Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! (460)

Wow Chatot imitating Wobbuffet made my week. and it was good to see Dustox get some airtime. So-so epi pretty funny.
    Formerly known as ?Ins0mnIac?, Supreme Overlord.

My Diamond team:
    Name Ryan
    Friend Code: 7424-6466-9433-7000
    Eyy

Wow Chatot imitating Wobbuffet made my week. and it was good to see Dustox get some airtime. So-so epi pretty funny.
    Formerly known as ?Ins0mnIac?, Supreme Overlord.

My Diamond team:
    Name Ryan
    Friend Code: 7424-6466-9433-7000
    Eyy

I'm not fond off the way Chatot was pronounced. I've been saying "CHAT-it" because it sounds more like "parrot" than "Chat-TOT" does. The emphasis on "Tot" annoys me because it implies that Chatot is a baby. I mean, I'm not one to argue with PUSA about their pronounciations (They cleared up the whole Bonsly fiasco, after all), but I think "CHAT-it" rolls a lot better, quite frankly.

Also, Carina's voice annoyed the crap out of me. She sounded like an even more obnoxious Lisa Ortiz.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Am I the only one who thought this ep was nearly as bad as the giant Butterfree ep from early BF?

The only thing I liked about this episode was the Sceptile Vs. Dustox battle at the end. Some of Chatot's lines were funny, but not enough to save the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Am I the only one who thought this ep was nearly as bad as the giant Butterfree ep from early BF?
    No, but then again, I never thought the Butterfree episode was all that bad in the first place. I think "Sitting Psyduck", "Aipom and Circumstance", and next week's episode are bigger atrocities, personally.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by PANCAKE View Post
    Eh.... This was an ok episode. The more they said Chatot's name, the more it sunk in with me. I just think that NOA gave it horrible spelling. Chattot is a little eaiser on the eyes for me.

Quote of the episode: "Cacnea's dizzy without being blonde". It was so stupid it was funny.

Back when this aired in Japan, I was hoping for Ash would catch it . After hearing that awful word mimicing, and I thought Mime Jr. was bad, I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

Yawwwwwwn. 4 out of 10 from me. They could have thought of a better story to debut Chatot in after the new Pokemon drought.

-PANCAKE-

Edit: Speaking of the pokedolls 4kids used to remove (if that is true)... Was Chatot REALLY eating cookies, or were they originally rice balls?
    I believe those were cookies in the original.

The episode was pretty good. Chatot was pretty cool imitating everything everyone said just like a real parrot. Ada (if that's spelled right) makes a very good comedian imo. "Pika Pika, use rock throw!" "That's a rock type attack!" LOL! I wonder who did Chatot's voice? It was very well played indeed.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    No, but then again, I never thought the Butterfree episode was all that bad in the first place. I think "Sitting Psyduck", "Aipom and Circumstance", and next week's episode are bigger atrocities, personally.
    Heh, funnily enough I think those three episodes are much better than this one and the giant Butterfree ep. Go figure.

Preety good, some of the lines were funny, and last battle was alright, at least I don't have to question then name Chatot anymore >.>

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Default Help!

I need help, I had the idea to stay up all night until it came on, but then my da told me i should try to go to sleep. so i did and my alarm woke me up for aipom and circumstances. so thought maybe i can lay my head down for a second. then woke up and fosters was on. so can somebody please tell me what happened on this episode? it hasn't been updated on serebii.net yet.

peace out cuz cuz
    Moukazaru is the best Pokemon ever.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I'm not fond off the way Chatot was pronounced. I've been saying "CHAT-it" because it sounds more like "parrot" than "Chat-TOT" does. The emphasis on "Tot" annoys me because it implies that Chatot is a baby. I mean, I'm not one to argue with PUSA about their pronounciations (They cleared up the whole Bonsly fiasco, after all), but I think "CHAT-it" rolls a lot better, quite frankly.

Also, Carina's voice annoyed the crap out of me. She sounded like an even more obnoxious Lisa Ortiz.
    To be fair, when I announced the name originally, I did say how it was pronounced.

I can't believe that silly bird actually did a rap. Fingers pointing, arms crossed and everything...heh! It even did a dookey booty dance and shook it's butt! Thats probably gonna tick some people off who wanted to keep Parrap as it's name insted of Chatit errrr... Chatot.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

I didn't really like this episode exept that Chatot was in it

I am getting sick of rap. It's all I hear from my cousins. Hear that rap crap in the episode totally lost me. And is this the second time I see a human hospital in the Pokemon World.

Strangely, I wanted to hear Chatot say it's name. or sqawk.
    You're in my world... and you will die in my world.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    No, I'm right behind you.

I wasn't too fond of this episode (either version for that matter). Perap (or Chatot) was VERY annoying (even though it was indeed a cute thing)

The only thing that was kind of cute was the rap and that's all I can really comment on.

Oh and Brock's little song and dance thing kinda sucked.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Will catch this one whenever it reairs

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

I liked this episode.. ^^; I think Sarah Natochenny has gotten a LOT better doing Ash's voice. Don't know what else to say, except that the "rap" was really close to the original.

By the way, when has Takeshi's Paradise been sung before? I forgot, and I want to know if they kept the lyrics 4kids used for that one. Wait, am I making any sense?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. XD I'll go listen and compare.
    Last edited by Hikarii; 6th January 2007 at 11:53 PM.

So, apart from the apparant generic cartoon parrot voice Perap was given for it's speaking role, what voice did it use when it wasn't talking human? Did they keep it's japanese bootleg Noctwol 'Rururururu!', or did they stick with the squawks?
    Last edited by Gravy; 7th January 2007 at 12:40 AM.

I'm trying to see when this episode is coming on. Damn it, I woke up at the wrong time.

So Chatot had the generic parrot voice? They should've had it with a voice like a DYH Amazon Parrot. They sound like Mario Cantone with Tourette's. XD
    My future D/P crack team:

Help a rural girl out, I want a mew for my D/P game. It doesn't matter whether its legit or cloned(I'd like a shiny but I know beggars can't be choosers). Please PM me if you can do this.

This was a pretty good episode! Exept I fell asleep like 10 minutes before it was over because I was so tired and I don't even remember falling a sleep haha! But at least ill be able to catch the last 10 minutes of it next Saturday. But overall Chatot was a cool Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    So, apart from the apparant generic cartoon parrot voice Perap was given for it's speaking role, what voice did it use when it wasn't talking human? Did they keep it's japanese bootleg Noctwol 'Rururururu!', or did they stick with the squawks?
    Oh hell. I erased it off my DVR cause I thought it was a dredful episode. To be honest dude, there really never was a time it sat alone without someone talking and it repeating. I think it just kept saying the last thing over and over again till someone else got it goin.

Gah! I was hoping someone would give Chaot a cracker without water to wash it down.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Did they keep it's japanese bootleg Noctwol 'Rururururu!', or did they stick with the squawks?
    In her flashback when Chatot first ran off, when she first released it from it's Pokeball, I could've swarn it had it's japanese voice, But i'm not entirely sure.

Anyways, I did enjoy this episode alot. Yay dubbed Takeshi's Paradise (Yet they couldn't have kept the music for when Rocket-dan was on stage or the symphonic medly..>\) Chatot's voice did kinda annoy me at first but It grew on me

Chatot pecking Meowth in the original version Chatot copied "Itai Itai Itai Itai"
    But I think I prefered it in the English version, and Meowth's response "Hey! I don't sound like that!" and Chatot's "Yes you do!" Made me Lol

I gave the Japanese version a 9/10
    and this one a 7.5/10

Btw, Ash's voice has gotten alot better by now.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Ok, this episode wasn't bad... However, I despised the rapping... And I was not pleased with Takeshi no Paradise. Whatever happened to the 4Kids lyrics? They were better than that! >_>;;

4Kids Lyrics:
    So la la la, look at my smiling face!
    Oh there are lots of girls, I'm in my happy place!
    So la la la, this is my paradise! Oh live on!
    O~ Le~ Yeah~ Yo~ Huh~

PUSA Lyrics:
    La la la la la la, I kinda like this song!
    La la la la la la, Why don't you sing along?
    La la la la la la, I sing my, la la la, for the girls!
    For~ The~ Girls! Yeah! Hmmm...

I liked Chatot's voice, sounding like a stereotypical parrot was appropriate. And the "I don't talk like dat!" "Yes you do!" scene was funny too. XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

"For the Girls' did make sense considering Brock's audience...but "My lovely ones" would've been better

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby View Post
    "For the Girls' did make sense considering Brock's audience...but "My lovely ones" would've been better
    Brock was singing to young children, and my understanding is these lyrics were closer to the Japanese lyrics as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast