Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 223

Thread: The Arcane Realm Recorded History

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: The pride you feel in watching your Starter Pokémon evolve is overwhelming, so much so that you temporarily forget what you're doing here. That is until the lumberjack addresses you personally, startling you out of your thoughts and pulling your mind back to the immediate situation. With everything that has happened, this is the last thing you'd expected to come from his mouth which results in you staring at him for a moment, wondering what on earth he's talking about. Nuzzles is looking between the two of you, obviously aware of the fact that his attempt to cause a distraction has failed miserably considering you're all face to face at this very moment, and is curious as to how you're going to react.

    With your cover blown, and knowing there's no way you can get the Ledyba out right now without the man knowing about it, you're really only left with one alternative and that is to speak. Curious as to what he means by the forest being dangerous, you figure the best way to find out is to ask.

    "There are dangerous Pokémon living in the forest," he responds, frowning while trailing his fingers through his hair. He's obviously concerned by the fact you're out here alone with absolutely no idea of the dangers involved, and appears genuinely surprised by the fact you're truly not aware of them.

    "Several of our men have been attacked by wild Ursaring during the past week while we've been working out here. At first we thought we may have been encroaching upon their territory, but it's since been confirmed that Ursaring don't live in this area. Something has brought them out here, and we have no idea what that can be. Since one of our men went missing two nights ago, we've been told to pack up and leave. Most have already left camp, but a few of us have stayed behind to finish the work we've started. I'd offer you a ride back to civilization, but the last truck left just a few minutes ago. If you're alone, you might be safer staying with us..."



    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: With your frustration mounting over first having managed to get yourself trapped in a room steadily filling with sand, followed by your only clue pointing you to yet another riddle which appears to be telling you to engage in a dance, you're not exactly in the best of moods at the moment. Chatterbox tries to gain your attention, but is soon shushed while you try figuring out your next course of action. Ruffling her colourful feathers, Chatterbox perches silently on your shoulder, eying the rising sand level warily while wondering how her trainer is going to go about getting them out of this mess.

    While dancing isn't exactly an activity you're fond of, you're assuming that the "shadow dance" the riddle is referring to must be the movements made by the shadowy figures you saw earlier. Carefully examining the statue of the girl, you close your eyes and wait while the flickering torchlight behind your eyelids works its magic. A moment later the shadowy form of the maiden materializes in the mystical glow, and without missing a beat you begin to mimic her movements. It's slow going at first, for the sand is now up to your knees, but something about the movements you are making is actually helping you to get on top of the growing mass. The shadow maiden's fluid movements are graceful, and you're soon so immersed in her dance that you lose all concept of time. Her arm motions are the most intriguing part, for as your hand moves over the torso of one of the other statues in the chamber, you feel something give. You're aware of the fact you've just triggered another mechanism of some sort, but you're not quite sure what it is until you feel the sand level start to go down. Knowing this is a good sign you continue to copy the maiden's movements and before long feel one of the sandstone tiles your hand has touched pushing inwards. A loud scraping sound can then be heard which causes Chatterbox to squawk excitedly. Whatever you're doing appears to be working, and afraid that the spell will end if you stop to see what is happening, you concentrate on the maiden hoping that she'll lead you to freedom. With one final swoop of her arm, the maiden vanishes, her shadowy form disappearing just as mysteriously as it had first appeared. As your own arm follows her final movement, you feel your fingers running over something cold and hard. Opening your eyes, you find that your hand is now resting on the hilt of a sword adorning one of the statues, but before you have a chance to examine it Chatterbox squawks loudly, flapping her wings and nibbling your earlobe a little too firmly for your liking in a desperate attempt to grab your attention.

    Looking around to see what the problem is, you're pleased to see that the chamber is no longer filling with sand, and that the scraping sound you had heard earlier was another concealed doorway which had opened on the far wall, but all of that is pushed to the back of your mind in an instant when you see a pair of blue eyes peering at you through the darkness from the other side of the opening which appears to be your only way out. While you're staring back at the mysterious eyes filled with malicious intent, you're startled by a faint, angelic voice echoing softly through the chamber.

    Return the sun to its rightful place, and no more dangers will you face...."



    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Now that you know what you're up against you find yourself wracking your mind in an attempt to figure out how to deal with the piranha Pokémon. These things are vicious, and you know that if you can't figure out a way to battle it successfully Blitz will be in just as much trouble as Wingull. It's only when you see Blitz send it flying toward the shore that a strategy leaps to mind and so you run with it, instructing Blitz to throw Carvanha up onto the sand if at all possible. It seems Blitz is already thinking along the same lines though for he's already charging for Carvanha with his head down. His horn rams into the little blue and red fish which sends it flying even closer to shore and while it flounders in the shallow water, flopping around while trying to get just a few inches further out so it can swim to safety, Blitz charges at it again. His Horn Attack isn't quite as successful this time as Carvanha had been expecting it, its huge jaws clamping onto Blitz's horn so tightly that he's unable to fling it off. While the two engage in a battle of wills, you're kneeling beside Wingull preparing to use your Lure Ball when someone kneels down beside you, appearing out of nowhere.

    Looking up, you find yourself staring into the face of an elderly man with a white beard and sky blue eyes which are at the moment clouded with concern.

    "It's alright there, Gulliver" he croons softly to the Wingull. "I'm here now, and won't be lettin' anything happen to ye."

    Surprisingly, you notice Wingull stir in response to the man's voice. It moves ever so slightly while a faint gurgling sound issues from its throat. While you're not familiar with Pokémon language, let alone Wingull's, you can tell that Wingull trusts in the man's words which leads you to believe he must be its owner. While the man removes several small bottles from his pocket and begins administering the fluids they contain to the injured bird, he glances up toward Blitz and Carvanha before turning his eyes upon you.

    "Ye be needin' any help there lad?" he asks, nodding toward the struggling duo...

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: With your frustration mounting over first having managed to get yourself trapped in a room steadily filling with sand, followed by your only clue pointing you to yet another riddle which appears to be telling you to engage in a dance, you're not exactly in the best of moods at the moment. Chatterbox tries to gain your attention, but is soon shushed while you try figuring out your next course of action. Ruffling her colourful feathers, Chatterbox perches silently on your shoulder, eying the rising sand level warily while wondering how her trainer is going to go about getting them out of this mess.

    While dancing isn't exactly an activity you're fond of, you're assuming that the "shadow dance" the riddle is referring to must be the movements made by the shadowy figures you saw earlier. Carefully examining the statue of the girl, you close your eyes and wait while the flickering torchlight behind your eyelids works its magic. A moment later the shadowy form of the maiden materializes in the mystical glow, and without missing a beat you begin to mimic her movements. It's slow going at first, for the sand is now up to your knees, but something about the movements you are making is actually helping you to get on top of the growing mass. The shadow maiden's fluid movements are graceful, and you're soon so immersed in her dance that you lose all concept of time. Her arm motions are the most intriguing part, for as your hand moves over the torso of one of the other statues in the chamber, you feel something give. You're aware of the fact you've just triggered another mechanism of some sort, but you're not quite sure what it is until you feel the sand level start to go down. Knowing this is a good sign you continue to copy the maiden's movements and before long feel one of the sandstone tiles your hand has touched pushing inwards. A loud scraping sound can then be heard which causes Chatterbox to squawk excitedly. Whatever you're doing appears to be working, and afraid that the spell will end if you stop to see what is happening, you concentrate on the maiden hoping that she'll lead you to freedom. With one final swoop of her arm, the maiden vanishes, her shadowy form disappearing just as mysteriously as it had first appeared. As your own arm follows her final movement, you feel your fingers running over something cold and hard. Opening your eyes, you find that your hand is now resting on the hilt of a sword adorning one of the statues, but before you have a chance to examine it Chatterbox squawks loudly, flapping her wings and nibbling your earlobe a little too firmly for your liking in a desperate attempt to grab your attention.

    Looking around to see what the problem is, you're pleased to see that the chamber is no longer filling with sand, and that the scraping sound you had heard earlier was another concealed doorway which had opened on the far wall, but all of that is pushed to the back of your mind in an instant when you see a pair of blue eyes peering at you through the darkness from the other side of the opening which appears to be your only way out. While you're staring back at the mysterious eyes filled with malicious intent, you're startled by a faint, angelic voice echoing softly through the chamber.

    Return the sun to its rightful place, and no more dangers will you face...."
    As Faith closed her eyes, the girl apperead to her again. As she began to move, Faith did her best to copy the elegant dance. Soon she was almost on top of the sand. Faith could no longer feel Chatterbox's claws gripping her shoulder, so she assumed she must be flying around the room. Soon, Faith lost all track of time. All she could concentrate on, was copying the movements. Although she would never admit it, secretly she was enjoying herself.She heard a noise next to her, but she feared that if she stopped dancing, she would make no progress. With the last movement of her arm, she felt something. It was cold and hard. As the girl had faded, Faith now opened her eyes. What she had felt was a sword. Before Faith had a chance to see it properly, she heard Chatterbox squak and nibble her ear.
    "Hey, that hurts!" Faith complained, pushing Chatterbox away, who started flapping her wings again.
    Faith spun round, and saw a doorway.
    "The exit!"

    Unfortunatly, there appearerd to be something blocking it; something with bright blue eyes.

    "Return the sun to it's rightful place, and no more dangers you will face,"

    Faith shivered; although angelic, the voice was creepy. Unlike the previous riddles, Faith didn't have a clue about this one

    Ok, thought Faith I'll go and see who or what those eyes belong to. I guess if I'm in serious trouble I have Chatterbox or at least the sword...

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    652

    Thumbs up Help Has Arrived!

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Now that you know what you're up against you find yourself wracking your mind in an attempt to figure out how to deal with the piranha Pokémon. These things are vicious, and you know that if you can't figure out a way to battle it successfully Blitz will be in just as much trouble as Wingull. It's only when you see Blitz send it flying toward the shore that a strategy leaps to mind and so you run with it, instructing Blitz to throw Carvanha up onto the sand if at all possible. It seems Blitz is already thinking along the same lines though for he's already charging for Carvanha with his head down. His horn rams into the little blue and red fish which sends it flying even closer to shore and while it flounders in the shallow water, flopping around while trying to get just a few inches further out so it can swim to safety, Blitz charges at it again. His Horn Attack isn't quite as successful this time as Carvanha had been expecting it, its huge jaws clamping onto Blitz's horn so tightly that he's unable to fling it off. While the two engage in a battle of wills, you're kneeling beside Wingull preparing to use your Lure Ball when someone kneels down beside you, appearing out of nowhere.

    Looking up, you find yourself staring into the face of an elderly man with a white beard and sky blue eyes which are at the moment clouded with concern.

    "It's alright there, Gulliver" he croons softly to the Wingull. "I'm here now, and won't be lettin' anything happen to ye."

    Surprisingly, you notice Wingull stir in response to the man's voice. It moves ever so slightly while a faint gurgling sound issues from its throat. While you're not familiar with Pokémon language, let alone Wingull's, you can tell that Wingull trusts in the man's words which leads you to believe he must be its owner. While the man removes several small bottles from his pocket and begins administering the fluids they contain to the injured bird, he glances up toward Blitz and Carvanha before turning his eyes upon you.

    "Ye be needin' any help there lad?" he asks, nodding toward the struggling duo...

    Drifter gave a sigh of relief upon the new arrival. *The man must be Wingull's trainer* he thought. He knew Blitz probably was already furious with him for making him fight such an annoying little critter, so anyone being nearby would force him to calm down to avoid embarrasment. On top of that, Wingull was recieving first aid, so that meant he could turn his full attention to the battle.

    "Just take care of Wingull" Drifter grinned "I think I can get the Carvanha." With that, he got up off his knees, and, in a more impulsive moment, decided that it was time to end the battle. He charged forward, water splashing at his feet as he ran to his Pokemon "Blitz, let's force the capture and get that thing off! Charge towards me with your horn!" He held up the Lure Ball and charged towards the stag beetle Pokemon, hoping he could force the Pokemon in with a straightforward attack...
    Last edited by The Black Glove; 27th January 2008 at 9:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post

    j_hunter (please reply in Lime Green)You continue wandering through the Forest of Adventure, a mysterious place said to be full of enigmas to solve, treasures to find, berries to eat; indeed it was a forest. Although sometimes, the Forest picked some travellers for quite deadly adventures, and they often don’t return. You just hope the rumours are false (except for the berries). Still, if anything happened, Helen was there to assist you, and assist she shall.

    You keep walking for some minutes, the trees blocking the sun more and more the deeper you went. You sensed fear and despair on the dark atmosphere. Maybe it was just your mind playing with you, but for a second, you thought you had heard a noise behind some bushes. You freeze, hoping to not hear it again. You wait five seconds, no noise being heard by your cautions ear. The moment you were going to move your feet, you hear it again, and this time you were sure you heard it, as Helen glared at the bushes, growling lightly. The bushes start moving again, a heavy pant added to the background. Quick footsteps could now be heard, stronger and stronger as time went by. If this wasn’t scary, I don’t know what is.

    Some seconds later, a small boy comes out of the bushes, and immediately freezes as he sees you, before fainting, lying on the ground. You kneel over, and give him gentle pats on the head. Suddenly, he grabs your arm tightly, before releasing it three seconds later. He gets up, and exclaims “You’re not a ghost!”

    You were puzzled now. “You’re not a ghost! You’re not a ghost!” he repeats, happier each time he repeated it. “Oh I’m sorry for that. I thought that you were a ghost. But since I can touch you, you’re for real. Thank God!... I’m Rod, a small adventurer who didn’t know what he was going to put himself into when entering this forsaken place. I’ve been here for three days now, and I’ve been haunted by ghosts during these three days. And you are?”

    “I’m J.” you answer, still puzzled. “And this is Helen.”

    “Nice to meet you J. And Helen, of course. A dark type pokemon in these parts are very handy. The ghost stole my pokeballs, so I’ve been alone here. We have to get out of here now, and with your help we can do it!”

    You were about to point to where you came from, but the boy seemed to know what you were going to say. “No point coming back. The ghosts can confuse your mind and make you go in circles for days. We have to challenge the Ghost King; and if we win, we can go! What do you say?”

    What will you do?


    J. studied the boy's face. He certainly seemed genuine, and he had the ragged appearance to prove it. Helen was lying down on his feet as he stood, eagerly awaiting an answer. J. looked down at her. His family were trusting him to keep her safe, but at the same time she needed the chance to grow. Helen was headstrong and foolish, but she was also tough. She could handle a few ghosts.

    Though at the moment, having her belly scratched by a random stranger, she certainly didn't look tough.

    "Alright, Rod. Tell me all that you know about the Ghost King. Where can we find him, and how do we 'challenge' a ghost?"

    Immediately after asking this, J. realised his mistake. The Ghost King must be a Pokemon of some sort, not a human ghost. Flushing red, he quickly altered his question before Rod had the chance to reply.

    "I mean... what kind of Pokemon is this Ghost King?"
    Last edited by j_hunter; 29th January 2008 at 8:59 AM. Reason: colour and size

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: The soft, angelic voice echoing throughout the chamber manages to creep you out, no matter how innocent it sounds. In fact, this entire place is getting creepier and creepier. Hidden traps, death chambers, and now an evil eyed something staring at you from the shadows. Whatever it is you doubt it's going to let you pass without a fight, but the fact you have one last riddle to solve is a worrying prospect as you have absolutely no clue as to what it can mean. Grasping the sword tighter in your hand, you feel something on the hilt move and look down to see a golden gemstone embedded in it that appears to be loose, almost as though it doesn't really belong there. Chatterbox is more interested in the evil eyes staring at you though, and squawks loudly to catch your attention. Looking up, you watch while the evil blue eyes move closer as the creature they're attached to moves slowly into the chamber. Now that it's no longer hiding in the shadows, you feel your heart skip a beat as the mysterious Pokémon reveals itself to be a very dangerous Skorupi. Chatterbox squawks again, this time a tone of desperation in her little voice. Her eyes are glued to the Scorpion Pokémon whose eyes are focused upon the sword you're holding in your hand. Skorupi's lethal tail swishes back and forth before it looks directly at you, its expression issuing a challenge you know you're going to have to face...



    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Just a note regarding capture; If you throw a Pokéball, or attempt to capture a Pokémon without having done much in the way of battling, the capture attempt will always backfire. You'll need to earn it, so pop the Pokéball away for a round or two, and then we'll talk business ^-^

    The fact that Wingull is now receiving first aide is something you're quite relieved about since it means you'll be able to concentrate solely on what's going on between Blitz and Carvanha. The old man nods when you respond to his question, but continues to watch the battling Pokémon while attending to his Wingull. Turning your full attention to the water you decide the best way to deal with this situation is to force Carvanha's capture. Blitz appears more than happy with your plan and is quick to react when you call out your instructions. Carvanha on the other hand isn't quite as willing to go down without a fight and when witnessing you charging toward it with a small blue prison orb, releases its hold on Blitz's horn and drops into the water right in the middle of the two of you as you're charging at one another. The resulting chaos is so unexpected that all you have time to do is react on instinct rather than take time to think. Carvanha is in the water, its lethal jaws chomping wildly while trying to grab hold of either you or Blitz, whichever it can get to first. While you're trying to dance out of its way, you're also desperate to evade Blitz's horn which is heading straight for you. Blitz, also aware of the damage he can do to you should his horn strike, makes a sudden dive for the water as its the only course of action he can see which will ensure you're not gorged by his horn as a result of his forward momentum. Unfortunately this results in you tripping over him and landing in the water as well while Carvanha goes wild, thrilled to pieces to have so much flesh to dine on. It Bites down hard on Blitz's leg, hanging on for dear life while your poor beetle is flailing his leg wildly to shake it off. Oh dear, looks like you're in a little spot of trouble...

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    [size=1]The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: The soft, angelic voice echoing throughout the chamber manages to creep you out, no matter how innocent it sounds. In fact, this entire place is getting creepier and creepier. Hidden traps, death chambers, and now an evil eyed something staring at you from the shadows. Whatever it is you doubt it's going to let you pass without a fight, but the fact you have one last riddle to solve is a worrying prospect as you have absolutely no clue as to what it can mean. Grasping the sword tighter in your hand, you feel something on the hilt move and look down to see a golden gemstone embedded in it that appears to be loose, almost as though it doesn't really belong there. Chatterbox is more interested in the evil eyes staring at you though, and squawks loudly to catch your attention. Looking up, you watch while the evil blue eyes move closer as the creature they're attached to moves slowly into the chamber. Now that it's no longer hiding in the shadows, you feel your heart skip a beat as the mysterious Pokémon reveals itself to be a very dangerous Skorupi. Chatterbox squawks again, this time a tone of desperation in her little voice. Her eyes are glued to the Scorpion Pokémon whose eyes are focused upon the sword you're holding in your hand. Skorupi's lethal tail swishes back and forth before it looks directly at you, its expression issuing a challenge you know you're going to have to face...
    [size]
    Faith looked at the sword in her hands. She noticed a small yellow gem, which reminded her of the sun. The sun! Just like in those words... the sun that she felt like she hadn't seen in her life, as she was down here so long. Looking up, the creature who's eyes had been glaring at her stepped forward.
    Skorupi... I've read about them. They're quite dangerous... I certainly never expected to find one so early on my journey. If I'm going to catch it, I'll have to stall a bit, as my only pokeball is a Timer Ball.
    Faith smiled as she imangined having Skorupi on her team. This didn't impress the little scorpian. It swished it's tail, impatiently.

    "Ok, Chatterbox! Use Peck twice and then use Fly!" she yelled out her orders to the parrot, who squaked, acknowledging them.

    Meanwhile, I'll see if there's a spot for this little gem on the wall....

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Riding a song.
    Posts
    205

    Default The beginning!

    Registration Post
    It's dawn. The golden rays of the sun are just starting to shine over the horizon. A warm breeze is blowing over the sandy beach. Sitting there is a boy and a Buizel, both of whom are staring out over the ocean.

    "Ah, the ocean breeze smells so good" says the boy, who's name is Chris. Chris stands up and begins to stretch. Then, turning towards the Buizel he says "Don't you think that this is a great day to start our adventure?"

    "Ya I guess" replies the Buizel named Jet. He then lays down on the sand and begins to yawn. Then after yawning says "but did we really need to come out so early Chris?"

    "Come on, we're setting out on our first adventure!" Reply's Chris. He then leans down and looks at his lazy little Buizel. "Who knows what or who we'll meet along the way! Aren't you excited?"

    "Ya, I guess so" Jet says. He then stands up and they begin walking towards the water together. "You know I'm not going to drag you the whole way right?"

    "You know that I can swim" Chris says as they begin walking out into the water. Once they get out far enough they start swing out into the ocean. After getting away's of shore the two of them see a very small island about twenty yards away.

    "What do you think?" Chris says as he splashes through the water. "Should we swim over there and take a rest?"

    Jet, who is swimming a little ahead of Chris at this time, turns around and says "I'm good but I know you can't keep up with me so let's head over there." The both of them then begin swimming towards the island.
    Last edited by Lucario Master Chris; 30th January 2008 at 4:00 PM. Reason: Corecting a few errors
    I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones.
    -Started by Tyranitar


    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Karen, Final member of GSC Elite 4.

    If you battle using your favorite Pokémon simply because they're you faves, copy and paste this into your sig.
    -Started by Lucario Master Chris


    I claim Nidorina! ^_^

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    548

    Default

    The sun was up and above.The white, fluffy clouds are partly covering the sky. The gentle breeze made the trees wave as if saying hello to the trainers walking along the path. A fairly tall trainer with her pokemon appeared to be happily trudging the it. Not knowing which turn to take or which road will lead to where, they took the path straight ahead, hoping that it would lead them to a town or village to stay in.

    "Ahhh, it's such a beautiful day!" Rizza said to the yellow mouse next to her. She was stretching her arms and yawning. She grew tired of the walk.

    "Pipikachu?" The little mouse pokemon asked. It climbed up to its trainers head, lightly pulling on the delicate strands of straight, jet-black hair.

    "I don't know, Chu. Maybe it's someplace nice and cozy." Rizza replied with a smile. The pikachu nodded in agreement, while she giggled. "I hope it's Mediville though. It's been a long time since we battled another pokemon, and you and I need the practice there." Chu nodded in agreement to her statement: they did need the practice.

    The white, fluffly clouds turned into a light shade of gray, and they covered the sky further.The sun was barely seen through them. Rizza and Chu spotted a busy town ahead. It looked quite small, but there were a lot of people and farmlands in and around it. They were assumed it was Mediville. It must be it, that's the only place they were eager to find.


    [x] registration post.
    s a y o n a r a
    29/10/2013

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    652

    Thumbs up My name is David Tanashi. You Attacked a Wingull. Prepare to Faint

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Just a note regarding capture; If you throw a Pokéball, or attempt to capture a Pokémon without having done much in the way of battling, the capture attempt will always backfire. You'll need to earn it, so pop the Pokéball away for a round or two, and then we'll talk business ^-^

    The fact that Wingull is now receiving first aide is something you're quite relieved about since it means you'll be able to concentrate solely on what's going on between Blitz and Carvanha. The old man nods when you respond to his question, but continues to watch the battling Pokémon while attending to his Wingull. Turning your full attention to the water you decide the best way to deal with this situation is to force Carvanha's capture. Blitz appears more than happy with your plan and is quick to react when you call out your instructions. Carvanha on the other hand isn't quite as willing to go down without a fight and when witnessing you charging toward it with a small blue prison orb, releases its hold on Blitz's horn and drops into the water right in the middle of the two of you as you're charging at one another. The resulting chaos is so unexpected that all you have time to do is react on instinct rather than take time to think. Carvanha is in the water, its lethal jaws chomping wildly while trying to grab hold of either you or Blitz, whichever it can get to first. While you're trying to dance out of its way, you're also desperate to evade Blitz's horn which is heading straight for you. Blitz, also aware of the damage he can do to you should his horn strike, makes a sudden dive for the water as its the only course of action he can see which will ensure you're not gorged by his horn as a result of his forward momentum. Unfortunately this results in you tripping over him and landing in the water as well while Carvanha goes wild, thrilled to pieces to have so much flesh to dine on. It Bites down hard on Blitz's leg, hanging on for dear life while your poor beetle is flailing his leg wildly to shake it off. Oh dear, looks like you're in a little spot of trouble...
    OOC: Got it. Less Capture, more Carvahna trashing. Pokeball all gone for now.

    Drifter held back a string of curse words the the piranha pokemon let go of Blitz's horn. By the angle at which he and his starter were traveling, they would collide, and he would really hate to be skewered during his first battle. Luckily, Blitz realized this too, and in the last second, managed to lower his head into that water. Unfortuntely, it caused Drifter to trip over the Pokemon's long horn, sending him flying facefirst into the water.

    Drifter quickly brushed his wet brown hair out of his eyes. *I hate getting wet* he thought, moving quickly to avoid getting bitten. Blitz, on the other hand, failed to move as fast, and soon was flailing around with a Savage Pokemon on its leg.

    This was more than he could take. If he didn't calm himself soon... Drifter took a deep breath. In a stern voice, he regarded what he had to work with. Switching his Lure Ball with a Pokedex (which luckily was water-proof), he flipped up the status screen and had a look at his adversary. *Too bad we don't have any bug-type moves yet. It has a weakness to them. Fighting type moves would be good too...ok, I think I know what to do.*

    Drifter spoke up in a firm voice "Blitz! Do not let it get to you! If you relax, it should loosen its grip! Then you can loosen it further with Leer, knock it off with Night Slash, and end the round with a Horn Attack!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Angelic Pika, you're with John's Knight. Good luck with it all ^-^


    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: Musing over the loose gem attached to the sword hilt, the maiden's whispered words come back to you. If this gem is supposed to symbolize the sun, and it needs to be returned to its rightful place, then there must be a spot somewhere in this chamber that you can put it in. Unfortunately you're going to have to take care of Skorupi first though, as it is of more immediate concern. It's staring at you intently, quite clearly having no intention of allowing you to go anywhere which isn't an entirely bad thing in your eyes seeing as the thought of catching it is rather appealing. But to do that, you're going to need to defeat it. You're not quite sure how Chatterbox feels about having to be the one to fight, but judging from her quick and eager response to your instructions, it seems she's happy to get in a little battle experience...

    Chatterbox wastes no time in launching off your shoulder and diving toward Skorupi, but Skorupi is clever and is already prepared for her attack. It quickly sidesteps, scuttling out of the way before turning around and swinging its lethal tail right toward Chatterbox as she goes zooming straight past it. Skorupi's tail slams her hard in the rear sending her flying head first into the chamber wall. Hearing a pained "Squaaaa" when Chatterbox connects with the wall you can't help but wince, knowing that's got to hurt. She is quick to recover herself though, not willing to allow a bully of a scorpion to embarrass her in her first ever battle, and turns around, rushing at it at full speed and landing a hard Peck on Skorupi's head. Skorupi responds by spitting out a barrage of small, poison tipped needles, it's Poison Sting pelting Chatterbox and succeeding in poisoning your little teammate. Knowing she doesn't have much time to wrap up this battle now that she's been poisoned, Chatterbox flaps her colourful wings and flies up toward the chamber's ceiling. Making a quick lap around the room in order to gain some speed, she then dives toward Skorupi to attack with Fly. Skorupi tries to scuttle out of the way, but is unable to evade Chatterbox, instead lifting its tail to whack her upon her descent. Both attacks hit, resulting in both taking damage. Skorupi rolls across the floor, bashing into the Chamber wall, while Chatterbox squawks her disapproval at being hit by the scorion's tail a second time. She's looking a tad woozy, but still has a fair bit of fight left in her...




    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Frustrated beyond belief, you need to make a conscious effort to calm down. Taking a deep breath, you put youre Lure Ball away, replacing it with your Pokédex which you scan quickly in order to find some kind of workable strategy. Blitz is still trying to kick Carvanha off of him, and if he keeps struggling like this you know it's only going to end up a losing battle. The old man is still kneeling beside Wingull on the sand, a curious expression in his eyes while he watches the scene before him unfold. Finally coming up with a plan you hope will work, you call out your instructions to Blitz who at first seems to think you're mad. Relax? Relax while a carnivorous fish gnaws his leg off? Whatever....

    Blitz then stops struggling while Carvanha continues chomping down on his leg but as soon as it realizes that Blitz has stopped moving it looks up curiously, wondering what its enemy is doing. Unfortunately for Carvanha, it's just stared straight into Blitz's Leer which succeeds in temporarily immobilizing it and giving Blitz just the chance he needs to break free. Being sure not to break eye contact with Carvanha, Blitz moves backward while dark energy begins to form around his claws. A moment later he strikes, his Night Slash doing more damage to himself than to Carvanha due to Carvanha's rough skin protecting it, but the attack has the desirable effect of flinging Carvanha right out of the water and up onto the sand. Now free of Blitz's Leer, Carvanha begins flopping about wildly, trying to make its way back into the water. Blitz isn't about to give up his one and only advantage though, and quickly moves in, head down, ramming it with his Horn Attack. Carvanha is in quite a bit of trouble now, but as long as those jaws are gnashing away wildly, it's far from safe to be getting in too close...


    Lucario Master Chris: Thank you for addressing that first edit so quickly, but unfortunately there is still a little self updating in your intro. Nowhere in the Arcane Realm's introduction post does it say anything about there being an island in the Ocean of Mystery area, so please keep in mind that self updating not only includes you controlling battles, but also your environment. I'll skip over it for now, but please remember this for future reference.

    Setting out on your first adventure with your faithful Buizel by your side, you soon arrive on the shore of a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach, and find yourselves look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom. The clear blue sea is far too appealing for you to give up the chance for a swim though, and before long you're both heading out into the water for a leisurely swim. A few minutes later you come to a sudden stop when you feel something sting your leg. The stinging takes only seconds to turn into a frightful burning sensation, and before you have much of a chance to think let alone react, a blue jelly like blob with large red eyes rises to the surface of the water and stares at you curiously...

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Riding a song.
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Lucario Master Chris: Thank you for addressing that first edit so quickly, but unfortunately there is still a little self updating in your intro. Nowhere in the Arcane Realm's introduction post does it say anything about there being an island in the Ocean of Mystery area, so please keep in mind that self updating not only includes you controlling battles, but also your environment. I'll skip over it for now, but please remember this for future reference.

    Setting out on your first adventure with your faithful Buizel by your side, you soon arrive on the shore of a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach, and find yourselves look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom. The clear blue sea is far too appealing for you to give up the chance for a swim though, and before long you're both heading out into the water for a leisurely swim. A few minutes later you come to a sudden stop when you feel something sting your leg. The stinging takes only seconds to turn into a frightful burning sensation, and before you have much of a chance to think let alone react, a blue jelly like blob with large red eyes rises to the surface of the water and stares at you curiously...
    Sorry, I wasn't sure just how much info I should put or how much controll I had. Looks like I went from not enough info ta to much. Again, I'm sorry.

    After feeling that burning sensation Chris screams out "AAAAA!" while grabbing his throbbing leg. "What is that thing!" Chris struggles to grab his pack off his back. Once he does he reaches in, pulls out his pokedex, and begins trying to find out what the floating blue blob is. "If that's what I think it is we need to get away from it, NOW! Jet! Let's get away from it!"

    "OK!" Jet says as he grabs Chris's arm and then begins to rotate his tails like a propeller, giving him enough strength and speed to about three yards away. he then stops and asks. "Are you OK Chris?"

    "I'm feeling a little better." Chris says, maintaining his balence in the water. He then says "Here, eat this." Chris throws a special candy called a Rare Candy into Jets mouth.

    "Mmmmm. Tasty!" Jet says after swallowing the candy. He then turns to Chris and says "OK, What are we going to do now Chris?"

    "What else?" Chris says. "Were gonna fight!" He then turns around, holds up his Pokedex, and aims it at the blob while saying to Jet "Stay away from that thing and use Sonicboom and if it tries to attack use Quick Attack to dodge!"
    Last edited by Lucario Master Chris; 31st January 2008 at 4:09 PM.
    I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones.
    -Started by Tyranitar


    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Karen, Final member of GSC Elite 4.

    If you battle using your favorite Pokémon simply because they're you faves, copy and paste this into your sig.
    -Started by Lucario Master Chris


    I claim Nidorina! ^_^

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: Musing over the loose gem attached to the sword hilt, the maiden's whispered words come back to you. If this gem is supposed to symbolize the sun, and it needs to be returned to its rightful place, then there must be a spot somewhere in this chamber that you can put it in. Unfortunately you're going to have to take care of Skorupi first though, as it is of more immediate concern. It's staring at you intently, quite clearly having no intention of allowing you to go anywhere which isn't an entirely bad thing in your eyes seeing as the thought of catching it is rather appealing. But to do that, you're going to need to defeat it. You're not quite sure how Chatterbox feels about having to be the one to fight, but judging from her quick and eager response to your instructions, it seems she's happy to get in a little battle experience...

    Chatterbox wastes no time in launching off your shoulder and diving toward Skorupi, but Skorupi is clever and is already prepared for her attack. It quickly sidesteps, scuttling out of the way before turning around and swinging its lethal tail right toward Chatterbox as she goes zooming straight past it. Skorupi's tail slams her hard in the rear sending her flying head first into the chamber wall. Hearing a pained "Squaaaa" when Chatterbox connects with the wall you can't help but wince, knowing that's got to hurt. She is quick to recover herself though, not willing to allow a bully of a scorpion to embarrass her in her first ever battle, and turns around, rushing at it at full speed and landing a hard Peck on Skorupi's head. Skorupi responds by spitting out a barrage of small, poison tipped needles, it's Poison Sting pelting Chatterbox and succeeding in poisoning your little teammate. Knowing she doesn't have much time to wrap up this battle now that she's been poisoned, Chatterbox flaps her colourful wings and flies up toward the chamber's ceiling. Making a quick lap around the room in order to gain some speed, she then dives toward Skorupi to attack with Fly. Skorupi tries to scuttle out of the way, but is unable to evade Chatterbox, instead lifting its tail to whack her upon her descent. Both attacks hit, resulting in both taking damage. Skorupi rolls across the floor, bashing into the Chamber wall, while Chatterbox squawks her disapproval at being hit by the scorion's tail a second time. She's looking a tad woozy, but still has a fair bit of fight left in her...

    Faith watched as Chatterbox carried out her orders. Firstly, she began by diving at the Skorpi. She was eager for a battle, as Faith could easily tell. Faith saw a glint in the scorpian's eye.

    That's not good...

    Chatterbox's attack missed and when she flew straight past Skorupi, it whacked her with it's poisonous tail. As Chattebox hit the wall, Faith flinched a little; it looked painful.

    Although obviously hurt, Chatterbox spun around and flew at the Skorupi again, pecking it's head. The Skorupi spat out a poison sting at her in response. Faith could see that her little Chatot had been poisoned quite badly, although that didn't stop the little parrot. She launched herself into the air, gained a little speed by flying around the small room, and dived towards Skorupi. Chatterbox managed to hit, but at the same time, Skorupi whacked her with it's tail. Skorupi rolled into the chamber wall. Chatterbox stumbled and squaked a bit but, apart from that, she still seemed eager.

    "Okay, Chatterbox! Use Fly while Skorupi is still on the ground, and then Fly again! Afterwards use Peck!"

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    652

    Thumbs up Flashbacks

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Frustrated beyond belief, you need to make a conscious effort to calm down. Taking a deep breath, you put youre Lure Ball away, replacing it with your Pokédex which you scan quickly in order to find some kind of workable strategy. Blitz is still trying to kick Carvanha off of him, and if he keeps struggling like this you know it's only going to end up a losing battle. The old man is still kneeling beside Wingull on the sand, a curious expression in his eyes while he watches the scene before him unfold. Finally coming up with a plan you hope will work, you call out your instructions to Blitz who at first seems to think you're mad. Relax? Relax while a carnivorous fish gnaws his leg off? Whatever....

    Blitz then stops struggling while Carvanha continues chomping down on his leg but as soon as it realizes that Blitz has stopped moving it looks up curiously, wondering what its enemy is doing. Unfortunately for Carvanha, it's just stared straight into Blitz's Leer which succeeds in temporarily immobilizing it and giving Blitz just the chance he needs to break free. Being sure not to break eye contact with Carvanha, Blitz moves backward while dark energy begins to form around his claws. A moment later he strikes, his Night Slash doing more damage to himself than to Carvanha due to Carvanha's rough skin protecting it, but the attack has the desirable effect of flinging Carvanha right out of the water and up onto the sand. Now free of Blitz's Leer, Carvanha begins flopping about wildly, trying to make its way back into the water. Blitz isn't about to give up his one and only advantage though, and quickly moves in, head down, ramming it with his Horn Attack. Carvanha is in quite a bit of trouble now, but as long as those jaws are gnashing away wildly, it's far from safe to be getting in too close...
    Drifter smiled, watching as his strategy came together. He was always a better tactician when he was calmed. With the tables turned, this could be his opportunity to hit it hard. But with those gnashing teeth, Carvahna could easily thwart any attempt to attack at close range. The masked trainer began to think...

    *enter flashback*

    "David-san, if you try and charge me like that, I'll only send you flying." The young boy ignored his sensei's warnings, and moved into a head on attack. With a motion of his wrist, David was thrown against the wall like a rag doll. "oww...." he moaned, rubbing the back of his head. The old man walked over to him, kneeling down to eye level.

    "Balance is the key" he said. "Your attacks lack balance, and a way to defend against attacks" David looked at the old man with interest "so how would I go about doing so?"

    The sensei smiled. "There are 4 forms of martial arts we teach here, each based on one of the four major elements that make up life. Fire is a staightforward offense, like yours just now, that uses sheer power. Earth focuses on defending and guarding attacks with a stong defense and stance, before grabbing the enemy. Wind requires speed and agility, focusing on dodging attacks."

    "But what about the 4th style?"

    "Water. Water can only be used after mastering all 3 of the others. Water is adaptable, and as such, water-style fighting is changing styles in the middle of a fight to attack effectively. For example:" The old man stood up and helped David to his feet. "When you attacked me with the fire style, I was able to shift instantly from my wind-style dodging ability to my earth-style grasp and throw. Then, blending the two together, I spun and threw you aginst the wall. In this way..." he took his combat stance again "it creates balance."

    "Well then" said the masked child "I guess I can try again!" the small boy moved forward to attack once again...

    *End Flashback*

    "Water Style! That's it!" Drifter thought. "Blitz, use your Night Slash to fling sand in its face to try and blind it, then spin with a Horn Attack in the counterclockwise direction! The spinning should keep it from getting too close!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: The pride you feel in watching your Starter Pokémon evolve is overwhelming, so much so that you temporarily forget what you're doing here. That is until the lumberjack addresses you personally, startling you out of your thoughts and pulling your mind back to the immediate situation. With everything that has happened, this is the last thing you'd expected to come from his mouth which results in you staring at him for a moment, wondering what on earth he's talking about. Nuzzles is looking between the two of you, obviously aware of the fact that his attempt to cause a distraction has failed miserably considering you're all face to face at this very moment, and is curious as to how you're going to react.

    With your cover blown, and knowing there's no way you can get the Ledyba out right now without the man knowing about it, you're really only left with one alternative and that is to speak. Curious as to what he means by the forest being dangerous, you figure the best way to find out is to ask.

    "There are dangerous Pokémon living in the forest," he responds, frowning while trailing his fingers through his hair. He's obviously concerned by the fact you're out here alone with absolutely no idea of the dangers involved, and appears genuinely surprised by the fact you're truly not aware of them.

    "Several of our men have been attacked by wild Ursaring during the past week while we've been working out here. At first we thought we may have been encroaching upon their territory, but it's since been confirmed that Ursaring don't live in this area. Something has brought them out here, and we have no idea what that can be. Since one of our men went missing two nights ago, we've been told to pack up and leave. Most have already left camp, but a few of us have stayed behind to finish the work we've started. I'd offer you a ride back to civilization, but the last truck left just a few minutes ago. If you're alone, you might be safer staying with us..."

    When he heard about the Ursaring attacks and that there were no more rides into town left, PikaGod blanched. In his over imaginative mind, the trainer saw a twenty-foot tall bear attacking a city and the fact that PikaGod had only ever seen an Ursaring in movies such as Ursazilla and When Ursarings Attack only helped fuel the fear that he was feeling. But a cute little bear licking honey soon replaced the pictures of the attacking bear. Yes, PikaGod did wish to get himself a Teddiursa but he couldn’t find one. He was about to ask if there were any of the aforementioned teddies when he remembered that he had totally forgotten about his Bellsprout. Knowing that he really didn’t have a choice about whether or not he was going to able to get his little plant back PikaGod asked the lumberjack a question.
    “Excuse me, Mr Lumberjack Man, my Bellsprout is doing ‘something’ and well since I heard about the attacks I don’t really want to go get her on my own,” PikaGod took a deep breathe before finishing the sentence. “Can you please help me? I only asked because well you seem pretty strong and as you said, I’ll be safer with you?”
    After finishing his sentence the trainer looked at the lumberjack and waited for an answer.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    PikaGod: Please respond to my PM ASAP.

    "So you're not here alone, eh?" the lumberjack asks. "That's good to know, but I'm not sure your Bellsprout will be much help if you run into a wild Ursaring."

    "I'm Jack by the way," he says, introducing himself. "And this little fellow here wandered into camp and decided to attack one of our tents before evolving just a few minutes ago" he continues, nodding toward Nuzzles.

    "Before we do anything, I guess we really should do something about finding your friend. Where did she go?" Jack asks, awaiting your answer.

    Knowing that Autumn is in the process of stealing Jack's shiny Ledyba, you're fairly certain it won't be a good idea to let him know of your plans which means you have some quick thinking ahead of you...




    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: With the poison working through her system, Chatterbox appears to like your strategy of keeping as far away from Skorupi as possible. Unfortunately there isn't really a lot of room to work with in this small chamber, but she manages to do okay for the time being. Darting up to the ceiling, she circles around it several times while Skorupi watches her every movement carefully, sitting in wait and ready to strike as soon as the opportunity presents itself. It doesn't have to wait too long for Chatterbox finally dives from the ceiling, putting as much speed as she can muster into her Fly attack. Skorupi scuttles to the side, but not fast enough to evade the full force of the attack due to the confines of the room. It's knocked onto its side but is quick to right itself, hastily firing off another barrage of Poison Sting needles, the tiny toxic tipped projectiles following Chatterbox as she swoops up into the corner. Chatterbox is now stinging from the assault, the poison working through her system and causing her to work up quite a sweat. She's finding it harder and harder to remain airborne due to the toxins spreading through her blood, but manages to gain enough speed to swoop in fast enough to hit Skorupi hard before landing on the ground less than a metre away. While things aren't looking good for the little parrot's health, her only consolation is the fact that her attacks are super effective against the little bug, despite it being a poison type. If she can only keep this up a little longer, she may just be able to defeat it. With Chatterbox now sitting on the ground, Skorupi sees its chance and lunges for her, Biting her tail quite hard which makes her squawk up a storm, her high pitched voice echoing throughout the small chamber. Turning her head, she Pecks Skorupi hard, the painful attack causing it to release its hold. While you're watching the two of them battle, you suddenly remember the sword in your hand, the golden stone in its hilt reminding you of the riddle. A quick glance around the room shows you there are several carvings in the chamber with indentations in the wall in which the stone may belong, but whether you should search now or after the battle is something you're going to have to decide...




    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Interesting reply. Not exactly the norm, but I like it ^-^

    Happy to see your plan is coming together, yet still concerned about Blitz being hurt should he get too close to Carvahna, you start to think about what to do next when an image from your childhood springs to mind. You'd learned a lesson the hard way that day, and you suspect that this particular memory has been triggered by your subconscious as the lesson you had learned may very well be of great help to you now. Your thoughts return to the present, and you're quick to instruct Blitz who immediately responds to your orders. His claw is once again surrounded by dark energy, but this time he uses the added power to send an enormous amount of sand flying into the little piranha's face. Carvanha is beside itself, floundering on land with sand being thrown at it left, right and centre, and while it continues to struggle its energy is draining at an extremely accelerated rate. When you instruct Blitz to spin with a Horn Attack, he looks at you quizzically, wondering what on earth you mean. Spin? Spin with a Horn Attack? This can be interpreted in so many different ways that he takes a moment to think on it before shrugging and standing on his head in the sand. His horn begins to glow while he pushes off into a spin, and a moment later he's performing an upside down pirouette with sand flying in all directions. Whether this is what you had originally intended for him to do or not, the results are more than you could have hoped for as Blitz digs quite a deep hole in the sand which causes the sand surrounding it to slide and begin caving into the hole - with Carvanha being pulled right in. With no water to keep it alive, and now buried in the sand with no way to get back into the comfort of the ocean, Carvanha is in quite a bit of a pickle...


    Lucario Master Chris: It's ok, this is a learning experience after all. Just try not to get too carried away with anything not directly related to the update. The running away part wasn't really very constructive, especially since you stopped a second later, and did ruin the reply. Stay on track, and all is good ^-^

    The curious expression in the blue blobs eyes turns to fright when you begin screaming your lungs out. It quickly moves backward, startled by your sudden and totally unexpected reaction. While you're fumbling with your Pokédex, you're unaware of the fact that the blob staring at you is starting to become annoyed, and if it could frown its disapproval then it most definitely would. When you turn and run its annoyance turns to anger as it's completely insulted by your reaction, and in a quick burst of speed starts chasing you. When you come to a stop a few yards away and toss Jet a candy in preparation for a battle, you turn to point your Pokédex at the creature only to find it already bearing down on you. With it being less than a metre away Jet is quick to react by darting several inches forward which causes a small burst of wind to shoot toward the angry blob that your Pokédex has identified as a Tentacool, and knock it off course. Jet's Sonicboom does little to harm Tentacool, but it is now angrier than ever. While it's setting its sights upon its attacker, Jets knows a battle is inevitable and performs a speedy Quick Attack to land a hit before Tentacool has the opportunity to move first. The unfortunate result of this is that Jet is now directly in the path of Tentacool's Poison Sting and is pelted by the tiny toxic needles, a few of which dig into Jet's skin, poisoning him...

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    652

    Thumbs up Sandy Shores Show Suction!

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Interesting reply. Not exactly the norm, but I like it ^-^

    Happy to see your plan is coming together, yet still concerned about Blitz being hurt should he get too close to Carvahna, you start to think about what to do next when an image from your childhood springs to mind. You'd learned a lesson the hard way that day, and you suspect that this particular memory has been triggered by your subconscious as the lesson you had learned may very well be of great help to you now. Your thoughts return to the present, and you're quick to instruct Blitz who immediately responds to your orders. His claw is once again surrounded by dark energy, but this time he uses the added power to send an enormous amount of sand flying into the little piranha's face. Carvanha is beside itself, floundering on land with sand being thrown at it left, right and centre, and while it continues to struggle its energy is draining at an extremely accelerated rate. When you instruct Blitz to spin with a Horn Attack, he looks at you quizzically, wondering what on earth you mean. Spin? Spin with a Horn Attack? This can be interpreted in so many different ways that he takes a moment to think on it before shrugging and standing on his head in the sand. His horn begins to glow while he pushes off into a spin, and a moment later he's performing an upside down pirouette with sand flying in all directions. Whether this is what you had originally intended for him to do or not, the results are more than you could have hoped for as Blitz digs quite a deep hole in the sand which causes the sand surrounding it to slide and begin caving into the hole - with Carvanha being pulled right in. With no water to keep it alive, and now buried in the sand with no way to get back into the comfort of the ocean, Carvanha is in quite a bit of a pickle...
    OOC: My reply may not have been normal, but I did succeed in showing character development while using it to the current situation. Yay for weirdness!

    Drifter sweatdropped as Blitz began to spin on his head. *I was hoping for something else* he had thought, but was surprised to see that the wet sand was giving in to the spinning stag beetle's spiral. As if it had made a whirlpool, the sandy Carvanha was sucked in, thrashing on its way down. Drifter was proud that his Heracross had made sense out of an order that should have been made clearer.

    As for the savage Pokemon, Drifter began to take pity on it. A fish can't breathe sand... deciding it was time, Drifter once again relinquished his Lure Ball. "This time..." he said, "I won't be so foolish as to get too close. Besides, if that Carvahna really wants to get out of that sand, it won't resist." With that, he tossed it, watching as it fell downwards towards the fish...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: With the poison working through her system, Chatterbox appears to like your strategy of keeping as far away from Skorupi as possible. Unfortunately there isn't really a lot of room to work with in this small chamber, but she manages to do okay for the time being. Darting up to the ceiling, she circles around it several times while Skorupi watches her every movement carefully, sitting in wait and ready to strike as soon as the opportunity presents itself. It doesn't have to wait too long for Chatterbox finally dives from the ceiling, putting as much speed as she can muster into her Fly attack. Skorupi scuttles to the side, but not fast enough to evade the full force of the attack due to the confines of the room. It's knocked onto its side but is quick to right itself, hastily firing off another barrage of Poison Sting needles, the tiny toxic tipped projectiles following Chatterbox as she swoops up into the corner. Chatterbox is now stinging from the assault, the poison working through her system and causing her to work up quite a sweat. She's finding it harder and harder to remain airborne due to the toxins spreading through her blood, but manages to gain enough speed to swoop in fast enough to hit Skorupi hard before landing on the ground less than a metre away. While things aren't looking good for the little parrot's health, her only consolation is the fact that her attacks are super effective against the little bug, despite it being a poison type. If she can only keep this up a little longer, she may just be able to defeat it. With Chatterbox now sitting on the ground, Skorupi sees its chance and lunges for her, Biting her tail quite hard which makes her squawk up a storm, her high pitched voice echoing throughout the small chamber. Turning her head, she Pecks Skorupi hard, the painful attack causing it to release its hold. While you're watching the two of them battle, you suddenly remember the sword in your hand, the golden stone in its hilt reminding you of the riddle. A quick glance around the room shows you there are several carvings in the chamber with indentations in the wall in which the stone may belong, but whether you should search now or after the battle is something you're going to have to decide...

    Chatterbox launched herself into the air, wincing a little because of the poison. Skorupi sat completely still, it's eyes following the colourful parrot as she flew round the small room. After circling the room enough to gain a reasonable speed, Chatterbox dove towards the blue scorpian. Skorupi side-stepped but, once again, was too slow to avoid Chatterbox's attack. Skorupi was knocked onto it's side, but it managed to get back up on all it's legs. As soon as it had, it let lose several tiny needles, a Poison Sting attack, which followed Chatterbox as she flew back into the air. Chatterbox screeched as the attack hit her. Faith winced; the attack must be extremly painful, especially with the extra poison in Chatterbox's body. Chatterbox started flying around the room again, not as strong as before because of the poison. She hit Skorupi again and landed not far away from the scorpion.

    Skorupi looked quite hurt. But this wasn't much of a surprise to Faith: she made an effort to read about Pokemon before she started her journey, and she knew that Chatterbox's attacks were super effective against Skorupi.

    Skorupi took it's chance and scuttled forward. It bit hard on Chatterbox's tail. Chatterbox screeched louder than ever, the noise still ringing in Faith's ears long after Chatterbox had shut up. Chatterbox twisted her head and pecked on the scorpion's well armoured head, who let go.

    Faith suddenly remembered the sword and the riddle. She decided she'd concentrate on the battle first, and then see if she could find a place for the small gem.

    "Okay Chatterbox! Use Fly twice more and then Peck!"

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Riding a song.
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    Lucario Master Chris: It's ok, this is a learning experience after all. Just try not to get too carried away with anything not directly related to the update. The running away part wasn't really very constructive, especially since you stopped a second later, and did ruin the reply. Stay on track, and all is good ^-^

    The curious expression in the blue blobs eyes turns to fright when you begin screaming your lungs out. It quickly moves backward, startled by your sudden and totally unexpected reaction. While you're fumbling with your Pokédex, you're unaware of the fact that the blob staring at you is starting to become annoyed, and if it could frown its disapproval then it most definitely would. When you turn and run its annoyance turns to anger as it's completely insulted by your reaction, and in a quick burst of speed starts chasing you. When you come to a stop a few yards away and toss Jet a candy in preparation for a battle, you turn to point your Pokédex at the creature only to find it already bearing down on you. With it being less than a metre away Jet is quick to react by darting several inches forward which causes a small burst of wind to shoot toward the angry blob that your Pokédex has identified as a Tentacool, and knock it off course. Jet's Sonicboom does little to harm Tentacool, but it is now angrier than ever. While it's setting its sights upon its attacker, Jets knows a battle is inevitable and performs a speedy Quick Attack to land a hit before Tentacool has the opportunity to move first. The unfortunate result of this is that Jet is now directly in the path of Tentacool's Poison Sting and is pelted by the tiny toxic needles, a few of which dig into Jet's skin, poisoning him...
    Chris stares at Jet as the poison sinks in and begins to take effect. "Jet!" Chris yells, his mind racing, trying to find a solution to this problem. As he looks at Pokemon, atempting to think up a stratgy he calls out to Jet. "How ya holding up?"

    "Good, I think," Jet says with a grimace, half out of the water. "That Tentacool got me good," Jet grabs his chest where he was hit "if we don't end this quick we could be in big time trouble. Also, my water type attacks won't have much of an effect on that blob."

    "I think I've got a plan." Chris says looking at the poisonous jelly fish floating in the water. "Leap out of the water and use Sonicboom. Try to land behind it and use Quick Attack to nail it in the back! Next, wait until the Tentacool makes a move and use a second Quick Attack to dodge the attack!"
    Last edited by Lucario Master Chris; 4th February 2008 at 10:33 PM.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Tyranidos
    Eager to start your first battle, you promptly give orders to the small Charmander, who seemed even desperate to start acting. The lizard nods, acknowledging understanding of your commands, before dashing forward, preparing his claws for the first strike. However, the Hippopotas doesn’t stay put, as it dashes forward as well, glaring at its opponent.

    The Hippopotas is the first to strike, Tackling hard on the small lizard, as he breathed for air. Nevertheless, before being sent away by such a strong clash, he moves his claws, Scratching the Hippopotas’ eyes. Both pokemon being badly injured during these last 3 seconds, the ground pokemon seemed to be panting the most, lightly blind from the attack. Pyro, who was thrown away by the Tackle, quickly gets up to his feet, before Growling dangerously at the blind pokemon, who shivered in fear by such sound.

    Not knowing what was happening, the Hippopotas does nothing but stare blankly at the horizon, probably trying to make the most of his hearing. Pyro however is too swift for it to notice him, as he Scratches its opponent’s body once more, the hippopotamus crying in pain. For your surprise, it quickly counter-strikes, Biting the Charmander’s arm tightly for two seconds, before letting it go and walking away some feet.

    The battle was certainly a fierce one: the Hippopotas is still lightly blind, and took some damage. Pyro took some damage as well, although his arm isn’t going to be on its best conditions for some time. Both pokemon used some energy, although not too relevant for the battle’s outcome.

    What will you do?


    J_Hunter
    As you seem both curious and lightly scared regarding the so called “Ghost King”, you can’t help but ask what kind of pokemon you were after. Then, you got the impression that, if the forest wasn’t haunted and every sound you made was relevant to your survival, Rod would have laughed out loud for an hour. Instead, he let out a small giggle, before answering.

    “Your last question is incorrect. I’m afraid this isn’t as trivial as a “pokemon” ghost. Nope, this is an ethereal and powerful entity from probably another world, who suddenly thought it would be fun to control this forest. He has a vast array of creatures at his disposal, like a Captain and his soldiers. Fortunately for us, they all seem to have a weak spot. It is believed that in the middle of the forest lies a large rainbow orb, said to be the “fountain of life” of this forest, I guess. The Ghost King is the sole possessor of it, and that’s the reason why it controls this entire area. If we can get near it and do something on it, we can easily get away.”

    Breathing for air, he sighs, before continuing. “This won’t be easy though. We’ll have to pass through multiple traps and such; luckily, you have a Dark pokemon, which can easily counter the ghost’s attacks. So, what do you say? Fight with me for survival, or perish alone?”



    Angelic Pika
    There it was: Mediville. The tourist guide classified it as a “well-populated village, filled with infinite opportunities for beginner trainers who want to develop themselves and their pokemon”. Although it didn’t look exactly as a Pokemon Stadium filled with trainers, it was certainly a good place for a walk.

    As you enter the small village, you examine the surroundings: it had a central street, small and beautiful houses on the sides, decorated with awe-inspiring flowers and small “house-made” farms and gardens. There were both pokemon and humans on them, as you spot a bunch of Roselia and Roserade scattered around the gardens, playing delightfully with each other. At the end were a Pokemart and a Pokemon Center, seeming to be the most important buildings on the village.

    Suddenly, your eye catches a small crowd not too far away, cheering loudly for someone called “Tod”. You walk quickly towards them, and as you get nearer, you recognize the beautiful sounds of the well known “Pokemon Battle”. Blending into the crowd, you see two boys on the sides, while a Totodile and a Meditite had just punched each other fiercly, the Totodile immediately fainting after the clash.

    “I won again!” the boy on the right said, jumping in joy. The other one recalled his Totodile, and said “Good match Tod! It’s great to see you’re improving so fast!” Tod quickly replied “Thanks Mitch, means a lot to me.” Turning to the crowd, he said “I think my Meditite is still up for one more challenge. Is there anyone who would like to fight?”

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wonderful World of Mozz
    Posts
    1,864

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    Tyranidos
    Eager to start your first battle, you promptly give orders to the small Charmander, who seemed even desperate to start acting. The lizard nods, acknowledging understanding of your commands, before dashing forward, preparing his claws for the first strike. However, the Hippopotas doesn’t stay put, as it dashes forward as well, glaring at its opponent.

    The Hippopotas is the first to strike, Tackling hard on the small lizard, as he breathed for air. Nevertheless, before being sent away by such a strong clash, he moves his claws, Scratching the Hippopotas’ eyes. Both pokemon being badly injured during these last 3 seconds, the ground pokemon seemed to be panting the most, lightly blind from the attack. Pyro, who was thrown away by the Tackle, quickly gets up to his feet, before Growling dangerously at the blind pokemon, who shivered in fear by such sound.

    Not knowing what was happening, the Hippopotas does nothing but stare blankly at the horizon, probably trying to make the most of his hearing. Pyro however is too swift for it to notice him, as he Scratches its opponent’s body once more, the hippopotamus crying in pain. For your surprise, it quickly counter-strikes, Biting the Charmander’s arm tightly for two seconds, before letting it go and walking away some feet.

    The battle was certainly a fierce one: the Hippopotas is still lightly blind, and took some damage. Pyro took some damage as well, although his arm isn’t going to be on its best conditions for some time. Both pokemon used some energy, although not too relevant for the battle’s outcome.

    What will you do?
    Tyrant watches closely as the two Pokemon engage in the battle. Hippopotas, despite being the larger of the two, surprisingly starts charging towards Pyro first. Hippopotas then slams into Pyro, tackling him into the ground. "Pyro! Come on! You can do this, I believe in you!" Tyrant yells out. "Pyro, you can do it. Please be ok." he thought, desperate for Pyro to try to defeat the Hippopotas. Pyro then gets up, to Tyrant's relief, and responds with a vicious scratch to Hippopotas' eyes. Hippopotas cries out, blinded and helpless. "Geez, wasn't expecting that. Hope that little guy is ok." Tyrant thought, feeling a bit sorry for the wild Pokemon. Pyro continued his charge with a menacing growl which scared the Hippopotas. "Wow, Pyro can sure growl load!" He thought. "You're doing great, Pyro, keep it up!" He told Pyro. Pyro then lunged forward again, with the confidence of himself and Pyro to back the Charmander up, he takes advantage of Hippopotas' temporary trance and scratches him once more. "Yeah! Got him again!" Tyrant yelled. Pyro grunted in satisfaction. But, Hippopotas was not done, as he bit Pyro's arm. "Oh no! Pyro, are you alright?" Tyrant asked worriedly. Pyro held his arm, his facial expression apparently saying "yes" to Tyrant. "Alright Tyrant, show that Hippo who's boss! Use Scratch with your good arm! Do it as much as possible, we are going to win this!" Tyrant exclaimed. With that, Tyrant's adrenaline rose to such great levels. He completely forgot about the heat and just wanted to do what he loved with whom he loved.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    Angelic Pika
    There it was: Mediville. The tourist guide classified it as a “well-populated village, filled with infinite opportunities for beginner trainers who want to develop themselves and their pokemon”. Although it didn’t look exactly as a Pokemon Stadium filled with trainers, it was certainly a good place for a walk.

    As you enter the small village, you examine the surroundings: it had a central street, small and beautiful houses on the sides, decorated with awe-inspiring flowers and small “house-made” farms and gardens. There were both pokemon and humans on them, as you spot a bunch of Roselia and Roserade scattered around the gardens, playing delightfully with each other. At the end were a Pokemart and a Pokemon Center, seeming to be the most important buildings on the village.

    Suddenly, your eye catches a small crowd not too far away, cheering loudly for someone called “Tod”. You walk quickly towards them, and as you get nearer, you recognize the beautiful sounds of the well known “Pokemon Battle”. Blending into the crowd, you see two boys on the sides, while a Totodile and a Meditite had just punched each other fiercly, the Totodile immediately fainting after the clash.

    “I won again!” the boy on the right said, jumping in joy. The other one recalled his Totodile, and said “Good match Tod! It’s great to see you’re improving so fast!” Tod quickly replied “Thanks Mitch, means a lot to me.” Turning to the crowd, he said “I think my Meditite is still up for one more challenge. Is there anyone who would like to fight?”
    Rizza walked briskly towards the crowd. They seem to be cheering for someone.. she thought. She took a closer look at what was happening and she heard sounds of delight! A pokemon battle is going-on. She took a look at the battlers. It seems she was already late because the Totodile had fainted after the clash. She sighed, but her hopes were up again when she heard the sound of Tod, as he was called, who was finding a new challenger.

    Chu was beside her, eyeing the Meditite. She felt intrigued yet curious about it. It wasn't familiar with it from where she had been, while Rizza was astounded by that Tod person. Rizza felt the need to beat Tod. She wanted to beat him, because he was too strong ... or maybe she was just too weak. Chu and herself needed the practice anyway, so why not take the chance? He was finding a new challenger so why not grab the first battle?

    Her arms were held up high in a desperate attempt to call his attention, while Chu climbed on her back. She called out "I wanna get a go shot at it! Let me battle with you." Determined to be noticed by Tod, she went up to him and smiled. "I want to be the next trainer to battle you." she said towards Tod. Chu gave a small smile to him and nodded in agreement to its trainer. "Please? I'm new to this town, and I was hoping to find new friends" she continued. ... or rivals she finished her sentence within her mind.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    J_Hunter
    As you seem both curious and lightly scared regarding the so called “Ghost King”, you can’t help but ask what kind of pokemon you were after. Then, you got the impression that, if the forest wasn’t haunted and every sound you made was relevant to your survival, Rod would have laughed out loud for an hour. Instead, he let out a small giggle, before answering.

    “Your last question is incorrect. I’m afraid this isn’t as trivial as a “pokemon” ghost. Nope, this is an ethereal and powerful entity from probably another world, who suddenly thought it would be fun to control this forest. He has a vast array of creatures at his disposal, like a Captain and his soldiers. Fortunately for us, they all seem to have a weak spot. It is believed that in the middle of the forest lies a large rainbow orb, said to be the “fountain of life” of this forest, I guess. The Ghost King is the sole possessor of it, and that’s the reason why it controls this entire area. If we can get near it and do something on it, we can easily get away.”

    Breathing for air, he sighs, before continuing. “This won’t be easy though. We’ll have to pass through multiple traps and such; luckily, you have a Dark pokemon, which can easily counter the ghost’s attacks. So, what do you say? Fight with me for survival, or perish alone?”


    J.'s face became whiter and whiter throughout Rod's speech. By the end of it, he didn't trust himself to open his mouth. The dangers of which Rod spoke were far beyond what J. had expected on his first "relaxing" trip with his companion. He could feel Helen tense beside him as Rod talked about soldiers; Helen disliked all forms of military discipline. When Rod had finished, J. was left shaken. Not only had this strange boy just popped up from nowhere in this dark, forbidding place and started talking about ghosts and soldiers, but he had finished an entire monologue with only one pause for breath.

    The question that immediately popped into J.'s head was just as immediately squashed. No wonder the forest was full of horrific tales; if the king of Ghosts (the real, scary kind, not the mildly humorous Gastly that hosted a television program) was really controlling the source of the forest's life, then the place was in trouble.

    J., though not without his doubts, realised that he had very little choice. It was either fend for himself in this unfamiliar place, or go with Rod and challenge the Ghost King. He looked at Helen. She wagged her tail, ready for some kind of action. "Well Rod, I don't see much point in us not sticking together. We'll both have a better chance of surviving this place if we help each other out. Let's go and find this Ghost King, and try to keep away from anything that might hurt us."

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen
    "So you're not here alone, eh?" the lumberjack asks. "That's good to know, but I'm not sure your Bellsprout will be much help if you run into a wild Ursaring."

    "I'm Jack by the way," he says, introducing himself. "And this little fellow here wandered into camp and decided to attack one of our tents before evolving just a few minutes ago" he continues, nodding toward Nuzzles.

    "Before we do anything, I guess we really should do something about finding your friend. Where did she go?" Jack asks, awaiting your answer.

    Knowing that Autumn is in the process of stealing Jack's shiny Ledyba, you're fairly certain it won't be a good idea to let him know of your plans which means you have some quick thinking ahead of you...
    First things first, am I allowed to change the name of my character, because I want to give him a real name now instead of my old user name.

    PikaGod nodded at the lumberjack as he introduced himself as Jack.
    Wow, I wonder if Jack's parents knew what he was going to grow up to become thought PikaGod as he silently laughed at the probably unintentional pun that Jack had.
    But then Jack asked where Autumn was and PikaGod blanched, he hadn't been thinking properly when he had asked the man for help. The trainer racked his brain for an answer that he could give the lumberjack when Nuzzles ran over to him. PikaGod looked down at the Wily pokemon as Nuzzles sternly looked at his trainer before whispering something to PikaGod. The trainer's eyes widened as he realised two things. One, that he could understand Nuzzles, and two, that his pokemon had just thought up a good plan. PikaGod nodded to his pokemon before opening his mouth to give the lumberjack an answer to where Autumn was.
    "My bellsprout was with me when we decided to play hide and go seek. I think that she had hidden somewhere near another tent, but back onto the story. Well Nuzzles and I were searching for her when we heard a strange noise. Nuzzles and I ran from the noise and hid. Then when we remembered that Autumn was still hiding. Nuzzles went and tried to get your attention and when I saw you picking him up, I overreacted and here we are now, " answered PikaGod, lying through his teeth.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    Food Guy: You can change the name of your character any time you like, but try not to make it too often or you'll only confuse your updators. And as an added note, you're improving. Keep it up and you'll be out of here in no time.

    To say you've put your foot in your mouth is an understatement. Right now you're feeling like you've opened up as wide as possible and shoved both feet right down your throat. Quickly trying to think up a way to get yourself out of this rather uncomfortable position, Nuzzles is the one to come to your rescue. Jack, seeing the conversation between the two of you, seems a little surprised, then a little suspicious, before you launch into an explanation of how you'd been playing hide and seek with your Pokémon and ended up becoming separated. From Jack's initial silence, and the way he's looking between you and Nuzzles, you're not too sure he's bought your story and are ready to hightail it out of here just in case things turn ugly. Luck is on your side though, because a moment later he breaks into a wide grin.

    "Well that's a relief!" he exclaims. "You're lucky to have this little guy here with you, but you should still be thanking your lucky stars that you didn't run into trouble before he evolved. Even now he's no match for an Ursaring, but at least he's strong enough to help you distract one long enough to escape. I am worried about your Bellsprout though, because she shouldn't be out here alone. I'm concerned about that noise you heard as well, because I doubt it came from anyone here which means there could be something lurking in the forest on the outskirts of camp."

    Jack looks into the treeline with concern, obviously worried that an Ursaring or two could be nearby and waiting for a chance to attack, with no idea at all that you'd made up the whole thing.

    "We'd better find her then," he continues. "You say she may have hidden in one of the tents? You take that one over there," he says pointing to the far side of the campsite, "and I'll take this one here."

    Before you have a chance to respond, Jack turns and walks toward the tent Autumn is in, carrying out her role in the Ledyba rescue mission...



    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: Chatterbox is tired, there is no doubt about it. If not for the toxins spreading through her she'd be in much better shape which is what makes poison types so lethal. With a combination of pain and determination in her little eyes, she flaps her wings and takes off toward the ceiling again, Skorupi once again assaulting her with its deadly Poison Sting needles. The little Chatot's vision is blurring now as she struggles to remain conscious, but she focuses upon Skorupi as best she can before dive bombing it with another Flying attack. Skorupi is hit hard, but quickly retaliates by whacking its tail into Chatterbox's head before she can escape its clutches completely. Now in a lot of pain, Chatterbox tries to take flight again but the poison is so bad that she can barely make it off the ground. Skorupi begins pelting her with its Poison Sting, never letting up until Chatterbox half dives, half falls onto it with a rather dodgy attempt at using another Fly. She just doesn't have the energy to lift off now, but fortunately she's already caused just as much damage to Skorupi as it has to her. It's quite wobbly on its feet now, but seeing Chatterbox in the state she's in gives it the confidence to scuttle in close. Not the best decision on its part... Skorupi opens its mouth and Bites down hard on Chatterbox's chest just as she is moving her head forward to attack. Though Skorupi's attack is mindblowingly painful, so is Chatterbox's Peck which lands hard on the top of Skorupi's head. Both Pokémon release pained cries before falling to the floor in a crumpled heap, Chatterbox laying on top of the little blue scorpion who is most definitely KOed. Unfortunately Chatterbox isn't moving at all and upon closer inspection you see that although she has defeated Skorupi, she has also been KOed. Stunned, you can only look at them both laying there for a moment before the realization of the fact this is far from over hits you. Your Pokémon has fainted, you're stuck in a tiny chamber in the middle of an ancient tomb, and who knows how many more perils lay in wait once you pass through the doorway Skorupi was guarding...




    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    The Black Glove: Quite surprised by Blitz's interpretation of your attack order, you have no reason to complain considering the results. Though the outcome isn't quite what you'd expected, the end result is that Carvanha has no way out of this situation leaving you with all of the odds in your favour. Once again taking your Lure Ball in hand, you figure the little piranha will be stupid to fight and quickly throw it at the flailing fish before it dies. The old man watches intently, his curiosity getting the better of him, while the Lure Ball sucks Carvanha inside and begins wobbling in the pit of sand. Looks like Carvanha may not be so smart after all as it's putting up quite a fight. Either that or it would rather die than allow itself to be caught. After an excruciatingly long struggle, the Lure Ball finally falls still, the capture light turning green with an accompanying, "Piiing!", signalling your successful capture of a Lv.3 male Carvanha.

    "Congratulations lad," says the old man upon witnessing your success. "It was touch and go for a minute there, but you did it."

    He looks back down at Wingull whose eyes are open but is still far from well, before he continues speaking.

    "Seeing the way you handled yourself with that Carvanha makes me wonder if you'd be interested in helping me with a mission. It's dangerous, and may take many months to complete, but I could sure use some help..."


    Though I was a little disappointed with the length of your last reply, you've done well enough with previous ones to warrant being released from the Arcane Realm. With Carvanha's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and are free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones.
    Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Upon replying to this update you're free to go and do your own thing, but keep in mind that all ZA's and ZO's have the power to send anyone (new members or old) to the Arcane Realm if they feel replies aren't up to par. I'm sure it won't be a problem for you so off you go *pushes you outta here*, and have fun ^-^




    Lucario Master Chris: This may sound like a strange request, but for the sake of my own sanity can you please not have Buizel talk? Not only am I not a fan of talking Pokémon, but I'd like to actually see some proper RPing here and I'm afraid that Jets speech is taking away from that. After you leave the AR you can have him talk as much as you like, but for now I'd like to see some roleplaying happening.

    Unable to believe that Jet has been poisoned so quickly, you can only stare for a moment before reality sinks in. You're quite a distance from land, so trying to swim for it will most likely tire Jet out before you can both reach safety, his water attacks won't do much damage to Tentacool, and his consistent use of Quick Attack is only going to speed up the rate of the toxins spreading through his system. Whichever way you look at it you're in trouble, and you both know it. For now, all you can do is react to the immediate situation as it doesn't appear Tentacool is prepared to give any ground at all. Responding to your instructions immediately, Jet rushes forward leaping out of the water and releasing another blast of air straight toward Tentacool. His Sonicboom isn't all that powerful but this second use of the attack seems to have done more damage to Tentacool than expected. Perhaps due to it's age, you really can't be sure at this point, but any damage is a good thing considering the circumstances. Tentacool responds by releasing a godawful high pitched sound that feels like it's going to split your eardrums causing you to cover your ears in a desperate attempt to block out the noise. Unfortunately for Jet his hearing is much more sensitive than yours so Tentacool's Supersonic has the desired effect of causing complete and utter confusion to take hold of him. Jet shakes his head vigorously trying to remember what you'd just told him to do, but to no avail - he simply can't remember. Tentacool then fires off another barrage of Poison Sting needles, the tiny projectiles shaving off a little of Jet's hair, but not doing a great deal of damage...

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    futuramagirl: Chatterbox is tired, there is no doubt about it. If not for the toxins spreading through her she'd be in much better shape which is what makes poison types so lethal. With a combination of pain and determination in her little eyes, she flaps her wings and takes off toward the ceiling again, Skorupi once again assaulting her with its deadly Poison Sting needles. The little Chatot's vision is blurring now as she struggles to remain conscious, but she focuses upon Skorupi as best she can before dive bombing it with another Flying attack. Skorupi is hit hard, but quickly retaliates by whacking its tail into Chatterbox's head before she can escape its clutches completely. Now in a lot of pain, Chatterbox tries to take flight again but the poison is so bad that she can barely make it off the ground. Skorupi begins pelting her with its Poison Sting, never letting up until Chatterbox half dives, half falls onto it with a rather dodgy attempt at using another Fly. She just doesn't have the energy to lift off now, but fortunately she's already caused just as much damage to Skorupi as it has to her. It's quite wobbly on its feet now, but seeing Chatterbox in the state she's in gives it the confidence to scuttle in close. Not the best decision on its part... Skorupi opens its mouth and Bites down hard on Chatterbox's chest just as she is moving her head forward to attack. Though Skorupi's attack is mindblowingly painful, so is Chatterbox's Peck which lands hard on the top of Skorupi's head. Both Pokémon release pained cries before falling to the floor in a crumpled heap, Chatterbox laying on top of the little blue scorpion who is most definitely KOed. Unfortunately Chatterbox isn't moving at all and upon closer inspection you see that although she has defeated Skorupi, she has also been KOed. Stunned, you can only look at them both laying there for a moment before the realization of the fact this is far from over hits you. Your Pokémon has fainted, you're stuck in a tiny chamber in the middle of an ancient tomb, and who knows how many more perils lay in wait once you pass through the doorway Skorupi was guarding...
    Chatterbox was looking very tired now. The poison had affected her very badly. Chatterbox took off again, it looked like it took an awful amount of effort for her, though. Skorupi used Poison Sting again. The attack hit Chatterbox, who seemed to have trouble with her vision. With all her effort, the tiny parrot dived into a Fly again. It seemed to deal quite a lot of damage, especially with Chatterbox in her condition. However, Skorupi hit it equally as hard with it's tail afterwards. Chatterbox just about managed to lift off from the ground again. Skoupi shot the needles of Poison Sting at her again, until she managed to hit Skorupi again, although rather wonkily. She definetly didn't have enough energy to fly again, but Skorupi seemed as weak as her. Skorupi weakly scuttled over to Chatterbox, it's brain still seemed to be at full power, despite it's heavy breathing and unsteadiness on it's feet. Unfortunatly, Chatterbox wasn't really watching properly and dashed foward for an attack. (Well, not quite "dashed") This gave Skorupi the chance to attack and it clamped it's jaws onto Chatterbox's feathery chest. Chatterbox didn't have the energy to yell out in pain, like it would've done, but instead it pecked Skorupi on the head, at about the same power as the bite. Using up the last of their energy, they cried weakly, as they both fell to the floor.

    Faith looked at them. They were both knocked out. Faith gasped. There was no telling what she was going to face next, and her pokemon was knocked out.

    Return the sun to it's rightful place and no more dangers you will face.

    Faith breathed a sigh of relief. If she could find the place for the gem, then she would be safe. Out of her pocket, she drew Chatterbox's pokeball. She pressed the button in the middle, and Chatterbox dissapeared in a flash of red light. Next she pulled out a Timer Ball, and threw it at the Skorupi.

    After I catch it (or not) I'll look for the place the gem could go on the wall...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •