikaGod: I didn't ask you to edit your post, I asked you to reply again. In any case, you'll still need to make another reply as you're going completely offtrack. You started off replying to the situation at hand but have then veered off into territory totally unrelated to your storyline. Please try to get back on track so we can tie this up.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Realising you have no idea of where Main Street is located, you don't have any time to dwell on the matter when you hear an ambulance siren wailing in the distance. It's becoming steadily louder as it nears, and a moment later you hear the screech of tires outside before ambulance officers come charging through the door with a stretcher. You notice there are two Mareep laying on it, bleeding heavily. They're bleating pathetically, the sound so agonizing that you can't help but pity the poor sheep. It is then that the two boys you had overheard talking leap to their feet, the first boy who had been so upset, even paler than he'd been a few minutes ago.

    "Not again!" he wails, throwing himself onto the stretcher to hug the Mareep. "And this time in broad daylight!"

    "You'd better get home Danny," the ambulance officer says to the boy, whom he obviously knows. "Your dad's looking for you."

    Looking to the nurse, Danny appears to be torn between leaving the sheep or returning home.

    "It's ok," she says softly, "I'll take good care of them Danny, I promise."

    Immediately setting to work, the nurse instructs the ambulance officers to take the injured Mareep into the emergency room, leaving Danny to stare after them. The other boy stands, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "We'd better go..."

    Danny nods, his eyes burning with tears, before rushing out of the Pokémon Centre with his friend, leaving you standing alone in the waiting room wondering what's going on.

    Walking outside, you notice the boys running up the road when a man sees you standing on the street looking a little confused. Explaining that you don't know where Main Street is and that you need to get to the Jones Farm, the man laughs.

    "You're on Main Street lad, and that there boy up there is the Jones boy. Just follow him and you'll be at the Jones Farm before nightfall..."
    "Thank you," said PikaGod as he took the man's advice.

    But the trainer couldn't take his mind off those poor Mareeps.

    What ever did that to those Mareeps must be pretty heartless, thought PikaGod, I hope to god that whatever it is, it doesn't get to my Nuzzles

    Looking down at his pokemon, which was happily bouncing about, PikaGod smirked.

    It won't get to him, he thought.

    Attempting to put away the horrible images of the poor injured Mareeps, PikaGod lifted up his hand and returned his pokemon to its ball.

    "Well, I better get this letter to the Jones' place."

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Not even attempting to catch up with Danny, you set off in the same direction in which he was running, but soon find he's out of sight. You're not sure what mutilated the Mareep that were brought into the Pokémon Centre, but you do know that whatever happened to them occurred at the Jones Farm and so you recall Nuzzles so that nothing bad can happen to him. Several minutes later, you're walking along a dirt road and into Mediville's surrounding farmlands when you hear some whimpering coming from a deep, man made ditch in the field next to the road. Taking a closer look, you find a young Poochyena laying at the bottom who appears to have injured its front paw from the fall. It's whimpering softly while licking its paw, but when it sees you above it begins snarling ferociously, believing you are the one to have set the trap it has fallen into...

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Not even attempting to catch up with Danny, you set off in the same direction in which he was running, but soon find he's out of sight. You're not sure what mutilated the Mareep that were brought into the Pokémon Centre, but you do know that whatever happened to them occurred at the Jones Farm and so you recall Nuzzles so that nothing bad can happen to him. Several minutes later, you're walking along a dirt road and into Mediville's surrounding farmlands when you hear some whimpering coming from a deep, man made ditch in the field next to the road. Taking a closer look, you find a young Poochyena laying at the bottom who appears to have injured its front paw from the fall. It's whimpering softly while licking its paw, but when it sees you above it begins snarling ferociously, believing you are the one to have set the trap it has fallen into...
    PikaGod backed up a bit. What was wrong with this Poochyena? The newbie trainer had just seen it and the dog pokemon was threatening him.

    "Hey there boy," whispered PikaGod, in hope that he could sooth the angry pokemon.

    At the same time PikaGod's left hand was resting upon Nuzzles' pokeball.

    Let's hope that this pokemon is too injured to attack, thought PikaGod

    He took a step forward and awaited what was coming.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    *sobs* I want Ollie...

    Alright. You're barely managing to pass the requirements of the very first rule of the Arcane Realm (no less than four lines when replying), which tells me you're putting in the bare minimum time and time again. The main purpose of FB is roleplaying and you're just not doing that. Replies MUST start improving very, very soon or we'll be looking at revoking registration. Please read through the UPN Arcane Realm's Records and pay attention to how people are replying. Ignore Coordinator's replies because he's close to having his registration revoked as well, but pay special attention to Xuande, Shadowshocker, and Ollie. The zones are what FB is all about, so please think before replying. I've given you tips before so please start paying attention.





    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Taken aback by Poochyena's initial response to seeing you, you're not quite sure how to react, instinctively reaching for Nuzzle's Pokéball. Attempting to soothe the injured Pokémon's nerves by speaking to it in a calming tone of voice, something appears to be working as Poochyena stops snarling and instead returns to licking its paw, staring warily up at you while it does so. Luckily the ditch is too deep for Poochyena to even attempt attacking, but you know that if you leave it down there it's sure to starve as there is no way it can make its own way out. Looking around, you see a couple of long planks which have been left by a hole in the fence. The farm's owner will obviously be returning at some point to repair the fence, but for now those planks look sturdy enough to be used as a ramp. While contemplating this, you also realise this ditch is too deep and too narrow to have been made for no reason and begin to wonder if someone has deliberately tried to trap this little pup, or if it has fallen in by accident. Surely someone will be along soon to check, but as you're weighing your options regarding leaving Poochyena where it is or attempting to help it, Poochyena yips loudly to regain your attention. Looking back down at it, you see it's now standing, it's injured paw lifted slightly off the ground while it looks up at you hopefully. It appears you have a decision to make...

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    PikaGod: Taken aback by Poochyena's initial response to seeing you, you're not quite sure how to react, instinctively reaching for Nuzzle's Pokéball. Attempting to soothe the injured Pokémon's nerves by speaking to it in a calming tone of voice, something appears to be working as Poochyena stops snarling and instead returns to licking its paw, staring warily up at you while it does so. Luckily the ditch is too deep for Poochyena to even attempt attacking, but you know that if you leave it down there it's sure to starve as there is no way it can make its own way out. Looking around, you see a couple of long planks which have been left by a hole in the fence. The farm's owner will obviously be returning at some point to repair the fence, but for now those planks look sturdy enough to be used as a ramp. While contemplating this, you also realise this ditch is too deep and too narrow to have been made for no reason and begin to wonder if someone has deliberately tried to trap this little pup, or if it has fallen in by accident. Surely someone will be along soon to check, but as you're weighing your options regarding leaving Poochyena where it is or attempting to help it, Poochyena yips loudly to regain your attention. Looking back down at it, you see it's now standing, it's injured paw lifted slightly off the ground while it looks up at you hopefully. It appears you have a decision to make...
    Oh boy, thought the trainer, If I even attempt a rescue there is a chance that those planks won't hold my weight.

    PikaGod stared at the Poochyena while trying to make a decision. It just broke his heart to maybe discover that someone had deliberately attempted to hurt or even kill a small innocent pokemon.

    "Well let's take a chance," he muttered under his breath.

    Knowing full well that if the boards were not able to keep his weight, PikaGod would be sent tumbling into the ditch and could possibly hurt himself bad. But PikaGod also knew that if the Poochyena was saved that the dark-type pokemon could live a longer life and one day evolve into a Mightyena.

    "Here goes nothing..." whispered the scared trainer as he went for the boards.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    It appears strategic scenarios are not the way to go with the Arcane Realm as there are obvious signs of struggling showing here. I'll be reposting The Houndoom's last update should he decide to return, restarting Kishu Arashi, and suspending PikaGod's membership until an RP test is passed. Again...



    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: Arriving in the quaint little farming village of Mediville which looks like a page out of a history book, you’re surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops a stark comparison to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through. Slowly strolling along the street while examining the village you notice a scared little Skitty sitting in the gutter in the street ahead with a rather nasty looking Snubbull standing threateningly over top of it. Skitty is mewing softly, far too terrified to move, while Snubbull begins to close in on it...



    The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

    The Houndoom: Houndour stands watching the small bear, briefly wondering why the little pipsqueak is so aggravated. Something etched into the gravestone catches his eye, but he's more interested in ensuring he's not mauled to death and so concentrates upon his attacker. Teddiursa Leers him down, a low growl rumbling threateningly in its throat. It reaches out, and while you're convinced it is going to attack Houndour again while he's unable to react whilst caught up in Teddiursa's Leer, the tiny bear simply shoves him off the mound of dirt in front of the gravestone before turning to you and holding its claws up in a manner clearly stating it'll tear you to shreds if you do not move along right now.

    Houndour, not in the least impressed at being pushed around by a little bear, unleashes another Ember which showers over Teddiursa who perceives the attack as being a challenge and retaliates by charging Houndour and Scratching him again.

    Houndour is stinging from the scratches he has sustained, while Teddiursa's fur is singed in several places. While the two appear to be at a standoff, neither backing down, you can't shake the feeling something else is going on here that you're completely unaware of...

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: Arriving in the quaint little farming village of Mediville which looks like a page out of a history book, you’re surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops a stark comparison to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through. Slowly strolling along the street while examining the village you notice a scared little Skitty sitting in the gutter in the street ahead with a rather nasty looking Snubbull standing threateningly over top of it. Skitty is mewing softly, far too terrified to move, while Snubbull begins to close in on it...
    (OOC: Sorry about lateness in replying. Have been bogged down with school life and all I barely have time to RP. My final year exams are coming so my replies to your updates will be fairly slow due to revision. Sorry for not letting you know in advance, I'll try to find time to RP during this period of three weeks, after which on Friday of the third week, my exams end)

    Mediville was a simple old town to the young girl. Sure, she wanted something interesting to go to but she chose Mediville because she wanted to start a simple adventure in a realm totally new to her. Tapping her feet as she took a stroll along the street having a quick glance around the village, a scared little pink cat sat in a gutter along the street with another pink creature intimidatingly staring over the kitten. Mewing softly as the bigger, towering pink Pokemon began closing in on its victim, Arashi decided that this was the best time to react.

    Sure, she usually displayed close to no emotion to most humans for humans were usually the ones who started their problems but she had to feel a little sympathy for the poor, yet simply endearingly cute cat. Whipping out the Pokeball containing her Pokemon, she ran towards the gutter, trying to react as quickly as possibly so the bigger, yet meaner, pink Pokemon couldn't harm the harmless kitten.

    Dashing forward, she threw the Pokeball as far she could towards the direction of the gutter, hoping that her Pokemon would be able to stop the meaner creature, whom she had just remembered was called Snubull after checking her Pokedex, before the young cat could come into contact with harm.


    (OOC: If you don't mind me asking, what's the nature of my Torchic? Thanks)

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: No problem. As for Torchic, it's your choice as to what Nature you'd like her to have.
    Regarding your reply, please keep in mind that if you'd like your updates to move along at a faster pace it will be helpful if you order your Pokémon to make some kind of move. This way, the battle can start with the next update rather than the one after. Also, be sure to mention the Pokémon you're using to avoid any confusion. At the moment it's not really an issue, but as your team grows your updator will need to know which Pokémon is in the ball that is being used.



    Unable to stand seeing a Pokémon in trouble, particularly an adorable little pink kitty, you're quick to react. Rushing forward whilst whipping out your Pokéball, you waste no time in tossing it right in front of Snubbull and skid to a halt while Torchic appears in a flash of bright light as she emerges from her ball. Skitty looks surprised, Snubbull looks angry, and Torchic blinks rapidly, wondering what on earth she's been tossed into the middle of. Taking note of the frightened kitten and bully Snubbull, it only takes Torchic a moment to size up the situation. While she's a little hesitant about defending a cat, whose natural instinct is to eat her kind, she isn't about to argue the matter and faces Snubbull with a warning look in her eye. Snubbull grins widely, convinced it's found an entree before trying to intimidate Torchic by pulling a Scary Face. The attempt backfires though, as Snubbull is ugly enough to be considered scary already, Torchic staring back at it with a determined expression on her face while she prepares to battle...

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Unable to stand seeing a Pokémon in trouble, particularly an adorable little pink kitty, you're quick to react. Rushing forward whilst whipping out your Pokéball, you waste no time in tossing it right in front of Snubbull and skid to a halt while Torchic appears in a flash of bright light as she emerges from her ball. Skitty looks surprised, Snubbull looks angry, and Torchic blinks rapidly, wondering what on earth she's been tossed into the middle of. Taking note of the frightened kitten and bully Snubbull, it only takes Torchic a moment to size up the situation. While she's a little hesitant about defending a cat, whose natural instinct is to eat her kind, she isn't about to argue the matter and faces Snubbull with a warning look in her eye. Snubbull grins widely, convinced it's found an entree before trying to intimidate Torchic by pulling a Scary Face. The attempt backfires though, as Snubbull is ugly enough to be considered scary already, Torchic staring back at it with a determined expression on her face while she prepares to battle...
    Arashi knew that difficulties would arise in this situation. Due to the fact that kitties like eating birds, Torchic seemed scandalized that she had to protect a cat of all things. Though she disliked doing this favor, it was her first chance to prove to her trainer that she was a strong Pokemon.

    As the Snubull attempted a Scary Face technique on Hinote, the girl looked by in the corner as it failed due to the pure fact that Snubull was rather, per say, ugly, so the young hatchling didn't feel really intimidated like she should when this technique would be performed by another Pokemon.

    Glaring back at the pink bull, her face showed the determined side of her, ready to win her first battle, or so she hoped... The bad thing was, her trainer went down and did an attempt to scoop the kitten into her arms.

    Hinote disregarded the fact that her trainer was not concentrating on the battle and was more concentrated in scooping up the cat into her arms instead. She stomp her foot to alert her trainer of the battle and Arashi immediately turned around.

    Thinking strategically, the girl knew she had to work with what little moves Torchic knew. Snubull seemed to be of a higher level than Hinote and seemed to have a bigger arsenal of techniques available to him/her. Complementing the fact that Snubull's current attacks were pretty much stat-reducing and physical attacks, reducing his attack power would definitely be a choice. Thank god Torchic learned Growl naturally.

    "Hinote, Growl," the brunette said, "Attempt reducing his attack power to soften the damage done to you. And hm..."

    The female pondered whether or not she should start using attack moves but decided that one more use of the Growl technique would benefit her now. It would definitely serve as Snubull's bane somehow, in the end, in which his attacks wouldn't do as much damage than the start of the battle, where they were fresh.

    "Growl one more time before going up close to him for a Scratch!" Arashi rattled her commands rather quickly. Turning back to the Skitty, she had one eye on the battle between Hinote and the Snubull, while the other she had on Skitty, wanting to scoop the adorable kitten into her arms so she could cradle it.

    Young girls these days...

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: With Snubbull and Torchic sizing each other up, neither willing to give any ground, you make a move to step closer to Skitty which doesn't go down too well with Hinote. She stomps her foot angrily, demanding you return your attention to your own Pokémon rather than that of a total stranger, which forces you to stop and concentrate on the impending battle as your first priority. Taking Snubbull's strengths and weaknesses into account, you quickly come to the conclusion that Hinote is at a distinct disadvantage here and decide to risk having her reduce Snubbull's attack power before attempting an attack of her own. Hinote appears rather concerned with this as it will mean she'll have to rely on some quick footwork in order to avoid becoming the dogs next meal, but she understands the logic in your decision and so obeys without question, Growling threateningly at Snubbull. The little bulldog seems slightly taken aback, never expecting a little chicken to even attempt standing up to it, but then appears to have a change of heart, lunging in and Tackling Hinote. The two crash to the ground in a tumble of limbs and flying feathers before coming to a stop with Snubbull pinning Hinote underneath it. Snubbull is pleased to have Hinote right where it wants her and while it stares down at Hinote with a smug look on its face and its teeth crackling with electricity, it doesn't seem too concerned at all with the fact Hinote is still Growling ferociously at it. That is until Snubbull attempts to sink its Thunder Fang into Torchic's neck... Hinote kicks her feet up into Snubbull's belly just before those hideous teeth make contact, digging her claws in as deeply as possible and then pushing downward with all her might resulting in Snubbull rearing backward and upward, yelping in agony as Hinote opens a long wound in its belly with her Scratch attack from hell. With Hinote scrambling out from beneath Snubbull and now impatiently awaiting your next instructions, you scoop Skitty up into your arms, trying to soothe the terrified kitten who is now as scared for Hinote as it was for itself only moments ago...

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,653

    Default

    It was a perfect day to start a journey, with the sun shining brightly, and many small clouds dotting the sky.

    Katsushige and his Electrike, Kiba, had recently arrived in the Arcane Realm, and had started their way down a long road that would eventually take them to their first, unchosen destination. The road winded through a seemingly endless, unchanging landscape of rolling hills and open countryside.

    Both of them were staring into the sky at the clouds as they walked, (As it seemed more interesting then what surrounded them on the ground), perfectly silent, and letting their minds wander.

    Katsushige, after sometime, decided to break the silence, and spoke what was on his mind to Kiba, saying "Are you really okay with this whole battling thing? I mean, in the five years of your life, you haven't once gotten into a fight with another Pokemon."

    Kiba seemed to think for a moment, then replied with a short "Ra", and a nod of his head.

    Continuing on, Katsushige said, "The only thing we have to go off of are those training sessions we had a few days before we left. In a real fight you could get really hurt or even...I don't want to think about it. But battles are inevitable, so I suppose there's no use worrying about it. I'll just do all I can to make sure none of those things happen to you."

    After a while, the two came to a crossroad, with one path leading to the town of Mediville in the distance, and the other continuing off into the wilderness. Katsushige stopped to think for a moment, closing his eyes, and putting his hand on his chin, while Kiba sat, seemingly anxious to hear his decision.

    About half a minute later, Katsushige opened his eyes, and announced his decision, saying "We're going to that town over there.", pointing his finger in the direction of Mediville. "Considering our relative lack of battling experience, it would be foolish to head out into the wilderness. Let's get some practice, and maybe then we can go somewhere a little more interesting".

    No sooner then Katsushige had finished his last sentence, Kiba took off at maximum speed (Which, of course, was very fast) in the direction of Mediville, eager to get a closer look.

    Katsushige sighed, and smiled, before running after his friend, who had come to a stop a short ways from the town, and was waiting patiently...

    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

    3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: For future reference, can you please refrain from using any font size larger than default? I personally prefer size one as it makes the entire look of a zone so much neater, but default is acceptable as well.

    While Kiba waits patiently for you on the outskirts of the town of Mediville, you notice something come flying out of a tree beside the road and whack him in the head. Startled, he turns to the tree and looks up into it only to cop another hit to the face. Seeing your Pokémon coming under attack from some kind of mysterious assassin, you race along the quiet dirt road when another object comes flying out of the tree. Kiba sidesteps it this time, but as you come to a skidding halt beside him to make sure he's ok, yet another missile is launched - this time at YOU. After receiving a hit from what feels like a small rock, which you soon discover are acorns, you turn to the tree, puzzled, only to find a little Pachiriusu giggling hysterically from the branches above. Seems this little one finds bombarding unsuspecting passersby with its acorns of death to be amusing...

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: For future reference, can you please refrain from using any font size larger than default? I personally prefer size one as it makes the entire look of a zone so much neater, but default is acceptable as well.

    While Kiba waits patiently for you on the outskirts of the town of Mediville, you notice something come flying out of a tree beside the road and whack him in the head. Startled, he turns to the tree and looks up into it only to cop another hit to the face. Seeing your Pokémon coming under attack from some kind of mysterious assassin, you race along the quiet dirt road when another object comes flying out of the tree. Kiba sidesteps it this time, but as you come to a skidding halt beside him to make sure he's ok, yet another missile is launched - this time at YOU. After receiving a hit from what feels like a small rock, which you soon discover are acorns, you turn to the tree, puzzled, only to find a little Pachiriusu giggling hysterically from the branches above. Seems this little one finds bombarding unsuspecting passersby with its acorns of death to be amusing...
    Kiba had started to let out an irritated growl after getting whacked between the eyes by the second acorn, but nothing more, as he was quite mild-mannered, compared to most of his kind, who probably would've retaliated in a more aggressive fashion.

    "Some way to have fun...", Katsushige said to himself quietly, as he picked up the acorn that had hit him, looking at it for a moment, before tossing it aside. Katsushige then started to continue down the path, thinking to himself, "I doubt that Pachirisu means any real harm, though, so I think I'll just ignore it for now".

    Having come to his decision on how to deal with the mischievous squirrel, Katsushige called out to Kiba, saying "Let's be on our way. It'll probably leave us alone once we get out of its throwing range."

    Kiba hurried back to his trainer's side, but did so while keeping an eye on his assailant, hoping to avoid any additional acorns to the head...

    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

    3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: With Snubbull and Torchic sizing each other up, neither willing to give any ground, you make a move to step closer to Skitty which doesn't go down too well with Hinote. She stomps her foot angrily, demanding you return your attention to your own Pokémon rather than that of a total stranger, which forces you to stop and concentrate on the impending battle as your first priority. Taking Snubbull's strengths and weaknesses into account, you quickly come to the conclusion that Hinote is at a distinct disadvantage here and decide to risk having her reduce Snubbull's attack power before attempting an attack of her own. Hinote appears rather concerned with this as it will mean she'll have to rely on some quick footwork in order to avoid becoming the dogs next meal, but she understands the logic in your decision and so obeys without question, Growling threateningly at Snubbull. The little bulldog seems slightly taken aback, never expecting a little chicken to even attempt standing up to it, but then appears to have a change of heart, lunging in and Tackling Hinote. The two crash to the ground in a tumble of limbs and flying feathers before coming to a stop with Snubbull pinning Hinote underneath it. Snubbull is pleased to have Hinote right where it wants her and while it stares down at Hinote with a smug look on its face and its teeth crackling with electricity, it doesn't seem too concerned at all with the fact Hinote is still Growling ferociously at it. That is until Snubbull attempts to sink its Thunder Fang into Torchic's neck... Hinote kicks her feet up into Snubbull's belly just before those hideous teeth make contact, digging her claws in as deeply as possible and then pushing downward with all her might resulting in Snubbull rearing backward and upward, yelping in agony as Hinote opens a long wound in its belly with her Scratch attack from hell. With Hinote scrambling out from beneath Snubbull and now impatiently awaiting your next instructions, you scoop Skitty up into your arms, trying to soothe the terrified kitten who is now as scared for Hinote as it was for itself only moments ago...

    Patting the pink-colored cat on its head, a sense of worry and panic was throbbing inside of Arashi's heart. Hinote didn't have any special, fancy moves like Snubull, who had Thunder Fang in its arsenal. Who knew what other moves the pink Pokemon might have? It would be even more difficult if Snubull knew a move like Water Pulse.

    As thoughts raced across her head, Arashi glanced at her still energetic and fighting Pokemon. Deciding that aiming for the wound Snubull received from Hinote's Scratch would be the best decision, the brunette showed a face of calmness instead of the worry inside of her heart. There was no point in feeling hopeless, it would cause the Skitty in her arms to feel more terrified. She raised a finger pointing at Snubull, ready to shout out her choices for her attacks this turn.

    "Scratch! Follow up with another Scratch at the wound at its belly! Find an opening and attack with another Scratch!"

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: Determined not to show the doubt clouding your heart not only for Hinote's sake but Skitty's as well, your relay your next instructions with more confidence than you're feeling. Hinote appears pumped, the adrenaline rush of her previous victory, if only temporary, urging her to continue fighting for all she's worth. With Snubbull still reeling from that last attack, Hinote lunges forward and strikes again, kicking out and Scratching the wound on Snubbull's belly with her little claws which succeed in deepening the cut even further. Snubbull is livid, diving for Hinote and Tackling her to the ground. The two take another tumble, but Hinote has the advantage now as she's still quite calm while Snubbull is too enraged to be thinking clearly. Kicking her little foot up again, Hinote once again aims for Snubbull's open wound resulting in a pained yelp ringing through the streets of Mediville. In a blind rage, and its mouth beginning to frost over as its teeth appear to become coated with ice energy, Snubbull opens its mouth wide in preparation for its Ice Fang attack when Hinote kicks upward and Scratches Snubbull's face. Unfortunately Hinote doesn't come out of this one as easily as before as Snubbull sinks its icy teeth into her little leg. Hinote squawks in agony and Snubbull adds insult to injury by Tackling your little fire chick to the ground, pinning her beneath it...

    Rakurai: Deciding to leave the cheeky squirrel to its own devices you continue upon your journey into Mediville. Pachirisu appears to be content to let you pass considering it's already had its fun with you, and several minutes later you find yourself standing in the little town's marketplace. It's a quaint little place, the old style buildings and cobblestone streets giving the town a unique kind of charm, but what has caught your attention is the group of people standing by an alley. They're all speaking rather animatedly, as though arguing about something, and upon passing you smell what has to be the most putrid odour you've ever had the misfortune of coming across. You can't help but overhear their argument, as it seems none of them are willing to "get rid of the thing" even though they're all offering each other large payments as a reward if another will do the job for them...

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: Deciding to leave the cheeky squirrel to its own devices you continue upon your journey into Mediville. Pachirisu appears to be content to let you pass considering it's already had its fun with you, and several minutes later you find yourself standing in the little town's marketplace. It's a quaint little place, the old style buildings and cobblestone streets giving the town a unique kind of charm, but what has caught your attention is the group of people standing by an alley. They're all speaking rather animatedly, as though arguing about something, and upon passing you smell what has to be the most putrid odour you've ever had the misfortune of coming across. You can't help but overhear their argument, as it seems none of them are willing to "get rid of the thing" even though they're all offering each other large payments as a reward if another will do the job for them...
    Upon reaching Mediville, Kiba had once again decided to take the lead, but this time, he only stayed a few meters ahead, much to the relief of his worrysome trainer.

    "I guess he must've figured out that going far ahead of me isn't the wisest thing to do, even if all he got was a couple of acorns to the head...", Katsushige thought to himself, as he kept an eye on his companion, who seemed to be intrigued by his unfamiliar surroundings.

    Not long after that thought had passed through Katsushige's mind, however, Kiba came to a sudden stop, widening his eyes, before running behind his trainer, as though he were trying to hide from some unseen force.

    "What's wrong? Do you smell something weird?", Katsushige asked Kiba, after noticing his once pleasant expression had changed to one of pure disgust. "Well, whatever it is, I don't think we can avoid it, so we'll just have to deal with it", he said, before continuing down the road leading towards the town marketplace. After a moment of hesitation, and a whine, Kiba reluctantly followed.

    It wasn't long before Katsushige had drawn close enough to the source of Kiba's plight to notice it himself.

    "Ugh... Where is that awful smell coming from? If it's bothering me this much, then you must be suffering, having such a keen sense of smell and all. Perhaps you'd like to hide in your Pokeball for now?"

    Kiba shook his head in response to Katsushige's last sentence, seeming interested in finding out where the smell was coming from, despite the misery it was causing him.

    "Well then, maybe someone around here knows something about this", Katsushige said, happening to notice the group of people arguing just as he finished his words. "I guess I'll go ask them..."


    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

    3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: The putrid odour wafting through the air is enough to nearly make you gag, but for some reason both you and Kiba are intrigued by it. Wondering where it's coming from, you can't help but overhear the conversation going on between the townsfolk and slowly approach them. Upon noticing your presence, one of the men looks you up and down, quite obviously curious as to why you're here. Upon explaining that you'd heard part of their conversation and are wondering what is causing the smell, the man seems more than happy to explain.

    "A purple Pokémon, if you can call it a Pokémon because it looks like living sludge, has invaded our town and polluted our water supply. All of our crops are either dead or dying, and even our drinking water is contaminated. There are no Pokémon in town strong enough to do battle with the creature because they're all too sick, and as you've already heard none of us are willing to get to close to it either. We have to do something or we'll lose everything we've ever worked for, but we can't face it alone - not without any Pokémon for backup..."

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: The putrid odour wafting through the air is enough to nearly make you gag, but for some reason both you and Kiba are intrigued by it. Wondering where it's coming from, you can't help but overhear the conversation going on between the townsfolk and slowly approach them. Upon noticing your presence, one of the men looks you up and down, quite obviously curious as to why you're here. Upon explaining that you'd heard part of their conversation and are wondering what is causing the smell, the man seems more than happy to explain.

    "A purple Pokémon, if you can call it a Pokémon because it looks like living sludge, has invaded our town and polluted our water supply. All of our crops are either dead or dying, and even our drinking water is contaminated. There are no Pokémon in town strong enough to do battle with the creature because they're all too sick, and as you've already heard none of us are willing to get to close to it either. We have to do something or we'll lose everything we've ever worked for, but we can't face it alone - not without any Pokémon for backup..."
    "I never would've imagined that this town was facing such a crisis...", Katsushige thought to himself. "I don't know if I'm ready to deal with something like this, or more importantly, if Kiba is ready, but it seems like these people need all the help they can get."

    After thinking for a moment, Katsushige responded to what the man had said, having decided to offer assistance.

    "We'd be happy to help out. My name is Katsushige, and this is my Electrike, Kiba."

    Kiba raised a paw, as if to wave, and uttered something short in his language (Most likely a simple greeting), upon hearing his name being used in an introduction.

    "I can't say that I have much experience when it comes to battles, though, and the same goes for Kiba. To be honest, we haven't battled once in our lives, but at very least, we have a basic grasp of how it's done. Hopefully, enough of a grasp to provide decent backup for you and the others. Do you have some sort of plan for dealing with the Pokemon?"

    After having spoken, Katsushige started to ponder over what the man had described as being the source of the problem, formulating a battle plan well before the time had come.

    "A purple Pokemon that looks like living sludge... No doubt, that has to be a Grimer or a Muk. I honestly don't know how Kiba is going to deal with something like that, given his lack of moves. It would be idiotic to make him try attacking something like that physically, given how toxic its body is, and also the fact that it isn't solid, meaning he'd probably just get himself stuck to it if he tried. However, I don't think his Thunder Wave is going to be able knock it out, or even cause any harm. I just hope that if those men have a plan, simply stunning it will be enough to let them handle the rest..."



    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

    3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: "Plan?" the man responds. "We have no plan. All of our Pokémon are too ill to battle the creature or to even draw it out of the sewers. Perhaps if you can at least lead it out into the daylight we may be able to catch it with something."

    Suddenly realising he hasn't even introduced himself yet, the man introduces himself as Harris before pointing to an old wooden door at the end of the alley.

    "The stairs leading into the sewers are behind that door. I know it's asking a lot lad, but if you think you can handle the job we're willing to reward you..."

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: Determined not to show the doubt clouding your heart not only for Hinote's sake but Skitty's as well, your relay your next instructions with more confidence than you're feeling. Hinote appears pumped, the adrenaline rush of her previous victory, if only temporary, urging her to continue fighting for all she's worth. With Snubbull still reeling from that last attack, Hinote lunges forward and strikes again, kicking out and Scratching the wound on Snubbull's belly with her little claws which succeed in deepening the cut even further. Snubbull is livid, diving for Hinote and Tackling her to the ground. The two take another tumble, but Hinote has the advantage now as she's still quite calm while Snubbull is too enraged to be thinking clearly. Kicking her little foot up again, Hinote once again aims for Snubbull's open wound resulting in a pained yelp ringing through the streets of Mediville. In a blind rage, and its mouth beginning to frost over as its teeth appear to become coated with ice energy, Snubbull opens its mouth wide in preparation for its Ice Fang attack when Hinote kicks upward and Scratches Snubbull's face. Unfortunately Hinote doesn't come out of this one as easily as before as Snubbull sinks its icy teeth into her little leg. Hinote squawks in agony and Snubbull adds insult to injury by Tackling your little fire chick to the ground, pinning her beneath it...
    Seeing Hinote injured rather badly from Snubull and its elemental fangs, Arashi got rathered worried due to the fact it was her first battle and Snubull seemed to be an experienced battler. No matter what, she had to win. Being pinned under by the Snubull, the girl had to think of a quick counter attack. Thinking that attempting to push Snubull off Hinote was simple, just a nice kick upwards at its big gash. However, how to continue fighting him was the problem. Growl wouldn't work for her for Snubull appeared more menancing than before. Looks like she just had to stick to Scratch. Pity.

    "Hinote, kick him at his big wound with your stronger leg, hopefully it pushes him off you," said the brunette, thinking up of what else to do at that moment, before adding, "Hm... Alright, Scratch it again at that wound and attempt another Scratch!"

    Crossing her fingers on her left hand, she patted the young Skitty in her arms, who looked rather worried about the whole situation to her. She glanced at the kitten and really felt like making it the first Pokemon capture she had. Well, she didn't want to fight it, hopefully it'd come along and join her, but that was just all hoping. She had to wait for this battle to end first of course.
    Last edited by Ryuusei; 5th October 2007 at 7:56 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •