Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! (460)

Seemed like an average boring filler,maybe because i couldnt undertand it but im just happy all ash pkmn did something, although aipoms swifts are kinda getting annoying

I was looking forward to this episode because I had been very fond of Perappu ever since it was revealed.

When reading the summaries I first thought that Perappu had some weird quirk and just randomly flew away all the time, but actually it always went to the same hospital to entertain the kids over there. It may be an overused plot, but I quite like those 'annoying-bugger-turns-out-to-have-good-intentions' Pokémon, other examples being Ash's Snorunt and the Linoone from AG113.

Anyway, Perappu was cute. I really liked everything about it - the way it repeated other people's lines and its voice in general, but also its various poses and gestures it did during the comic dialogue performance. I was taking screenshots like mad =D

It's also nice that Perappu doesn't only repeat things immediately after they were said, but can also remember certain lines for a while and say them over and over again. I liked it that those seemingly random things Perappu said to Anri and the others, like "I'll take your temperature now", "I don't like shots", "It's time for lunch" etc. eventually helped her figuring out where Perappu had went. It may not sound all that great, but for the Pokémon writers, it was pretty clever writing in my humble opinion ^^"

And at last, it was nice to see everyone of the group doing something for once. Granted, Brock only had the 10-second performance of Takeshi's Paradise, but it was good enough. At least Max got to partake in the little show as well as being the one persuading Chizuru to watch too. It's not much more than what Brock did, but eh. It was funny how TR tried making the group of kids laugh, but failed miserably - except that one time where Cacnea hugged James of course.

Well, overall I loved the combination of comedy and emotion this time, and, as I said, Perappu is/was insanely cute. I want a plushie of it!
    Last edited by Sushi; 22nd July 2006 at 2:05 AM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Something tells me this is better in motion. Performing for hospital confined kids, rather touching for Pokemon but whatever. Well, at least Aipom didn't come in and give me a double dose of margness.

Monkeys and parrots are the devil.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

It's official, I freaking love Perap. It's ADORABLE. <3

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler

It's official, I freaking love Perap. It's ADORABLE. <3
    You are NOT the only one, seeing the preview and the pictures made my mind up for sure.

The Great Butler, have you actually seen the episode?

Zak
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Perap reminds me of a lovebird, in some respects...but judging from this one's personality, I really want someone to catch one.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby
    Perap reminds me of a lovebird, in some respects...but judging from this one's personality, I really want someone to catch one.
    Oh I hate lovebirds. I remember when we had to take care of my neighbors'. That ear splitting screech they call a song drove me nuts. It make me dislike Perap even more.

It's only fitting they based a parrot-like Pokemon off a real parrot, and Perap just appeals to me because of its personality.

You kinda worded that in a funny way...how would you call it "parrot-like" in the first place if it wasn't based on a parrot?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Holy Crap, that was freaking hilarious. When Musashi almost accidentally started the motto early, I couldn't stop laughing. Takeshi's failed attempt at making people laugh was hilarious. As was Rocket Gang's attempt at performing for the kids.

And the girl and Perap did was freaking hilarious. Especially with Perap's mistakes(Pikachu using a rock attack, Eievui using a grass attack). Wow, its been awhile since the crew has turned out such a funny episode of the series. I was expecting a decent filler, but I was entertained quite a bit. Excellent.

And yeah, she looks like Wakana's sister or something.

The episode was quite funny, despite me completely lack of knowledge when it comes to Japanese. Anyways, I did get a headache from the constant repetition, but hey, it was about a parrot.

I might add, though, that I had NO CLUE Donphan was quite so large. That thing gives me new respect.

Well, I suppose I have to edit. Unless Ash is only three feet tall, his Donphan is monstrously large.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 22nd July 2006 at 7:28 PM.

This episode seems like it's going to be hard to translate... Not well, anyway...

EDIT: Ahahaha, James shutting up Jessie doing the motto was funny. And I must say its about time. <_<
    Last edited by Feity; 22nd July 2006 at 7:56 PM.

Ok the episode is up on youtube (Just search "perap")

I thought perap would sound a bit cuter than it does (I still love it to death)
    I also found plenty of parts in this episode to be hillarious
    I really enjoyed it
    8.8/10
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

And here's the Eevee verse:

Perap: "Eevee, Eevee, Tail Whip!"
    Andi: "Tail Whip!"
    Perap: "Eevee, Eevee, Razor Leaf!"
    Andi: "That's a Grass-type attack!" (lightly knocks Perap, it facefaults off its perch, kids laugh)

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, this was a pretty cute episode overall. Perap was both cute and annoying at the time. Of course, great to see Brock doing his little dance and in his costume...(he scared the children like if he were Michael Jackson ) Oh, but then of course, that little girl...Hmm, and Perap's trainer was a little cuttie (she does remind me of Wakana too). But tis all I can really say on this episode.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

You would think that May being a coordinator can make all these cool combinations for the kiddies, but the Eevee/Squirtle thing could have been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    You would think that May being a coordinator can make all these cool combinations for the kiddies, but the Eevee/Squirtle thing could have been much better.
    Then again it was one of those last minute things. Sure she could have used one of her old techniques, but you have to admit, young children can be amused very easily. :P

First two by the amazing Teppo Pepper The far right one from Pokemon Source
        Spoiler:- MayxDrew AshxMisty PikachuxPokechow:

Read My Fanfics:
    No Coincidence , Just Beyond The City Walls

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Like this?

Quote Originally Posted by potential episode segment
    Haruka: "Zenigame, Withdraw! Eievui, Shadow Ball!"

[Zenigame goes into its shell, Eievui fires a Shadow Ball into a hole on its shell at point-blank range. Black smoke bursts out from every opening on the shell.]

Chidzuru: "Uh... is it alright?"

Haruka: "Heh heh... of course it is. ^^"

Chidzuru: "It isn't moving... and is that blood dripping out of its shell?"

Haruka: "^^' Oh... well... uh... XD that's just your imagination! Hey, look over there!" [quickly punts the lifeless shell off the screen while the children are distracted]

me: "Best... episode... EVER!!!"

But since that didn't happen... uh... I don't have much to comment on. Nice to see Heigani return to assist in Takeshi no Paradise XD, and I too noticed every one of Satoshi's Pokemon was used in this episode (the same could be said of Haruka, but sadly, Wakashamo couldn't make an appearance -_-). As for the rest of the episode, it was pretty cute (and might I say, Perap seems to really fit its namesake in those bits with Anri), but nothing to write home about.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 23rd July 2006 at 10:01 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

LOL you've got a wicked sense of humor Yamato-san. Let's stuff Perap in with Squirtle so we can both die happy. Maybe even Aipom if there's room. Well, it get's rear handed to it next week so that doesn't matter.

I hate Perap now. I used to like it, now it's just friggin' annoying.

Anyone else think Ash was a punk? I mean at the end Team Rocket was retreating already and they had blasted off earlier, so why kick a dog when it's down and make a cheap, back-handed attack like that to poor dustox?

And actually when that first started, my first thought was, "That stage's too small and the hospital kids are too close for a pokemon battle. It's too dangerous for them to be that close."
    Then I remembered I was watching Pokemon and that common sense doesn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygonandrew
    Anyone else think Ash was a punk? I mean at the end Team Rocket was retreating already and they had blasted off earlier, so why kick a dog when it's down and make a cheap, back-handed attack like that to poor dustox?
    Beating up moths in front of little kids makes you feel like a big man!

Oh Yamato-San. Your unbridled hatred of Squirtle never fails to amuse. And many an Ecks Dee was had by all

So am I the only one to be slightly disturbed by the fact that the children's hospital had some pretty dire standards?
    I mean, think about it. While the nurse was checking up on sickly-little-girl, Random the Perap flutters in through the window. And she seemed to be completely content with this assumedly wild bird prancing around in the same room as a sick child. Now, we all know it belonged to someone, but she didn't. So apparantly in the Pokémon World, it's OK to let wild critters enter a hospital? Pokémon World medical staff roolz!

When all I had to judge this ep by was a preview revealing very few details, it didn't seem like Perap was going to do anything remotely musical. Which, needless to say, would have been a little awkward considering it's got a quaver for a head. So I was pleasently surprised to see it perform that...uhh...rap...thingie.
    Bah, but enough of that. The main thing is, in a bizzare twist of fate, I actually found myself smiling at the colorful bird's antics. So it's all good.
    Last edited by Gravy; 23rd July 2006 at 8:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Like this?
    Haha.

In any case though, the Eevee/Squirtle thing really makes you want to see double appeals during the next Contest arc.

It'll be one of the best ways to keep the appeals fresh and interesting, two Pokemon playing off one another with their attacks. Let's hope the writers realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Beating up moths in front of little kids makes you feel like a big man!
    Kids love violence, Ash was making it entertaining!

And Cybercubed, great idea! So, anyone know if Perap has the same voice actor as the movie one?

Yeah, it's such a lovely paradox that sick little children at a hospital are amused at watching creatures beat the crap out of eachother.
    Though, one must admit that it's the perfect place to fight, eh? Not so far from getting aid and whatnot.

Of course, a Pokémon Center would've been more suitable...

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Commentary! Yay!

-Summary of the first seven minutes: Perap's cute, the comedy act DOES sound like a sort of rapping, another boss fantasy, blah blah blah.
    -Oh noze! Salesmen!
    -HOLY **** THOSE BEANBAG THINGS LAUGH WHEN SQUEEZED THAT'S CREEPY ;;
    -Jessie and James cannnot make decent CREEPY BEANBAG THING laugh recordings. No wonder Ash-tachi are freaked out.
    -Wakanatwo wants one? NO! DON'T FALL FOR THE TRAP OF A LAUGHTRACK! They're CORNY! D:
    -Perap copied the laughing. MAKE THE IT STOP MAKE THE CREEPY LAUGHING STOP.
    -Oh noze the beanbags exploded and killed everyone...er, created a smokescreen that allowed TR to get Perap.
    -...odd musical cue right there...
    -IT CARRIED OVER TO THE MOTTO? ;_;
    -The Meowth baloon took off diagonally? Must be the wind or pehaps a blatent defiation of the LAWS OF PHYSICS.
    -Perap's adorable even when it's been stolen and doesn't care. "Manene!" "Ma-nene!" "Sou~nansu!" "Sounansu!"
    -TR's blasted off and OH GOD THE LAUGHING BEAN BAGS ARE FALLING AND LAUGHING.
    -Perap's cute when it talks.
    -Perap ran...er, flew...away! OH NOZE!
    -Perap's habit of repeating what people are saying even when it's flying away is ADORABLE.
    -Perap's random non-Wakanatwo-taught phrases might be a clue as to where it went? No way! 8O
    -"Perap" can only be the first word in a sentence so many times before it starts to get repetitive.
    -Perap flew into a random kid's room! STALKER BIRD!
    -Must be a real quality hospital to let random birds in the room.
    -Doctors that treat humans! Gasp!
    -They fed it cookies? Chocolate chip cookies?! THE THING'S A COOKIE ADDICT! Or the cookies made it friends with the kids, but I like my explaination better. >:P
    -Sick girl with teal hair:PERAP'S GOT AN OWNER? WAH THAT'S NOT FAIR ;; *emos* Other kids:You're a Pokemon comedian? Coooooooooooool. :o
    -Pokemon show! YAY!
    -Clapping ensues. Except for the kids with broken arms. And a random ungrateful brat in the front row stage left and another in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat.
    -Sick girl's covered up her face with a blanket! Gasp!
    -Music starts. Girl peeks out from under covers.
    -La la la la la la nante suteki na, la la la la la la (heiheihei!) moji no (heiheihei!) narabi! Heigani Takeshi no Paradise!
    -Max sweatdrops, girl is back under covers. Obvious decisions.
    -Symphonic Medley starts! Girl peeks out from covers again! IS THERE A SINGER IN THE HOUSE THAT'S NOT TAKESHI FOR ONCE?
    -Ash, Pikachu, and the Horrific Bowties present...a Pikachu running along the top of a rolling Donphan!
    -The girl got up! GASHP!
    -Pikachu fell off! The kids laugh! Yaaay!
    -Max teleports from the girl's windowside to stage and simotaniously aquires a Horrific Bowtie of his own, along with a bowl of Pokemon food and a Gonbe to catch it as he throws it.
    -The girl went outside! Max offers her the Pokemon food, not to eat but to throw at Gonbe, which she does.
    -TEH GURL LAFFED ZOMG. And by now the ungrateful brat in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat is clapping, thus removing the "ungrateful" label.
    -May has a Horrific Bowtie too!
    -May does her appeal using two Pokemon, and would have gotten a 8.9 in her appeal if not for the fact that using two Pokemon is not allowed. Oh, and it makes sparklies that amuse the kids and all that.
    -The kid in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat looks vaguely like Sabrina. O_o
    -More fashion disaster! Wakanatwo has a Slightly Less Horrific Bowtie, Jail Attire Socks, high boots, and a red top hot.
    -OH GOD THE BEANBAGS ARE BACK
    -Another motto! With proper music this time!
    -NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO DRESS IN THIS EP. DX AND THE BOWTIES! @_@
    -Sounansu has a bowtie too. XD
    -Ash-tachi have magically changed out of their horrendous outfits!
    -Except for Wakanatwo.
    -Kids: ":O"
    -Musashi and Meowth hit James with fans! OLD SCHOOL KANTO STYLE FTW! :D
    -Polka o Dolka music!
    -Cacnea gives James a painful hug. The children LAUGH. Clearly they enjoy seeing others in pain.
    -Cacnea falls off the rotating paper umbrella thing and is knocked out. What a pushover!
    -Max makes a comment. TR IS NOT AMUSED. Cacnea is staying put with swirly eyes.
    -OMG DUSTOX LIVES
    -Jukain knocks back Dustox with a Generic Contact Move(since I can't tell waht it actually is. Probably Quick Attack). The kids are impressed. They DO enjoy seeing others in pain! Sadists!
    -Jukain gets into *** Kicking Mode Deluxe once the kids start cheering for it. Jukain - It does it for the CHILDREN.
    -TR:"Ohshit." Perap:"Huh? What's going on again?"
    -Cacnea is sent out to battle again, but...it's still knocked out! Lawl!
    -Dustox managed to deflect Jukain's Bullet Seed somewhat? Whoa.
    -PERAP IZ FREE. And probably still has no clue what's going on. That bird dun care who it's with!
    -But it Pecks Meowth at Wakanatwo's command. And then mimics the "itai nya itai nya!"s Meowth says. XD
    -THE KIDS LAUGH ONCE MORE. God they love seeing other beings in pain too much.
    -Ahaha TR started to fly away without Dustox. That symbolizes something, and you KNOW it.
    -Poor Dustox is Leaf Bladed by Jukain. Despite it currently doing nothing but trying to catch up with the fleeing TR. Jee Ash, trying to entertain the kids even MORE with the pain of LIVING CREATURES?
    -Oh, he was just helping it catch up to TR's balloon. Which BLOWS UP once Dustox hits it.
    -Yana! Yana! Yana! Yana! YANA KANJI!
    -So so so so sooooounansu!
    -And the girl gives Wakanatwo a tin of the cookies Perap always liked. SWEET! In the "mmm, cookie" way. Dammit, now I want cookies.
    -Moral of this story:Pain amuses children.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast