Thread: How does pickup work?

Question How does pickup work?

Hey all! I just wanted to know exaclty how the pickup ability works. I am right now in the desert looking for a shiny pokemon, with 5 zigzagoons. I occasionally notice that they are holding items. How do they pick them up? Do you just have to walk around? or do you have to encounter a pokemon? and if so, do you have to actually battle the pokemon? I feel like such an idiot for not knowing this.

I only use all-out offensive moves in battle. If you're one of the people who doesn't waste time with stat moves, then copy and paste this into your signature.
    (started by brocko18)

Quote Originally Posted by Brocko18
    Hey all! I just wanted to know exaclty how the pickup ability works. I am right now in the desert looking for a shiny pokemon, with 5 zigzagoons. I occasionally notice that they are holding items. How do they pick them up? Do you just have to walk around? or do you have to encounter a pokemon? and if so, do you have to actually battle the pokemon? I feel like such an idiot for not knowing this.
    Basically, you just battle some wild pokemon or trainers, yes beat them, and they should randomly pick it up.

Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

I think you have a 10% chance of finding an item after battle. You may find items just walking though.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

Quote Originally Posted by starterlover1
    I think you have a 10% chance of finding an item after battle. You may find items just walking though.
    Pick-Up does not work outside of battle, so you won't randomly pick up items by walking around. You have to get in a battle and knock out the opposing Pokemon. If you run from or catch a wild Pokemon to end the battle, or if you are defeated, Pick-Up will not work. After the battle, there is a chance that any of your Pokemon with the Pick-Up ability will be holding one of the available Pick-Up items.

~Vodka Duck~ Guest

just keep walking around and kill anything in ur way..... when i played sapphire i started with 5 zig's and i got a rare candy off 1 of them at least every half hour

Just Walk man
    My life is so s*** to a max extent

Quote Originally Posted by starterlover1
    Yes 10% chance after battle but not just walking and Dotdotdot can you please put less smilies in your text.