Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Pokemon? Grass Pokemon?

Default Fire Pokemon? Grass Pokemon?

I know both of these types are very far from needed in most lineups. Would anyone here ever use one? If so, which type, and which Pokemon?

Many people use fire Pokemon. I personally use Blaziken, Ninetails, and Houndoom.

As for grass, it is also used. I use Vileplume, Victreebel, and Cacturne the most though.
    Sapphire Scramble Challenge completed.
    Now taking Pearl Challenge Final Team:
    Luminion Torterra Bastiodon Rapidash Carnivine Luxray

o.O There are plenty of good Grass types. Sceptile, Venusaur, and Exeggutor are just a few.

Though there aren't very many good Fire types IMO. There's Charizard, Blaziken, Moltres and. . . that's about it. The others are either ok or they suck.

Personally, I don't use Fire types all that often, but I do use Grass types. Heck, Sceptile's gonna be on my main Sapphire team. And Charizard's gonna be on my Leaf Green team.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

grass:venasur,sceptile,vileplum,exegutor,maeganium
    fire;magmar,blaziken,arcanine(kind of)...

There are actually plenty good pokemon of these types. Of course we have the starters, blaziken and sceptile being my favorite, that we can expect to be good. Other fire types include houndoom and arcanine, while other good grass types include exeggutor and, because of that spore-punch, Breloom.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

MORE FIRE TYPES!!!

Yes, fire is my favorite type, the Pokemon in the group are really strong, I use 'em all the time. Most of them do really well in Beauty contests.

Grass types are cool too, I adore Roselia and Bulbasaur, and Bayleef, the rest are also pretty cool too, and strong, some are good for Smart, others for Cool Contests.

What is a good moveset for an Arcanine?

El Mago Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Milotic
    Howl
    Fire Blast
    HP Fighting/grass
    Extremespeed

Unfortunately, it has few physical moves to use its higher attack, but its sp atk is only 10 points lower.

Arcanine@ Anything(though I would use lum berry for paralysis, poisoning,etc)
    Nature: Mild(+sp atk,-def)
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV's: Attack and Sp atk. should be maxed out.
    Moves:

Crunch
    Flamethrower
    Body Slam/Extremespeed/Double Edge
    Iron Tail

Thanks to intimidate, the lost defense will be made up for by the foe's loss of attack at the start of the match. Crunch and flamethrower are strong attacks that will take advantage of good sp atk, and flamethrower gets STAB. Iron tail is for rock types, and to take advantage of that high attack. Extremespeed always goes first and has 80 base power, body slam has 85 power and can paralyze, double edge is 120 base power, but gets recoil. All take advantage of high attack.
    The Latest Capture

I like to use my Sceptile for my grass pokemon! Leaf Blade owns. As for fire pokemon, I don't use it but I'm sure it is used.

I use Charizard and Sceptile.

...What a boring post.

I will use Charizard if I must, but generally I stay away from those types.

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

Fire is my favorite type, ainly because my fvorite pokemon is fire.
    Template provided by Golde
    My Shinies:

My Artwork: Lucario

kirby Guest

The only thing I ever used that was Grass was HP. I generally don't use these types because most can be easily countered (for me that is).

Magmar isn't the greatest, but he can catch many off guard with his attack stat. I believe he learns Cross Chop, yes? That'll teach a cocky Aggron to not take his opponent lightly.

Yes, he does learn Cross Chop. True.

I have a Sceptile and a Combusken on my current Emerald team. Lots of Fire types are good, like Camerupt, Torkoal, Macargo, etc. Grass types are widely used too, as far as I know. o.o I think Tropius is pretty cool though, not sure how many people use it, but I don't care. X3

I use Fire/Rock in my teams.

Fire used to be my favourite type, way back in the second genration, I used to think fire pokemon were indestructable, lol.
    I played through Gold only using my Typhlosion, that, sadly, once got owned by a Poliwag. O_o Poliwag was in its thirties, Typhlosion was in its sixties. >_>

I used a Camerupt in Ruby, it's level 100 now, I remember when I first caught it as a Numel. I thought Numel ws strong since one had managed to beat my Marshtomp, and I thought it was cute, so I immdeiately wanted to catch one. My Camerupt is now one of the strongest pokemon on my Ruby version.

Then, I've used a Charizard and a Blaziken. My Charaizard was a mixed sweeper, and it didn't work too well... My Blaziken was very strong, it once OHKOed a shiny Metagross in the battle pike.
    And my Magmar and Ninetails can really pack a punch!

Grass type pokemon do have a lot of weaknesses, to fire, ice, flying, poison, and bug O_o, but I still really like them. I have a Venusaur on my Fire Red, and a Bellossom on Crystal. They really are good pokemon. I've used a mixed sweeping Sceptile, when I was still a newbie, and it did come in handy in sticky situations. I have a Meganium on my Leaf Green, and I just love it! My old Vileplume isn't too shaby either. Grass has to be like my third favourite type, right after water and flying.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 21st July 2006 at 5:51 AM.

I have used all types of pokes in my party before
    You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness...

[IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/34si8ac.jpg[/IMG]

I only use fire-types. Well, fire-types and meowth. Ever, any game. x3

Why? I just like to burn things.

Meowth learns thunderbolt (for against water types) and blizzard (for against rock, ground, and dragon types) and gets many many stat raising items, and it actually works pretty well.

Art and banner by me | Click it to visit my Pokemon fanart gallery!

Fire-types:
    I don't hesitate to use Ninetales, probably because it's my favorite character design out of all the evolved Pokemon. Plus, she's reasonably fast and can help set up a whole team... Will-O-Wisp a Curse/Dragon Dance/Swords Dance/Choice Band Pokemon, or Grudge something to trash their Rock Slide, Earthquake, or Surf.
    Other than that, Fire-types really aren't my favorite. I'll use Flareon on a Baton Passing team if they make stat breeding a lot easier in D/P, and Houndoom much have some potential if Pursuit becomes physical, especially to deal with a younger cousin of mine who likes using a team containing two Mewtwo.

Grass-types:
    I'd use Venusaur or Sceptile, but I haven't done it just yet. Ludicolo is a favorite of mine, though, and a lot of its strength comes from the fact that Grass' usual Ice and Fire weaknesses are negated. Meganium is also a favorite due to her insane tanking abilities. I wish she got Baton Pass, though... With Ingrain tacked on to great pseudo-passing abilities, she'd be almost ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy37
    Fire-types:
    I don't hesitate to use Ninetales, probably because it's my favorite character design out of all the evolved Pokemon. Plus, she's reasonably fast and can help set up a whole team... Will-O-Wisp a Curse/Dragon Dance/Swords Dance/Choice Band Pokemon, or Grudge something to trash their Rock Slide, Earthquake, or Surf.
    Other than that, Fire-types really aren't my favorite. I'll use Flareon on a Baton Passing team if they make stat breeding a lot easier in D/P, and Houndoom much have some potential if Pursuit becomes physical, especially to deal with a younger cousin of mine who likes using a team containing two Mewtwo.

Grass-types:
    I'd use Venusaur or Sceptile, but I haven't done it just yet. Ludicolo is a favorite of mine, though, and a lot of its strength comes from the fact that Grass' usual Ice and Fire weaknesses are negated. Meganium is also a favorite due to her insane tanking abilities. I wish she got Baton Pass, though... With Ingrain tacked on to great pseudo-passing abilities, she'd be almost ideal.
    Ah yes, I love that seed toxicing ludicolo. meganium is a good defensive grass type as well.
    The Latest Capture

I know both of these types are very far from needed in most lineups. Would anyone here ever use one? If so, which type, and which Pokemon?
    Ummm not to be rude but Grass and Fire types are needed. Grass has the effect of beingg effective against Water and Ground/Rock 3 big types. Fire is used against Grass, Bug and Ice types. Theses types are not as big but are usefull in certain situations. Yes I've used both. Sceptile and Meganium are two practical Grass types. Charizard is used a lot. Entei and Moltres are also used most of the time. Houndoom is another big one. For uber teams Ho-oh is used a lot also. More people use Fire then Grass though.
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/2m7vzfd.png[/IMG]

Sure, I use both Grass and Fire types. Grass is my favorite type, and while I don't like Fire as much anymore, I still cling to it for nostalgic reasons (it was my favorite type back when Pokemon first came out).

The Fire Pokemon I prefer is Blaziken, because I love its design and the fact that it's part Fighting. I sometimes use a Magcargo and Charmander as well.

As for Grass, my favorite would be Roselia, closely followed by Shiftry.

I'm not a competitive battler... obviously. :B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast