Thread: Opinion thing about Natures...

Default Opinion thing about Natures...

The main thing is that I have a problem, and obviously I will have to make time to fix it.

I have a bunch of Pokemon ( like 10-15) that I have been training for a very long time. I started training most of them once I got midway through Sapphire/Ruby, so they are on pretty high levels. They are all from levels 70-90. At that time, I knew nothing about Natures, or EV's. Some of them have natures that don't do anything, and some have natures that do things, but don't really affect my Pokemon much. I can use the berries to erase their EV's and retrain them.

So, the question is, Should I rebreed all of the Pokemon and search for the right natures, or leave it the way it is?

Pros:
    I will have the Natures I want
    My Team will be better

Cons:
    It will take a long time to get the right nature
    It will take a long time to train them all again
    It will be hard to get all the TM's again, since the lowest evolutions aren't compatible with the best TM's.

Heres a list of the Pokemon that I have to think about :

Zangoose - Naughty (Atk+/Sp Def-) ( I want him to be Adamant [atk+/sp atk-]
    Metagross - Quirky ( No Effect ) ( I want him to Adamant, I think ) [atk+/sp atk-]
    Mr Mime - Docile ( No Effect ) ( I want him to be Modest ) [sp atk+/atk -]
    Blaziken - Serious ( No Effect ) ( Not sure what I want )
    Milotic - Bashful ( No Effect ) ( I want him to be Modest) [sp atk+/atk-]
    Charizard - Hardy ( No Effect ) ( I want him to be adamant ) [sp atk+/atk-]
    Tyranitar - Quirky ( No Effect ) ( I want him to be Adamant ) [atk+/sp atk-]

So .. I am not really sure what to do.. Any help would be great..
    Last edited by Shiny_Milotic; 22nd July 2006 at 5:00 AM.

Natures are too much help to not use. I recommed you to go and breed new Pokémon to get the right Natures.

You have Emerald, seeing how you can use the EV reducing Berries. You can even breed a desired Nature. Give an Everstone to a female Pokémon or Ditto, and the offspring will have a 50% chance of inheriting the Nature of the Female/Ditto. Not THAT hard getting a desired Nature with that.

If you need more help, let me know. Good luck!

Paired with the adorable Avegaille ~ <3

Thanks .. I have been starting breeding Pokemon that I was sure about changing already .. I had a Kingdra at level 70, but it didn't know Dragonbreath, and it's nature wasn't Modest. I bred it, and the first time, I got a Modest Horsea with Dragonbreath. ( I bred with a Bagon ) ... Very very lucky...

Milotic should be Bold (Def+,Atk-) not Adamant because its not going to need Attack, its going to need Sp.Attack.

Zangoose is kind of okay anyway, because it's usually going to get 2HKOed by any decent special attacker no matter whether it has a -Special Defense nature or not. Plus the whole point of Zangoose is to OHKO enemies without taking a hit anyway.

Other than that, yeah, I say go ahead and breed more. For Blaziken, I say go Hasty (+Speed, -Defense) or Jolly (+Speed, -Special Attack), since, respectively, Blaziken doesn't have the best physical defense anyway, and doesn't rely nearly as much on its special attacks as on its physical attacks. (And this might only get reinforced in D/P when Blaze Kick probably goes physical.)
    And yeah, Bold on Milotic, the tank extraordinaire.

If anyone knows anything about me they'd know what my answer would be :\

It depends, are you gonna use it for competitive stuff or link ups with your friends or is it just in-game?

If it's ingame then I wouldn't do it, competitivley yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Trace360
    Milotic should be Bold (Def+,Atk-) not Adamant because its not going to need Attack, its going to need Sp.Attack.
    Yeah, I meant Modest, I put Sp Atk + Atk - .. Would you really prefer Defense over Special Attack on a Milotic?

And yes, Hound00m, this would be for competitive.

Also, can someone please tell me :

Does Physical Attack mean "Attack" is applied?
    Why are attacks being Phsyical or Special being changed in D/P?
    Does "touching" the enemy have anything to do with being Physical or Special, or is that why they are changing it in D/P?
    Last edited by Shiny_Milotic; 22nd July 2006 at 5:05 AM.

You can EV train for the Sp.Attack, Bold would help it survive against physical sweepers.

Ok, thanks.

Does Physical Attack mean "Attack" is applied?
    Yes.

Why are attacks being Phsyical or Special being changed in D/P?
    Because they can. No, seriously...

Does "touching" the enemy have anything to do with being Physical or Special, or is that why they are changing it in D/P?
    No, it has nothing to do. As of now, the Type determines if an Attack is Physical or Special. As for the change... refer to the previous answer.

Paired with the adorable Avegaille ~ <3

Okay thanks
    Last edited by Shiny_Milotic; 22nd July 2006 at 5:29 AM.

I almost forgot, do you know what moveset to give Milotic because heres one

Milotic@Item:Leftovers
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Hypnosis

Actually .. I have been using that moveset ( - Hypnosis , + Toxic ) on the Milotic I have now, before I breed one.. I kind of prefer Toxic .. but everyone else seems to like Hypnosis...

Its because of Milotic def and Sp.def give enough times to use Hypnosis if it misses.

Well .. I guess I will try breeding Hypnosis onto it .. and if i dont like it , i will teach it toxic..

Now about your Metagross it should be Adamant.

Tyranitar should be Jolly, actually. Since you're using this for Competitive Battling, this is necessary, and here's why, according to Smogon:

Quote Originally Posted by Smogon.com
    While Adamant is the preferred nature, Jolly should be given honest thought, as you are two points faster than a Timid Starmie (242×1.5=363 vs. 361) and can (quint)essentialy (lol) risk keeping it in to deal Starmie some major damage. Here's why: you know that it is very likely that they are not also packing a Claydol, since both pokemon are used the majority of the time as Rapid Spinners (Claydol always, Starmie much of the time) and your opponent probably won't have both. Further, your opponent would have gone straight out to Claydol or another Tyra counter anyway — if they're going out to Starmie you know that's their only Tyranitar "counter", so with a Jolly Moveset you're encouraged to take it out. Also, if you're Jolly you're faster than Celebi (242 vs. 236-240), and it can't hazard an attempt at Leech Seeding you, even if it is stupid enough to stay in.
    And the reason why Hypnosis is preferred over Toxic is because with your opponent asleep, you can freely attack and heal with Recover without interruption (until they wake up, that is ). Toxic doesn't have that luxury.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

Well, if I use Jolly, or even Adamant on Tyranitar .. his moveset would look something like :

Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Focus Punch
    Substitute

Im not sure how I feel about a Tyranitar that can't really conquer any of its weaknesses..

ALSO: What is a good Nature for a Kingdra? Should I stick with Modest? Would Mild/Rash/Quiet work well too?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Milotic
    ALSO: What is a good Nature for a Kingdra? Should I stick with Modest? Would Mild/Rash/Quiet work well too?
    I'd stick with Modest, it is the generally preferred nature for Kingdra.
    Though adamant could be an option as well, since Kingdra has like 95 base attack, and it learns Dragon dance, so it could make a decent physical sweeper.
    But I'd still go with modest as it gets double-STAB on water and dragon attacks, two special types.

And I wouldn't reccomend Mild/quiet/rash, as they lower its speed and defenses, which would be too good, while modest, on the other hand, lowers attack, which it wouldn't really need.

Yeah, that's what I decided to do .. I started EVERYTHING over .. and im going to make a new Lineup .. some of the pokemon I am trainig that have the best possible natures are :

horsea
    beldum
    feebas
    abra

also, what is a good nature for a Magmar? It is going to know Cross Chop and Thunderpunch ( egg moves ) preferably .. so I am not sure if I want to go with Modest. Cross Chop will be its only physical move though , so im not sure if it will hurt it toooo much ..

Go with modest for Magmar. Won't hurt cross chop if it's its only physical move.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon