Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! (460)

Default Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! (460)

Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight!

On their way to the Battle Pyramid, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer who uses a Chatot for her Pokémon Comedian routine, in the hopes of performing and winning a Comedy Showdown through Chatot's imitation of voices. However Chatot gets away from its trainer and its up to Ash & Co. to find it, but Team Rocket have their sights on the Parrot Pokémon. Who will get to it first?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

ooo i wanna see this one we get to see perap but the guide isnt up yet but this sounds like its gonna be a funny episode

woot first post
    Last edited by legendary master Jose; 20th July 2006 at 8:53 PM.
    Play it cool, Here come the space cops.

Interesting. I believe it airs today, so I guess I can assume we will have screenshots, too. maybe we will get to see some of its attacks. Either way, I love perap, so I am looking forward to this.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

Does Perap speak human or say 'Perap' alot?

well id say both considering it can imitate human voices
    Play it cool, Here come the space cops.

People...will you please read the damn rules for these Episode Discussion threads ¬¬

I'm glad we get to see another funny episode. Perap looks very realistic to a parrot too hehe, can't wait to see the episode pics. Oh yeah, Donphan in the episode along with Brock's dance thing, plus Pikachu in a bow tie...priceless!
    Last edited by Ash6K; 20th July 2006 at 10:09 PM.

Seen the pictures.

Nothing much really happens in the episode. From what I saw, the COtD's Perap kept flying away from her and it seemed that there were a load of kids from an orphanage, who were the audience for all of the acts. Ash and Co. performed the different acts with their Pokemon alongside the girl and her Perap. Ash use Pikachu and Donphan. Brock and Corphish performed an act together (Brock with his Mexican costume on, lol). May uses her Eevee and Squirtle and Max uses Munchlax.

TR appeared again (after before trying to steal Perap), and tried to perform a comedy act in which James sent out his Cacnea (couldn't get the jist of what it was doing) and shortly after got dizzy and fainted. Then, Jessie used her Dustox against... Ash's Sceptile. Of course, Sceptile won and TR blasted off... again. Finally, it was just the traditional farewell in the sunset scene and Ash and Co. head off for the next destination.

Oh well, a couple of fillers showcasing new Pokemon after a run of eventful episodes (Grand Festival, etc.) doesn't hurt, does it. It was at least fairly entertaining.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 21st July 2006 at 12:34 PM.

Seen the pictures.

The episode starts with Ash and co walking down a path.
    They then spot a Perap in a tree.

My god, Perap is cute.

They stare at it, Max being very excited about it. Suddenly a girl appears, calling out for Perap but it flies away. Cue the episode title.

Perap lands on a treestomp where Ash runs up to it and grabs it.

I so love that Perap, my lord.

Ash looks confused when holding it, though, so I estimate it repeated what he said.

Sure seems like it.

The girl runs up to Ash and he gives her the Perap while the rest of the gang approaches them.
    I think the girl introduces herself and her Perap here where afterwards May Pokedexes the Pokémon.
    Perap says something which makes the girl angry with it, so I bet it randomly repeated the Pokedex or what Max said afterwards.
    The girl then introduces herself as a performer or something and the gang is excited to see what the two can do so they agree to watch.

The girl talks and Perap talks and the girl seems annoyed or something. I think it's part of the act. They suddenly go all "yo dawg"

Which is very very amusing.

The gang approves!

The girl then talks about how she apparently called out Perap some time ago and it randomly flew away with her in suit.
    I can't really tell what it's about. Nor can she, really.

TR watch from a distance having a Gio fantasy about how lovely it would be for him to wake up to Perap and then read the newspaper with it.
    Haha.
    And when he yells at the incompetent Grunts then Perap would be a great help to echo it all which'll make Gio very happy. (I think Persian would end up eating it, though)

The gang is then seen walking with the Wakana-clone (let's just cal her that) and they suddenly meet two strangers, one with long whip-ish hair, the other with purple shoulder length hair, who also happened to have starred in a certain episode in Pewter Gym not so long ago, but let's no get into that.

I wonder who ever they could be, though?

They introduce some odd bags with happy faces on them.
    Oh god, the beanbags have returned!

The Wakana-clone likes and she gets to hold them. They suddenly explode and Perap is taken with a metal arm thingie.

Oh GASPETH! The two people were in fact Team Rocket!
    Who would've known?!

They're suddenly in their balloon with Perap trapped in a cage. Ash calls out Swellow to use Aerial Ace (I think) on the balloon, causing the cage with Perap to fall out.
    Wow, that was quick.
    Ash then calls out Aipom to use Swift, sending Team Rocket flying.

That was really quick!

Perap is safe but the Wakana-clone seems concerned.

I swear, that Perap is CUTE!

They're suddenly at a house, having a meal.
    Eh? Is it the Wakana-clone's house?
    Oh well, suddenly Perap pops out of its Pokéball and flies away. The gang is shocked and follows.
    Perap then flies in to the forest and gone it is.

This Perap has an obedience problem.

We suddenly see a girl sitting in bed while reading a book when Perap flies in and sits by the window, the girl being very happy to see it.
    Eh?
    Another girl comes in, followed by what seems like a nurse, also glad to see the parrot Pokémon. Perap also seems happy.

I'm so confused.

The gang approaches the window from the outside, seeing Perap. The nurse person sees them and they're now inside, looked at by a bunch of kids by the door.
    I think this is a children's hospital then.

The girl who before sat in bed reading a book starts telling about how she met Perap sitting in a tree outside her window. She fed it cookies which gave it a crave for sugar so it continuesly came back to get more.
    Either that or it became friends with the girl.
    Either way, it constantly flew by to look to the girl, much to her glee while in her illness.
    Well, now we know why it randomly flew away....

The Wakana-clone claims it's her Perap, though, much to the girl's displease so she runs off.
    Not so ill after all then, huh?
    Anyway, the Wakana-clone decides to perfom for the hospital's children with her Perap, the girl from before lying in her bed sulking meanwhile.
    Max comes by her, though, probably to tell about the performing that's going on.

Brock is seen in his Paradise outfit likely singing his song. Corphish is assisting XD

Max sweatdrops at this, probably not the best referration to get the girl out of bed.

BLING BLING!

We then see Ash with his Donphan and Pikachu (while wearing a rather unflattering bowtie. My goodness)
    Ash has his Donphan roll up and has Pikachu balance on it while it rolls about. However, Pikachu falls off, having the act to fail miserably. The kids are amused, though.
    The ill girl who was in bed has now stood up and looks at the act from the window. It's now Max's turn to perform.

Which consists of throwing food at Munchlax for it to eat.
    Wow.
    The girl comes out and Max offers her to try. She tries and she's amused as well as the rest of the children.

My god, May's wearing the horrid bowtie too! XDDD

It's now May's turn to perform with her Squirtle and Eevee.
    Eevee shoots a Shadow Ball up in the air and Squirtle apparently uses its Ice Beam making everything glittery.

Awwwww.

It's now the Wakana-clone's turn and she wears a pink/red tophat. Hahahaha.
    I don't know what they're saying but she and her Perap are making everyone laugh.

The gang is making me laugh too but not necessarily because they're laughing.
    XD

The happyfaced beanbags suddenly drop down and explode.
    SHOCK, who ever could THAT be?!
    GASP, it's Team Rocket!

IN UGLY CLOTHES!

It's fashion disaster in today's Pokémon.

James suddenly cries, though (O_o) and we then see Jessie and Meowth holding fans, so maybe he cried because he was smacked?
    lol
    James then holds up an umbrella thingie with Cacnea hopping up on it but falls down.
    Cacnea is knocked out!
    Max says something which angers TR.
    Oooohhhh.

They catch Perap and run off.
    They stopped, probably by being yelled at and Jessie then calls out Dustox while Ash calls out Sceptile.
    Sceptile easily dodges Dustox's Tackle and Poison Sting, and then Leaf Blades it. James calls out Cacnea only to find out that, IT'S STILL KNOCKED OUT!
    XD
    Sceptile uses Bullest Seed at Dustox.
    Perap is suddenly free likely because of the aforementioned Bullet Seed and Wakana-clone has it use Peck on Meowth.
    Sceptile then Leaf Blades TR off into the heavens.

Everyone's happy. YAY! The girl from before then approaches Wakana-clone and apologizes for her behaviour from before, I think, then she gives her something. Happy happy, they say goodbye, happy happy and then Wakana-clone is about to depart with Ash and co.

Talk talk, wave wave, bye bye, Ash is exicted and they then walk off, the end.

Comedy filler. YAY!

Wow, this took a while to post. DX
    Last edited by Chatsy; 21st July 2006 at 9:17 PM.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Wow, perap isn't only cool now, its cute too X_x

Eh this episode didnt have anything special about it except for a D/P pokemon appearing. I honestly think the highlight of the episode was Brock dancing with Corphish.

Hmm...Eevee and Donphan having more screentime all of Ash's pokemon appear in this episode, and...Dustox battles!! Yup, good episode!

This girl's resemblence to Wakana is scary.

Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun

Ahahahahahhahahahaa. She looks like a younger sister.

This just proves the writers have run out of character designs for the filler characters. After designing 400 minor characters, one would imagine they'd run out of designs.

Filler yes, but at least it seems like a funny filler
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun

Long Lost Sisters!

Dun dun DUUUUN.

But at least we're having some D/P Pokemon other than the first ones released being shown in main stream anime rather than in the movies.

So, a Parrap that can speak human speak. I might have known considering it's animal basis, but interesting for a Pokemon none the less.

Loli heaven huh?

Rather boring episode.

End of post.

Does Brock actually sing "Paradaisu", or just dance around in the costume?

Until I see the episode in action [and understand why everyone is laughing], this episode will be put under the "Boring Filler" category.

Yes, Perap was there, and trust me, I liked it. It's SO cute.
    However, Team Rocket seemed to be the clincher in this episode because nothing else dramatic happens. I hate episodes like that >.>

Though one thing to note, every one of Ash's Pokemon made an appearence this episode...and they didn't even have a picnicking scene!

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken.
    [color=lightblue]Until I see the episode in action [and understand why everyone is laughing],
    Considering the jokes in this episode will only be understood by the Japanese, most people would probably have to wait till its dubbed to judge it accurately.

Omgosh, Dustox is still alive?!
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Perap, it imatates. This just made my day (wrong). I saw some pics earlier and it looks like it is actaully a good episode.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

When are the pics going to be posted on serebii.net?

This is an example of how their little rap thingy that was part of their act went:

Perap: "Pika-pika-pikachu, Quick Attack!"
    Andi: "Quick Attack!"
    Perap: "Pika-pika-pikachu, Thunderbolt!"
    Andi: "Thunderbolt!"
    Perap: "Pika-pika-pikachu, Rock Throw!"
    Andi: "Wait, that's a Rock-type attack!"
    Perap: *facefaults*

(Thanks to kthleen on Bulbagarden for translating that last line for me.)

And I have no idea what the rest of the different jokes were. But that example and the other one or two like it should make it into the dub intact, at least.
    Last edited by Geodude; 23rd July 2006 at 3:35 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast