Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 223

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Upon hearing you agree to help, an excited buzz passes through the crowd of Ledyba before they all surround you. Making a large circle around both you and their leader, it isn't long before you smell a strange aroma in the air. It is by no means unpleasant, in fact it's rather aromatic, but before long you find yourself feeling a little lightheaded. Wondering what's going on you finally sit on the grass in front of the shiny Ledian as the dizziness is really getting to you now, and as he looks deep into your eyes your vision becomes blurry as crystal clear images start to form in your subconscious. You then hear a deep voice which begins to tell a story which you see clearly in your mind, almost as though you are in a dream...

    Since the beginning of time the Ledyba have lived peacefully in the forest, in harmony with Mother Nature and all that is pure. Our leaders descend from the very first Five Star Pokémon, their royal heritage defined by the special colour they posses which is passed down through their bloodline from father to son. The forest was ours to make a home, to breed and thrive in its lush surrounds. The soil our life force, the grass our sustenance, the trees our shelter, the skies our liberty. We've lived and played, sang and danced, existing in peace with our fellow forest friends.

    The happy images of peaceful, playful Ledyba then slowly begin to chance, the image turning darker as the voice in your mind continues to relay the story...

    Then came the day that humankind entered the forest and began to take. First the trees, then the earth, with large metallic beasts baring deadly teeth that tore through our home with a ferocious roar, destroying any and all in their wake. Finally they took the Pokémon, our forest friends, imprisoning them inside tiny spheres where daylight cannot reach. One by one the species died, most fleeing deeper into the forest, but others unable to escape, their numbers now but a few. Until recently the Ledyba have managed to hide, as our kind are of little interest to humankind. But they have found our heirs, our royal line, whose shiny coats caused greed to rise in the hearts of the humans who have stolen them from our midst. Our royal prince and his twin must return to rule the Ledyba for without them we will die...

    With the image fading from your mind you slowly begin to come back to your senses, the strange aroma you'd smelled earlier now less potent as it wafts away on a light breeze passing through the forest. Understanding the Ledyba need their shiny royal heirs back to lead them, and they need your help in order to do so, you're a little overwhelmed as it appears to be quite a task. No matter what it means to you, they are placing their future in your hands and that has to account for something. The little Ledyba who had originally brought you here now approaches you with a hopeful smile, seemingly waiting for you to follow...
    PikaGod started to feel a bit spooked out when he saw the Ledyba start to surround him. He looked at the shiny Ledian leader and was about to ask what was happening. Then the trainer smelt a very strange aroma. PikaGod nearly yelped out in surprise when he realised that his sight was going blurry. Just before he was about to scream out that his vision was going when something appeared in his mind.
    What is happening? thought PikaGod.
    But he did not speak out anything because he wanted to know what had happened. At first he thought that the Ledybas and Ledians had a pretty good life until the humans had taken everything. Soon the images stopped and PikaGod understood what had to be done. He then noticed the first Ledyba that he saw approach him, smiling. PikaGod saw that the small red bug was waiting for him.
    The trainer bit his lip while he thought, Oh boy, these pokemon really want me to help them.
    Taking in a deep breath PikaGod looked at the bug. He wanted to say no but he didn't want to let the Ledyba get hurt in any way.
    "Okay let's go," said PikaGod, motioning for the Ledyba to go.
    Last edited by PeeGee; 1st November 2007 at 8:46 AM.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Replies are dropping off again. So much more could have been done with that last one but you didn't even scrape the surface. Please try putting more thought into them, and provide at least four decent paragraphs in response to this update that still cover the minimum stipulation we've previously discussed.

    Following Ledyba into the forest, about an hour passes before you wonder where on earth the little bug type is taking you. Eventually you notice that the trees are thinning, and that signs of deforestation having taken place are all around. Instead of a thick, flourishing forest, you're now entering an area that has been completely mutilated by mankind. Acres of tree stumps are spread out before you and while you stand looking over the area you notice there aren't any wild Pokémon in sight with the exception of a few flying types flitting from treetop to treetop along the outer edges of the affected area. Ledyba continues to urge you onwards, the message Ledian had been conveying to you earlier crossing through your mind as you wander along behind the little beetle. Another ten minutes pass before you approach what appears to be a rather large campsite. Trucks and logging equipment are scattered around, and at this point in time Ledyba veers off into what is left of the forest and leads you to a vantage point where you are able to overlook the campsite without being seen. While you watch, several trucks heavily laden with logs from the forest are driving out of camp. Most of the tents have already been packed away, with only three remaining, one of which Ledyba is pointing toward rather animatedly. It doesn't take a genius to guess that this is the tent where the Ledyba's two royal heirs are being held. The question now is how you're going to go about rescuing them...

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    NEW RULE


    New members are not officially a part of FB until they've been given the go ahead to leave the Arcane Realm and have replied to the update after their release. This means that your registration can be revoked at any time during this period. In order to remain "active" you will be required to reply to your Arcane Realm update within seven days of it being posted. If you take longer than this to reply we will assume that you are no longer interested in RPing and your registration will be revoked. If you have a legitimate reason for not being able to reply, you will need to contact your updator at least three days before the seven day time restriction is up.

    New members will only be able to post in the Pokémart, Move Tutor, Training Centre, Beauty Salon, Daycare Centre, Adoption Centre, and Cable Club, but CANNOT use any other shops including the Arcade and Casino. In addition, any members who are in the Arcane Realm during FB special events (shops, zones or giveaways), cannot take part in those events unless otherwise stated by the person running it.

    If you're actively taking part in other areas of the forum yet are ignoring your Arcane Realm updates, your registration will be revoked no questions asked.

    If your registration is revoked you will lose all Pokémon and items you have obtained, and will need to reapply to FB when registration opens at a later date if you still wish to take part. However, you must restart with the same Starter Pokémon that you had originally chosen which will be at Lv.5 with no Egg Moves, MT Moves, HM's or TM's - just as it was when you first began.

    This new stipulation begins as of now. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.


    Inactive Arcane Realm Members
    Kyuubii - Last Reply
    The Houndoom - Last Reply

    Membership for the above named members has now been revoked due to inactivity.

    PikaGod - You're on seven days notice as of now.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Replies are dropping off again. So much more could have been done with that last one but you didn't even scrape the surface. Please try putting more thought into them, and provide at least four decent paragraphs in response to this update that still cover the minimum stipulation we've previously discussed.

    Following Ledyba into the forest, about an hour passes before you wonder where on earth the little bug type is taking you. Eventually you notice that the trees are thinning, and that signs of deforestation having taken place are all around. Instead of a thick, flourishing forest, you're now entering an area that has been completely mutilated by mankind. Acres of tree stumps are spread out before you and while you stand looking over the area you notice there aren't any wild Pokémon in sight with the exception of a few flying types flitting from treetop to treetop along the outer edges of the affected area. Ledyba continues to urge you onwards, the message Ledian had been conveying to you earlier crossing through your mind as you wander along behind the little beetle. Another ten minutes pass before you approach what appears to be a rather large campsite. Trucks and logging equipment are scattered around, and at this point in time Ledyba veers off into what is left of the forest and leads you to a vantage point where you are able to overlook the campsite without being seen. While you watch, several trucks heavily laden with logs from the forest are driving out of camp. Most of the tents have already been packed away, with only three remaining, one of which Ledyba is pointing toward rather animatedly. It doesn't take a genius to guess that this is the tent where the Ledyba's two royal heirs are being held. The question now is how you're going to go about rescuing them...
    Where on Earth is this thing taking me? thought PikaGod as he followed the small ladybug in front of him.
    For the past hour PikaGod had been following the Ledyba because he had agreed to help the bug types get their royal heirs back. As the trainer thought about his whereabouts, he noticed that the trees were starting to thin out.
    What the, he thought, I know that there should be more trees around here.
    Soon PikaGod found that heaps of trees were missing, all that remained of them were just stumps. PikaGod stopped to look at the trees when Ledyba urged him to go on. The trainer continued forward until he found himself at a rather large campsite where there seemed to only be three tents. He then noticed Ledyba pointing at one of the three tents, obviously the location of the royal heirs.
    Now how am I going to get to the tents? PikaGod thought to himself, I'll probably need a diversion. Well Nuzzles could probably help, as could Autumn.
    With that thought in his head, PikaGod grabbed two ball on his belt and threw them up into the sky. When the first ball landed and opened its red beam formed into the small form of an unconscious Nuzzles, the other ball's beam formed into a strange plant like bell headed pokemon, a Bellsprout. But this Bellsprout had a brown head with blue lips. BUt before he did anything else, Angus pulled out a Revive and sprayed it onto Nuzzles' little body. Not seeing if the Revive had an effect PikaGod started his orders.
    "Okay Autumn I'll need you to stay with me. I'll need your vines to grab the two captive pokemon because they would probably see me easier. Nuzzles I'll need you to find a way to distract the builders or whatever they are. I think that a Razor Wind would probably do it."
    With that final order PikaGod picked up his shiny Bellsprout and waited to see if his plan would work.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Surprised by the amount of destruction the loggers have caused, you look over their campsite wondering what to do next. Ledyba has already pointed out the tent in which it believes its royal heirs are being held, so it's now up to you to try and get to them without being caught. Releasing your new shiny Bellsprout, Autumn watches curiously while you take a bottle from your pack and spray Nuzzles with a Revive. It only takes a moment for him to begin stirring, and while he starts to recover thanks to the medicine, you relay your plans to Autumn in regards to her role in this rescue mission. Her bulbous little head nods in understanding while Nuzzles rises to his little feet and comes over to stand next to you. Having no idea of what's going on, or who this strange new Flower Pokémon is that you're holding, Nuzzles can only trust that following your instructions won't get him hurt. With his role being to create a diversion, he wanders out into the campsite to look for something suitable to target. Two lumberjacks walk out of one of the tents, but pay no heed to Nuzzles as it's not unusual to see grass types walking around the area. Wandering up to the tent furthest away from the one he knows you want to enter, he flips over onto his head and begins spinning as fast as he can for several seconds before skidding out of his spin and sending a blast of wind at the rope tethering one side of the tent to its supporting peg. Small, sharp, pockets of air from his Razor Wind succeed in making several cuts in the sturdy rope, but not enough to slice it all the way through. Frowning, Nuzzles repeats his attack completely unaware of the fact he's being watched. This time the rope has been frayed enough for just one more attack to do the trick, but just as he begins to make his final assault he finds himself being picked up by the head and looking straight into the gaze of the lumberjack who has caught him and is now examining him with a highly amused expression.

    "Well there little fella, what do you think you're doing there?" he chuckles. "It's only natural you're feeling the need to get a little revenge for us having cut down your home, but it'll grow back in no time. Besides, if you knock down that tent we won't be able to replant all of the saplings that are inside. Would you like to see them, little guy?"

    Not being able to hear what's going on with Nuzzles and the logger who had caught him attacking the tent, you're torn between trying to rescue the Ledyba or your own Pokémon. It appears he's succeeded in causing the distraction you were hoping for, if not exactly in the way you had expected...

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Surprised by the amount of destruction the loggers have caused, you look over their campsite wondering what to do next. Ledyba has already pointed out the tent in which it believes its royal heirs are being held, so it's now up to you to try and get to them without being caught. Releasing your new shiny Bellsprout, Autumn watches curiously while you take a bottle from your pack and spray Nuzzles with a Revive. It only takes a moment for him to begin stirring, and while he starts to recover thanks to the medicine, you relay your plans to Autumn in regards to her role in this rescue mission. Her bulbous little head nods in understanding while Nuzzles rises to his little feet and comes over to stand next to you. Having no idea of what's going on, or who this strange new Flower Pokémon is that you're holding, Nuzzles can only trust that following your instructions won't get him hurt. With his role being to create a diversion, he wanders out into the campsite to look for something suitable to target. Two lumberjacks walk out of one of the tents, but pay no heed to Nuzzles as it's not unusual to see grass types walking around the area. Wandering up to the tent furthest away from the one he knows you want to enter, he flips over onto his head and begins spinning as fast as he can for several seconds before skidding out of his spin and sending a blast of wind at the rope tethering one side of the tent to its supporting peg. Small, sharp, pockets of air from his Razor Wind succeed in making several cuts in the sturdy rope, but not enough to slice it all the way through. Frowning, Nuzzles repeats his attack completely unaware of the fact he's being watched. This time the rope has been frayed enough for just one more attack to do the trick, but just as he begins to make his final assault he finds himself being picked up by the head and looking straight into the gaze of the lumberjack who has caught him and is now examining him with a highly amused expression.

    "Well there little fella, what do you think you're doing there?" he chuckles. "It's only natural you're feeling the need to get a little revenge for us having cut down your home, but it'll grow back in no time. Besides, if you knock down that tent we won't be able to replant all of the saplings that are inside. Would you like to see them, little guy?"

    Not being able to hear what's going on with Nuzzles and the logger who had caught him attacking the tent, you're torn between trying to rescue the Ledyba or your own Pokémon. It appears he's succeeded in causing the distraction you were hoping for, if not exactly in the way you had expected...
    PikaGod clutched Autumn to his chest as he crept towards the tent of the Ledyba heirs. The trainer slowly moved towards the tent when he felt Autumn tap him on his back.
    "What's wrong Autumn?" asked PikaGod.
    The shiny Bellsprout pointed towards the direction that Nuzzles had went. PikaGod looked towards where Autumn was pointing and gasped in shock.
    "Oh no, he has Nuzzles!" he murmured in shock.
    PikaGod had just seen the lumberjack that was holding Nuzzles. He stopped and rubbed the back of his neck, he was thinking about what he was going to do. He could either leave Nuzzles to the lumberjack and rescue the Ledybas, or he could forget about them and rescue Nuzzles.
    What can I do? PikaGod thought to himself before he knew what he had to do.
    PikaGod put Autumn down on the ground and gave some new orders.
    "Okay Autumn, I need you to go to the tent by yourself and get those princes. I really need you to do that while I try and rescue Nuzzles," siad the trainer, hoping that Autumn was able to achieve her goal.
    "Now to go get Nuzzles!" he triumphantly said before he ran off towards the lumberjack, having no idea what the lumberjack had said to Nuzzles.


    Enchantress I was wondering if you could evolve Nuzzles in one of my updates, because he has been the right level for a couple of months now. I am also ready to rewrite my reply if you think it isn't good enough.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Making your way over to the tent holding the royal Ledyba heirs, Autumn's gentle tapping distracts you from your mission. Turning your gaze in the direction she is indicating, you gasp in shock upon finding that Nuzzles has been caught by one of the loggers. Torn between continuing on with your mission or rescuing your teammate, you figure there's no reason you can't do both. Seeing as Autumn already knows what she has to do, you leave her to deal with the rescue of the Ledyba while you dash across the clearing and straight toward the logger and Nuzzles. Just as you're about to shout out, you witness something amazing as Nuzzles suddenly stops struggling in the man's grasp and begins to glow a bright, radiating white. The unexpected event startles the lumberjack, causing him to drop Nuzzles on the ground where the light surrounding your little Acorn Pokémon begins to expand, stretching upward to roughly three times Nuzzles' height before dissipating and leaving you staring dumbfounded at the taller Wily Pokémon standing in his place.

    Feeling immensely proud of Nuzzles for accomplishing his evolution, you think back on the days events, and how hard he had fought against Starly even though he was at a distinct type disadvantage with an extremely limited moveset to work with. His fighting spirit has seen him through, his new form now much stronger especially with the added Dark element that comes with Nuzleaf's type. The lumberjack is also amazed by Nuzzles' evolution, a broad grin spreading across his face after witnessing it close up.

    "You are a feisty little guy, aren't you?" he asks, chuckling merrily. "I hope you're not planning on kicking my butt now that you're able to, because I'd like to be your friend if you'll let me."

    It is then that he notices your presence, an expression of concern appearing on his face.

    "Hey kid, what are you doing all the way out here?" he asks, looking around to see if anyone is with you. "You're not alone are you, because it can get pretty dangerous in the forest, especially at night..."



    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Enchantress I was wondering if you could evolve Nuzzles in one of my updates, because he has been the right level for a couple of months now. I am also ready to rewrite my reply if you think it isn't good enough.
    Have you been waiting for me to evolve him? While I can do that if specifically asked to, it's not actually my responsibility to evolve a Pokémon. You evolve him yourself when he reaches the appropriate level by RPing his evolution into your reply somehow or by posting in a shop. Daycare if he's staying there, the Bank if you're candying up, it really depends on how he reaches the level. I've done it for you, a little strangely I admit considering he didn't come out of a battle or anything, but just keep this in mind for future reference.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Faith stretched in the gentle summer breeze. She licked her lips, ready for adventure. Her impulsive attitude had taken her right to the Ancient Tomb. Her heart was thumping under her layered top, but she was not ready to admit she was scared. It was going to be the first chapter in her long Pokemon adventure. She fiddled with the Pokeball on her belt; her first Pokemon: Chatterbox the Chatot. It hadn't been more than a week since her birthday: the day she had recieved Chatterbox. Since then, she had been itching to start her adventure: and now was the time.
    "This is it, Chatterbox," she said, under her breath, "It's time to start out journey!"


    (My Regestration Post: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...9&postcount=27)
    Last edited by futuramagirl; 14th January 2008 at 8:54 AM.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    652

    Thumbs up The Adventure Begins...

    So... this is the Arcane realm..." Drifter grinned. The scars on his face that hid under his mask began to prickle as he lit up with excitement. "Its been so long since we left the academy, its about time we had a little adventure." Despite being alone, Drifter was actually talking to Blitz, the Heracross, with whom he had escaped the academy. The Pokemon looked at the region ahead of them with starry eyes through his semi-transparent Pokeball.

    Drifter gave a deep sigh of relief, then started towards the area that he had been planning on:The Ocean of Mystery. "If we want a well-balanced team, we'll need a water Pokemon first" he had said. The masked trainer walked on, ready for the challenge at sea....


    OOC: Here's my Proof of Registration: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...=273112&page=2

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Chatterbox perched happily on your shoulder, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps are your only company as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of light ahead. Emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. In one corner is an old urn, while a line of clay statues stand silently against the far wall. Carvings on the walls depict scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshiped kings and paid homage to Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but what has caught your attention is a single inscription on the wall to your right which reads:

    Air is as sacred as the Gods
    You must inhale against all odds,
    For if your lungs fill up with sand
    You'll not discover our secret land.
    Don't fret when you think all is lost
    Or your life will be the ultimate cost,
    So take a breath and calm your mind
    To see more clearly than the blind.
    For clues are hidden all around
    Patiently waiting to be found,
    Your saviour is not far away
    And will lead you to the light of day.

    Wondering what it could possibly mean, you hear a small clicking sound, much like that of a spring mechanism clicking into place, and feel one of the sandstone bricks underneath your foot sink slightly. Stepping back, you quickly realize you've triggered some kind of trap, and it doesn't take long to figure out you're in very deep trouble. A hidden doorway slams down behind you, blocking off the corridor from where you'd just entered, and effectively obstructing what appears to be your only exit. If that were the only problem it may not be so bad, but a moment later you notice sand falling from a hole in the ceiling, the subsequent train of thoughts flicking through your mind terrifying in the extreme. If you don't find a way out of here fast, you're going to end up buried beneath tons of sands which is pouring steadily into the chamber...



    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Rather eager to be setting out on your first adventure, you release your Heracross, Blitz, to accompany you on this warm, summer morning. It isn't long before you arrive on the shore of a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach, and find yourselves look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom. Though it's a perfect day for sunbaking, there are few people around, leaving you practically alone on which isn't an entirely bad thing. Walking slowly along the coastline which seems to stretch for at least six miles, you wonder if there may be a boat hire shack somewhere along here when you're startled by the sound of a high pitched, agonised "Squuaaaaaaaaaaaawk!". Immediately turning your gaze in the direction from which the sound had come you notice a Wingull on the surface of the water perhaps six or seven metres offshore, flapping its wings wildly and screeching up a storm, its cries becoming more and more distressed by the moment. Something appears to be holding onto its leg, stopping it from flying away to safety, but what that thing could be is anyone's guess...

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Chatterbox perched happily on your shoulder, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps are your only company as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of light ahead. Emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. In one corner is an old urn, while a line of clay statues stand silently against the far wall. Carvings on the walls depict scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshiped kings and paid homage to Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but what has caught your attention is a single inscription on the wall to your right which reads:

    Air is as sacred as the Gods
    You must inhale against all odds,
    For if your lungs fill up with sand
    You'll not discover our secret land.
    Don't fret when you think all is lost
    Or your life will be the ultimate cost,
    So take a breath and calm your mind
    To see more clearly than the blind.
    For clues are hidden all around
    Patiently waiting to be found,
    Your saviour is not far away
    And will lead you to the light of day.

    Wondering what it could possibly mean, you hear a small clicking sound, much like that of a spring mechanism clicking into place, and feel one of the sandstone bricks underneath your foot sink slightly. Stepping back, you quickly realize you've triggered some kind of trap, and it doesn't take long to figure out you're in very deep trouble. A hidden doorway slams down behind you, blocking off the corridor from where you'd just entered, and effectively obstructing what appears to be your only exit. If that were the only problem it may not be so bad, but a moment later you notice sand falling from a hole in the ceiling, the subsequent train of thoughts flicking through your mind terrifying in the extreme. If you don't find a way out of here fast, you're going to end up buried beneath tons of sands which is pouring steadily into the chamber...
    Faith flinched, as she heard a slam. She spun round, only to see that the door had shut. By itself. She shivered, although it was not cold. It was dark; not pitch-black, but it was still very difficult to make out much. Her gaze travelled to the floor. Sand was pouring steadily into the cramped room. Faith shrieked.
    I only started my journey twenty minuetes ago, and already I'm facing death.
    Chatterbox squarked, making Faith jump.
    "I forgot about you." she told the Chatot, pearched on her shoulder.
    Chatterbox squarked again. Faith looked up. All she could see was black.
    "There might be something up there..." she murmered.
    Chatterbox squaked again, bringing Faith back to her senses. Chatterbox obviously knew what she was thinking: She could have Chatterbox to fly her up to the top, but A: The small Chatot wouldn't be able to carry her weight, B: There was no telling how far up it was and C: There was probably nothing up there anyway.
    Then Faith remembered. The riddle! She turned to the wall. The riddle was still readable - the sand was only up to her knees. She re-read the riddle.

    Air is as sacred as the Gods
    You must inhale against all odds,
    For if your lungs fill up with sand
    You'll not discover our secret land.
    Don't fret when you think all is lost
    Or your life will be the ultimate cost,
    So take a breath and calm your mind
    To see more clearly than the blind.
    For clues are hidden all around
    Patiently waiting to be found,
    Your saviour is not far away
    And will lead you to the light of day.

    Inhale? How could that possibly save her? Faith frowned. She doubted that would be the answer, but nonetheless, it was her only clue.
    "Okay, Chatterbox, when I count to three, breathe deeply and hold your breath." She told Chatterbox, who was still perched on her shoulder.
    Chatterbox turned her head on one side.
    "Just do it!" Faith cried in desperation. "Okay, one two three!"
    Faith squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath and held it...

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    652

    Thumbs up ZOMG! Wingull's in danger!

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Rather eager to be setting out on your first adventure, you release your Heracross, Blitz, to accompany you on this warm, summer morning. It isn't long before you arrive on the shore of a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach, and find yourselves look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom. Though it's a perfect day for sunbaking, there are few people around, leaving you practically alone on which isn't an entirely bad thing. Walking slowly along the coastline which seems to stretch for at least six miles, you wonder if there may be a boat hire shack somewhere along here when you're startled by the sound of a high pitched, agonised "Squuaaaaaaaaaaaawk!". Immediately turning your gaze in the direction from which the sound had come you notice a Wingull on the surface of the water perhaps six or seven metres offshore, flapping its wings wildly and screeching up a storm, its cries becoming more and more distressed by the moment. Something appears to be holding onto its leg, stopping it from flying away to safety, but what that thing could be is anyone's guess...
    Blitz seemed to be enjoying the sunshine as much as its trainer did, and made the most of its free time by attacking every piece of driftwood in the area. Drifter almost laughed at how strange his Pokemon was. According to the Pokedex he had recieved, Heracross were usually quite peaceful, but his was very agressive. About to try and get it to stop so they could find a boat shack, he froze as a scream of terror tore through the air. Up in the sky, a Wingull, who was the source of the scream began to flail wildly, becoming more and more distressed by the moment. Drifter's eyes opened wide, and he turned to his beetle Pokemon. Blitz had already taken off to the skies after Wingull, but Drifter had seen in his eyes that he only wanted to stop the annoying sound that had interuppted his thus far enjoyable day. "Blitz!" he yelled "Don't harm the Wingull! I think something is attacking it, so just try to bring it here!" The Heracross, muttered, but continued on his flight path. Drifter hoped he would be careful, because if those flailing wings were Wing Attacks, Blitz would be hurt in a quadruple damage situation....
    Last edited by The Black Glove; 15th January 2008 at 7:46 PM.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: Reacting in the only way that seems natural when faced with ultimate death, you do what any normal person would do - scream! The resulting echo reverberating throughout the small chamber results in Chatterbox also squawking shrilly, perhaps matching your own feelings of sheer terror or perhaps just reminding you that she's stuck in here too. Whatever the case, her cry has snapped you out of your initial state of alarm and makes you realize that you need to act fast. Several scenarios flash through your mind but none really seem plausible at the moment, so you return your attention to the riddle taking the time to re-read it considering it appears to be your only real clue. Though you're a little confused as to how breathing can be useful except for in the obvious sense of keeping you alive, you also realize that breathing under these circumstances will surely kill you when there will eventually be nothing left but sand to inhale. Chatterbox is just as confused as you, but nonetheless does what she's told when instructed to take a deep breath and hold it.

    You both act in the same moment, Chatterbox's colourful little chest puffing out as she breathes in, shutting her eyes and hoping for the best. When your own eyes close and you're plunged into complete darkness, the resulting feeling of claustrophobia does nothing at all to help you. With your eyes squeezed so tightly shut that not even the flickering of the torchlight can be seen behind your eyelids, you're left with only your thoughts to keep you company. At first complete despair takes hold of you, as you cannot imagine how standing here holding your breath is going to save you, but after several seconds tick by you begin to relax your eyes. Now that they aren't squeezed so tightly, you begin to make out shadows which appear to be flickering in the chamber around you, but the scariest part is that the shadowy figures seem to be those of people surrounding you. They each appear to be motioning in different ways, but the one that is standing out the most at the moment is the one on the far end which appears to be pointing at something in the corner. Opening your eyes you find yourself looking at the line of statues on the far wall. When looking straight at them, they don't appear to be doing anything, but when shutting your eyes again the flickering torchlight filling the room makes the one on the far end appear to be pointing. Opening your eyes once more, you look at the corner it is pointing to and see an urn you'd previously paid no attention to standing silently in the corner, the sand almost reaching its rim...



    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Beside you Blitz is staring curiously at the Wingull struggling in the water, also wondering why it is behaving so frantically while trying to determine the source of its distress. The only thing that seems certain at the moment is that something beneath the water has a hold of it which is why it's unable to fly away to safety. After instructing Blitz to go out and help the flailing water bird, he eyes you evilly, his expression clearly indicating that he's far from impressed with your plan. Not one to argue the point however, Blitz shoots you a final "You owe me for this" look before walking into the water and wading slowly out toward Wingull who has by now begun screeching so badly that you could swear it is being mutilated. Its pained cries have also attracted the attention of several people walking along the bicycle path at the top end of the beach, and while they stop to watch the events unfolding on the water you can only hope that you're not getting Blitz into more trouble than you'd bargained for. A moment later, with Blitz less than a metre away from Wingull, you notice a sudden change as the bird releases one final pained cry and manages to break free of the surface of the water. Unfortunately Wingull appears to be quite badly injured to the point it is finding flying too difficult, and instead half flaps, half drags, itself across the water and onto the sand where it drops and lays in a shattered heap, its breathing ragged while a pool of blood forms around its feet and begins soaking into the white sand. That's not the only problem though, for a second later you hear a startled cry and look out to find Blitz being dragged underwater...

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    652

    Exclamation Who's that Pokemon?

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Beside you Blitz is staring curiously at the Wingull struggling in the water, also wondering why it is behaving so frantically while trying to determine the source of its distress. The only thing that seems certain at the moment is that something beneath the water has a hold of it which is why it's unable to fly away to safety. After instructing Blitz to go out and help the flailing water bird, he eyes you evilly, his expression clearly indicating that he's far from impressed with your plan. Not one to argue the point however, Blitz shoots you a final "You owe me for this" look before walking into the water and wading slowly out toward Wingull who has by now begun screeching so badly that you could swear it is being mutilated. Its pained cries have also attracted the attention of several people walking along the bicycle path at the top end of the beach, and while they stop to watch the events unfolding on the water you can only hope that you're not getting Blitz into more trouble than you'd bargained for. A moment later, with Blitz less than a metre away from Wingull, you notice a sudden change as the bird releases one final pained cry and manages to break free of the surface of the water. Unfortunately Wingull appears to be quite badly injured to the point it is finding flying too difficult, and instead half flaps, half drags, itself across the water and onto the sand where it drops and lays in a shattered heap, its breathing ragged while a pool of blood forms around its feet and begins soaking into the white sand. That's not the only problem though, for a second later you hear a startled cry and look out to find Blitz being dragged underwater...
    "Oh geez..." Drifter thought, "this is turning out worse than expected". Quickly, he analyzed the situation. Blitz had taken the place of the injured water fowl in being dragged under the water. Said water fowl was lying unconsious, bleeding on the beach. He had very little to work with. "Blitz, try to fly up and reveal what's in the water. Use a Night Slash or two to try and weaken it." He then turned his attention to the crowd "Don't just stand there!" He shouted in a distressed voice "Please, someone help me out! Maybe some directions to the Pokemon Center if anything! I'm going to need it!" Drifter fished out his one extra pokeball, a Lure Ball he had recieved from his starting trainer pack, and prepared to use it on either the Wingull, or whatever was dragging his beloved Heracross under. Depending on whether or not they could knock it out that mystery Pokemon or not that is. With his other hand, he drew out his Pokedex. Surely it could scan this mystery creature and tell him how he might try to stop it...

    OOC: Just wondering, since Blitz does have wings that he can fly with, would that mean he has access to the HM move Fly, or does that only count for those who learn the moves in the games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: Reacting in the only way that seems natural when faced with ultimate death, you do what any normal person would do - scream! The resulting echo reverberating throughout the small chamber results in Chatterbox also squawking shrilly, perhaps matching your own feelings of sheer terror or perhaps just reminding you that she's stuck in here too. Whatever the case, her cry has snapped you out of your initial state of alarm and makes you realize that you need to act fast. Several scenarios flash through your mind but none really seem plausible at the moment, so you return your attention to the riddle taking the time to re-read it considering it appears to be your only real clue. Though you're a little confused as to how breathing can be useful except for in the obvious sense of keeping you alive, you also realize that breathing under these circumstances will surely kill you when there will eventually be nothing left but sand to inhale. Chatterbox is just as confused as you, but nonetheless does what she's told when instructed to take a deep breath and hold it.

    You both act in the same moment, Chatterbox's colourful little chest puffing out as she breathes in, shutting her eyes and hoping for the best. When your own eyes close and you're plunged into complete darkness, the resulting feeling of claustrophobia does nothing at all to help you. With your eyes squeezed so tightly shut that not even the flickering of the torchlight can be seen behind your eyelids, you're left with only your thoughts to keep you company. At first complete despair takes hold of you, as you cannot imagine how standing here holding your breath is going to save you, but after several seconds tick by you begin to relax your eyes. Now that they aren't squeezed so tightly, you begin to make out shadows which appear to be flickering in the chamber around you, but the scariest part is that the shadowy figures seem to be those of people surrounding you. They each appear to be motioning in different ways, but the one that is standing out the most at the moment is the one on the far end which appears to be pointing at something in the corner. Opening your eyes you find yourself looking at the line of statues on the far wall. When looking straight at them, they don't appear to be doing anything, but when shutting your eyes again the flickering torchlight filling the room makes the one on the far end appear to be pointing. Opening your eyes once more, you look at the corner it is pointing to and see an urn you'd previously paid no attention to standing silently in the corner, the sand almost reaching its rim...

    Faith stood, her eyes shut tight and her breath held. She felt that she had been standing like that for hours, though in reality it had actually only been a few, mere seconds. After a while, her eyes relaxed and she began to see shapes behind her eyelids. They seemed to be... people? They were all pointing in different directions, though one in particular caught Faith's attention. He was pointing at the corner. Faith opened her eyes, though she was aware that whatever the person was pointing to may not be there when she had her eyes open. However, she was pleasantly surprised to see an ancient urn in the corner of the room. Faith gasped as she relised how high the sand was. Chatterbox, who had obviously given up on holding her breath, was hovering about a foot above the rising sand, as Faith's shoulder had dissapeared from view. Grunting with the effort, she lifted her arm out from under the sand, and managed to rescue the urn from sinking. She managed to lift out her other arm.

    "What's in here?" She wondered, out loud as she explored the urn with her arm...

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wonderful World of Mozz
    Posts
    1,830

    Post

    Tyrant wanders into The Desert of Illusion, hopefully to seek the legend of the hidden villages. "Wow, this place is HUGE!" Tyrant starts walking north, or at least what he thinks it is. "Come on out, Pyro. I need some company." Tyrant releases his trusted starter, Pyro the Charmander. Pyro starts running around, free of the Pokeball and glad to be outside. They continue walking, with Tyrant's heart pounding with excitment and Pyro's excited expression. "Get ready for our first major adventure, Pyro!" Tyrant talks to him with such excitement. Pyro looks up at him, replies with a roar, and continues to move up the path of which they chose, following his faithful companion...

    Registration Post
    Last edited by Tyranidos; 20th January 2008 at 10:34 PM.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    My sincerest apologies for the delay. Registration Tests are taking a lot longer to get through than first anticipated. If I don't update after work tomorrow you're free to flay me with your most lethal electrically charged, fiery whips.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Making your way over to the tent holding the royal Ledyba heirs, Autumn's gentle tapping distracts you from your mission. Turning your gaze in the direction she is indicating, you gasp in shock upon finding that Nuzzles has been caught by one of the loggers. Torn between continuing on with your mission or rescuing your teammate, you figure there's no reason you can't do both. Seeing as Autumn already knows what she has to do, you leave her to deal with the rescue of the Ledyba while you dash across the clearing and straight toward the logger and Nuzzles. Just as you're about to shout out, you witness something amazing as Nuzzles suddenly stops struggling in the man's grasp and begins to glow a bright, radiating white. The unexpected event startles the lumberjack, causing him to drop Nuzzles on the ground where the light surrounding your little Acorn Pokémon begins to expand, stretching upward to roughly three times Nuzzles' height before dissipating and leaving you staring dumbfounded at the taller Wily Pokémon standing in his place.

    Feeling immensely proud of Nuzzles for accomplishing his evolution, you think back on the days events, and how hard he had fought against Starly even though he was at a distinct type disadvantage with an extremely limited moveset to work with. His fighting spirit has seen him through, his new form now much stronger especially with the added Dark element that comes with Nuzleaf's type. The lumberjack is also amazed by Nuzzles' evolution, a broad grin spreading across his face after witnessing it close up.

    "You are a feisty little guy, aren't you?" he asks, chuckling merrily. "I hope you're not planning on kicking my butt now that you're able to, because I'd like to be your friend if you'll let me."

    It is then that he notices your presence, an expression of concern appearing on his face.

    "Hey kid, what are you doing all the way out here?" he asks, looking around to see if anyone is with you. "You're not alone are you, because it can get pretty dangerous in the forest, especially at night..."
    As PikaGod ran towards the lumberjack and Nuzzles he was nearly blinded by a white light. When the light dimmed down PikaGod saw that his acorn pokemon had been replaced by a humanoid Wily pokemon.
    Oh my God! thought the trainer, Nuzzles evolved!
    When PikaGod got to his pokemon he heard the lumberjack asking to be friends with Nuzzles. PikaGod looked at Nuzzles after the lumberjack had asked and was astonished to see that his pokemon didn't seem to mind the offer. It was then that the lumberjack looked at PikaGod and told him about things being dangerous.
    What on earth is he talking about? thought PikaGod when the man finished his sentence.
    That man must clearly be pulling my leg the trainer continued in his mind. But if he is telling the truth.
    "On no!" exclaimed the trainer suddenly. "Nuzzles we need to get to the tents and make sure that Autumn is okay!"
    The trainer grabbed Nuzzles and threw out out of other pokeballs.
    "Go Mozart!"
    The pokeball smashed down onto the ground and a pokemon was released from it. The pokemon was a big bug with a big mustache.
    "Okay Mozart come with me and I'll tell you what we to do when we get to the tents," PikaGod ordered to his Kricketune.
    With that the trainer and his two pokemon started to run before PikaGod realized what he had said.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Tyranidos, you have another updator who should be posting on the weekend.


    PikaGod: You need to start making a genuine effort regarding the use of decent sized paragraphs. If you're having trouble PM me and we can go over it together. Can you please rewrite this reply? Don't edit, just repost when you're ready. I don't mind helping via PM, in fact I'm more than willing to, but if you continue to write one and two liners your replies aren't going to improve.



    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: I'll let it slide this time since I didn't mention anything about the size of the urn in comparison to anything else, but it's only roughly knee high to you. The sand is nowhere near your waist yet, let alone covering your entire torso, so unless otherwise stated you're in no mortal danger at this point in time. Like I said, it's my fault for not making it clearer, but please keep in mind that if I haven't specifically mentioned how much sand has filled the chamber, you shouldn't assume it's already reached a dangerous level. Otherwise, you're doing well ^-~

    Seeing as the "Shadow People", for lack of a better description, appear to be pointing you in the direction of the urn, you waste no time in rushing to the corner of the chamber and dipping your arm in, hoping to find something that will help you to escape this room. At first you feel nothing resulting in a sense of despair creeping in, but a moment later you feel something and grab a hold of it. Pulling out an old piece of parchment, you look at it quizzically, wondering how on earth it's going to help you escape this death trap. Frustrated that it's not something more useful, you figure it may be yet another clue and so quickly scan the faded words on the page.

    Close your eyes and calm your mind
    And the answers you will find,
    Join in the spectral shadow dance
    For the maiden is your only chance.

    Looking back at the statues sitting silently against the wall, your curiosity is now well and truly aroused. When you'd shut your eyes earlier you could have sworn the flickering torchlight behind your eyelids had brought these statues to life, and now standing here you can see that one of the statues appears to be that of a teenage girl. Scanning the last lines of the parchment again, you try to make sense of it.

    Join in the spectral shadow dance, for the maiden is your only chance...



    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: If it isn't listed as an HM that he can learn, then it's not technically classed as one. In this case, he can't fly in the typical sense of the term, but I do see where you're coming from and am willing to compromise to a point. It's not learnable in the Training Centre though.

    Finding yourself in quite the predicament with an injured water bird bleeding out on the sand at your feet, and your own Pokémon being dragged underwater to possibly suffer the same fate as Wingull, you're beside yourself wondering what to do. After calling out to the onlookers for help, you don't even bother to wait and see if any have reacted before turning your attention back to the water and yelling out attack orders to Blitz in the vain hope that he just might hear you. The water is churning wildly, giving you the exact location of the struggle taking place, so while you can't see what is happening or even what has a hold of your teammate, you can tell Blitz is putting up quite a fight. A moment later you watch while a red and blue fish is thrown out of the water before it arcs back down and plops back into the ocean. The brief glimpse of razor sharp teeth has your stomach tied in knots, and while you're fairly certain you recognise the creature, the dull monotone of your Pokédex program begins its analysis.

    "Carvanha, the Savage Pokémon," it drones. "If anything invades Carvanha's territory, it will swarm and tear at the intruder with its pointed fangs. Carvanha's strongly developed jaws and its sharply pointed fangs pack the destructive power to rip out boat hulls. Many boats have been attacked and sunk by this Pokémon."

    Now that you have a better idea of what Blitz is up against, it doesn't take long to realize that he's in serious trouble if he doesn't get back on land soon. It appears Blitz is already thinking along the same lines as you however, as in the next instance you see him burst from the water and flying in toward land as quickly as possible. Carvanha is hot on his heels, the little piranha's jaws gnashing wildly while it follows him, streaking through the water and toward the sand where you are standing. Blitz has obviously taken some damage from the underwater struggle though, and is flying too close to the water allowing Carvanha to leap up and grab him, dragging Blitz back into the water. Luckily they're now closer to land where the water is more shallow, so Blitz isn't pulled under this time. A second later you see his claw charging with dark energy before he slashes at the feisty little fish, flinging it closer to the sand...

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: I'll let it slide this time since I didn't mention anything about the size of the urn in comparison to anything else, but it's only roughly knee high to you. The sand is nowhere near your waist yet, let alone covering your entire torso, so unless otherwise stated you're in no mortal danger at this point in time. Like I said, it's my fault for not making it clearer, but please keep in mind that if I haven't specifically mentioned how much sand has filled the chamber, you shouldn't assume it's already reached a dangerous level. Otherwise, you're doing well ^-~

    Seeing as the "Shadow People", for lack of a better description, appear to be pointing you in the direction of the urn, you waste no time in rushing to the corner of the chamber and dipping your arm in, hoping to find something that will help you to escape this room. At first you feel nothing resulting in a sense of despair creeping in, but a moment later you feel something and grab a hold of it. Pulling out an old piece of parchment, you look at it quizzically, wondering how on earth it's going to help you escape this death trap. Frustrated that it's not something more useful, you figure it may be yet another clue and so quickly scan the faded words on the page.

    Close your eyes and calm your mind
    And the answers you will find,
    Join in the spectral shadow dance
    For the maiden is your only chance.

    Looking back at the statues sitting silently against the wall, your curiosity is now well and truly aroused. When you'd shut your eyes earlier you could have sworn the flickering torchlight behind your eyelids had brought these statues to life, and now standing here you can see that one of the statues appears to be that of a teenage girl. Scanning the last lines of the parchment again, you try to make sense of it.

    Join in the spectral shadow dance, for the maiden is your only chance...


    And I was looking forward to free to flay you with my most lethal electrically charged, fiery whip. Oh well.

    Faith felt something in the urn. Her heart pounding, she pulled out a parchment.

    Couldn't it have been a key or something? she thought, feeling somewhat dissapointed.

    Sighing, she decided to actually read what was on the parchment.

    Close your eyes and calm your mind
    And the answers you will find,
    Join in the spectral shadow dance
    For the maiden is your only chance.

    She re-read it a few times. She frowned. She wasn't into dancing at all. In fact, she hated it. Being silent for so long disturbed Chatterbox a bit, and she became a little restless. The Chatot gave a little grunt.

    "Be quiet," Faith breathed, although she herself didn't know why she was whispering, or indeed why she wanted Chatterbox to be quiet.
    She looked back at the statues. One particular one caught her eye. It was a teenage girl. On closer inspection, she could see that it looked quite a bit like her. Reading the parchment once more, she closed her eyes. Her breathing became deeper.

    I know it has something to do with that girl. Maybe if I copy her movement, I will find the answer...

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    652

    Thumbs up It's Carvanha!

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove:
    Finding yourself in quite the predicament with an injured water bird bleeding out on the sand at your feet, and your own Pokémon being dragged underwater to possibly suffer the same fate as Wingull, you're beside yourself wondering what to do. After calling out to the onlookers for help, you don't even bother to wait and see if any have reacted before turning your attention back to the water and yelling out attack orders to Blitz in the vain hope that he just might hear you. The water is churning wildly, giving you the exact location of the struggle taking place, so while you can't see what is happening or even what has a hold of your teammate, you can tell Blitz is putting up quite a fight. A moment later you watch while a red and blue fish is thrown out of the water before it arcs back down and plops back into the ocean. The brief glimpse of razor sharp teeth has your stomach tied in knots, and while you're fairly certain you recognise the creature, the dull monotone of your Pokédex program begins its analysis.

    "Carvanha, the Savage Pokémon," it drones. "If anything invades Carvanha's territory, it will swarm and tear at the intruder with its pointed fangs. Carvanha's strongly developed jaws and its sharply pointed fangs pack the destructive power to rip out boat hulls. Many boats have been attacked and sunk by this Pokémon."

    Now that you have a better idea of what Blitz is up against, it doesn't take long to realize that he's in serious trouble if he doesn't get back on land soon. It appears Blitz is already thinking along the same lines as you however, as in the next instance you see him burst from the water and flying in toward land as quickly as possible. Carvanha is hot on his heels, the little piranha's jaws gnashing wildly while it follows him, streaking through the water and toward the sand where you are standing. Blitz has obviously taken some damage from the underwater struggle though, and is flying too close to the water allowing Carvanha to leap up and grab him, dragging Blitz back into the water. Luckily they're now closer to land where the water is more shallow, so Blitz isn't pulled under this time. A second later you see his claw charging with dark energy before he slashes at the feisty little fish, flinging it closer to the sand...
    OOC: I would never dream of using an electricaly charged firey whip on you. That would be inhumane! This *grunt* giant mallet *groans* will do just fine. *mallet hits the gound with an earth-shaking thud*

    "Carvanha, huh?" Drifter thought, watching as the red-and-blue pokemon dove back into the water. "That puts us at a huge disadvantage, because of that Rough Skin..." Drifter thought intensely, planning his next move. He quickly went over his Pokemon's moves in his head. "Night Slash is out. Dark Types can resist it too easily. Tackle, Leer, and Endure won't be much help either... that leaves one move... but how to use it..." That's when Blitz threw its Night Slash at Carvanha, flinging it closer to the sand.... "That's it!" he thought "I just hope Heracross don't have any feeling in their horns; Blitz!" He called out over the noise of the battle "Try to use a barrage of Horn Attacks to throw it on the land! It can't move there!" In the mean time, Drifter lowered himself to his knees to have a look at the Wingull. The bleeding wasn't slowing any, and he didn't know how long the little bird could hold on. Putting his Pokedex away, Drifter moved his other hand slowly towards the bird. The hand he had the Lure ball in. "I don't know if this will work, but I hope I can at least carry it to a Pokemon Center without the bleeding if it does." With a slight feeling of pity for the creature, he pressed the aquatic Pokeball against the unconsious Pokemon...
    Last edited by The Black Glove; 24th January 2008 at 3:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
    "Helen, sit."

    The Houndour wagged her tail.

    This training wasn't going well, and J. was getting agitated. The pair had been taking their hike at a leisurely pace, with J. attempting to turn Helen into a synchronised-swimming dolphin at every interval. Helen did not take kindly to such activities. Tempers were fraying in both parties, each as stubborn as the other.

    As the two wandered further into the steadily thickening trees (with J. trying to teach the Houndour how to climb), their communication problems began to dissipate and J. gradually stopped muttering. The forest was silent. There was a stillness in the air. The pair halted in their tracks, and stood for a moment to appreciate the peace.

    J. smiled at the former family pet. "Come on. Let me show you how to live."


    OOC: Here's a link to my Registration Post.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Tyranidos and j_hunter, welcome to FB! I'll be your updater in the Arcane Realm. I hope you've read the rules on the first post, as the faster you can follow them, the faster you'll get out of here. Now, updates!

    Tyranidos (please reply in Dark Orange)

    Wandering through the Desert of Illusion, you release your faithful Pyro to walk at your side on this heated adventure. The small Charmander seemed to be enjoying the warm temperatures and dried environment, although you didn’t exactly share his tastes. The sun glowing brightly, not a cloud in sight, you assume there were at least 50 degrees Celsius, as sweat drops run down your forehead. Pyro looks at you, both curious and worried, and pats you lighting on the leg, as in asking if you were okay. Your vision started to get blurry, your strengths being sapped away by the tremendously high temperatures. “Char?” you hear the red lizard shout, although you didn’t have enough strength to reply. You eventually give up, as there was no one in sight, or a village nearby. Closing your eyes, you fall to your knees, succumbing to Hell’s pleasure, fainting…

    “Wake up!”

    You fell some gentle nudges on your right arm. There were voices echoing loudly in your mind, although that one silenced them. “Wake up!” the same person repeats. You open your eyes a little bit, but they immediately close themselves, being blinded by the lighting. Nevertheless, someone noticed your small action, and a second voice said “He woke up! Thank God!”.

    The nudges stop, as the first voice replies “You’re okay now. You really shouldn’t walk through the desert without a hat, at least.” As your eyes adjust to the lighting, you notice a woman, probably in her early 20s, smiling at you. “Your friend here thought he had lost you.” She says, picking up the Charmander and putting him above the bed you were sleeping on, before letting him run (well, in this case, fall) into your arms. You manage to sit on the small bed, although your body was painfully punishing you for not taking a hat. “Don’t worry, those will stop, eventually. Luckily we found you lying on the desert, and quickly brought you to our village so that you could be medicated. Seriously, 50 degrees isn’t exactly easy to cope with. But thank God, your fever was treated, and you’re safe now.”

    Her gentle voice was all your brain could process at the moment, as you try to move your arms and legs. You were in a small brick hut, not more than 10 squared meter, the warm decorative colors reminding you of your quick trip. There was also a man looking through a medium-sized window, although it was too bright for you to see what lied outside. The hut was lightly decorated: there was a small tea table in the middle (three hats on top of it), a small portrait of someone who looked extremely old and silly-minded, and a small vase with red vivid roses on the corner. The door sat alongside the window, the golden spherical knob inviting you for a walk. “Ah, I see you can sit.” He said, as you recognize him as the “second voice”. “As Stacey here as said, please, do take a hat with you if you ever plan to come back. I’m Smith, and let me welcome you to our small village.”

    There were some parts of their dialogue that were confusion. “Who are you? Is this one of the villages?” you slowly ask, gathering your strengths.

    “Smith, you really like to tease newcomers, don’t you?” she says, as Smith laughs for two seconds before replying. “Indeed I do, Stacey; indeed I do. Anyway, no you’re not on one of those mysterious villages. In fact, we’re archaeologists, and you’re in our small research camp. Stacey here was travelling through the desert in order to reach a small research area, and found you. You were lucky; you might have died.”

    “But let’s forget about that.” She quickly says, trying to calm you gently. “Past is past, we live in the present and should only worry about the future, that’s what my granny said. But seriously now, hats, okay?” You slowly nod, acknowledging understanding of their words.

    “Good!” Smith says. “Now, if you don’t mind, let’s get out of here. These cold huts give me the chills.” As they grab their hats, Stacey handles you another one. “You’ll like it.” She says, the almost sombrero-sized hat now sitting on your head. Smith quickly opens the door, the sun blinding you instantly. “Pull down your hat, that will help.” He says, as he twitches the object as to not be blinded by the light. You copy his movements, and are astonished by what you were seeing: several huts were scattered for at least half a mile, groups of archaeologists moving quickly from one exploration site to another. Several pokemon assisted them, such as Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Diglett and Dugtrio, among others. “Welcome to Paradise!” Smith exclaims, picking up one of the pokeballs that sat on his belt. Clicking the release button, a bright flash of light erupted, quickly transforming into a Gabite. “He’s great at digging” Smith says, patting the dragon’s head. “Now, I’ll go this way, and you’ll assist Stacey, okay… erm… I just noticed we don’t have his name!”

    “Tyrant.” You immediately answer. “Okay, Mr. Tyrant. Stacey will show you the surroundings. I have more things to answer to. Enjoy!” As he leaves quickly with his pokemon, Stacey says “Well, it’s you and me now. Let’s go.” You follow her with your Charmander without hesitation, as she continues “This Exploration Center was founded ten years ago, when Smith’s dad, Dr. Martin Smith found some interesting Omanyte fossils. Since Omanyte needed water to survive, and the most recent information told us there was never water in these parts, the archaeologist world was very excited and intrigued by this. We’ve found some interesting pokemon fossils, although we have to keep our eyes open for wild pokemon who want to destroy them – and us as well. Packs of Steelix usually attack us for absolutely no reason, although our pokemon can easily repel them with their attacks.”

    And to speak of wild pokemon, suddenly, a small Hippopotas digs its way out of the underground, popping into the “real” world. It didn’t seem too happy to see you, as it slowly growled at you. “Oh damn, I forgot my pokemon are in the medical station.” Stacey hurries to say. “Looks like you have a battle to start.”

    What will you do?



    j_hunter (please reply in Lime Green)You continue wandering through the Forest of Adventure, a mysterious place said to be full of enigmas to solve, treasures to find, berries to eat; indeed it was a forest. Although sometimes, the Forest picked some travellers for quite deadly adventures, and they often don’t return. You just hope the rumours are false (except for the berries). Still, if anything happened, Helen was there to assist you, and assist she shall.

    You keep walking for some minutes, the trees blocking the sun more and more the deeper you went. You sensed fear and despair on the dark atmosphere. Maybe it was just your mind playing with you, but for a second, you thought you had heard a noise behind some bushes. You freeze, hoping to not hear it again. You wait five seconds, no noise being heard by your cautions ear. The moment you were going to move your feet, you hear it again, and this time you were sure you heard it, as Helen glared at the bushes, growling lightly. The bushes start moving again, a heavy pant added to the background. Quick footsteps could now be heard, stronger and stronger as time went by. If this wasn’t scary, I don’t know what is.

    Some seconds later, a small boy comes out of the bushes, and immediately freezes as he sees you, before fainting, lying on the ground. You kneel over, and give him gentle pats on the head. Suddenly, he grabs your arm tightly, before releasing it three seconds later. He gets up, and exclaims “You’re not a ghost!”

    You were puzzled now. “You’re not a ghost! You’re not a ghost!” he repeats, happier each time he repeated it. “Oh I’m sorry for that. I thought that you were a ghost. But since I can touch you, you’re for real. Thank God!... I’m Rod, a small adventurer who didn’t know what he was going to put himself into when entering this forsaken place. I’ve been here for three days now, and I’ve been haunted by ghosts during these three days. And you are?”

    “I’m J.” you answer, still puzzled. “And this is Helen.”

    “Nice to meet you J. And Helen, of course. A dark type pokemon in these parts are very handy. The ghost stole my pokeballs, so I’ve been alone here. We have to get out of here now, and with your help we can do it!”

    You were about to point to where you came from, but the boy seemed to know what you were going to say. “No point coming back. The ghosts can confuse your mind and make you go in circles for days. We have to challenge the Ghost King; and if we win, we can go! What do you say?”

    What will you do?

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Making your way over to the tent holding the royal Ledyba heirs, Autumn's gentle tapping distracts you from your mission. Turning your gaze in the direction she is indicating, you gasp in shock upon finding that Nuzzles has been caught by one of the loggers. Torn between continuing on with your mission or rescuing your teammate, you figure there's no reason you can't do both. Seeing as Autumn already knows what she has to do, you leave her to deal with the rescue of the Ledyba while you dash across the clearing and straight toward the logger and Nuzzles. Just as you're about to shout out, you witness something amazing as Nuzzles suddenly stops struggling in the man's grasp and begins to glow a bright, radiating white. The unexpected event startles the lumberjack, causing him to drop Nuzzles on the ground where the light surrounding your little Acorn Pokémon begins to expand, stretching upward to roughly three times Nuzzles' height before dissipating and leaving you staring dumbfounded at the taller Wily Pokémon standing in his place.

    Feeling immensely proud of Nuzzles for accomplishing his evolution, you think back on the days events, and how hard he had fought against Starly even though he was at a distinct type disadvantage with an extremely limited moveset to work with. His fighting spirit has seen him through, his new form now much stronger especially with the added Dark element that comes with Nuzleaf's type. The lumberjack is also amazed by Nuzzles' evolution, a broad grin spreading across his face after witnessing it close up.

    "You are a feisty little guy, aren't you?" he asks, chuckling merrily. "I hope you're not planning on kicking my butt now that you're able to, because I'd like to be your friend if you'll let me."

    It is then that he notices your presence, an expression of concern appearing on his face.

    "Hey kid, what are you doing all the way out here?" he asks, looking around to see if anyone is with you. "You're not alone are you, because it can get pretty dangerous in the forest, especially at night..."

    PikaGod ran towards his Seedot with only one thought on his mind, to attempt to re-obtain his first ever pokemon. The brown haired boy was just about at the lumberjack and ready to shout out to Nuzzles when the fore-mentioned pokemon began to glow.
    Oh my God! thought PikaGod as he watched what was happening to Nuzzles.
    The small acorn-like body of Nuzzles began to glow a bright white as it grew and started to look a bit distorted. Soon however Nuzzles' body stopped glowing and decided to settle on a form. The pokemon that stood in the spot of the Seedot was human-like. The Nuzleaf looked at himself in amazement, he was delighted that he had finally evolved and obtained a better body. As PikaGod looked at his Nuzleaf he felt a surge of pride. In his mind's eye he saw how much Nuzzles had changed from the small acorn pokemon who was weak into what now appeared to be much stronger. Another thing that he thought looking at Nuzzles was that he needed a new nickname, but he pushed that thought aside. It was then that the lumberjack noticed the trainer and gave him the warning.
    What does that mean? he asked himself, a chill running down his spine.
    "Um... sir, what do you mean that it's dangerous?" PikaGod asked the lumberjack, "Because I have been through the forest and nothing has happened to me."

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wonderful World of Mozz
    Posts
    1,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    Tyranidos (please reply in Dark Orange)

    Wandering through the Desert of Illusion, you release your faithful Pyro to walk at your side on this heated adventure. The small Charmander seemed to be enjoying the warm temperatures and dried environment, although you didn’t exactly share his tastes. The sun glowing brightly, not a cloud in sight, you assume there were at least 50 degrees Celsius, as sweat drops run down your forehead. Pyro looks at you, both curious and worried, and pats you lighting on the leg, as in asking if you were okay. Your vision started to get blurry, your strengths being sapped away by the tremendously high temperatures. “Char?” you hear the red lizard shout, although you didn’t have enough strength to reply. You eventually give up, as there was no one in sight, or a village nearby. Closing your eyes, you fall to your knees, succumbing to Hell’s pleasure, fainting…

    “Wake up!”

    You fell some gentle nudges on your right arm. There were voices echoing loudly in your mind, although that one silenced them. “Wake up!” the same person repeats. You open your eyes a little bit, but they immediately close themselves, being blinded by the lighting. Nevertheless, someone noticed your small action, and a second voice said “He woke up! Thank God!”.

    The nudges stop, as the first voice replies “You’re okay now. You really shouldn’t walk through the desert without a hat, at least.” As your eyes adjust to the lighting, you notice a woman, probably in her early 20s, smiling at you. “Your friend here thought he had lost you.” She says, picking up the Charmander and putting him above the bed you were sleeping on, before letting him run (well, in this case, fall) into your arms. You manage to sit on the small bed, although your body was painfully punishing you for not taking a hat. “Don’t worry, those will stop, eventually. Luckily we found you lying on the desert, and quickly brought you to our village so that you could be medicated. Seriously, 50 degrees isn’t exactly easy to cope with. But thank God, your fever was treated, and you’re safe now.”

    Her gentle voice was all your brain could process at the moment, as you try to move your arms and legs. You were in a small brick hut, not more than 10 squared meter, the warm decorative colors reminding you of your quick trip. There was also a man looking through a medium-sized window, although it was too bright for you to see what lied outside. The hut was lightly decorated: there was a small tea table in the middle (three hats on top of it), a small portrait of someone who looked extremely old and silly-minded, and a small vase with red vivid roses on the corner. The door sat alongside the window, the golden spherical knob inviting you for a walk. “Ah, I see you can sit.” He said, as you recognize him as the “second voice”. “As Stacey here as said, please, do take a hat with you if you ever plan to come back. I’m Smith, and let me welcome you to our small village.”

    There were some parts of their dialogue that were confusion. “Who are you? Is this one of the villages?” you slowly ask, gathering your strengths.

    “Smith, you really like to tease newcomers, don’t you?” she says, as Smith laughs for two seconds before replying. “Indeed I do, Stacey; indeed I do. Anyway, no you’re not on one of those mysterious villages. In fact, we’re archaeologists, and you’re in our small research camp. Stacey here was travelling through the desert in order to reach a small research area, and found you. You were lucky; you might have died.”

    “But let’s forget about that.” She quickly says, trying to calm you gently. “Past is past, we live in the present and should only worry about the future, that’s what my granny said. But seriously now, hats, okay?” You slowly nod, acknowledging understanding of their words.

    “Good!” Smith says. “Now, if you don’t mind, let’s get out of here. These cold huts give me the chills.” As they grab their hats, Stacey handles you another one. “You’ll like it.” She says, the almost sombrero-sized hat now sitting on your head. Smith quickly opens the door, the sun blinding you instantly. “Pull down your hat, that will help.” He says, as he twitches the object as to not be blinded by the light. You copy his movements, and are astonished by what you were seeing: several huts were scattered for at least half a mile, groups of archaeologists moving quickly from one exploration site to another. Several pokemon assisted them, such as Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Diglett and Dugtrio, among others. “Welcome to Paradise!” Smith exclaims, picking up one of the pokeballs that sat on his belt. Clicking the release button, a bright flash of light erupted, quickly transforming into a Gabite. “He’s great at digging” Smith says, patting the dragon’s head. “Now, I’ll go this way, and you’ll assist Stacey, okay… erm… I just noticed we don’t have his name!”

    “Tyrant.” You immediately answer. “Okay, Mr. Tyrant. Stacey will show you the surroundings. I have more things to answer to. Enjoy!” As he leaves quickly with his pokemon, Stacey says “Well, it’s you and me now. Let’s go.” You follow her with your Charmander without hesitation, as she continues “This Exploration Center was founded ten years ago, when Smith’s dad, Dr. Martin Smith found some interesting Omanyte fossils. Since Omanyte needed water to survive, and the most recent information told us there was never water in these parts, the archaeologist world was very excited and intrigued by this. We’ve found some interesting pokemon fossils, although we have to keep our eyes open for wild pokemon who want to destroy them – and us as well. Packs of Steelix usually attack us for absolutely no reason, although our pokemon can easily repel them with their attacks.”

    And to speak of wild pokemon, suddenly, a small Hippopotas digs its way out of the underground, popping into the “real” world. It didn’t seem too happy to see you, as it slowly growled at you. “Oh damn, I forgot my pokemon are in the medical station.” Stacey hurries to say. “Looks like you have a battle to start.”

    What will you do?
    Tyrant is still very eager to continue. Pyro is not bothered by the temperature, in fact, his expression makes it seem like he is very comfortable. Tyrant, however, is getting slower and slower until he finally stops and collapses....As Tyrant wakes up, he finds himself on a bed in a brick hut. He is sweating, heart is pounding. He doesn't know where he is. He hears the voice of Stacey, not listening much. Tyrant anxiously wants to see Pyro. Then, Stacey lets Pryo go and he jumps into Tyrant's arms. A great wave of relief dawns on him and he starts listening, with nothing better to do. Another man comes in, his name is Smith. Tyrant heard him say something about a hat and this is a village. "Wait, this is one of those mysterious villages?" he asks. It turns out the Smith was just pulling his leg. They told him he was fit enough to get back up and outside and to help them out with their archaeology expedition. He is given a sombrero like hat to wear, to make sure he doesn't collapse in exhaustion again. "Oh, great. This hat will make me look so stupid. At least it matches my glove." he thinks. Smith then leaves, Tyrant not really caring what for. Stacey, however, tells him to come with her and help her. Suddenly, a Hippopotas pops out of the ground. "Whoa there. He startled me." he said. Stacey says he has a battle to start. "Alright then, Pyro, let's have our very first battle in our adventure! Use Scratch! Then use Growl to scare him back. Finish it off with another Scratch!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •