Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

Thumbs up Capture Success: You're Mine Carvahna!

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Quite surprised by Blitz's interpretation of your attack order, you have no reason to complain considering the results. Though the outcome isn't quite what you'd expected, the end result is that Carvanha has no way out of this situation leaving you with all of the odds in your favour. Once again taking your Lure Ball in hand, you figure the little piranha will be stupid to fight and quickly throw it at the flailing fish before it dies. The old man watches intently, his curiosity getting the better of him, while the Lure Ball sucks Carvanha inside and begins wobbling in the pit of sand. Looks like Carvanha may not be so smart after all as it's putting up quite a fight. Either that or it would rather die than allow itself to be caught. After an excruciatingly long struggle, the Lure Ball finally falls still, the capture light turning green with an accompanying, "Piiing!", signalling your successful capture of a Lv.3 male Carvanha.

"Congratulations lad," says the old man upon witnessing your success. "It was touch and go for a minute there, but you did it."

He looks back down at Wingull whose eyes are open but is still far from well, before he continues speaking.

"Seeing the way you handled yourself with that Carvanha makes me wonder if you'd be interested in helping me with a mission. It's dangerous, and may take many months to complete, but I could sure use some help..."

Though I was a little disappointed with the length of your last reply, you've done well enough with previous ones to warrant being released from the Arcane Realm. With Carvanha's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and are free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones.
    Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Upon replying to this update you're free to go and do your own thing, but keep in mind that all ZA's and ZO's have the power to send anyone (new members or old) to the Arcane Realm if they feel replies aren't up to par. I'm sure it won't be a problem for you so off you go *pushes you outta here*, and have fun ^-^

Drifter began to sweat with anticipation. Despite the beating it had taken, the vicious little pain was still fighting from inside the Lure Ball. The blue sphere wobbled and swayed, leaning back and forth until finally: *Ping*

The masked trainer let out a sigh of relief, and although it was impossible to see, smiled. His first victory, which, while not flawless, had allowed him to fight while keeping anyone from getting hurt. *Well....* he thought, looking at Blitz, who had just succeded in yanking his long horn from the sand *Almost everybody. Blitz sure took an awful lot of bite attacks.* He lept down into the hole with surprising agility, before grabbing his new Carvahna and jumping backwards to the sand above. His mind flooded with ideas on how to use it in battle....

"Congradulations lad" came a voice from behind. Drifter and his stag beetle Pokemon turned swiftly to the source, and saw the old man and his injured Wingull. "It was touch and go for a minute there, but you did it." He said, holding the injured water fowl in his hands. He looked down at it with a fatherly grin before turning back to the trainer. *Wingull seems concious now* Drifter sighed in relief *I'm glad it's okay*

"Seeing the way you handled yourself with that Carvanha makes me wonder if you'd be interested in helping me with a mission." The old fogey continued "It's dangerous, and may take many months to complete, but I could sure use some help..."

At this, Drifter's ears perked up "a mission, eh? I'm not exactly a mercenary, but I don't really have anywhere important to go...." He gave the man a thumbs-up "Just tell me what it is you need..."

OOC: I'm not leaving quite yet (I have to see what kind of mission the old man is offering), but I thought I would take this moment to say: Thank you Enchantress for taking time out of your no-doubt busy schedule to read and update my replies (I hope this one is long enough for you *laughs*). As for the rest of you (In both Enchantress' and John's Update Groups), I wish you good luck, happy roleplaying, and I hope to see you in Fizzytopia. I just may end up teaming up with you someday...
    Last edited by The Black Glove; 11th February 2008 at 2:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Food Guy: You can change the name of your character any time you like, but try not to make it too often or you'll only confuse your updators. And as an added note, you're improving. Keep it up and you'll be out of here in no time.

To say you've put your foot in your mouth is an understatement. Right now you're feeling like you've opened up as wide as possible and shoved both feet right down your throat. Quickly trying to think up a way to get yourself out of this rather uncomfortable position, Nuzzles is the one to come to your rescue. Jack, seeing the conversation between the two of you, seems a little surprised, then a little suspicious, before you launch into an explanation of how you'd been playing hide and seek with your Pokémon and ended up becoming separated. From Jack's initial silence, and the way he's looking between you and Nuzzles, you're not too sure he's bought your story and are ready to hightail it out of here just in case things turn ugly. Luck is on your side though, because a moment later he breaks into a wide grin.

"Well that's a relief!" he exclaims. "You're lucky to have this little guy here with you, but you should still be thanking your lucky stars that you didn't run into trouble before he evolved. Even now he's no match for an Ursaring, but at least he's strong enough to help you distract one long enough to escape. I am worried about your Bellsprout though, because she shouldn't be out here alone. I'm concerned about that noise you heard as well, because I doubt it came from anyone here which means there could be something lurking in the forest on the outskirts of camp."

Jack looks into the treeline with concern, obviously worried that an Ursaring or two could be nearby and waiting for a chance to attack, with no idea at all that you'd made up the whole thing.

"We'd better find her then," he continues. "You say she may have hidden in one of the tents? You take that one over there," he says pointing to the far side of the campsite, "and I'll take this one here."

Before you have a chance to respond, Jack turns and walks toward the tent Autumn is in, carrying out her role in the Ledyba rescue mission...

Just a note, I have changed PikaGod's name to Angus.

Angus let out a breathe of relief when Jack burst into a big smile. The lumberjack had believed his story and that made Angus' mission easier, or so he thought. After Jack looked around, Angus thought that it was to see if he could see one of the hulking pokemon known as Ursaring. Then Jack said the next part of the plan and Angus froze.
    Crap! he thought Autumn is at Jack's tent
    So now the trainer was still in able to get into trouble about his shiny bellsprout stealing back a pair of shiny Ledybas. So while he was still trying to figure out what he was going to do Angus wondered if the lumberjack would make a deal with him. Another thought that was on his mind was that even though he had lied about hearing an Ursaring, Angus was still worried about there being one out there that would attack him. So one of the logical thoughts in his mind was to at least get a bit more protection. So with that on his mind Angus threw up Mozart's pokeball. When the ball smashed into the ground it opened up and shot out the musical moustached bug.
    "Mozart you and Nuzzles might have to get ready to possibly battle an Ursaring," Angus said to his pokemon.
    Angus took a deep breath before he asked Jack if they could swap tents.
    Last edited by PeeGee; 11th February 2008 at 10:27 AM.

I know you're not out of the Arcane Realm yet, but PikaGod/FoodGuy & futuramagirl are free to post in the Valentines Day giveaway thread. You've been replying well enough, so Happy Valentines Day!

Lucario Master Chris, you haven't even replied to your last update so no go there.

The Black Glove: Though I'd continue updating you if I had the time, I just don't which is unfortunate. The Arcane Realm isn't designed for long-term updating anyway, and it's already taking me away from other FB responsibilities so the sooner you're out the better. This is a good thing, trust me ^-^

For those of you still in here, I'll be updating as soon as time permits.

The same happens with my group:

• Angelic Pika
    • j_hunter
    • Tyranidos

You've been replying extremely well for your "FB age", and you deserve to be rewarded. You're still not out of the Arcane Realm, however.

Enjoy your Valentines Day! =D

Tyranidos
    Extremely excited regarding how Pyro was handling this battle, you quickly give him further commands, as the small lizard nods, acknowledging full understanding of your words. Using the Hippopotas’ blindness as an advantage, Pyro rushes forward, preparing his claws for another strike. In the meanwhile, the small hippopotamus pokemon continues being desperate, trying to regain his vision as soon as possible. With all his movements and grunts, it wasn’t able to hear the Charmander’s quick footsteps, as it was an easy sitting duck for Pyro’s claws, being Scratched yet again.

Unfortunately, the desperate Hippopotas opens its large mouth, and for a moment you thought it would be another Bite attack. What came next, you weren’t expecting at all. As a retaliation move, it Yawns loud and clear, several pink bubbles being fired from the creature’s throat. Pyro is surprised as he’s almost instantly hit by the dazzling bubbles, bursting and providing you with a two-second show of pink-colored showers. Another yawn follows, almost as loud as the other one; unfortunately, it isn’t Hippopotas the one that yawns, but Pyro instead, who seemed to be somewhat drowsy. From what you’ve learned in your youth, you definitely know what will come next: a sleeping lizard.

“Oh dear!” Stacey exclaims, seeming a bit worried and amused. “Pyro will have to move quickly, or he’ll fall into asleep. That Hippopotas is certainly a box full of surprises!” The Hippopotas is panting somewhat heavily now, although his vision is better than before; Pyro’s movement is reduced by 30%, and will have to move quickly if he wants to win this battle.

What will you do?

Angelic Pika
    As Tod eyes the crowd, hoping to find himself another opponent, you quickly approach him, volunteering yourself as his next opponent. “Please? I'm new to this town, and I was hoping to find new friends.” You say, as the boy replies with a big smile. “Sure, let’s go! I’m sure we’ll have a great time!” he answers, as he takes his position. Pointing to the small Meditite, he continues “I’m using my Meditite here. He doesn’t seem to be very tired, so he can take one more. Unless you don’t want to, of course my friend.” The fighting pokemon quickly stares at him, nodding excitingly. “Looks like I have the answer I needed – and wanted obviously. Good luck, may the best trainer win!”

As they both get ready, you walk quickly to the other side of the crowd-surrounded field, Chu still on your back, eyeing curiously at the crowd. It was your first battle; and even though many beginners often lose their first battles, especially against someone who had more experience (even if it was little), that was something you didn’t and couldn’t think. Aiming at a win, you stand in front of Tod, as he shouts “Let’s go! Meditite, I want you to Meditate slowly, gain some attack boost, it will pay off during the battle. Then, go for a Bullet Punch! Since it is a very fast attack, I doubt she can dodge it.”

As he finishes ordering his commands, the Meditite nods, as he starts focusing, gathering all his energy as to boost his attack strength. Knowing the opponent’s commands will pay as an advantage, so use them wisely when thinking of what to do next. The Pikachu quickly hops off your shoulder, waiting for your instructions eagerly.

What will you do?

J_Hunter
    “What an excellent choice of words!” Roy exclaims, before putting his own hand in front of his mouth, realising he could have just put themselves into danger. “I knew you would accept my offer. Now, let’s hurry up, no time to lose.” He blends himself into the bushes, and you and Helen follow his actions, your senses set on high alert.

You were thinking you were wandering in circles, although there wasn’t enough light to spot specific details: to you there were just trees, trees and more trees around you, sneaking quietly through bushes. “Ah ah! We’re close!” Roy whispers, pointing at what lied in front of them. You make through some more bushes, focusing your energy on your eyes to fully see what was there. Side by side with Helen and Roy, you all spot a small Duskull levitating three feet above the ground, seeming to be patrolling this area. “We must be close. Usually, ghost pokemon wander around with nothing to do, making random movements; in this case, the Duskull is coming back and forth, which means it’s patrolling the area we desire to enter.”

You then observe the small ghost pokemon: it was indeed going back and forth, back and forth, with a simple and bored monotony. Just looking at it was making you bored and drowsy. Suddenly, for your misery, Roy stabbed his foot against a sting, and lets out a small grunt. That was enough for the Duskull to stop, before quickly firing a small Night Shade near your location. The impact created a small explosion, which made you all get up in a hurry, revealing your positions.

“There goes the element of surprise.” Roy said in his regular tone, disappointed with himself. “Now, be quick against it, and don’t let it run away! If the others know we’re here, we’re doomed.”

What will you do?

Default Getting Creative

Lucario Master Chris: This may sound like a strange request, but for the sake of my own sanity can you please not have Buizel talk? Not only am I not a fan of talking Pokémon, but I'd like to actually see some proper RPing here and I'm afraid that Jets speech is taking away from that. After you leave the AR you can have him talk as much as you like, but for now I'd like to see some roleplaying happening.

Unable to believe that Jet has been poisoned so quickly, you can only stare for a moment before reality sinks in. You're quite a distance from land, so trying to swim for it will most likely tire Jet out before you can both reach safety, his water attacks won't do much damage to Tentacool, and his consistent use of Quick Attack is only going to speed up the rate of the toxins spreading through his system. Whichever way you look at it you're in trouble, and you both know it. For now, all you can do is react to the immediate situation as it doesn't appear Tentacool is prepared to give any ground at all. Responding to your instructions immediately, Jet rushes forward leaping out of the water and releasing another blast of air straight toward Tentacool. His Sonicboom isn't all that powerful but this second use of the attack seems to have done more damage to Tentacool than expected. Perhaps due to it's age, you really can't be sure at this point, but any damage is a good thing considering the circumstances. Tentacool responds by releasing a godawful high pitched sound that feels like it's going to split your eardrums causing you to cover your ears in a desperate attempt to block out the noise. Unfortunately for Jet his hearing is much more sensitive than yours so Tentacool's Supersonic has the desired effect of causing complete and utter confusion to take hold of him. Jet shakes his head vigorously trying to remember what you'd just told him to do, but to no avail - he simply can't remember. Tentacool then fires off another barrage of Poison Sting needles, the tiny projectiles shaving off a little of Jet's hair, but not doing a great deal of damage...
    Ok I'll hit the mute button on Jet for now. Also I'm sorry for posting so late, I've had the flu. I hope this on is better.

A breeze blows across the still waters as the battle calms down once again. "Shoot!" Chris yells out as he slams his fist into the water, making a loud splash. Then staring at the blue blob that his Buizel has been fighting he says, "That Tentacool is smarter than I gave it credit for. Any attempt on a physical attack will just get Jet get blasted," Chris says as he turns to look at his injured and poisoned Buizel, "so we'll have to start getting creative!" Chris says, winking at Jet, giving him the go ahead to begin another assault. "Jet, dive down and use your Water Gun to create a fountain underneath the Tentacool and get it into the air! Then use a Quick Attack up, through the fountain, to knock him further into the air! Follow up by doing a spiral jump into the air and using Sonicboom to knock it away from you!"
    Last edited by Lucario Master Chris; 14th February 2008 at 4:59 PM.
    I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones.
    -Started by Tyranitar

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Karen, Final member of GSC Elite 4.

If you battle using your favorite Pokémon simply because they're you faves, copy and paste this into your sig.
    -Started by Lucario Master Chris

I claim Nidorina! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    Tyranidos
    Extremely excited regarding how Pyro was handling this battle, you quickly give him further commands, as the small lizard nods, acknowledging full understanding of your words. Using the Hippopotas’ blindness as an advantage, Pyro rushes forward, preparing his claws for another strike. In the meanwhile, the small hippopotamus pokemon continues being desperate, trying to regain his vision as soon as possible. With all his movements and grunts, it wasn’t able to hear the Charmander’s quick footsteps, as it was an easy sitting duck for Pyro’s claws, being Scratched yet again.

Unfortunately, the desperate Hippopotas opens its large mouth, and for a moment you thought it would be another Bite attack. What came next, you weren’t expecting at all. As a retaliation move, it Yawns loud and clear, several pink bubbles being fired from the creature’s throat. Pyro is surprised as he’s almost instantly hit by the dazzling bubbles, bursting and providing you with a two-second show of pink-colored showers. Another yawn follows, almost as loud as the other one; unfortunately, it isn’t Hippopotas the one that yawns, but Pyro instead, who seemed to be somewhat drowsy. From what you’ve learned in your youth, you definitely know what will come next: a sleeping lizard.

“Oh dear!” Stacey exclaims, seeming a bit worried and amused. “Pyro will have to move quickly, or he’ll fall into asleep. That Hippopotas is certainly a box full of surprises!” The Hippopotas is panting somewhat heavily now, although his vision is better than before; Pyro’s movement is reduced by 30%, and will have to move quickly if he wants to win this battle.

What will you do?
    Pyro, looking very eager at Tyrant, shows off his claws and starts scratching at the wild Hippopotas. "You're doing great, Pyro! Keep it up!" Tyrant exclaimed. The Hippopotas, out of desperation, opens up its very large mouth. "Oh no, not another bite." Tyrant thinks. "What am I going to do now?" Hippopotas then releases small pink bubbles, yawning and trying to make Pyro catch the sleep disease. "What is tha-" Tyrant has no time to find out as the bubbles hit the surprised lizard. "Pyro! Are you alright?" Tyrant desperately wanted to know what those bubbles did. "Oh dear! Pyro will have to move quickly, or he'll fall asleep. That Hippopotas is certainly a box full of surprises!" Stacey exclaimed. "You're telling me, Pyro has to be more active." Tyrant responds to Stacey's comment.

"Alright then Pyro, this Love Berry should help. And with that, he tosses the berry at Pyro's mouth, with him eating hit and raising two levels. "Alright! You should be able to use your fire power-literally!" Tyrant exclaimed. He started to shake with excitment, if only Pyro would do the same. "Use Scratch a couple more times to keep you active! Then finish this with an Ember attack!" Tyrant shouted. He grinned as big as possible. He felt so good that Pyro knows his own element's move now. But, what will happen....

J_Hunter
    “What an excellent choice of words!” Roy exclaims, before putting his own hand in front of his mouth, realising he could have just put themselves into danger. “I knew you would accept my offer. Now, let’s hurry up, no time to lose.” He blends himself into the bushes, and you and Helen follow his actions, your senses set on high alert.

You were thinking you were wandering in circles, although there wasn’t enough light to spot specific details: to you there were just trees, trees and more trees around you, sneaking quietly through bushes. “Ah ah! We’re close!” Roy whispers, pointing at what lied in front of them. You make through some more bushes, focusing your energy on your eyes to fully see what was there. Side by side with Helen and Roy, you all spot a small Duskull levitating three feet above the ground, seeming to be patrolling this area. “We must be close. Usually, ghost pokemon wander around with nothing to do, making random movements; in this case, the Duskull is coming back and forth, which means it’s patrolling the area we desire to enter.”

You then observe the small ghost pokemon: it was indeed going back and forth, back and forth, with a simple and bored monotony. Just looking at it was making you bored and drowsy. Suddenly, for your misery, Roy stabbed his foot against a sting, and lets out a small grunt. That was enough for the Duskull to stop, before quickly firing a small Night Shade near your location. The impact created a small explosion, which made you all get up in a hurry, revealing your positions.

“There goes the element of surprise.” Roy said in his regular tone, disappointed with himself. “Now, be quick against it, and don’t let it run away! If the others know we’re here, we’re doomed.”

What will you do?

Panting as they struggled through the seemingly endless clusters of thick trees, J. quickly lost all sense of direction. The darkness didn't help; more than once he found himself stumbling on concealed roots and whacking his head on low-hanging branches.

Rod suddenly stopped and whispered that the party was close. -Close to what?- J. thought. His question was answered as they spied a Duskull, hovering between a set of trees nearby. The three watched the skull-shaped ghost for some time. It was hypnotic, almost like a lava lamp. Just as J. found himself slipping into unconsciousness, Rod yelped. J. shot him a warning glance, but the damage was done. The Duskull had let out some kind of ghostly energy in their direction, and they had to reveal themselves in order to avoid it.

Rod lamented their loss of advantage, but J. had no time for regret. He knew from the Ghastly channel that Duskull were extremely persistent, and that the trio wouldn't be able to outrun this one, especially with sunlight being so far beyond the treetops. This Duskull needed to be defeated.

J. rapidly spouted orders to Helen, who looked indignant at his tone but understanding of the situation.

"Helen, we don't have much room to move here and you don't have any Dark moves yet. If this is one of the Ghost King's soliders, then it's going to know a bit about fighting. If you can, try to Leer at it so that it will expect you to attack physically, then try to surprise it with an Ember. But be careful! We don't want the trees to go up in flames..."

Angelic Pika
    As Tod eyes the crowd, hoping to find himself another opponent, you quickly approach him, volunteering yourself as his next opponent. “Please? I'm new to this town, and I was hoping to find new friends.” You say, as the boy replies with a big smile. “Sure, let’s go! I’m sure we’ll have a great time!” he answers, as he takes his position. Pointing to the small Meditite, he continues “I’m using my Meditite here. He doesn’t seem to be very tired, so he can take one more. Unless you don’t want to, of course my friend.” The fighting pokemon quickly stares at him, nodding excitingly. “Looks like I have the answer I needed – and wanted obviously. Good luck, may the best trainer win!”

As they both get ready, you walk quickly to the other side of the crowd-surrounded field, Chu still on your back, eyeing curiously at the crowd. It was your first battle; and even though many beginners often lose their first battles, especially against someone who had more experience (even if it was little), that was something you didn’t and couldn’t think. Aiming at a win, you stand in front of Tod, as he shouts “Let’s go! Meditite, I want you to Meditate slowly, gain some attack boost, it will pay off during the battle. Then, go for a Bullet Punch! Since it is a very fast attack, I doubt she can dodge it.”

As he finishes ordering his commands, the Meditite nods, as he starts focusing, gathering all his energy as to boost his attack strength. Knowing the opponent’s commands will pay as an advantage, so use them wisely when thinking of what to do next. The Pikachu quickly hops off your shoulder, waiting for your instructions eagerly.

What will you do?

"Good luck Chu" Rizza whispers to the yellow mouse pokemon. She hesitates, because this was her first battle and she wasn't sure if she could win it. She just hoped for the best, and thought of a strategy.

"If he's using one physical and one special attack, I guess I need to counter those...but how?" she thought to herself. Chu was promptly waiting for instructions, and she had to think fast because she wouldn't know when will the Meditite start to attack. She brushed off her ponytail behind her and said, "Chu, use Tail Whip to lower that Meditite's defense and get a good aim and Thundershock it while it's still Meditating."

Rizza was tapping her foot at the mouse pokemon, but stared at it with her deep blue eyes, silently saying, "You can do it" The electric mouse nodded and gave a small sigh, it wasn't in the mood for a battle, but it had to win this for its beloved trainer. Rizza was fidgeting, and thinking hard if she'd use her Love Berry on Chu. "It isn't a good time now. Maybe after the battle." she thought once more. Now she just hoped that she made the right decision. Chu was and still is as strong as can be.
    Last edited by Angelic Pika; 16th February 2008 at 8:23 AM.

Food Guy: With your plan backfiring, you know you're going to have to stop Jack from getting to the tent before you, but take the time to release Mozart first. Probably not the best idea considering it's given Jack just enough time to get to it before you can stop him. Your heart practically leaps out of your chest when you hear a loud, enraged, "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!" coming from inside the tent he's entered. While you've so far managed to lie your way out of trouble, you're not so sure you're going to pull it off this time and find yourself wondering whether you should stay or run. Abandoning Autumn is out of the question, but before you can decide what to do next, Jack yells, "Help me out here, kid!"

Surprised, yet also rather curious, you figure Jack can't be angry with you if he's calling for help and head over to see what the problem is. Expecting him to have caught Autumn red handed in her mission to steal back the Ledyba, you instead enter the tent to find it in a total shambles. Jars containing honey and other food supplies have been smashed and torn open and in the very middle of it all are three little Teddiursa sound asleep, apparently quite satisfied after having devoured a good portion of the supplies meant for the workers out here in the forest. Scanning the tent, you see no sign at all of Autumn or the Ledyba which makes you wonder where they are. Jack's yell seems to have aroused the Teddiursa though, for a moment later they open their eyes and look sleepily up at the two of you wondering what all the fuss is about...

The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: With your Pokémon out of action and this being only the beginning of your journey, the maiden's words run through your mind. "Return the sun to it's rightful place and no more dangers you will face". With this being your only clue you look thoughtfully at the golden gem sitting loosely in the swords hilt before taking Chatterbox's Pokéball in hand and returning her for a well earned rest. Your next course of action is to take care of the little critter who has already caused so much trouble, and without a second thought quickly toss your Timer Ball at Skorupi and watch while the capture beam sucks the little scorpion inside. With Skorupi being unable to struggle, the ball drops to the sandstone floor and falls still, the green capture light signaling your successful capture of a Lv.1 male Skorupi.

With the Pokémon taken care of you retrieve Skorupi's ball before turning your attention to the chamber itself, but even while you're removing the gem from its position in the sword hilt you hear the hair raising cry of something echoing throughout the winding corridors of the ancient tomb. For now, it still seems to be a fair way off, but you know you need to get out of here before whatever it is becomes a threat and so quickly place the gem in the first wall indentation you find. Nothing happens. Trying another spot, you place the gem into the wall only to feel a chill breeze pass through the chamber. This isn't the correct place for it, but you sense that something else of more immediate concern will become an issue if you can't find the gems home quickly. Trying one more nook in the wall, a cackling laugh echoes throughout the chamber, this time the spectral form of a Gastly appearing in the room and staring at you evilly as you quickly remove the gem. Gastly circles around you, taunting you while you try yet another spot in the wall, but when even this is unsuccessful you begin to wonder if the maiden had been leading you in the right direction - and then you see it. Just above the urn in the corner of the chamber is the etching of a pyramid. The people of an ancient race are kneeling at the base of structure while an unidentified being stands at its top. The suns rays are symbolized by lines coming out of an indentation in the wall from where something is missing. If those lines are the sun's rays and there is no sun this can mean only one thing. Rushing across the room to place the golden gem into the empty nook, Gastly no longer seems to find this a laughing matter and fires off a frightening bolt of black energy which almost takes your hand off as you reach to place the gem into the wall, forcing you to leap backward. Knowing this has to be the answer you move quickly forward and shove the gem into the indentation to be rewarded with the most welcome sound you've ever heard - the scraping of the chambers missing doorway rising to reveal the corridor from which you had entered the tomb. Gastly immediately disintegrates into nothingness, its echoing cackle filling your ears as your escape from this nightmarish place reveals itself...

With Skorupi's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Also, please remember in future to link to any Pokéballs or healing items you're using. Have fun ^-^

Lucario Master Chris: It's alright, I haven't been particularly well either. Also, thanks for obliging and for making very creative use of such a limited moveset. Well done ^-^

With time being a very important factor here, you know you can't waste any if you want to survive this first experience at sea with your first and only Pokémon. Knowing that Tentacool is clever, your only way out of this is to outsmart it, and to do that it's going to mean stretching Jet to his limit. Do or die, you have no choice. Relaying your instructions you watch while Jet moves into action, disappearing beneath the water while Tentacool's next barrage of Poison Sting needles fly over top of the spot he'd been just a moment before. The next minute Tentacool is blasted upward, out of the water with Jet's Water Gun, with Jet shooting up a second later and smacking it with Quick Attack. Tentacool is sent flying a good few metres away before plopping back into the water. It's quite annoyed, and while Jet is shaking his head trying to clear away the remnants of his confusion you can't help but feel proud of him for having accomplished this much considering the state he's in. Tentacool sends another Poison Sting Jet's way, several of the toxic needles pelting into him, the added burning sensation of the sharp projectiles helping to bring him back to his senses. With one final shake of his head, Jet looks up, his eyes now focused rather than confused, and though he's quite weak from the poison in his system, manages to gather all of his remaining energy into a powerful leap out of the water. He darts toward Tentacool before forcing himself backward with a sharp movement, the resulting Sonicboom charging out of him and straight Tentacool who is thrown back a little before falling still in the water, floating belly up. Taking a closer look you see that it's been KOed, but Jet isn't looking very well at all though he's still conscious. Level up for Jet. Knowing you'll need to get him help, and fast, the welcome sound of a voice close by catches your attention. Looking behind you, you notice a small boat approaching while an elderly man with a white beard and a Wingull sitting on his shoulder throws a small bottle toward you.

"Heal your Pokémon with this antidote lad, then hop on board quick smart!" he calls, steering the boat in beside you...

The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: With your Pokémon out of action and this being only the beginning of your journey, the maiden's words run through your mind. "Return the sun to it's rightful place and no more dangers you will face". With this being your only clue you look thoughtfully at the golden gem sitting loosely in the swords hilt before taking Chatterbox's Pokéball in hand and returning her for a well earned rest. Your next course of action is to take care of the little critter who has already caused so much trouble, and without a second thought quickly toss your Timer Ball at Skorupi and watch while the capture beam sucks the little scorpion inside. With Skorupi being unable to struggle, the ball drops to the sandstone floor and falls still, the green capture light signaling your successful capture of a Lv.1 male Skorupi.

With the Pokémon taken care of you retrieve Skorupi's ball before turning your attention to the chamber itself, but even while you're removing the gem from its position in the sword hilt you hear the hair raising cry of something echoing throughout the winding corridors of the ancient tomb. For now, it still seems to be a fair way off, but you know you need to get out of here before whatever it is becomes a threat and so quickly place the gem in the first wall indentation you find. Nothing happens. Trying another spot, you place the gem into the wall only to feel a chill breeze pass through the chamber. This isn't the correct place for it, but you sense that something else of more immediate concern will become an issue if you can't find the gems home quickly. Trying one more nook in the wall, a cackling laugh echoes throughout the chamber, this time the spectral form of a Gastly appearing in the room and staring at you evilly as you quickly remove the gem. Gastly circles around you, taunting you while you try yet another spot in the wall, but when even this is unsuccessful you begin to wonder if the maiden had been leading you in the right direction - and then you see it. Just above the urn in the corner of the chamber is the etching of a pyramid. The people of an ancient race are kneeling at the base of structure while an unidentified being stands at its top. The suns rays are symbolized by lines coming out of an indentation in the wall from where something is missing. If those lines are the sun's rays and there is no sun this can mean only one thing. Rushing across the room to place the golden gem into the empty nook, Gastly no longer seems to find this a laughing matter and fires off a frightening bolt of black energy which almost takes your hand off as you reach to place the gem into the wall, forcing you to leap backward. Knowing this has to be the answer you move quickly forward and shove the gem into the indentation to be rewarded with the most welcome sound you've ever heard - the scraping of the chambers missing doorway rising to reveal the corridor from which you had entered the tomb. Gastly immediately disintegrates into nothingness, its echoing cackle filling your ears as your escape from this nightmarish place reveals itself...

With Skorupi's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Also, please remember in future to link to any Pokéballs or healing items you're using. Have fun ^-^
    Thank you for everything, enchantress! I'll remember about the linking ^_^ Good luck to everyone else here in the Arcane Realm. And, my last chapter in this thread:

The words echoced through Faith's mind: Return the sun to it's rightful place, and no more dangers will you face. Faith looked around. There seemed to be several possible places the sun could go. She tried the one closest to her. She waited for about a minute before she relised nothing was going to happen. She tried another space. A chilling wind blew through the chamber, making her shiver. She tried another space, and a Gastly appeared, making her jump. She tried another space. Again, nothing happened. The Gastly kept on mocking her. Then she saw it - above the urn, a small drawing of a pyramid. People were kneeling at the base. On top of the pyramid were some kind of rays. Instantly, Faith relised!

The sun!

She thrust the sun into place and waited. She heard stone being rubbed against more stone and she turned. There was a doorway: her escape from this place! When she stepped outside, the sun blinded her. She had almost forgotten what it looked like. She smiled: Her adventure was only just beggining.
    Last edited by futuramagirl; 26th February 2008 at 7:07 PM.

Lucario Master Chris: It's alright, I haven't been particularly well either. Also, thanks for obliging and for making very creative use of such a limited moveset. Well done ^-^

With time being a very important factor here, you know you can't waste any if you want to survive this first experience at sea with your first and only Pokémon. Knowing that Tentacool is clever, your only way out of this is to outsmart it, and to do that it's going to mean stretching Jet to his limit. Do or die, you have no choice. Relaying your instructions you watch while Jet moves into action, disappearing beneath the water while Tentacool's next barrage of Poison Sting needles fly over top of the spot he'd been just a moment before. The next minute Tentacool is blasted upward, out of the water with Jet's Water Gun, with Jet shooting up a second later and smacking it with Quick Attack. Tentacool is sent flying a good few metres away before plopping back into the water. It's quite annoyed, and while Jet is shaking his head trying to clear away the remnants of his confusion you can't help but feel proud of him for having accomplished this much considering the state he's in. Tentacool sends another Poison Sting Jet's way, several of the toxic needles pelting into him, the added burning sensation of the sharp projectiles helping to bring him back to his senses. With one final shake of his head, Jet looks up, his eyes now focused rather than confused, and though he's quite weak from the poison in his system, manages to gather all of his remaining energy into a powerful leap out of the water. He darts toward Tentacool before forcing himself backward with a sharp movement, the resulting Sonicboom charging out of him and straight Tentacool who is thrown back a little before falling still in the water, floating belly up. Taking a closer look you see that it's been KOed, but Jet isn't looking very well at all though he's still conscious. Level up for Jet. Knowing you'll need to get him help, and fast, the welcome sound of a voice close by catches your attention. Looking behind you, you notice a small boat approaching while an elderly man with a white beard and a Wingull sitting on his shoulder throws a small bottle toward you.

"Heal your Pokémon with this antidote lad, then hop on board quick smart!" he calls, steering the boat in beside you...
    "Thank's mister!" Chris replies to the elderly man. Chris then swims to Jet, picks him up, and says "Looks like things will work out now Jet" he says rubbing Jets head. Chris then opens up the samll bottle given to him by the elderly man and gives it to Jet, who quickly gulps down the contents "Hopefully we can trust this guy" Chris says as the two of them begin to swim up to the boat. "Thank's again mister, things were lookin' dim there for a little bit." Chris says as he pulls himself up and starts to help Jet get onboard. Chris then starts checking Jet over for any bad injuries and says "My name's Chris and this here is my partner Jet. If you hadn't come we would have been in big trouble." After he finishes checking on Jet, Chris walks up to the old man and asks "What's you name?"
    Last edited by Lucario Master Chris; 25th February 2008 at 4:03 PM.
    I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones.
    -Started by Tyranitar

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

If you battle using your favorite Pokémon simply because they're you faves, copy and paste this into your sig.

I claim Nidorina! ^_^

Lucario Master Chris: Catching the small vial the old man has toosed you, you're quick to administer the antidote to Jet who appears just as relieved as you to have found help when you've needed it. With the medicine passing through his system and cleaning out the toxins in his blood, you take hold of him and move across to the boat. The man leans down, taking your hand and helping you climb on board while his eyes scan the water nervously as though expecting something to grab you and pull you under before he can get you up on deck. Though you're not quite sure if you can trust, the fact he has offered help is a good sign, and so you thank him before introducing yourself and Jet. The man smiles warmly when his eyes fall upon Jet, and he reaches out his hand to shake yours.

"Pleased to meet you lad," he replies. "The name's Abe, and I've been sailing these waters for the past sixty years." Reaching up to stroke Wingull who is still perched on his shoulder, he continues his introduction. "This here is Gulliver. I found him when he was but a wee little thing, lost at sea and floundering in the water. Never did understand how he got to be so far out, but after I pulled him out of the sea, gave him a good feed, and healed up his wounds, he's never left my side."

Gulliver squawks in agreement of Abe's words, rubbing his head affectionately against the old man's cheek which demonstrates just what a close bond the two of them share.

"Tell me lad," Abe says, the curiosity in his eyes and voice quite apparent. "What were you and your little friend doing all the way out here? It's not safe to be travelling these waters alone, especially with all of the Tentacruel attacks recently." Nodding toward the Tentacool you'd just KO'd which is still floating belly up in the water beside the boat, a frown creases Abe's brow. "You're lucky you only got into trouble with a young one or it may have been too late by the time I found you."

"I'll tell you what," Abe says with a thoughtful expression. "I was just heading out to see if I can find the cause of the problem that's responsible for the sudden influx of Tentacruel to the area lately. I'll be out at sea for a good few days, maybe even weeks, so if you'd like to come along you'll be welcome company. If you'd rather return to shore I can take you to the beach so you can continue on your travels."

Abe then watches you expectantly, awaiting your response while you mull over the choice he has given you...

I just wanted to ask if I'm improving. I'm afraid that I'm trying to fill in space by just useing adjectives and that it's not really adding anything to my posts.

Lucario Master Chris: Catching the small vial the old man has toosed you, you're quick to administer the antidote to Jet who appears just as relieved as you to have found help when you've needed it. With the medicine passing through his system and cleaning out the toxins in his blood, you take hold of him and move across to the boat. The man leans down, taking your hand and helping you climb on board while his eyes scan the water nervously as though expecting something to grab you and pull you under before he can get you up on deck. Though you're not quite sure if you can trust, the fact he has offered help is a good sign, and so you thank him before introducing yourself and Jet. The man smiles warmly when his eyes fall upon Jet, and he reaches out his hand to shake yours.

"Pleased to meet you lad," he replies. "The name's Abe, and I've been sailing these waters for the past sixty years." Reaching up to stroke Wingull who is still perched on his shoulder, he continues his introduction. "This here is Gulliver. I found him when he was but a wee little thing, lost at sea and floundering in the water. Never did understand how he got to be so far out, but after I pulled him out of the sea, gave him a good feed, and healed up his wounds, he's never left my side."

Gulliver squawks in agreement of Abe's words, rubbing his head affectionately against the old man's cheek which demonstrates just what a close bond the two of them share.

"Tell me lad," Abe says, the curiosity in his eyes and voice quite apparent. "What were you and your little friend doing all the way out here? It's not safe to be travelling these waters alone, especially with all of the Tentacruel attacks recently." Nodding toward the Tentacool you'd just KO'd which is still floating belly up in the water beside the boat, a frown creases Abe's brow. "You're lucky you only got into trouble with a young one or it may have been too late by the time I found you."

"I'll tell you what," Abe says with a thoughtful expression. "I was just heading out to see if I can find the cause of the problem that's responsible for the sudden influx of Tentacruel to the area lately. I'll be out at sea for a good few days, maybe even weeks, so if you'd like to come along you'll be welcome company. If you'd rather return to shore I can take you to the beach so you can continue on your travels."

Abe then watches you expectantly, awaiting your response while you mull over the choice he has given you...

Chris's gaze drifts towards his injured Pokemon, thinking of the battle which raged just a moment ago and how if Abe hadn't come along and he and Jet had ran into another Tentacool or it's evolved form, Tentacruel, they would have both been in big trouble. "Something has gotten these Tentacool, Tentacruel, and possibly other Pokemon in an uproar" Chris says, looking at the unconscious Tentacool floating in the water. "What happened to me could happen to another Trainer" Chris says, turning back towards the generous old man "and they might not be as lucky as me so, if you'll let me, I wanna help find out what's going on with these poor Pokemon.
    -Started by Tyranitar

I claim Nidorina! ^_^

Lucario Master Chris: You've definitely improved since cutting out the speech, I've just been waiting to see how long it will take for you to start taking all of the update into account when replying rather than making the common mistake of picking up your reply from where the update leaves off. At the moment even though you're meeting the minimum four line requirement you don't seem to be making any attempt at all to expand upon what you've already written.

Abe smiles and nods, pleased that you've taken him up on his offer. "I'm happy to have you on board," he replies before turning around and turning the boats engine back on. A few minutes later you're sailing the waters of the Ocean of Mystery, and can see what Abe meant regarding the amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel in the area. Several are already trailing the boat, and as you scan the water you can see many more blue blobs of all sizes lurking just beneath the surface. Glancing at Abe you can see the concern in his features while he also scans the water, and even though you're not all that familiar with the area you can tell that something serious is happening here to have attracted so many of the toxic water types. While Abe steers the boat, Jet and Gulliver are introducing themselves, apparently already forming a friendship as they chat away in Pokélanguage. With clear blue skies overhead, and the water filled with poisonous jellyfish just waiting for a chance to attack, the day has a hint of both adventure and danger, but when Abe draws your attention to a speck on the horizon you have an instant gut feeling that things are going to change for the worse very quickly. Turning the boat in the direction of the spot on the horizon, Abe speeds it up a little and half an hour later you find yourselves pulling up alongside a damaged tanker which is sitting silently upon the vast ocean. Abe circles the freighter to find a large hole in the hull where a toxic sludge-like substance is leaking slowly into the sea, and from the amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel feeding off of the black goop, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this is what has attracted them to the area. Unfortunately whatever it is they're feasting on is also causing them to become quite aggressive, and before you have a chance to really examine anything properly, you feel several hard impacts upon your boats hull. It appears these gelatinous blobs aren't at all pleased with your presence here...

Lucario Master Chris: You've definitely improved since cutting out the speech, I've just been waiting to see how long it will take for you to start taking all of the update into account when replying rather than making the common mistake of picking up your reply from where the update leaves off. At the moment even though you're meeting the minimum four line requirement you don't seem to be making any attempt at all to expand upon what you've already written.

Abe smiles and nods, pleased that you've taken him up on his offer. "I'm happy to have you on board," he replies before turning around and turning the boats engine back on. A few minutes later you're sailing the waters of the Ocean of Mystery, and can see what Abe meant regarding the amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel in the area. Several are already trailing the boat, and as you scan the water you can see many more blue blobs of all sizes lurking just beneath the surface. Glancing at Abe you can see the concern in his features while he also scans the water, and even though you're not all that familiar with the area you can tell that something serious is happening here to have attracted so many of the toxic water types. While Abe steers the boat, Jet and Gulliver are introducing themselves, apparently already forming a friendship as they chat away in Pokélanguage. With clear blue skies overhead, and the water filled with poisonous jellyfish just waiting for a chance to attack, the day has a hint of both adventure and danger, but when Abe draws your attention to a speck on the horizon you have an instant gut feeling that things are going to change for the worse very quickly. Turning the boat in the direction of the spot on the horizon, Abe speeds it up a little and half an hour later you find yourselves pulling up alongside a damaged tanker which is sitting silently upon the vast ocean. Abe circles the freighter to find a large hole in the hull where a toxic sludge-like substance is leaking slowly into the sea, and from the amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel feeding off of the black goop, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this is what has attracted them to the area. Unfortunately whatever it is they're feasting on is also causing them to become quite aggressive, and before you have a chance to really examine anything properly, you feel several hard impacts upon your boats hull. It appears these gelatinous blobs aren't at all pleased with your presence here...
    Chris stumbles to regain his footing as the Tentacool and Tentacruel pound the side of the ship, then, turning his attention to the freighter says "That ship must've been an oil tanker or something." Then, looking into the gaping hole, Chris says "We have to find a way to seal up the hole and stop that ooze, if we don't even more Tentacool and Tentacruel could show up!" Chris looks over the side of the boat at the numerous blue blobs floating next to it and calls out to his pokemon. "Jet! See if you can't talk them into calming down!" Chris then walks up to Abe and asks "Do you think you can get close enough to the boat to let me jump on? There might be some way to stop the sludge on board. Also, does Gulliver know Ice Beam? If so, I think I have a plan."
    -Started by Tyranitar

I claim Nidorina! ^_^

Lucario Master Chris: Though your immediate priority is keeping your balance as the Tentacool and Tentacruel batter the side of the small boat, you're vaguely aware of Abe cursing under his breath while trying to manoeuver the vessel in such a way as to avoid taking too much damage. Calling for Jet's help to aide in calming the surprisingly aggressive water types, you turn your attention to the tanker which is the source of the problem. Whatever it is that's leaking from the gaping hull is causing these usually placid creatures to turn into raging monsters, and considering they're outnumbering you by at least twenty to one then you know you're going to have to act quickly. Figuring that your first priority is to seal the hull and worry about cleaning up the mess later, you call out for Abe to try and get you as close to the tanker as possible so that you're able to hop on board. Abe nods, though his features are strained as he knows that getting too close is a danger in itself considering the size of the tanker. He has little choice though, for the idea of fighting off the sheer number of angry jellyfish in the water is no more appealing than the thought of being crushed by the huge vessel. While he's steering the boat closer Gulliver squawks loudly, nodding his head and flapping his wings in response to your question about whether or not he knows how to use Ice Beam. Jet isn't faring too well with his negotiations however considering the fact that a barrage of Poison Sting needles from four different Tentacruel are sent flying his way after he attempts to reason with the jellyfish. Unfortunately in his haste to retreat from the incoming attack he trips over and slips on the boat deck just as it lists to the side, sending him sliding straight under the guardrail and toward the Tentacruel infested water...

You've improved enough to warrant your release from my clutches here in the Arcane Realm but just keep in mind that while not everyone has a problem with talking Pokémon, having your team members speak can quite often have a negative effect upon your reply. To be perfectly honest I was a little concerned at the beginning, but you've proven that you can improve so it's only a matter of combined time and effort that will help you to improve further. I'm always available to ask for advice so if you feel you need it, so don't hesitate to contact me via PM about anything even if it's unrelated to zones. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Enjoy ^-^

Lucario Master Chris: You may have been released, but until you've replied you're still considered "active" in the Arcane Realm so the seven day stipulation for replies is still in effect.

PikaGod / Food Guy: It's been more than two weeks since I've heard anything at all from you via PM. You now have 24 hours to reply before your registration is revoked.

Lucario Master Chris: Though your immediate priority is keeping your balance as the Tentacool and Tentacruel batter the side of the small boat, you're vaguely aware of Abe cursing under his breath while trying to manoeuver the vessel in such a way as to avoid taking too much damage. Calling for Jet's help to aide in calming the surprisingly aggressive water types, you turn your attention to the tanker which is the source of the problem. Whatever it is that's leaking from the gaping hull is causing these usually placid creatures to turn into raging monsters, and considering they're outnumbering you by at least twenty to one then you know you're going to have to act quickly. Figuring that your first priority is to seal the hull and worry about cleaning up the mess later, you call out for Abe to try and get you as close to the tanker as possible so that you're able to hop on board. Abe nods, though his features are strained as he knows that getting too close is a danger in itself considering the size of the tanker. He has little choice though, for the idea of fighting off the sheer number of angry jellyfish in the water is no more appealing than the thought of being crushed by the huge vessel. While he's steering the boat closer Gulliver squawks loudly, nodding his head and flapping his wings in response to your question about whether or not he knows how to use Ice Beam. Jet isn't faring too well with his negotiations however considering the fact that a barrage of Poison Sting needles from four different Tentacruel are sent flying his way after he attempts to reason with the jellyfish. Unfortunately in his haste to retreat from the incoming attack he trips over and slips on the boat deck just as it lists to the side, sending him sliding straight under the guardrail and toward the Tentacruel infested water...

You've improved enough to warrant your release from my clutches here in the Arcane Realm but just keep in mind that while not everyone has a problem with talking Pokémon, having your team members speak can quite often have a negative effect upon your reply. To be perfectly honest I was a little concerned at the beginning, but you've proven that you can improve so it's only a matter of combined time and effort that will help you to improve further. I'm always available to ask for advice so if you feel you need it, so don't hesitate to contact me via PM about anything even if it's unrelated to zones. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Enjoy ^-^
    Thank you so much for all your help enchantress! this was my first time doing any real RPing so I wasn't sure just what to do but I'm glad that I've improved. Thanks for your tip about my talking Pokemon. Well here is my final reply;

"Jet!" Chris calls out as his partner begins to fall in the dangerous waters below "Use Water Gun at a downwards angle to give yourself a little lift and once you close to the boat use Quick Attack to get back on board!" Then, watching as the Tentacool and Tentacruel pound the hull of the ship, Chris laughs to himself and says to Abe "Something tells me jumping onto the other boat isn't a good idea." As he stares at the huge hole that started this whole ordeal Chris yells out to Gulliver "Do you think that you can use Ice Beam from this distance to seal up the hole and freeze to sludge? Also do you think you can use Mist to give us some cover?"
    Last edited by Lucario Master Chris; 19th March 2008 at 5:51 PM.
    -Started by Tyranitar

I claim Nidorina! ^_^

PikaGod: You've had more than adequate time to at least spend two minutes sending a PM. If you wish to reapply for FB you can do so when registration opens again at a later date.

Angelic Pika, Tyranidos, and j_hunter, I'm picking you up. You're welcome to ignore these updates if you'd prefer to wait for John, but we need to move you through here and I haven't heard back from him in a while. The choice is yours.

j_hunter: Now that your position has been blown, you know you have no choice but to battle the spectral soldier whether you like it or not as you sincerely doubt it's going to let you off with a stern warning. Naturally concerned by the dangers involved with using Helen's limited moveset in this environment, you're sure to warn her to err on the side of caution during the battle. Eying her surroundings, Helen nods before turning her attention to Duskull and Leering it down. Though the Ghost Pokémon is well and truly transfixed by Helen's gaze leaving it unable to move, that doesn't stop it from summoning its internal energies which require no physical movement. Duskull's empty eyes begin to swirl with a mystical, crackling energy before twin black bolts of energy shoot across the clearing and strike Helen in the chest. Helen yelps, more with surprise than pain, quickly realising that an all out offensive attack may very well be her best bet. Unfortunately that means using a move that can prove frightfully dangerous in these surroundings, but given the fact Roy has no Pokémon and that she herself has no other moves at her disposal then she is left with zero other options. Homing in on Duskull, Helen unleashes a barrage of tiny flames, doing her very best to concentrate the small Embers into a stream of fire rather than the usual flurry of flames. She is relatively successful though some of the embers do stray from their target, and while Duskull is hit with the fire attack Roy is running around madly stomping on stray flames before they can ignite the forest floor. "That was great!" he yells excitedly. "Keep it up and we'll be face to face with the Ghost King in no time!"

Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Though Chu isn't really much in the mood for a battle, she's willing to do anything for her trainer even if that means fighting a Pokémon who obviously has quite a bit more experience. Eying Meditite warily while it sits silently Meditating, Chu knows she needs to do something to break it out of its trance before it gains enough of a stat boost to wipe the floor with her. Moving quickly, she dashes right up to the small fighter, leaping into the air and spinning around at the last minute to give it a good Tail Whipping right across the face. Meditite just sits there silently, ignorning Chu's first attack before opening its eyes and staring her straight in the face. It smirks, it's fist glowing while laying still in its lap. Quite obviously feeling it has the situation under control, Meditite leaps onto its feet and with lightning fast reflexes jabs forward and Bullet Punches Chu square in the nose. Chu squeals, the sharp pain causing her to lose focus for a moment before she stares straight back into Meditite's arrogant gaze. She finds the crooked smile on its face to be rather insulting, and eager to teach it a lesson, Chu's cheeks spark with emotion before she unleashes a Thundershock, the bolt of electricity slamming into Meditite's chest at practically point-blank range.

Tod seems pleased with the round despite the fact Meditite has taken a couple of hits, but his overconfidence is becoming a little grating. You can't help but wonder just how much experience he does have behind him, or if he's just a beginner like you who is only talking big in order to intimidate his prospective opponents. Whatever the case, he appears to have a decent strategy in play, so only time will tell if he's as good as he'd like you to believe. "Take the hit Meditite, and Bide" Tod instructs his Pokémon. "There's nothing it can do to you that you can't send back double!"

Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Tyranidos: Luckily Pyro isn't too tired to be bothered with indulging in a quick snack, and you watch while he catches the Love Berry in his mouth and devours it in one smooth motion. Pyro's sudden level gain has the added effect of allowing him to use a new move which he fully intends to put to the test. Stacey's eyes grow wide while watching this exchange, apparently impressed with your quick thinking. "Oooh! That will certainly help matters, but it won't stop Pyro from falling asleep so you'd better move fast!"

Silently agreeing with her, you call your instructions out to Pyro who is quick to respond. Lifting his good arm, you watch Pyro's claws glint in the sunlight before he dashes forward and starts swatting Hippopotas madly with several successive Scratches to the face before landing one final hard one right across the side of its head. You can't help but pity the poor thing, for even though you want to win this battle, it's not like Hippopotas was hurting anyone and actually deserves to be slaughtered. Barely able to stand now Hippopotas turns away from Pyro and in a desperate protective measure begins scratching at the ground, kicking up dirt and sand with its Sand Attack which is flung straight into Pyro's eyes. Barely able to see now, Pyro calls upon his newly learned attack and spits out a flurry Embers in the general direction in which he thinks Hippopotas is standing. Though the damage is light, when taking the current state of Hippopotas into account the tiny flames are the final straw for the little ground type who drops to the ground, completely exhausted and unable to battle. Level up for Pyro. Preparing to congratulate Pyro on a battle well fought, you realise there's no point as you watch him release a loud, tired yawn before curling up on the ground next to his fallen foe and dropping off to sleep.

"That was great!" Stacey exclaims. "Now that's taken care of, come with me. We have work to do!"

Tyranidos: Luckily Pyro isn't too tired to be bothered with indulging in a quick snack, and you watch while he catches the Love Berry in his mouth and devours it in one smooth motion. Pyro's sudden level gain has the added effect of allowing him to use a new move which he fully intends to put to the test. Stacey's eyes grow wide while watching this exchange, apparently impressed with your quick thinking. "Oooh! That will certainly help matters, but it won't stop Pyro from falling asleep so you'd better move fast!"

Silently agreeing with her, you call your instructions out to Pyro who is quick to respond. Lifting his good arm, you watch Pyro's claws glint in the sunlight before he dashes forward and starts swatting Hippopotas madly with several successive Scratches to the face before landing one final hard one right across the side of its head. You can't help but pity the poor thing, for even though you want to win this battle, it's not like Hippopotas was hurting anyone and actually deserves to be slaughtered. Barely able to stand now Hippopotas turns away from Pyro and in a desperate protective measure begins scratching at the ground, kicking up dirt and sand with its Sand Attack which is flung straight into Pyro's eyes. Barely able to see now, Pyro calls upon his newly learned attack and spits out a flurry Embers in the general direction in which he thinks Hippopotas is standing. Though the damage is light, when taking the current state of Hippopotas into account the tiny flames are the final straw for the little ground type who drops to the ground, completely exhausted and unable to battle. Level up for Pyro. Preparing to congratulate Pyro on a battle well fought, you realise there's no point as you watch him release a loud, tired yawn before curling up on the ground next to his fallen foe and dropping off to sleep.

"That was great!" Stacey exclaims. "Now that's taken care of, come with me. We have work to do!"
    Thanks so much enchantress! <3

As Tyrant watches Pyro eat the Love Berry, he sees that Pyro is feeling a bit stronger. And he also knows that Pyro is strong enough to use Ember. As Tyrant orders the moves, he watches in amazement as Pyro scratches the Hippo with amazing strength and finally lets out a burst of flame from his mouth, which does enough damage to knock the Hippo into unconciousness. After that, the Yawn attack that the Hippopotas used earlier kicked in and Pyro curled up beside the wild Pokemon and fell asleep. "That was great!" Stacey exclaims. "Now that's taken care of, come with me. We have work to do!"

"Woohoo!" Tyrant yells out. He picks up Pyro and quietly tells his friend "You did a great job, our first battle has been a victory!" As Stacey ushers him to come with her, he stops and says "Wait, there is something I would like to do first." He takes out a Level Ball and throws it at the Hippopotas, hoping for all the world that it works. He stands, holding Pyro, as the Ball is flying towards the wild Pokemon...

Angelic Pika and j_hunter, from what I've seen you're both replying quite well so you're free to pick up your Easter pressies. Enjoy ^-^

Tyranidos: Though Pyro's snoring away softly in your arms you still congratulate him on his win as he deserves it after all he's been through. With Stacy ushering you off toward one of the excavation sites, you excuse yourself for a moment as there's something you wish to attend to first. Reaching into your pocket you pull out the Level Ball you'd received when setting out upon your Pokémon journey, and without skipping a beat, toss it at Hippopotas. The capture beam shoots out, drawing the pudgy little ground type inside, and a moment later you find yourself the owner of the level four male Hippopotas.

"Congratulations on your capture," Stacey says, smiling. "If you don't mind, we really need to hurry. We've found something of great interest in an underground cavern and I think Pyro may be able to help us." Retrieving the Level Ball containing your brand new teammate, you obediently follow the young woman to one of the excavations sites. You notice there is a stairway leading downward, and after following her down the narrow stairwell you find yourself walking along a long, dark corridor. You can feel a chill breeze wafting along the corridor which is strange in itself considering your location, and several minutes later you finally emerge into an enormous underground cavern. This is the last thing you'd expected to find when entering the desert, but it's not so much the cavern that is of interest as the object standing on a large rock in the centre of the cave. Several archaeologists are gathered around it, some talking quietly, a couple engaged in heated discussion, but all excited by the discovery. Moving closer you see it is a large chunk of ice, and frozen inside it is the perfectly preserved form of an ancient Kabutops...

Your capture of Hippopotas has unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Have fun ^-^

Tyranidos: Though Pyro's snoring away softly in your arms you still congratulate him on his win as he deserves it after all he's been through. With Stacy ushering you off toward one of the excavation sites, you excuse yourself for a moment as there's something you wish to attend to first. Reaching into your pocket you pull out the Level Ball you'd received when setting out upon your Pokémon journey, and without skipping a beat, toss it at Hippopotas. The capture beam shoots out, drawing the pudgy little ground type inside, and a moment later you find yourself the owner of the level four male Hippopotas.

"Congratulations on your capture," Stacey says, smiling. "If you don't mind, we really need to hurry. We've found something of great interest in an underground cavern and I think Pyro may be able to help us." Retrieving the Level Ball containing your brand new teammate, you obediently follow the young woman to one of the excavations sites. You notice there is a stairway leading downward, and after following her down the narrow stairwell you find yourself walking along a long, dark corridor. You can feel a chill breeze wafting along the corridor which is strange in itself considering your location, and several minutes later you finally emerge into an enormous underground cavern. This is the last thing you'd expected to find when entering the desert, but it's not so much the cavern that is of interest as the object standing on a large rock in the centre of the cave. Several archaeologists are gathered around it, some talking quietly, a couple engaged in heated discussion, but all excited by the discovery. Moving closer you see it is a large chunk of ice, and frozen inside it is the perfectly preserved form of an ancient Kabutops...

Your capture of Hippopotas has unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Have fun ^-^
    As the Level Ball closes upon the Hippopotas, Tyrant has only one thought going through his mind. "Please capture." He then closes his eyes, hoping for something good to happen. He hears a little "click" and he immediately feels the goodness inside of him. "Alright!", he exclaims, "Our first capture! We did it, Pyr-..ooh, sorry, I forgot you were sleeping." He gently keeps Pyro warm in his arms and quietly walks towards the captured Pokemon. He picks it up, puts it in his belt, and goes to Stacey. "Congratulations on your capture," Stacey says, smiling. "If you don't mind, we really need to hurry. We've found something of great interest in an underground cavern and I think Pyro may be able to help us." He follows Stacey through the caverns, which eventually opens up to an enormous one. "Wow. This place is huge!" Tyrant says. He listens to the echos of his voice as he sees, in a chunk of ice, a perfectly preserved Kabutops.

"That is really something, isn't it?" he asks, not really looking for an answer. He goes up to the perfectly preserved Kabutops. "It's a shame Pyro is asleep", he quietly says, "Because then he would be able to melt the ice. Well, I've got to say, our life adventure has started on a high note and I know we can go to larger heights, we still have the world to see! I really don't care if I didn't get to see the lost villages, this whole time has been great and Pyro probably loved it as much as I did." And with that, he follows Stacey out of the caverns and hops on a ship to another adventure...

OOC: Thanks a lot, enchantress, for wrapping this up for me quite nicely. And if John is reading this, he is an excellent updater as well.

Angelic Pika, Tyranidos, and j_hunter, I'm picking you up. You're welcome to ignore these updates if you'd prefer to wait for John, but we need to move you through here and I haven't heard back from him in a while. The choice is yours.
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Though Chu isn't really much in the mood for a battle, she's willing to do anything for her trainer even if that means fighting a Pokémon who obviously has quite a bit more experience. Eying Meditite warily while it sits silently Meditating, Chu knows she needs to do something to break it out of its trance before it gains enough of a stat boost to wipe the floor with her. Moving quickly, she dashes right up to the small fighter, leaping into the air and spinning around at the last minute to give it a good Tail Whipping right across the face. Meditite just sits there silently, ignorning Chu's first attack before opening its eyes and staring her straight in the face. It smirks, it's fist glowing while laying still in its lap. Quite obviously feeling it has the situation under control, Meditite leaps onto its feet and with lightning fast reflexes jabs forward and Bullet Punches Chu square in the nose. Chu squeals, the sharp pain causing her to lose focus for a moment before she stares straight back into Meditite's arrogant gaze. She finds the crooked smile on its face to be rather insulting, and eager to teach it a lesson, Chu's cheeks spark with emotion before she unleashes a Thundershock, the bolt of electricity slamming into Meditite's chest at practically point-blank range.

Tod seems pleased with the round despite the fact Meditite has taken a couple of hits, but his overconfidence is becoming a little grating. You can't help but wonder just how much experience he does have behind him, or if he's just a beginner like you who is only talking big in order to intimidate his prospective opponents. Whatever the case, he appears to have a decent strategy in play, so only time will tell if he's as good as he'd like you to believe. "Take the hit Meditite, and Bide" Tod instructs his Pokémon. "There's nothing it can do to you that you can't send back double!"
    OOC: Thanks, I just read that and sadly I didn't catch up. I got a little bit worried when John didn't update though. Maybe he's busy with irl stuff.

As Chu Tail Whipped the Meditite, Rizza giggled. It was such a funny sight. She had hoped that she brought her camera for that priceless moment. The Thundershock seemed to hurt the Meditite a little harder than expected. She smirked. But as Rizza heard Todd's words, that smirk faded. Bide is one of the most manipulative attacks she knows. "I'll stop the Thundershocks for the mean time. It might regret it if I used them.", she thought. Then she planned her next move.

"Chu, I think you should use Tail Whip again and Growl as loud as you can to steer away its concentration from Bide." Chu nodded, looking a bit tired but nevertheless determined to beat that Medite, did as told. Rizza stared at Todd in the eyes and thought, "I hope I can beat him. Maybe he'd date me. He is kinda cute." Rizza giggled at that thought, of course Todd won't date someone like me, I'm just a beginner and he's kind of experienced. Chu looked at its beloved trainer in the eye as if saying, "We can do this" and smirked at the Meditite.

j_hunter: Now that your position has been blown, you know you have no choice but to battle the spectral soldier whether you like it or not as you sincerely doubt it's going to let you off with a stern warning. Naturally concerned by the dangers involved with using Helen's limited moveset in this environment, you're sure to warn her to err on the side of caution during the battle. Eying her surroundings, Helen nods before turning her attention to Duskull and Leering it down. Though the Ghost Pokémon is well and truly transfixed by Helen's gaze leaving it unable to move, that doesn't stop it from summoning its internal energies which require no physical movement. Duskull's empty eyes begin to swirl with a mystical, crackling energy before twin black bolts of energy shoot across the clearing and strike Helen in the chest. Helen yelps, more with surprise than pain, quickly realising that an all out offensive attack may very well be her best bet. Unfortunately that means using a move that can prove frightfully dangerous in these surroundings, but given the fact Roy has no Pokémon and that she herself has no other moves at her disposal then she is left with zero other options. Homing in on Duskull, Helen unleashes a barrage of tiny flames, doing her very best to concentrate the small Embers into a stream of fire rather than the usual flurry of flames. She is relatively successful though some of the embers do stray from their target, and while Duskull is hit with the fire attack Roy is running around madly stomping on stray flames before they can ignite the forest floor. "That was great!" he yells excitedly. "Keep it up and we'll be face to face with the Ghost King in no time!"

OOC: Thank you, I'll certainly take you up on that generous offer. By the way, could I ask which tense I should be writing this in? I've been replying in the past, but all of my updates have been in the present. Does it matter which tense I use?

J. watched anxiously as Helen stared down the ghostly apparition. There were so many nasty things a Duskull could do to her...

The creature sent double shocks of dark energy at Helen, and J. flinched as they struck her. Luckily she didn't seem to be hurt at all, more astonished than anything. Gathering herself up, J. could see her weighing her options and deciding on offense. He made motions for Roy to shield his eyes, and watched Helen inhale for a moment before doing the same. A weak wave of heat passed over J. He opened his eyes and looked at the scene: Roy was dancing through the clearing putting out potential spot fires and raving happily about the attack's success. Helen looked to J. for her next move.

"Nicely handled, Helen, but this thing might take a bit more of a beating. You're faster than it, so try to run around and get some height. If you can, use low-lying branches to get higher than it. When you've got a clear shot, fire another Ember at it. Try to aim for the eyes. Got all that?"
    Last edited by j_hunter; 25th March 2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: size!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast