Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duels of the Jungle! (461)

I bet Aipom ate 20 servings of May's pokeblock. Anyway, I feel sorry for it losing to Weavile though it makes sense since Weavile has to be stronger than it.

Even though Aipom is inexperienced, I really don't think it was fair for it to have been defeated quite so thoroughly, and in quite the manner it was.

I'm not surprised he hasn't had Aipom for long, of course it would be defeated easily.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 29th July 2006 at 7:07 AM.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

And did I mention the size of that monkey? Holy Cow, has it taken steroids or something?!
    Nope, just bad art teams.XD Aipom and Pikachu both looked horrible this episode.;__;

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

WANT

PM me if you have one.

^ I'm surprised that Ash can hold up Aipom, especially with Pikachu on his other shoulder. Though this episode was good, the animation for Aipom and Pikachu were horrible.

I'm somewhat surprised that Ash didn't call for a doubly supereffective Focus Punch, but it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

i cant wait to see this in america!!!!!

Why is the size of Aipom and Pikachu ALL people care about? What about the obvious plot?

I looked at the pictures and what is with aipom? IT's HUGE!!!!!!! Looks like a good episode though, probably another year and half till we see it in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K
    The animation in this episode wasn't bad, but the Aipom size and wired Pikachu pic is wierd.
    Err It was bad. Apart from the problem with Aipom's size, there was sloppy animation here and there in this episode.
    There was a few animation errors in this episode too.
    Yeah, sorry to break it you, but this episode's animation was BAD.

Odd, when Ash first caught Aipom it was the same size as pikachu, but an episode later it just grew. Maybe its the same like in Xiaolin Showdown, A item called the "Serpents Tail" was larger than a subway train, but an episode after that, it was the size of a pen. I think japanese writers sometimes make mistakes like that.

Decent episode overall. Nothing amazing, yet nothing horrible either. The animation in this episode may have been less than stellar, but damn, they sure got May's figure right. Very nice.

Aipom getting KO'd so easily may be setting it up for some sort of 180 in the future.

May would have a good figure to you even if she looked like my sig. XD

Yeah, Aipom seems to be closer to evolving each episode, especially as it may now want to train and get better.

^ There are fat Misty pics like that too, hers are more disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    The animation in this episode may have been less than stellar, but damn, they sure got May's figure right. Very nice.
    They sure did, especially in the opening scene and the 7th-inning stretch.

I noticed this too. A good sign..may looked a bit to flat for my taste in the last batch of episodes. ( not to sound like I only look at that or only like woman with big breasts ^^; )

I didn´t find the animation this time that bad, there are way worse examples for a bad animated episode. And animation error have been in almost every episode since day one.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

No, that was just to advertise the 4th gen Pokemon.

Let this Weevile nonsense die, please. It's just another 4th gen Pokemon that will never be with any main character. There are tons of new great 4th gen pokemon we don't even know about yet, the writers are going to give those to the main characters, not this.
    don't get why people want someone to catch a Manyula so damn badly. I can bet anyone that Silver's Nyula is gonna end up evolving into one in the Special manga.

V, it is so f***in' great to see you're still alive. ^^ What the hell happened? Forgot to announce some vacation leave (should've took an example from Heracross)?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Good thing 4Kids won't be dubbing this...

LolZ, WEavilL Sexorz!

But this episode was a tad more violent then usual, maybe the writers relaized they were free from 4kids!

Even though we've had them for the last few episodes, I just noticed that the voices in the movie previews are dubbed over, quite badly also. But I suppose it's bareable as these things are keeping the damn trivia quizzes away.

Anothing random thing that I noticed: Not only did the Shadow Balls explode, but they actually exploded, rather than just turning into a pretty light show.

Overall, the episode wasn't as good as the Scyther one.

Just saw the episode. It was alright. Better than the Perap filler, at least. I am so freaking glad that the episode did not pull a cliche by having the Sneasel evolve at the end. Anybody notice how the park rangers always have the most generic designs in the show? I've seen background characters with more detail.

One of the things that could have helped make the episode more emotional would be to tweak the background music, which was actually pretty sub-par for a Japanese ep. Sure, they cued the slow and teary stuff for the flashbacks, but they could have done better with say...the final battle and the entrance of the other 4 Weaviles.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Yeah...I don't know where you guys are getting this 'May had a better figure than usual' stuff from. I'm just not seeing it, even with the examples Geodude provided. But hey, let's save that for topic for a rainy day~

Eh. I thought the episode was crap. I didn't care about the Weavile, I didn't care about the Sneasel, I didn't care about the pathetic excuse for a COTD, I didn't care about that shrub in the 5th scene, I didn't care about anything. Been there, done that, licked the spoon. It offered nothing new apart from a decent 4th gen dude, which just isn't enough for this whiny punk.
    I'd like to say the fight at the end was this episode's saving grace, but sadly it was let down by horrid animation. Infact, the whole episode was let down by horrid animation. Hell, I might have liked it a fraction of an iota more if there had been something nice to look at.
    And ffs, someone needs to be fired for being totally inept at keeping Aipom to it's correct size. It's just embarrassing and shows how sloppy this crew really is.

*Patiently waits for Juputoru and her amusing commentary to make this episode seem better than it was*

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Yeah...I don't know where you guys are getting this 'May had a better figure than usual' stuff from. I'm just not seeing it, even with the examples Geodude provided.
    Another example.

^ There are fat Misty pics like that too, hers are more disturbing.

WTF. That's all I can say, really.

To make this post on topic......it looks like an enjoyable episode. The rivalry between the outcast Weavile and the rest of the pack was an interesting idea as was having Aipom get its head handed to it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast