Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! (460)

I didn't like Chatot, he was annoying and I never laughed in the episode. It was a fun episode but I don't want to see Chatot

Quote Originally Posted by old guard truthseeker View Post
    Brock was singing to young children, and my understanding is these lyrics were closer to the Japanese lyrics as well.
    Actually, the only part of the lyrics closer to the Japanese version are the "La la la la la la" bits he never said anything about liking the song or singing along in the Japanese version. It's all about the pretty girls, which is what 4Kids lyrics were about.

O~ NE~ E~ SA~ N~

Was it me, or was Brock's little song ruined?
    Its been a while since I've heared, but it sounded horrible this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Was it me, or was Brock's little song ruined?
    Its been a while since I've heared, but it sounded horrible this time around.
    Would you rather not hear it at all? I'm thankful that they kept Takeshi's Paradise in the dub.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Okay, first things first, Chatot was pretty funny. Though when not copying people's "quotes" it sounded like Pidgey(though someone did mention Noctowl and now that i think about it Noctowl sounds more appropriate). The episode wasnt bad at all, i think it's one of the better BF filler episodes in a while. IMO, May's little part with the "contest" thingy could have been slightly longer. Since it did sort of look like a mini fireworks display, maybe they could have done about five or six of those at varying strengths. Would have been cool.

Also, when Ash and co. first meet Chatot they pronounces it as : Chat-ot, whereas when Aida(i think that's her name) seems him she pronounces it: Cha-tot.

The whole storyline was pretty clever and actually made the whole cast seem intelligent for once!(Well you hopefully understand what i meant by that). It would have been good to see Chatot using another attack than Peck, but actually having it attack was good enough.

The voices, oh my god. Great! They have now reached near greatness. Im not sure when it was, but if the voice actors continue to keep up this work, then for sure they'll do great as replacements(Meowth on the other hand, is sort of starting to irritate me).

One thing bugs me: When Ash's Sceptile uses Leaf Blade on Dustox, it spins and hits the balloon, causing it to explode. I would have thought that it would just puncture the balloon.

Otherwise a pretty good episode. I once had the opportunity to see the japanese version, but i didnt bother. This one is alright.

(note: i forgot to mention a few other things, but when i rewatch it, i'll bring them back here.)

edit: I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but Chatot's voice sounded somewhat similar to the doctor's voice. I dont think it's even near correct, but that's what it sounded like to me.

9/10.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 9th January 2007 at 4:44 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

One thing bugs me: When Ash's Sceptile uses Leaf Blade on Dustox, it spins and hits the balloon, causing it to explode. I would have thought that it would just puncture the balloon.
    Elm's First Law: Everything AND anything will and can explode. This includes moths, bubbles, and psychotic flytraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Elm's First Law: Everything AND anything will and can explode. This includes moths, bubbles, and psychotic flytraps.
    Don't forget the fact that some things may explode for absolutly no reason at all.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Its an okay ep, I'm really waiting for the Weavile episode though.
    Im selling the following:
    Nintendo DS (blue)
    Pokemon Diamond
    Final Fantasy III
    Metroid Prime Hunters
    Pokemon Emerald
    for 170 USD. Everything works perfectly. Check or Paypal accepted. PM me for offers

I liked the episode okay. Of course, I question if what they were dioing can actually be called "rap", but it was entertaining enough. As far as it's voice goes, the only time I noticed Chatot using what sounds like a Noctowl call was when it flew away in the flashback.

On a related note, the credits gave witness to the return of the ambiguous Matt Mitler (he was also in the first season credits). Does anyone have any idea who this guy is?

I don't get Perap. Certain elements of it's behavior make it seem sentient, such as specific points in that 'comedy' routine and the fact that it was aware of the children's plight, while other aspects seem to contradict this. If Perap is able to imitate and memorise human speech, why can't it communicate with humans on it's own?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    In her flashback when Chatot first ran off, when she first released it from it's Pokeball, I could've swarn it had it's japanese voice, But i'm not entirely sure.
    I've seen the episode now, so I can tell you that it certainly wasn't it's japanese voice, but they had the voice actor try and imitate it~ Works for me.

Also, I'd like to mention that the name 'Chatot' sounds a hell of lot less painful after you've heard it for a full 20 minutes.
    Last edited by Gravy; 8th January 2007 at 4:58 PM.

The name Chatot is horrible for me and the Pokemon too. It was so annoying. I didn't like the episode I didn't even paid attention to the episode. It was boring.

I always wanted Chatot to be called Blabird

I liked this episode. Chatot was really funny, the quotes I liked was when Meowth said "I don't talk like that!" and Chatot responded, "Yes you do!", and the comedy routine it did with Ada, "Shake that tail, baby!", "How about a Razor Leaf, baby?", lol. Brock bringing back the Takeshi's Paradise song was pretty good too. Even though it was a filler, it was good, I give this a 9.5/10.

I wasn't too sure about this episode. The chatot was probably the thing I liked best about the episode. Almost every time it opened its mouth it had me cracking up. I loved its imitations of Wobbuffet and Mime Jr. especially. I also LOVED this dialogue:

-- Meowth: "Hey, dat's a sharp beak ya got!"
    Chatot: "Dat's a sharp beak ya got."
    Meowth: "I don't talk like that!"
    Chatot: "Yes you do."

Otherwise, I wasn't overly impressed with the episode. Seeing Brock do "Takeshi in Paradise" again was a hoot, and I loved Max commenting on Brock's one-track mind, and James telling the twerps that Jessie's in therapy made me LOL, but otherwise the episode wasn't great. At least it was an opportunity to see another pokemon from the next generation, the first one not showcased already in the eighth movie, though.

Overall, 6/10. At least the weavile episode next week looks promising.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I missed it V_V,
    When did it come on and when will it rerun??

And I heard somenoe say Peraps US name is Chatot, Please tell me whoever told me that lied

It is called Chatot, well thats the English name for it. And well I didn't really like this episode, too sad. You know? Sick kids just makes me all guilty of being a healthy person. And being more lucky.

But Yeah, It was kind of a boring episode really. The only good bit was watching Brock dance and sing for "The Ladies" Lol... Hes one funny dude. For the introduction of a Shinou Pokémon, and a introduction of any of them, it seemed pretty average since the only thing was the Chatot was caring and that was all... nothing else after that. 5/10

Hopefully this next episode does better.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

That is a terible name for it compare to Perap, But what was the episode about??

I think you should find out on www.tv.com It should have what you want to know. But it was pretty much A girl who was in a comedy duo with her Chatot and the Pokémon would always fly away and the gang and the girl just found out that the Pokémon was always visiting the hospital and cheering up sick kids and stuff. Thats pretty much it.

Anyone notice that a lot of characters in the BF saga are going to Johto?

Well it is probably the place to be at the moment lol. Kind of wondering why it just 'has' to be in Johto.

Well a return to Johto doesn't really seem so bad, We haven't seen it in years, I mean their already back in Kanto for the Battle Fronteir (Although I prefer the idea of it being a artificial Island off of Hoenn)

Then who wants to bet the next filler saga will take place in Johto?

Not me. I hope we don't go back there, a part of me wants them to go back for some quick battles at the Johto League. But I doubt it. Anyway, It does seem a little funny how that comedy thing just happens to be in the Johto Region.

How so? Cause I don't get it.

Chatot is the worst excuse for a pokemon name translation ever

Can anybody tell me what's so wrong with Perap? Of course, it's not like anybody can answer that

after finally seeing it I didn't really care for it.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast