Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 223

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    I have a question to ask. I'm doing OK with my responses as long as you don't say anything about them, right? But even if that's true, I was wondering if you see any ways in that I could improve my responses. It's just that I don't like to do a job that's merely satisfactory, and would prefer to aim for something that's a little higher.

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: "Plan?" the man responds. "We have no plan. All of our Pokémon are too ill to battle the creature or to even draw it out of the sewers. Perhaps if you can at least lead it out into the daylight we may be able to catch it with something."

    Suddenly realising he hasn't even introduced himself yet, the man introduces himself as Harris before pointing to an old wooden door at the end of the alley.

    "The stairs leading into the sewers are behind that door. I know it's asking a lot lad, but if you think you can handle the job we're willing to reward you..."
    "A trap... That sounds like something that might be more up our alley. Though, I'm not so sure if whatever is down there will be very willing to come out, even with a bit of provocation, on Kiba's part. I guess there's only one way to find out..."

    Those were Katsushige's words as he and Kiba began to move down the narrow alley, in the direction of the door that would eventually lead them into the sewers. Both were feeling neither confident, nor very calm about the matter, but their desire to help the people and Pokemon of Mediville spurred them on.

    Katsushige put his hand around the rusted handle of the door (That seemed to be seldom used by the townsfolk, given the poor condition it was in), but hesitated before opening it, turning his head towards Harris to tell him exactly what he planned on doing.

    "For now, we'll just try to determine the exact location of the Pokemon causing the problem. Unless you can come up with a way to catch it on such short notice, in which case, we can try luring it up here right away. Hopefully, it won't take us too long to find it..."

    After he spoke, Katsushige opened the door, and the moment he did so, the odor seemed to double in strength, which was enough to make both the trainer and his Pokemon recoil, and take a few quick steps backwards.

    "I hope I don't regret this..."

    That was all Katsushige thought as he gazed at the stairs that led down into the darkness of the sewers, and then at Kiba, noticing he had a frightened look on his face. He was waiting to hear what Harris had to say before taking any further actions...
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

    3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I have a question to ask. I'm doing OK with my responses as long as you don't say anything about them, right? But even if that's true, I was wondering if you see any ways in that I could improve my responses. It's just that I don't like to do a job that's merely satisfactory, and would prefer to aim for something that's a little higher.
    Sorry if you thought this was an update, but I won't be updating until tomorrow or Sunday and wanted to address this ASAP.

    I'm actually rather impressed with your replies, my only concern arising with your reply before this one in which you stated you do not believe Kiba has any chance of successfully battling a Grimer. While your reasoning behind it is sound, I do see a fault in it as I can see quite a successful strategy which can be used should a battle eventuate (I'm happy to go into detail via PM if you're not sure what I'm talking about). Keep in mind that I'm well aware of type disadvantages and the low levels in the Arcane Realm and I take all of that into consideration, including the movesets of both your Pokémon and whatever I choose to have you come across, before selecting one for you to encounter. I wouldn't put you up against one if I thought it couldn't be done.

    Other than that all is good, so no worries there.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: Hinote has taken quite a blow, but the fire in her eyes demonstrates she is far from willing to give up this fight. Considering her current disadvantage, this aren't looking so good for her, but she's quick to react by kicking her good foot upward and digging her claws as deeply as possible into Snubbull's wound before pushing with all of her might and Scratching it open further. Snubbull's cry of agony is part yelp, part howl, and as it scrambles backward off of Hinote, she leaps up and hops as high into the air as possible, kicking out as hard as she can and Scratching Snubbull across the face. The little bulldog is taken aback, shocked by the fact this miniature chook is putting up not only quite a strong fight, but seems to be winning. Contorting its Face into the Scariest looking mask possible, Snubbull's attempt to make Hinote back off fails miserably as she is just too fired up to be intimidated by the bully before her. Putting as much power as possible into her good leg, she leaps from the ground, aiming another Scratch for the wound in Snubbull's belly. While Snubbull is looking quite faint now, sweat beading upon its brow and its complexion rather pale due to the pain from its open wound, this little dog isn't the type to give up easily and spins around, its stubby little Tail Whipping Hinote. Snubbull then stands its ground, facing Hinote with a look of determination in its eyes, but Hinote just stares back at it with a manical grin on her face. This dog has bitten off more than it can chew, and she's confident she can take it out with very little effort right now...



    Rakurai: "From what we can tell the creature has made its nest about a quarter mile into the sewers," Harris replies. "The last time someone tried to draw it out, the creature dragged their Pokémon away and carried if off deep into the system. Oddish hasn't been seen since..."

    Realising this information isn't about to make you feel any more confident, Harris is quick to at least try putting your mind to rest.

    "Your friend here has the advantage of being an Electric type," he continues, nodding toward Kiba. "With water being all around you down there he'll have a good chance of paralyzing the creature or at least hindering its movement. If you can disable it we can come down and dispose of it, or if you can draw it out we can trap it out here."

    Taking his words into consideration, you figure that if you're going to get this done then there's no point in wasting time standing around outside. The townspeople are obviously at their wits end after having lost so many Pokémon in addition to their crops, and with you being their only hope there doesn't appear to be much choice in the matter. Turning the knob in the door leading into the sewage system, you take a deep breath, hoping for the best before opening the door and taking your first step inside.

    If the odour in the streets had been bad, then this was definitely a hundred times worse. The putrid smell is so overpowering that both you and Kiba begin to gag, but after about a minute of breathing it in you become accustomed to it just enough to allow you to at least continue without bringing up your morning meals. Descending the stone steps one at a time, you soon find yourself standing in a long, dank, stone corridor with miles of tunnel on either side. Relying on Kiba's sense of smell to determine the direction in which you should go, he takes a minute to sniff the air in both directions before nodding to the left.

    The tunnel is quite dark and approximately two metres wide, the only light dimly illuminating the passageway coming from small manhole covers overhead that are spaced at roughly fifty metre intervals. A waterway is running through the tunnel as well, taking up a good metre of the walkway to your right leaving you little room to navigate should you find yourself face to face with the toxic purple creature the townspeople have come to loathe. The stone walls are damp, much of it coated in a layer of filthy moss, and you can't help but feel it's about time this place was upgraded a little to suit the modern era. The sound of dripping water somewhere in the distance only adds to the nervousness you're feeling, as do your echoing footsteps as you walk along the long corridor.

    Several minutes later you hear the distinct cry of pain, and hurry a little in order to find the source of the sound. Within minutes you come across another, narrower tunnel branching off to the left of the one you're following, and upon looking into it see a Grimer and Oddish engaged in quite a violent battle...

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon


    Rakurai: "From what we can tell the creature has made its nest about a quarter mile into the sewers," Harris replies. "The last time someone tried to draw it out, the creature dragged their Pokémon away and carried if off deep into the system. Oddish hasn't been seen since..."

    Realising this information isn't about to make you feel any more confident, Harris is quick to at least try putting your mind to rest.

    "Your friend here has the advantage of being an Electric type," he continues, nodding toward Kiba. "With water being all around you down there he'll have a good chance of paralyzing the creature or at least hindering its movement. If you can disable it we can come down and dispose of it, or if you can draw it out we can trap it out here."

    Taking his words into consideration, you figure that if you're going to get this done then there's no point in wasting time standing around outside. The townspeople are obviously at their wits end after having lost so many Pokémon in addition to their crops, and with you being their only hope there doesn't appear to be much choice in the matter. Turning the knob in the door leading into the sewage system, you take a deep breath, hoping for the best before opening the door and taking your first step inside.

    If the odour in the streets had been bad, then this was definitely a hundred times worse. The putrid smell is so overpowering that both you and Kiba begin to gag, but after about a minute of breathing it in you become accustomed to it just enough to allow you to at least continue without bringing up your morning meals. Descending the stone steps one at a time, you soon find yourself standing in a long, dank, stone corridor with miles of tunnel on either side. Relying on Kiba's sense of smell to determine the direction in which you should go, he takes a minute to sniff the air in both directions before nodding to the left.

    The tunnel is quite dark and approximately two metres wide, the only light dimly illuminating the passageway coming from small manhole covers overhead that are spaced at roughly fifty metre intervals. A waterway is running through the tunnel as well, taking up a good metre of the walkway to your right leaving you little room to navigate should you find yourself face to face with the toxic purple creature the townspeople have come to loathe. The stone walls are damp, much of it coated in a layer of filthy moss, and you can't help but feel it's about time this place was upgraded a little to suit the modern era. The sound of dripping water somewhere in the distance only adds to the nervousness you're feeling, as do your echoing footsteps as you walk along the long corridor.

    Several minutes later you hear the distinct cry of pain, and hurry a little in order to find the source of the sound. Within minutes you come across another, narrower tunnel branching off to the left of the one you're following, and upon looking into it see a Grimer and Oddish engaged in quite a violent battle...
    The sudden noise that broke the silence of the sewer made Kiba leap about a foot into the air, and also provoked a similar, but smaller reaction from Katsushige.

    "That sounded like a Pokemon... Let's hurry before we lose it!"

    Those were Katsushige's words as he hastily picked up the startled Electrike before running in the direction of the noise, not wanting to take the chance of getting separated.

    After locating the tunnel the noise was coming from, he set Kiba down, and quietly took a look around the corner, spotting the Grimer that was most likely the source of the problem, as well as an Oddish, which he reasoned was probably the one that Harris had mentioned.

    Since neither of the two Pokemon had seemed to notice him yet, Katsushige whispered his plan to Kiba, who was standing right behind him.

    "This is it. That Oddish that went missing is battling with the Grimer we came down here to deal with. It looks like it could use your help, so I want to you to quickly hit that Grimer with a Thunder Wave before it notices us. Try to lead it out of that tunnel into the open, where we are now. That way, you'll have a bit more space to maneuver. Keeping your distance from it is essential, as from what I hear, simply touching one of those things is enough to make you sick."

    Kiba gave a nod of his head to acknowledge the command before slowly moving into the tunnel, his body starting to throw off sparks of electricity as he prepared his attack.

    Katsushige watched from around the corner, as thoughts of concern began to fill his mind.

    "I hope he'll be okay. He has a definite speed advantage over that thing, plus that Oddish to back him up. But still, this is something new to him. I can tell that he's a bit tense..."






    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

    3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Kishu Arashi: Hinote has taken quite a blow, but the fire in her eyes demonstrates she is far from willing to give up this fight. Considering her current disadvantage, this aren't looking so good for her, but she's quick to react by kicking her good foot upward and digging her claws as deeply as possible into Snubbull's wound before pushing with all of her might and Scratching it open further. Snubbull's cry of agony is part yelp, part howl, and as it scrambles backward off of Hinote, she leaps up and hops as high into the air as possible, kicking out as hard as she can and Scratching Snubbull across the face. The little bulldog is taken aback, shocked by the fact this miniature chook is putting up not only quite a strong fight, but seems to be winning. Contorting its Face into the Scariest looking mask possible, Snubbull's attempt to make Hinote back off fails miserably as she is just too fired up to be intimidated by the bully before her. Putting as much power as possible into her good leg, she leaps from the ground, aiming another Scratch for the wound in Snubbull's belly. While Snubbull is looking quite faint now, sweat beading upon its brow and its complexion rather pale due to the pain from its open wound, this little dog isn't the type to give up easily and spins around, its stubby little Tail Whipping Hinote. Snubbull then stands its ground, facing Hinote with a look of determination in its eyes, but Hinote just stares back at it with a manical grin on her face. This dog has bitten off more than it can chew, and she's confident she can take it out with very little effort right now...
    Seeing the young Hinote being able to dish out some good damage to the seemingly more experienced Snubbull gave Arashi the hope that she and Hinote could win as a team. Patting the young Skitty, she got ready a Love Ball for the Skitty, well, if the kitten wanted to join anyway. She held no worry for Hinote now for she seemed to be able to finish off the Snubbull with just one or two more attacks. Victory was theirs.

    "Alright, finish that Snubbull off with two more Scratches. If that Pokemon still hasn't gone down with two scratches, find a weak spot and deal a final Scratch! You can beat him!" Arashi shouted rather enthusiastically, as she wanted Hinote to feel the thrill of winning her first battle and how it felt like. However, she did hope the young chick Pokemon wouldn't grow overconfident after a single victory.

    Staring at the kitten in her arms, she looked at it and thought up of something at least, something that could persuade her to join her team. Holding out a Love Ball she received from the Starter Pack, she glanced at the pink cat and asked rather gently.

    "Skitty, d'you wanna be part of my team?"

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    First I have a question. Is it possible to change my pokemon's name?

    A boy sat on the ground, flipping through a book. The boy had brown/blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore a black shirt and a pair of blue board shorts. Around the boy's waist was a brown leather belt. The book that he held was a guide to Fizzy Bubbles.
    Now lets see here, PikaGod thought as he observed the different areas available, The Ocean of Mystery is out because I don't have a water pokemon. The Graveyard looks interesting, though Nuzzles' Bide wouldn't even managed to touch the pokemon there.
    PikaGod paused for a moment, in deep though about where to go. Then it hit him! Nuzzles was a grass type, so it sounded like the Forest of Adventure was a great place for him. Thinking of Nuzzles PikaGod realized that he should get an opinion from his one and only pokemon. PikaGod gripped a ball that was somehow clipped onto his belt. With a quick motion of his arm, PikaGod threw the red and white ball into the air. The ball smashed into the ground and seemed to break, but in fact it sent out a red beam that materialized into an acorn. The acorn had huge eyes and was about as tall as the height from PikaGod's foot to his knee.
    "Hey there little fella," cooed PikaGod as he picked up his Seedot," Listen, how do you feel about going to the Forest of Adventure?"
    The acorn looked at his owner and friend before making the closest thing he could to a nod.
    "Well then let's go!" exclaimed PikaGod, putting the guidebook in his bag.
    The trainer stood up and stretched before looking for the path to The Forest of Adventure.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Any time you like.

    Entering the land known as the Arcane Realm, you spend some time reading through a guide book containing brief descriptions of the areas in which you can travel. While some areas seem more appealing than others, you finally decide upon the Forest of Mystery seeing as you believe Nuzzles will enjoy the environment. Allowing Nuzzles to travel by your side, a short while later you find yourself in the forest and walking along a thin trail worn into the grass. It's a beautiful day with sunlight filtering through the canopy of leaves overhead, and after several minutes of walking you find yourself faced with quite a disturbing scene. While a Ledyba is basking in a small patch of sunlight on the forest floor, a Starly swoops down from the branches above and begins attacking it quite ferociously...




    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Konan: From the look on Snubbull's face it seems the little bulldog is well aware of the fact Hinote has gotten the better of it, but its pride is clearly getting in the way. Refusing to give an inch to the little fire chick, Snubbull leaps forward and Tackles Hinote. Fortunately she's become rather accustomed to this by now and has learned from experience exactly how to get the dog off her. Snubbull on the other hand isn't quite as bright. While it pins Hinote beneath it, Hinote once again kicks out and Scratches Snubbull deeper into its open wound resulting in the dog releasing a weak, pained yelp and backing away from her. Hinote hops up, unwilling to allow her chance of defeating Snubbull to pass, and immediately Scratches it again. By this time with Snubbull looking like it's about to turn tail and run, Hinote moves in once more, putting all of her energy into one final Scratch which has Snubbull keeling over, KOed. Level up for Hinote.

    With Hinote eying the snoozing Snubbull warily, Skitty looks at her with big adoring eyes. It's quite obvious the little kitten is now looking upon Hinote as being its saviour which makes your next decision a very easy one indeed. Reaching into your pocket, you remove an empty pink Pokéball inscribed with a purple heart. Holding the Love Ball up in front of Skitty, you gently ask if it would like to become a part of your team. Skitty looks up at you curiously, then at the Love Ball, before returning its gaze to Hinote. A moment later it looks back up at you with happy little eyes, reaching out its paw and triggering the ball's release mechanism. The little pink kitten is sucked inside, resulting in a Lv.2 female Skitty becoming the newest addition to your team.

    At that moment, a small boy comes racing down the street screaming blue murder upon seeing Snubbull laying unconscious in the gutter. "What have you done to my Snubbull?!" he yells, before scooping it up in his arms and racing across the road to the Pokémon Centre. "You're gunna pay for this!", he yells again while disappearing through the doors. Shrugging, you figure you'll be long gone before he's ready to return and take pleasure in the fact you have an adorable new teammate to keep you company during future adventures...

    And with Skitty's capture, you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House and are free to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in a main zone of your choice. Upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, and Bulbagarden's Cascadia are available to you, but for the time being you may only choose one to adventure in. Enjoy ^-^



    Rakurai: It doesn't take long for you to assess the situation and realise that the Oddish involved in this battle with Grimer is the missing Pokémon Harris had earlier mentioned. Judging from the injuries to both Grimer and Oddish, combined with how exhausted they both appear to be, it seems this fight has been going on for quite some time. How Oddish has managed to survive this long is anyone's guess, but the fact it appears to have some Egg Moves on its side may be the reason the little blue bulb is still going strong. While you stand there watching, Oddish continues to put up the fight of its life unleashing a barrage of Bullet Seeds upon the purple sludge Pokémon but not before Grimer's body glows, Hardening itself against the attack. It retaliates quickly by moving in and Pounding Oddish hard only to be immediately whipped across the face with one of Oddish's little leaves. The sharp edges Cut Grimer who reaches out and Pounds Oddish again. While Oddish is retaliating with its Razor Leaf, you instruct Kiba to intervene as you know you need to help Oddish while stopping Grimer in the process.

    Kiba, looking rather tense as he's never been involved in a real Pokémon battle before, nods his understanding and moves in closer. Thankfully Grimer and Oddish are both too busy to have noticed either one of you yet, and are completely unaware of the fact their battle is about to be interrupted. With Kiba moving in you notice an unnatural gooey type of ooze on the ground which appears to be coming from Grimer. Thinking it has to be the sludge Pokémon's version of blood, this could mean that if luck is on your side the fact it is injured may help to make your job a little easier. Kiba watches closely, waiting for just the right chance to attack, and as soon as Grimer moves over a wet patch of stone, makes his move. Aiming his Thunder Wave into the wet patch Grimer is sitting in, the small tendrils of electricity charge the water and cause Grimer to begin convulsing violently as its body is wracked with electrical energy. Both Pokémon appear shocked upon finally noticing your presence, and in what has to be the most unexpected twist in this morning's events, Oddish releases and angry cry and leaps in between Kiba and Grimer. Facing Kiba with a look of pure rage on its little face, Oddish appears to be ready and willing to do him harm should Kiba even attempt to attack Grimer again...

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Konan: From the look on Snubbull's face it seems the little bulldog is well aware of the fact Hinote has gotten the better of it, but its pride is clearly getting in the way. Refusing to give an inch to the little fire chick, Snubbull leaps forward and Tackles Hinote. Fortunately she's become rather accustomed to this by now and has learned from experience exactly how to get the dog off her. Snubbull on the other hand isn't quite as bright. While it pins Hinote beneath it, Hinote once again kicks out and Scratches Snubbull deeper into its open wound resulting in the dog releasing a weak, pained yelp and backing away from her. Hinote hops up, unwilling to allow her chance of defeating Snubbull to pass, and immediately Scratches it again. By this time with Snubbull looking like it's about to turn tail and run, Hinote moves in once more, putting all of her energy into one final Scratch which has Snubbull keeling over, KOed. Level up for Hinote.

    With Hinote eying the snoozing Snubbull warily, Skitty looks at her with big adoring eyes. It's quite obvious the little kitten is now looking upon Hinote as being its saviour which makes your next decision a very easy one indeed. Reaching into your pocket, you remove an empty pink Pokéball inscribed with a purple heart. Holding the Love Ball up in front of Skitty, you gently ask if it would like to become a part of your team. Skitty looks up at you curiously, then at the Love Ball, before returning its gaze to Hinote. A moment later it looks back up at you with happy little eyes, reaching out its paw and triggering the ball's release mechanism. The little pink kitten is sucked inside, resulting in a Lv.2 female Skitty becoming the newest addition to your team.

    At that moment, a small boy comes racing down the street screaming blue murder upon seeing Snubbull laying unconscious in the gutter. "What have you done to my Snubbull?!" he yells, before scooping it up in his arms and racing across the road to the Pokémon Centre. "You're gunna pay for this!", he yells again while disappearing through the doors. Shrugging, you figure you'll be long gone before he's ready to return and take pleasure in the fact you have an adorable new teammate to keep you company during future adventures...

    And with Skitty's capture, you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House and are free to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in a main zone of your choice. Upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, and Bulbagarden's Cascadia are available to you, but for the time being you may only choose one to adventure in. Enjoy ^-^
    Seeing Hinote being sharp and learning on how to avoid repeating the same mistakes, easily finding a fast counter to Snubbull's repeative assault, Arashi smiled. She had learnt a lot from this battle and it seemed like the young chick did too. The brunette's hair blew in the wind as her Torchic mustered up all her strength to deliver a strong Scratch attack to knock out the pink colored Pokemon. The young Pokemon seemed to have gained strength and appeared to have levelled, causing the girl the put on a huge grin, something quite rare for her.

    Seeing the young kitten look around at Hinote before entering the Love Ball, the female was overjoyed. It was her first Pokemon capture and it meant she could do loads more now. Suddenly hearing a young boy's shout, the girl turned around to see an angered trainer who took his Snubull away. Deciding that this was the perfect time to leave, she dashed off, recalling Hinote into her Pokeball. This part of her journey would be etched onto the back of her mind, being the first ever and surprising journey. Hoping the boy from earlier wouldn't come chasing after her, she dashed out of Mediville and the Arcane Realm, ready to take on bigger challenges.

    Thanks very much for the great RPing. I'll be taking a day or two off before moving off to a zone. And thanks for giving me to privelege to the Egg House.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Rakurai: It doesn't take long for you to assess the situation and realise that the Oddish involved in this battle with Grimer is the missing Pokémon Harris had earlier mentioned. Judging from the injuries to both Grimer and Oddish, combined with how exhausted they both appear to be, it seems this fight has been going on for quite some time. How Oddish has managed to survive this long is anyone's guess, but the fact it appears to have some Egg Moves on its side may be the reason the little blue bulb is still going strong. While you stand there watching, Oddish continues to put up the fight of its life unleashing a barrage of Bullet Seeds upon the purple sludge Pokémon but not before Grimer's body glows, Hardening itself against the attack. It retaliates quickly by moving in and Pounding Oddish hard only to be immediately whipped across the face with one of Oddish's little leaves. The sharp edges Cut Grimer who reaches out and Pounds Oddish again. While Oddish is retaliating with its Razor Leaf, you instruct Kiba to intervene as you know you need to help Oddish while stopping Grimer in the process.

    Kiba, looking rather tense as he's never been involved in a real Pokémon battle before, nods his understanding and moves in closer. Thankfully Grimer and Oddish are both too busy to have noticed either one of you yet, and are completely unaware of the fact their battle is about to be interrupted. With Kiba moving in you notice an unnatural gooey type of ooze on the ground which appears to be coming from Grimer. Thinking it has to be the sludge Pokémon's version of blood, this could mean that if luck is on your side the fact it is injured may help to make your job a little easier. Kiba watches closely, waiting for just the right chance to attack, and as soon as Grimer moves over a wet patch of stone, makes his move. Aiming his Thunder Wave into the wet patch Grimer is sitting in, the small tendrils of electricity charge the water and cause Grimer to begin convulsing violently as its body is wracked with electrical energy. Both Pokémon appear shocked upon finally noticing your presence, and in what has to be the most unexpected twist in this morning's events, Oddish releases and angry cry and leaps in between Kiba and Grimer. Facing Kiba with a look of pure rage on its little face, Oddish appears to be ready and willing to do him harm should Kiba even attempt to attack Grimer again...
    Kiba was rather surprised by how the Oddish reacted to his attempt to render assistance, and backed away from the angry plant with a guilty look on his face, as if to express apology for his intrusion.

    "I guess it wants to finish what it started on its own...", Katsushige said to himself in an irritated tone, obviously upset by how rudely his friend's help had been rejected.

    "Kiba, come over to me, and we'll watch how this battle wraps up from a distance. You might need to get involved later."

    At those words, Kiba promptly ran back to his trainer, who was now standing in the open. "Maybe I ought to explain to that Oddish why we're here in the first place...", Katsushige thought to himself, reasoning that the Oddish's harsh reaction may have simply been a result of a misunderstanding. After a moment, he decided to speak up.

    "We came here to stop that Grimer that's been causing the town so many problems lately. A man named Harris told us that it had taken an Oddish down here, and I'm guessing that would be you. We figured you might need some help, but if you want to fight on your own, that's fine with us."

    "Regardless of the outcome, this problem is pretty much in the bag, since the Grimer looks like it's in pretty bad shape, meaning we can probably finish the job if that Oddish can't knock it out."




    Last edited by Rakurai; 9th October 2007 at 3:47 AM.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    Entering the land known as the Arcane Realm, you spend some time reading through a guide book containing brief descriptions of the areas in which you can travel. While some areas seem more appealing than others, you finally decide upon the Forest of Mystery seeing as you believe Nuzzles will enjoy the environment. Allowing Nuzzles to travel by your side, a short while later you find yourself in the forest and walking along a thin trail worn into the grass. It's a beautiful day with sunlight filtering through the canopy of leaves overhead, and after several minutes of walking you find yourself faced with quite a disturbing scene. While a Ledyba is basking in a small patch of sunlight on the forest floor, a Starly swoops down from the branches above and begins attacking it quite ferociously...
    PikaGod walked through the forest, amazed by it immense size and beauty. At his side a small acorn-like pokemon hopped gleefully. Nuzzles was absolutely ecstatic about being in a forest again. When he got caught by PikaGod's mother, Nuzzles had never been able to go back to a forest, because PikaGod's mother thought that it was too dangerous.
    "So do you like it here?" mockingly asked PikaGod, who knew that Nuzzles liked the Forest.
    The Seedot gave his trainer a look that could have been a look that said 'Are your kidding' either that or Nuzzles could be constipated but PikaGod chose the former. As the pair continued to walk on they saw a small red bug pokemon basking in the sun. PikaGod smiled at it because of the relaxed expression on its face until he saw the Starly. As the small bird attacked the bug PikaGod took a brief glance at Nuzzles, thinking about a way to possibly get rid the attacking bird. Nuzzles noticed PikaGod's glance and rolled his eyes. Nuzzles had a slight suspicion about what PikaGod was thinking about and to him it was obvious what to do.
    "Nuzzles are you ready to help that pokemon?" asked PikaGod.
    The Seedot looked at his trainer before doing the closest thing he could to a nod.
    "Okay then, try to find a way to get that Starly to attack you and then use Bide and when you have stored enough energy let the little bugger get its punishment for attacking that Ledyba!" PikaGod ordered.
    The grass pokemon nodded before running to the Starly.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Might I suggest to those of you who appear to be struggling with your Pokémon's limited movesets, to consider depositing them into the Move Tutor for a few days? Just one reasonably effective egg move on their side will help immensely with replies and you'll be free to pick up where we've left off here after you've picked them up. This is only a suggestion, you can take it or leave it, so the choice is yours.



    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Impressed with the size and beauty of the Forest of Mystery, you walk along engaging in some friendly banter with Nuzzles. Upon spying Ledyba basking in the sunlight you can't help but smile at the relaxed and carefree expression on the little bug's face, and when witnessing it come under attack from a Starly are quick to leap to the bugs aide. Nuzzles rolls his eyes, knowing before you say anything that you'll want to help Ledyba, or more accurately want him to help Ledyba, and immediately obeys your instructions. While Starly is flapping its wings in Ledyba's face, Nuzzles runs up and leaps in front of the helpless bug, drawing Starly's attention to him instead. Your plan has definitely worked, because Starly is so annoyed with Nuzzles for getting in its way that it Tackles him, but not before Nuzzles begins Biding his time, waiting for the right opportunity to unleash the energy he's beginning to store. He stands his ground while Starly swoops up high, watching as the angry bird comes Flying toward him. Upon impact, Nuzzles is sent rolling across the forest floor, spinning over and over before coming to a stop. He's feeling a little dizzy after that, but still holds his ground, feeling the energy building up inside. Starly is beginning to wonder why Nuzzles isn't moving at all, and while it circles around the treeline just above Nuzzles, Ledyba makes its escape. Starly doesn't appear to be interested in the little bug anymore though as it's more curious about Nuzzles and swoops down to Tackle him, wondering when the little acorn will retaliate...




    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: Oddish's expression seems to soften upon noting the guilty look on Kiba's face, and when Kiba retreats, signifying he's taken the message and won't interfere again, it is now Oddish who appears to be feeling guilty. Grimer's face is contorted into a mask of pain, and it is only now that you begin to suspect there is something more going on here that you're completely unaware of. It groans, saying something to Oddish who responds with something you don't understand. Whatever it is they're talking about, Kiba's attention has been perked, and he takes a step closer. Oddish gives him a warning glance, but upon hearing you out nods its understanding and allows Kiba to move in closer to Grimer. Now even more confused, you take a step closer as well to try and get the gist of the conversation going on between the three Pokémon.

    While Grimer lays back, Oddish points its little leaves toward something that appears to be embedded in the sludge Pokémon's underside, and upon closer inspection you find it to be quite a large piece of broken glass. Grimer's arms are far too pudgy and not quite long enough to pull the glass out, and Oddish doesn't have any arms and is so unable to help it. While the three natter between themselves the picture soon becomes clear as it seems Oddish and Grimer aren't mortal enemies after all. Grimer had initially pulled Oddish into the sewers as it had needed help removing the glass, but every time a trainer and Pokémon came near it all they would do is attack. At its wits end, it has stolen Oddish, and after explaining it's situation had befriended it. Unfortunately Oddish was helpless to aid Grimer considering it has no arms, and so the two have been battling non-stop in the vain hope of helping Oddish grow strong enough to evolve. As a Gloom, it will have arms and be able to help Grimer which is why it was so angry about the intrusion.

    All three Pokémon then seem to finish talking and look up at you, wondering what you'll decide to do next...

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post



    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: Oddish's expression seems to soften upon noting the guilty look on Kiba's face, and when Kiba retreats, signifying he's taken the message and won't interfere again, it is now Oddish who appears to be feeling guilty. Grimer's face is contorted into a mask of pain, and it is only now that you begin to suspect there is something more going on here that you're completely unaware of. It groans, saying something to Oddish who responds with something you don't understand. Whatever it is they're talking about, Kiba's attention has been perked, and he takes a step closer. Oddish gives him a warning glance, but upon hearing you out nods its understanding and allows Kiba to move in closer to Grimer. Now even more confused, you take a step closer as well to try and get the gist of the conversation going on between the three Pokémon.

    While Grimer lays back, Oddish points its little leaves toward something that appears to be embedded in the sludge Pokémon's underside, and upon closer inspection you find it to be quite a large piece of broken glass. Grimer's arms are far too pudgy and not quite long enough to pull the glass out, and Oddish doesn't have any arms and is so unable to help it. While the three natter between themselves the picture soon becomes clear as it seems Oddish and Grimer aren't mortal enemies after all. Grimer had initially pulled Oddish into the sewers as it had needed help removing the glass, but every time a trainer and Pokémon came near it all they would do is attack. At its wits end, it has stolen Oddish, and after explaining it's situation had befriended it. Unfortunately Oddish was helpless to aid Grimer considering it has no arms, and so the two have been battling non-stop in the vain hope of helping Oddish grow strong enough to evolve. As a Gloom, it will have arms and be able to help Grimer which is why it was so angry about the intrusion.

    All three Pokémon then seem to finish talking and look up at you, wondering what you'll decide to do next...
    Katsushige tried his best to make some sense of what in the world the three Pokemon were talking about, but failed completely, only grasping the fact that the Oddish had no intention of beating the Grimer senseless, judging from the fact that the two seemed to have forgotten about battling completely, and were simply chatting with each other now.

    "Well, this is certainly an interesting development. I have a feeling that this Grimer is completely unaware of all the trouble it's causing by being down here. Perhaps if I do it a favor, it'll be willing to go somewhere else. Or maybe it wants to go somewhere else, but that glass is making it too painful for it to do so."

    He looked at the piece of glass that was stuck in the Grimer as he thought about what to do. Eventually, he decided to make an offer to the troubled Pokemon.

    "I guess I could remove that piece of glass for you. But if I do, could you promise that you'll find a new home? It's just that by being down here, you seem to be causing a lot of problems for this town, though you can't really help it. That's probably why everyone keeps attacking you. I'll clear things up with the townsfolk to make sure you aren't the victim of any future attacks, as well. They might even be willing to help you find a place to live."

    I guess if I'm going to do this, I'd better be careful.", Katsushige thought to himself, before pulling a piece of cloth out of his bag to cover his hand with, so as to avoid coming into direct contact with the Grimer's toxic body.

    He waited to see if the Grimer would be willing to agree to his terms before removing the piece of glass...
    Last edited by Rakurai; 10th October 2007 at 9:50 AM.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Impressed with the size and beauty of the Forest of Mystery, you walk along engaging in some friendly banter with Nuzzles. Upon spying Ledyba basking in the sunlight you can't help but smile at the relaxed and carefree expression on the little bug's face, and when witnessing it come under attack from a Starly are quick to leap to the bugs aide. Nuzzles rolls his eyes, knowing before you say anything that you'll want to help Ledyba, or more accurately want him to help Ledyba, and immediately obeys your instructions. While Starly is flapping its wings in Ledyba's face, Nuzzles runs up and leaps in front of the helpless bug, drawing Starly's attention to him instead. Your plan has definitely worked, because Starly is so annoyed with Nuzzles for getting in its way that it Tackles him, but not before Nuzzles begins Biding his time, waiting for the right opportunity to unleash the energy he's beginning to store. He stands his ground while Starly swoops up high, watching as the angry bird comes Flying toward him. Upon impact, Nuzzles is sent rolling across the forest floor, spinning over and over before coming to a stop. He's feeling a little dizzy after that, but still holds his ground, feeling the energy building up inside. Starly is beginning to wonder why Nuzzles isn't moving at all, and while it circles around the treeline just above Nuzzles, Ledyba makes its escape. Starly doesn't appear to be interested in the little bug anymore though as it's more curious about Nuzzles and swoops down to Tackle him, wondering when the little acorn will retaliate...
    PikaGod winced as he saw his pokemon get hit by the Starly. Apparently the small bird could pack a wallop. And all Nuzzles could actually do is absorb the energy.
    Memo to self thought the trainer, After we are finished in the Forest of Adventure, take Nuzzles to the Move Tutor.
    Just after he thought that PikaGod saw his acorn pokemon get smashed by the bird again. And once again the newbie trainer winced.
    "Go Nuzzles!" he yelled out, "Show that stupid bird who is boss!"
    While trying to encourage his pokemon PikaGod secretly hoped that Nuzzles still had enough energy left in him so that the grass type would survive to use his bide attack.
    I wonder, wondered PikaGod, What if Nuzzles has enough energy in him so that I can catch that Starly?
    With that thought in his mind PikaGod unconsciously grabbed the Net Ball on his belt.
    Well I can only know if it happens, PikaGod thought.
    "Nuzzles! Unleash energy!" screamed out PikaGod to his pokemon, hoping that he had a chance of catching the Starly.
    After yelling out his order, PikaGod paid close attention to his Seedot hoping that his plan would work.
    Last edited by PeeGee; 10th October 2007 at 5:25 AM.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Considering Nuzzles' distinct type disadvantage against Starly, you can only hope the little guy actually manages to survive long enough to be able to unleash his energy. First instructing him to show Starly who is boss, you cross your fingers praying that Starly won't knock him out while he continues to absorb the energy from the birds attacks. Starly is quite an opponent, very fast and extremely strong against your little grass type. It uses a Quick Attack/Tackle Combo, once again causing Nuzzles to go rolly polly across the forest floor before coming to a complete stop. If anything, Nuzzles is looking a little annoyed by the fact he is helpless to do anything other than take the abuse Starly is dishing out, but a little gleam in his eye signifies his pleasure with the fact he can feel the energy building. His eyes follow Starly's every move, and Starly appears to think it has Nuzzles at its mercy while it circles around above him, squawking threateningly. When Starly makes its move and swoops in with Fly, Nuzzles knows it's a do or die situation. The flying attack could very well KO Nuzzles on the spot, but if it doesn't he is home free. The impact knocks Nuzzles off his feet, and this time when he comes to a stop your breath catches in your throat as Nuzzles doesn't appear to be moving. He's just laying on the forest floor, but after what seems like an eternity he opens his eyes. Starly sees this, shocked that its attack hasn't knocked out this cheeky little intruder, and it moves in for one final attack. Nuzzles is ready though, and while he lays there on the ground, watching Starly swoop in, he can feel a surging energy inside of him. He'd taken a heavy blow from that last attack, but the advantage was that he now has more than enough inside of him to take Starly out. Hearing your command to unleash his energy, Nuzzles waits until Starly is only a metre away before releasing a powerful beam filled with Normal and Flying Energy. It strikes Starly hard in the chest, the bird's eyes bulging with shock when it realises what Nuzzles has been doing all of this time, before it drops to the ground with an angry screech. Watching with baited breath you're nervous when you see that Nuzzles isn't moving, and upon moving closer see that the energy he had used has caused him to pass out. Looking at Starly you see it's still conscious, though barely. It's on the ground, squawking weakly, not even having enough energy to take flight and flee...




    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: With this unexpected development coming completely out of left field, you decide to reason with Grimer in the hope that it will have a better understanding as to why people are attacking. It looks guilty upon hearing what you have to say, so guilty that its eyes begin to ooze something you're guessing are tears. It's obvious Grimer doesn't want to harm anyone, it just wants some help so it can continue moving on to wherever it was going when it was passing through the Mediville sewer line and ended up in trouble. It nods, understanding and agreeing to your terms allowing you to move closer while Oddish watches the goings on carefully.

    Ensuring your hands are well protected, you remove the glass from Grimer whose face turns from a mask of agony to one of relief. It's still not out of the woods though, as it is still leaking that gooey, bloody substance at a much faster rate. Grimer is quite pale, and Oddish is tapping your arm with its little leaves, urging you to continue on and out of the sewers while Grimer still has the energy to move unaided. It's slow going, and while you walk along with Kiba, Oddish and Grimer, the sludge Pokémon is becoming weaker and weaker. You're afraid that it's not going to make it to the exit when you see the stone stairway a few metres ahead.

    Finally emerging into sunlight you find Harris and the other townsfolk you'd met earlier waiting. Upon seeing you exit the door, it appears they're ready and waiting for Grimer, but what you find does not please you at all. Rather than trying to catch Grimer and then "dispose" of it someplace else, it appears they were quite literal in the sense of wanting to dispose of Grimer - permanently. They are waiting by the entrance with hunting rifles aimed for the door, and when Grimer begins to emerge from the stairwell they aim for it, ready to shoot...

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Considering Nuzzles' distinct type disadvantage against Starly, you can only hope the little guy actually manages to survive long enough to be able to unleash his energy. First instructing him to show Starly who is boss, you cross your fingers praying that Starly won't knock him out while he continues to absorb the energy from the birds attacks. Starly is quite an opponent, very fast and extremely strong against your little grass type. It uses a Quick Attack/Tackle Combo, once again causing Nuzzles to go rolly polly across the forest floor before coming to a complete stop. If anything, Nuzzles is looking a little annoyed by the fact he is helpless to do anything other than take the abuse Starly is dishing out, but a little gleam in his eye signifies his pleasure with the fact he can feel the energy building. His eyes follow Starly's every move, and Starly appears to think it has Nuzzles at its mercy while it circles around above him, squawking threateningly. When Starly makes its move and swoops in with Fly, Nuzzles knows it's a do or die situation. The flying attack could very well KO Nuzzles on the spot, but if it doesn't he is home free. The impact knocks Nuzzles off his feet, and this time when he comes to a stop your breath catches in your throat as Nuzzles doesn't appear to be moving. He's just laying on the forest floor, but after what seems like an eternity he opens his eyes. Starly sees this, shocked that its attack hasn't knocked out this cheeky little intruder, and it moves in for one final attack. Nuzzles is ready though, and while he lays there on the ground, watching Starly swoop in, he can feel a surging energy inside of him. He'd taken a heavy blow from that last attack, but the advantage was that he now has more than enough inside of him to take Starly out. Hearing your command to unleash his energy, Nuzzles waits until Starly is only a metre away before releasing a powerful beam filled with Normal and Flying Energy. It strikes Starly hard in the chest, the bird's eyes bulging with shock when it realises what Nuzzles has been doing all of this time, before it drops to the ground with an angry screech. Watching with baited breath you're nervous when you see that Nuzzles isn't moving, and upon moving closer see that the energy he had used has caused him to pass out. Looking at Starly you see it's still conscious, though barely. It's on the ground, squawking weakly, not even having enough energy to take flight and flee...
    PikaGod watched the beam of energy smash into the Starly. The trainer was about to yell out congratulations to Nuzzles but PikaGod saw that he was knocked out.
    That last attack must have really taken out alot of energy, thought PikaGod.
    PikaGod rushed over to his fallen pokemon and picked the Seedot up and started to cradle him.
    "You did well little fella," whispered PikaGod as he gripped Nuzzles' pokeball.
    In a beam of red light the Seedot was returned to his pokeball. PikaGod finally noticed the Starly as he clipped his pokemon's pokeball back onto his belt. The trainer's eyes lit up, he might finally get his first catch.
    "You're mine," muttered the trainer.
    PikaGod grabbed the Net Ball and threw towards the nearly fainted pokemon.
    C'mon, c'mon, thought PikaGod as the ball hurtled towards the Starly.


    Enchantress, this update was really hard to right about ten lines for so I tried my best to get to ten lines and still have it be reasonable.
    Last edited by PeeGee; 12th October 2007 at 11:27 AM.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    My suggestion is to try and RP in your feelings while you're watching the battle unfold rather than starting from the point at which it finished. It'll give you some RP experience, and also help you to relate to what your Pokémon may be feeling. As for the Net Ball, can you please edit the link into your update? All items shoud be linked to when they're being used. Whether they're balls, potions, or whatever.

    You've been trying, I'll give you credit for that. So long as you keep on trying you'll get to the point where you won't even need to think about your reply before you start, it'll just come naturally.

    Considering you have a ten line size one font limit, you're doing well ^-~

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    I put in the link.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: With this unexpected development coming completely out of left field, you decide to reason with Grimer in the hope that it will have a better understanding as to why people are attacking. It looks guilty upon hearing what you have to say, so guilty that its eyes begin to ooze something you're guessing are tears. It's obvious Grimer doesn't want to harm anyone, it just wants some help so it can continue moving on to wherever it was going when it was passing through the Mediville sewer line and ended up in trouble. It nods, understanding and agreeing to your terms allowing you to move closer while Oddish watches the goings on carefully.

    Ensuring your hands are well protected, you remove the glass from Grimer whose face turns from a mask of agony to one of relief. It's still not out of the woods though, as it is still leaking that gooey, bloody substance at a much faster rate. Grimer is quite pale, and Oddish is tapping your arm with its little leaves, urging you to continue on and out of the sewers while Grimer still has the energy to move unaided. It's slow going, and while you walk along with Kiba, Oddish and Grimer, the sludge Pokémon is becoming weaker and weaker. You're afraid that it's not going to make it to the exit when you see the stone stairway a few metres ahead.

    Finally emerging into sunlight you find Harris and the other townsfolk you'd met earlier waiting. Upon seeing you exit the door, it appears they're ready and waiting for Grimer, but what you find does not please you at all. Rather than trying to catch Grimer and then "dispose" of it someplace else, it appears they were quite literal in the sense of wanting to dispose of Grimer - permanently. They are waiting by the entrance with hunting rifles aimed for the door, and when Grimer begins to emerge from the stairwell they aim for it, ready to shoot...
    Katsushige and Kiba both felt rather relieved for multiple reasons, among them the fact that no real battle took place, and the fact that both of them had come out of the situation unscathed. But, the Grimer's injury was still pressing on their minds.

    "Just a little more, and this will be all over...", Katsushige thought to himself, as he saw the stairs leading up to the surface. However, upon finally exiting the sewers, the sight of Harris and the other men with their rifles instantly made most of his relief disappear.

    Reacting impulsively, he moved in front of the Grimer who had emerged from the sewers just after him and Kiba, and quickly spoke up, looking very angry as he did so. Kiba followed his trainer's lead, moving in front of the Grimer as well, after which he began releasing a low growl to show his disapproval for what the men were intending to do.

    "What's the meaning of this?! You said you and the others were going to trap the Grimer, not shoot it. I know it's caused a lot of problems, but none of it was intentional. This Grimer was simply passing through this area, but it got injured, which kept it from leaving. That's the only reason why the water pollution has gotten so out of hand."

    Pausing for a moment, Katsushige took out the piece of glass that had been stuck in the Grimer, and unwrapped the cloth from around it before holding it up for all to see. Both the glass and cloth had some purplish residue on them. He had kept them for the sake of being able to offer a better explanation of what had happened down in the sewers, not expecting that something like what was happening now would've taken place. He then continued on with his explanation.

    "This is what kept this Grimer from reaching the destination it had in mind. Also, the Oddish that disappeared is alive and well. In fact, it's with us right now. It turns out the Grimer dragged it off simply because it wanted help with removing the glass, and now the two are friends. Oddish was battling with this Grimer in hopes of evolving so it could gain the arms necessary to help it out. It can personally attest to the fact that this Grimer meant the town no harm. So, please spare the poor thing. Right now, it could really use some treatment at a Pokemon Center, since that glass caused a pretty serious injury."

    Having finished his long winded explanation, Katsushige took a deep breath, then crossed his arms as he waited to see how the men would react to what he had just said. Kiba looked a little surprised by his trainer's strong response to the situation, having never seen him speak out in such a way before. He stopped growling, and gave a slow nod of his head to show the men that he wholeheartedly agreed with everything his trainer had just said...

    Last edited by Rakurai; 13th October 2007 at 11:19 AM.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Lifting Nuzzles gently from the ground, you look over him first, congratulating him for a battle well fought before returning him to his ball to rest. Turning your attention to Starly you pray it's weak enough to capture, throwing your Net Ball at it and watching with baited breath while the bird is sucked inside. Starly attempts to put up a fight, and you watch the Pokéball wobbling wildly on the ground for what seems like forever before Starly finally loses the battle and the ball falls still. The capture light turns green, signalling your successful capture of a Lv.5 female Starly. Before you even have a chance to retrieve the ball from the ground Ledyba appears from the bushes, staring at you with wide, adoring eyes. It seems this little one is very grateful to you for having saved its life and a moment later it runs over to you, plopping a Lum Berry at your feet. Ledyba then turns and heads back off into the bushes, turning around to look at you as though asking, "What are you waiting for?" Seems this little one wants you to follow it...


    Starly's capture has unlocked your rights to the Egg House, but I'd like to keep you here a little longer just to see how you go. I've left the update at a point where you can choose to continue with this adventure or move off into another area. Whatever you choose to do, the stipulations we've previously discussed still apply.




    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: With both you and Kiba standing protectively in front of Grimer while you berate Harris and his friends for even entertaining the thought of harming the poor creature, Oddish appears from the doorway as well, it's little face twisting into a mask of pure rage upon seeing rifles pointed at its friend. It leaps in front of all three of you before stalking up to Harris and kicking him in the ankle resulting in all of the townspeople lowering their weapons. Seeing Oddish's reaction to the situation has only confirmed in their minds that every word of your story is true, and if that's the case then it is unfair to punish Grimer for something it has had no control over. Shaking his head and running his fingers through his hair in a manner that portrays he has no idea what to do, Harris looks from Oddish to Grimer to you, before finally speaking.

    "Well then, this certainly does change things," he says quietly, his gaze returning to Grimer. "It also sheds light on the matter since it explains everything that has been happening as of late. We cannot punish an innocent creature when it is not in the wrong, but we cannot allow it to stay here either. Our town is in ruins and the longer it stays here, the worse the pollution will become."

    "The Pokémon Centre is across the street," Harris continues, pointing to a small stone building with a large Pokéball design over top of the entrance door. "You've already done our town a great service by finding the source of the trouble, but if you can do us one last favour and please see that Grimer is tended to before you leave we'll appreciate it immensely."

    Reaching into his pocket, Harris removes a green and white Pokéball embedded with red and yellow gems.

    "This is for you," he says, handing it to you. "A Friend Ball given in thanks for your services to our town, and a reminder that you will always be welcome here. Perhaps when Mediville has recovered from this seasons catastrophe you will consider returning to see us at our best rather than our worst."

    A few minutes later, after taking leave of Harris and his friends, you enter the Pokémon Centre with Grimer and Oddish. Oddish is refusing to leave Grimer's side until it knows its friend is okay, and watches protectively while the nurse tends to Grimer after having heard your explanation of events. The nurse is understanding of the situation and patches Grimer up as best she can for the time being, but the look of concern in her pale blue eyes has you worried.

    "Grimer is going to need some care until this wound has fully healed, but we can't keep it here for I fear not all of the townspeople will be understanding of its situation" she says, a little frown creasing her brow. "It'll have to leave, but could end up with a terrible infection if left a..."

    Before she has an opportunity to finish speaking, Oddish leaps to the counter pointing its little leaves toward Grimer and then puffing out its chest. Obviously Oddish feels its perfectly capable of taking care of its friend and is willing to leave Mediville and its trainer to care for it.

    "That's not exactly what I had in mind Oddish," the nurse laughs, both amused and delighted by the loyalty the little grass type is showing its injured friend. Looking back to you expectantly she asks, "Would you be willing to travel with Grimer for a little while? At least until it's well enough to travel on its own?"

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post




    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: With both you and Kiba standing protectively in front of Grimer while you berate Harris and his friends for even entertaining the thought of harming the poor creature, Oddish appears from the doorway as well, it's little face twisting into a mask of pure rage upon seeing rifles pointed at its friend. It leaps in front of all three of you before stalking up to Harris and kicking him in the ankle resulting in all of the townspeople lowering their weapons. Seeing Oddish's reaction to the situation has only confirmed in their minds that every word of your story is true, and if that's the case then it is unfair to punish Grimer for something it has had no control over. Shaking his head and running his fingers through his hair in a manner that portrays he has no idea what to do, Harris looks from Oddish to Grimer to you, before finally speaking.

    "Well then, this certainly does change things," he says quietly, his gaze returning to Grimer. "It also sheds light on the matter since it explains everything that has been happening as of late. We cannot punish an innocent creature when it is not in the wrong, but we cannot allow it to stay here either. Our town is in ruins and the longer it stays here, the worse the pollution will become."

    "The Pokémon Centre is across the street," Harris continues, pointing to a small stone building with a large Pokéball design over top of the entrance door. "You've already done our town a great service by finding the source of the trouble, but if you can do us one last favour and please see that Grimer is tended to before you leave we'll appreciate it immensely."

    Reaching into his pocket, Harris removes a green and white Pokéball embedded with red and yellow gems.

    "This is for you," he says, handing it to you. "A Friend Ball given in thanks for your services to our town, and a reminder that you will always be welcome here. Perhaps when Mediville has recovered from this seasons catastrophe you will consider returning to see us at our best rather than our worst."

    A few minutes later, after taking leave of Harris and his friends, you enter the Pokémon Centre with Grimer and Oddish. Oddish is refusing to leave Grimer's side until it knows its friend is okay, and watches protectively while the nurse tends to Grimer after having heard your explanation of events. The nurse is understanding of the situation and patches Grimer up as best she can for the time being, but the look of concern in her pale blue eyes has you worried.

    "Grimer is going to need some care until this wound has fully healed, but we can't keep it here for I fear not all of the townspeople will be understanding of its situation" she says, a little frown creasing her brow. "It'll have to leave, but could end up with a terrible infection if left a..."

    Before she has an opportunity to finish speaking, Oddish leaps to the counter pointing its little leaves toward Grimer and then puffing out its chest. Obviously Oddish feels its perfectly capable of taking care of its friend and is willing to leave Mediville and its trainer to care for it.

    "That's not exactly what I had in mind Oddish," the nurse laughs, both amused and delighted by the loyalty the little grass type is showing its injured friend. Looking back to you expectantly she asks, "Would you be willing to travel with Grimer for a little while? At least until it's well enough to travel on its own?"
    Katsushige turned to look at Kiba, who was sitting a good distance away from the Grimer, and noticed he seemed to be trying very hard to hide a look of disgust. The smell of the Grimer wasn't nearly as powerful as it had been back in the sewer, but evidently, it still seemed to be bothering Kiba a lot.

    "Somehow, I don't think having that Grimer around forever is going to work out. But I think Kiba can at least bear with it until it recovers..."

    Having already come to a decision, Katsushige turned to the nurse and spoke up.

    "Well, since we're the ones who helped Grimer get out of this mess, I feel its our responsibility to watch over it until it can go off on its own again."

    Turning to the Oddish, he said, "I know you're worried about Grimer, but I'm sure your trainer is just as worried about you. I promise that we'll keep it safe."

    Having spoken, Katsushige then reached into his bag, and pulled out a Poke Ball from his bag, and showed to the Grimer before asking it a question.

    "Are you ready to go? We don't have any particular destination in mind, but it seemed as though you did, if I'm not mistaken. We wouldn't mind taking you there, if you know the way."
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

    3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    [color=limegreen]Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Lifting Nuzzles gently from the ground, you look over him first, congratulating him for a battle well fought before returning him to his ball to rest. Turning your attention to Starly you pray it's weak enough to capture, throwing your Net Ball at it and watching with baited breath while the bird is sucked inside. Starly attempts to put up a fight, and you watch the Pokéball wobbling wildly on the ground for what seems like forever before Starly finally loses the battle and the ball falls still. The capture light turns green, signalling your successful capture of a Lv.5 female Starly. Before you even have a chance to retrieve the ball from the ground Ledyba appears from the bushes, staring at you with wide, adoring eyes. It seems this little one is very grateful to you for having saved its life and a moment later it runs over to you, plopping a Lum Berry at your feet. Ledyba then turns and heads back off into the bushes, turning around to look at you as though asking, "What are you waiting for?" Seems this little one wants you to follow it...
    PikaGod watched anxiously as the ball hit the nearly fainted bird. The Starly was sent into the ball with a red beam. The Net Ball rocked and rocked until the Starly finally admitted defeat. Before PikaGod even had the chance to get his Starly's pokeball, the Ledyba from before jumped out of some bushes and put a Lum Berry by his feet. It then proceeded to walk off into the bushes, expecting PikaGod to follow.
    Okay, should I follow the Ledyba or not? thought the trainer.
    PikaGod finally nodded his head.
    "But I need to get something first," said PikaGod to the Ledyba.
    Not bothering to hear a reply PikaGod walked over to the Starly's pokeball.
    "Welcome to the team Starana," whispered PikaGod as he clipped her pokeball right next to Nuzzles.
    Just as PikaGod was about to say he was ready to go, he realised something very, very bad.
    I only have a very injured Starly that can battle for me he thought, his eyes wide open, I'm really going to have to trust this bug to not get me into a battle.
    Hoping that he was making the right decision, PikaGod motioned to the Ledyba that he was ready to follow.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Please remember what we discussed via PM, particularly regarding decent paragraphs when you reply. When you restarted you showed a vast improvement, but you're slowly slipping again. I know it sometimes seems hard to make a reply out of a short update, but it is possible as illustrated here and here. There are many more examples as well, so read through zones if you want to pick up ideas. There's no need to rush it, so just take your time and experiment with trying to extend upon what you've already written before submitting. If you'd like some pointers, PM me at any time. I'm here to help, so don't be afraid to ask if you feel you need to.

    Retrieving the Net Ball containing your newly caught Starly before catching up with Ledyba who continues to lead you into the forest, you can't help but be concerned by the fact you have only one conscious Pokémon and that even she has next to no energy. Hoping you won't need to battle in the near future, you soon find yourself emerging into a small clearing inhabited by more Ledyba than you've ever seen in your life. It appears you're now standing amidst the colony with whom Ledyba lives but are not quite sure why it's brought you here. While the hundreds of Ledyba look at you curiously, the one who has led you here proceeds to tell them a rather dramatic story full of exaggerated movements eliciting, Ooohs!" and Aaahs!" from the crowd. When Ledyba finishes its heroic story, they all look upon you with adoration while whispering excitedly amongst themselves. While you look over them warily, you notice what appears to be a very old, shiny Ledian making its way toward you. Stopping before you, it looks up at you with an expression of hope on its face before saying something which sounds very much like, "Will you help us?"



    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: Realising this relationship isn't going to last long-term, you're at least willing to allow Grimer to travel with you until it's well enough to continue alone. Deciding that a Pokéball will be the best choice for everyone as it will enable Grimer to heal faster and for both you and Kiba to remain unaffected by its putrid odour, you hold the ball in front of the Sludge Pokémon asking if it's happy to travel with you. Grimer turns to Oddish, a quick thank you and goodbye exchanged between the two before Grimer gurgles something that Kiba understands to mean "I want to travel to a land outside the Arcane Realm". A moment later it presses the button on the Pokéball and disappears inside giving you ownership of the Lv.4 male Grimer while Oddish watches on sadly knowing it may never see its newfound friend again.

    A short while later, after leaving the Pokémon Centre, you see it's now approaching sunset as you walk along the dirt road leading out of Mediville. Turning back to take one final look at the quaint little farming village you see the tiny form of Oddish jumping up and down, its little leaves waving madly in a final farewell, and you wonder if the two will one day reunite. With the beautiful colours of sunset streaking the sky, you take your leave of Mediville and the Arcane Realm, wondering where your future travels will lead you...

    And with Grimer's capture you're free to use the Egg House and to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in a main zone of your choice. Upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, and Bulbagarden's Cascadia are the current zones available for you to choose from, but for the time being you may only choose two of the three to adventure in. Hope you're enjoying FB so far, and will have fun in your future travels ^-~

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

    Rakurai: Realising this relationship isn't going to last long-term, you're at least willing to allow Grimer to travel with you until it's well enough to continue alone. Deciding that a Pokéball will be the best choice for everyone as it will enable Grimer to heal faster and for both you and Kiba to remain unaffected by its putrid odour, you hold the ball in front of the Sludge Pokémon asking if it's happy to travel with you. Grimer turns to Oddish, a quick thank you and goodbye exchanged between the two before Grimer gurgles something that Kiba understands to mean "I want to travel to a land outside the Arcane Realm". A moment later it presses the button on the Pokéball and disappears inside giving you ownership of the Lv.4 male Grimer while Oddish watches on sadly knowing it may never see its newfound friend again.

    A short while later, after leaving the Pokémon Centre, you see it's now approaching sunset as you walk along the dirt road leading out of Mediville. Turning back to take one final look at the quaint little farming village you see the tiny form of Oddish jumping up and down, its little leaves waving madly in a final farewell, and you wonder if the two will one day reunite. With the beautiful colours of sunset streaking the sky, you take your leave of Mediville and the Arcane Realm, wondering where your future travels will lead you...

    And with Grimer's capture you're free to use the Egg House and to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in a main zone of your choice. Upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, and Bulbagarden's Cascadia are the current zones available for you to choose from, but for the time being you may only choose two of the three to adventure in. Hope you're enjoying FB so far, and will have fun in your future travels ^-~
    Katsushige and Kiba had started their way down a path leading to places unknown, and their eyes were once again fixed on the sky, mesmerized by the colors of the sunset. However, after a short time, a thought suddenly struck the trainer's mind, and he stopped, before saying something to Kiba.

    "You know, it totally slipped my mind, but I just remembered that we were supposed to get some training done back in Mediville. I guess you'll get your taste of a real battle sooner or later, though. I just hope we don't get in over our heads."

    He then took one last look at Mediville, thoughts of the events that had happened earlier in the day filling his head as he did so.

    "We'll have to come back someday. I'd love to see what the town is like at its best. It still amazes me that one ordinary Pokemon almost brought that place to ruin..."

    Turning to Kiba again, he said, "I guess we should pick up the pace. It's going to get dark pretty soon."

    Kiba gave an enthusiastic nod of his head, before speeding down the path, with his trainer trying to keep up to the best of his ability...


    Thanks for all of the updates. For the speed they come at, I consider them to be of high quality.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 17th October 2007 at 2:36 AM.
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

    3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen
    Retrieving the Net Ball containing your newly caught Starly before catching up with Ledyba who continues to lead you into the forest, you can't help but be concerned by the fact you have only one conscious Pokémon and that even she has next to no energy. Hoping you won't need to battle in the near future, you soon find yourself emerging into a small clearing inhabited by more Ledyba than you've ever seen in your life. It appears you're now standing amidst the colony with whom Ledyba lives but are not quite sure why it's brought you here. While the hundreds of Ledyba look at you curiously, the one who has led you here proceeds to tell them a rather dramatic story full of exaggerated movements eliciting, Ooohs!" and Aaahs!" from the crowd. When Ledyba finishes its heroic story, they all look upon you with adoration while whispering excitedly amongst themselves. While you look over them warily, you notice what appears to be a very old, shiny Ledian making its way toward you. Stopping before you, it looks up at you with an expression of hope on its face before saying something which sounds very much like, "Will you help us?"

    PikaGod followed the small bug, wondering where he was being taken. Soon however, he stopped as he stopped in a small clearing. He looked around in amazement at all the Ledybas that were there. There had to be at least one hundred of them.
    Oh my God. he thought, There are so many bugs ... and their all staring at me!
    The trainer was quite alarmed to see that he was the centre of attention, thanks to Ledyba telling the story of how he was saved. But PikaGod had a feeling that the story was being slightly exaggerated. He didn't know why, he just felt as if it was being exaggerated. It was then PikaGod noticed the shiny Ledian. His eyes went wide open and his jaw dropped. The newbie trainer felt honored to be in the presence of a shiny pokemon. Especially in the presence of an old one!
    Wow! he thought This is so cool!
    And then he heard what sounded like 'will you help us?'. At that PikaGod's face went pale. He shook his head, let the colour return before thinking about the situation at hand.
    Well, I don't have any pokemon that could survive in a battle but hopefully I won't have to go into a battle.
    PikaGod gulped before saying "Yes I will help you."
    He then waited to find out what he had to do.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Upon hearing you agree to help, an excited buzz passes through the crowd of Ledyba before they all surround you. Making a large circle around both you and their leader, it isn't long before you smell a strange aroma in the air. It is by no means unpleasant, in fact it's rather aromatic, but before long you find yourself feeling a little lightheaded. Wondering what's going on you finally sit on the grass in front of the shiny Ledian as the dizziness is really getting to you now, and as he looks deep into your eyes your vision becomes blurry as crystal clear images start to form in your subconscious. You then hear a deep voice which begins to tell a story which you see clearly in your mind, almost as though you are in a dream...

    Since the beginning of time the Ledyba have lived peacefully in the forest, in harmony with Mother Nature and all that is pure. Our leaders descend from the very first Five Star Pokémon, their royal heritage defined by the special colour they posses which is passed down through their bloodline from father to son. The forest was ours to make a home, to breed and thrive in its lush surrounds. The soil our life force, the grass our sustenance, the trees our shelter, the skies our liberty. We've lived and played, sang and danced, existing in peace with our fellow forest friends.

    The happy images of peaceful, playful Ledyba then slowly begin to chance, the image turning darker as the voice in your mind continues to relay the story...

    Then came the day that humankind entered the forest and began to take. First the trees, then the earth, with large metallic beasts baring deadly teeth that tore through our home with a ferocious roar, destroying any and all in their wake. Finally they took the Pokémon, our forest friends, imprisoning them inside tiny spheres where daylight cannot reach. One by one the species died, most fleeing deeper into the forest, but others unable to escape, their numbers now but a few. Until recently the Ledyba have managed to hide, as our kind are of little interest to humankind. But they have found our heirs, our royal line, whose shiny coats caused greed to rise in the hearts of the humans who have stolen them from our midst. Our royal prince and his twin must return to rule the Ledyba for without them we will die...

    With the image fading from your mind you slowly begin to come back to your senses, the strange aroma you'd smelled earlier now less potent as it wafts away on a light breeze passing through the forest. Understanding the Ledyba need their shiny royal heirs back to lead them, and they need your help in order to do so, you're a little overwhelmed as it appears to be quite a task. No matter what it means to you, they are placing their future in your hands and that has to account for something. The little Ledyba who had originally brought you here now approaches you with a hopeful smile, seemingly waiting for you to follow...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •