Thread: Stat adjustments?

Default Stat adjustments?

So I thought I'd pop my Crystal game into my SP and compare the stats of some of my level 100 Pokemon to the same ones I've got in Emerald...

To my horror EVERY single Pokemon I had in both versions (about 10) had FAR better stats in Crystal. And I mean SERIOUSLY way better.

So what, did they adjust the stats for R/S/E? 'Cos I don't see how mine can be that much weaker than before, according to the old guy at the battle frontier, most of them are "above average" with some being "quite impressive" and a couple "wonderfully outstanding"...

Has natures and EV's made it that much harder to obtain decent stats?

It must have just been a coincidence, or Nature, IV's and EV's.

G/S/C use a different DV and EP system to R/S/E, so it could be due to that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but here's my explanation:

All stats in R/B/Y/G/S/C were capable of reaching their full potential (for their IVs). In R/S/E/FR/LG, stats are only capable of reaching their full potential if they are given 252 EVs. Therefore, no more than 2 stats can reach them.
    My other Rotom is a washing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Misdreavus
    Correct me if I am wrong, but here's my explanation:

All stats in R/B/Y/G/S/C were capable of reaching their full potential (for their IVs). In R/S/E/FR/LG, stats are only capable of reaching their full potential if they are given 252 EVs. Therefore, no more than 2 stats can reach them.
    This is the correct answer.

*laughs* Of course Pokemon of the same species will be a lot more powerful the old Gameboy Pokemon games. They completed edited the stat system so that uber Pokemon like Mewtwo are weakened and weaker Pokemon are given a better chance.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

Ok, thanks for the info guys! I sure wish my Emerald Pokemon had my Crystal stats...