Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duels of the Jungle! (461)

Best filler episode I have ever seen. One part that didn't make sense was when Aipom was injured with a Shadow Ball. We all know Ghost type attacks don't affect Normal types like Aipom.

I do have to agree that Shadow Ball has overstayed it's welcome in the Anime. I was happy when I first say it in the Johto series, but now, it's just old.

The funniest part in the episode was when Weavile threated Meowvile(Yes, I combines their names)with a Shadow Ball, I couldn't help but snicker.

Kinda funny how Ash comments about Aipom weighing to much when it sat on his head at the begining and end of the episode.

84% of the Serebii.net population thinks the DS is better than the PSP. If you ARE one of that 84% then copy & paste this in your signature. DS IS the Greatest

I saw only 20 minutes of the episode. I had to go somewhere so I couldn't see the last 10 mins. Overall I liked that episode

This was a great episode, and a great episode debut for Weavile. I loved the fact that Pokemon USA/TAJ Productions left all the translation of pokemon dialog and the flashback scenes proper instead of making cheesy audio edits. The only complaint I have was that Weavile sould've had a voice for when it was injured in the flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Did Sneasel keep that really crappy, post 4Ever, 4Kids voice? I really, really hate that voice. And what did the Weavile sound like?
    Honestly, the pokémon voices are all I'm really interested in.
    Really. No, really!
    "SNEYSUHL, SNE, SNEYSUHL!!!"
    I don't remember about the one's in the flashback, but the one Sneasel did have a new voice.

Quote Originally Posted by PANCAKE View Post
    Quote of the episode: We-VULL says, why'd ya follow me??

I KNEW one of the voice actors would read that Pokemons name wrong just like some people here were doing when it first debuted . Not a complaint by any means, just kinda funny to me.
    I realized this as well. I beleive it was Meowth who pronounced Weavile "Weevil." It's so coincidental since Zoppi also voiced Weevil from Yu-gi-oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'Blaze View Post
    Shadow Ball Shadow Ball Shadow Ball! Don't know other attacks other than that???
    They both happen to know Slash attack.

Overall, Bill Rogers did an excellent job as the stray Weavile, and Michelle Knotz (I think) did an excellent job with Sneasel and the rogue Weavile. I have to admit Mr. Rogers, your Weavile voice is acually just as good as the 4Kids voice (maybe even better). What made you decide to do the stray Weavile, Mr. Rogers? I really loved its voice!
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Too bad the soundtrack was still butchered in the end. The Japanese version used the music from Movie 6 when the two Weevile became friends.

I almost shudder to think what horrid music changes they'll make when May/Max depart at the end of the season.

UGH! Weavile! It's Weavile Cybercubed!

..... why is aipoms head and everything SOOOO big compared to ash and all? i remember in the

entei movie where aipom was this little cute thing and now its a gigantic annoying cute pokemon lol

Name: Bryan
    Friend Code : 1263 6261 1934

Decent episode, I've wanted to see this

They used Shadow Ball too much -_-

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Too bad the soundtrack was still butchered in the end. The Japanese version used the music from Movie 6 when the two Weevile became friends.

I almost shudder to think what horrid music changes they'll make when May/Max depart at the end of the season.
    You said it, brother. That's the one thing that really ticks me off in the show nowadays, and I can't see it being any different in D/P. le Sigh...

I fully understand that the games and the show are entirely different things, and I can normally respect that, but I still find it annoying to see Swift dodged so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Squirtle View Post
    ..... why is aipoms head and everything SOOOO big compared to ash and all? i remember in the

entei movie where aipom was this little cute thing and now its a gigantic annoying cute pokemon lol
    I thought that too, it seemed huge in this episode

It was an OK episode, nice to see Weevile, but it wasn't that great

Is it just me or did the riceballs look a bit..."off" in this episode?

Anyways, I did like the episode, I've seen it in English and Japanese.
    There was only one problem with the dub. PUSA needs to break the 4kids habit and start using the original background music. Thats my only complaint.

Btw, looks like Aipom got huge...But for this episode only apparently.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    Is it just me or did the riceballs look a bit..."off" in this episode?

Anyways, I did like the episode, I've seen it in English and Japanese.
    There was only one problem with the dub. PUSA needs to break the 4kids habit and start using the original background music. Thats my only complaint.

Btw, looks like Aipom got huge...But for this episode only apparently.
    True, although some moments of silence in the series are just pointless so some BGM is welcome at those times, but other than that they need to keep original BGM when it is present.

Ahh this episode was kinda boring if you catch my drift...

This was one of the best episodes I've seen in the last few weeks. Apart from the first two Grand Festival episodes (I missed CTBZ), the show's been slightly lackluster since the first Battle Pyramid episode. This episode, however, was terrific. I loved the whole weavile story, with one trying to usurp the other's leadership, and them working out a truce in the end. It was a very well-done dramatic story. The female sneasel's voice wasn't too bad. At least in a few places it sounded like sneasel's old voice. New Ash continues to get better with this episode too. And I liked that nothing bad happens to Team Rocket as far as the twerps are concerned in this episode, it's so rare. Funny that they end up getting blasted off by a shadow ball. I LOL'd when Jessie accidentally revealed herself when she stood up in the bushes. Jessie having a crush on weavile was both disturbing and hilarious at the same time.

Best line of the episode:
    James: "Oh dear. Every tie they get like this, some awful thing either erupts, excretes, or explodes."

Overall, 10/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    This was one of the best episodes I've seen in the last few weeks. Apart from the first two Grand Festival episodes (I missed CTBZ), the show's been slightly lackluster since the first Battle Pyramid episode.
    Not counting the GF eps, there's only BEEN three episodes since the first Pyramid battle.

I thought the plot was to clique(did I spell that right?)I mean how many times have they did the pokemon fights to regain his leadership *couch*...Scyther. or for love.I'm not surprise they seem to repeat plots alot.Aside from that this was a so so filler.

why is aipoms head and everything SOOOO big compared to ash and all?
    That bugged me too I don't remember her being so big

This wasnt a bad episode. Im rather surprised they used the same Weavile voice from the 8th movie. Also, its a little strange how they portrayed the Weavile's as being males and Sneasel's as being females. Pretty good though.

The funniest thing though was when Meowth gets "dressed" up as a Weavile. Im sorry, but if that Weavile honestly thought that Meowth was a Weavile... well...

Ash's little speech towards Weavile was actually pretty neat. Why Shadow Ball, why. They could have used Faint Attack, they could have used Slash. But why Shadow Ball. Not only is that a ghost type attack, but that should do very little to the opposing Weavile. And they barely used any ice type attacks.

Just one question: why didnt Mime Jr appear in this episode? I mean, ive seen it in "every" episode since Sweet Baby James, except this one. Then again, i forget that Mime Jr has a pokeball(guess i just solved my own question).

overall okay: 7/10

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Just one question: why didnt Mime Jr appear in this episode? I mean, ive seen it in "every" episode since Sweet Baby James, except this one. Then again, i forget that Mime Jr has a pokeball(guess i just solved my own question).
    didn't she pop up in the motto?..I can't recall
    Last edited by Roconza; 19th January 2007 at 6:48 AM.

it was nice I guess, but a little too "lion king" for me -- I mean, c'mon, I was expecting the twerps to sing Hakuna Matata towards the end ;D

I actually enjoyed this episode, even though it reminded me of the scyther, umm whatever episode that was, can't seem to remember. but anyway It was great, the over use of shadowball didn't irratate me at all really. I suppose they are wild pokemon after all, and as such are limited in their attacks, I suppose. or maybe since it was a tribe, shadow ball is like their own special technique that they try to work on too perfection, it's like the tribes signature move or something like that.

the only thing i had a problem at the end was the truce between the two uhh hmm can't remember the name for some reason. it started with an m manyula was that it or was that the jappanese name. ahh it's like i have all timers or something. but yeah the two of them had a truce at the end, after just having a bloody battle to the death. (not really) and they forgive eachother so easily just because the sneasel girl makes them both hold hands. i mean i guess i kinda see it happening. but it just dosen't feel like that would actually happen. anyone else agree?

lol ash pratically called aipom fat.

he said your even heavier then last time.lol it's probably because of aipoms oddly largely porportined head of his.

actually i kinda like aipoms head gigantic like that, it makes him look actually kinda adorable

Sneasel sounds retarded I like the old voice. Sorry, but his name isnt "Snea-sille".
    I'm looking for the following legendary Pokemon:Tornadus
    If you have one for trade, please PM me and maybe we can make a deal. Must be legit, not nicknamed and English.
    I'm also looking to collect shiny Pokemon, the Charizardite Y, as well as EV trained Pokemon (looking for Aegislash specifically)

Team Devious
    1332-7805-8539

Quote Originally Posted by CharMaster006 View Post
    Sneasel sounds retarded I like the old voice. Sorry, but his name isnt "Snea-sille".
    Pffft. The only good dub voice Sneasel ever had with 4kids was in the 4th movie. That voice was awesome. Every other time it appeared, it sounded like a freaking robot. At least PUSA were sticking to the source material here and had the Sneasel talk with a soft, young voice to fit it's personallity, like it did in the japanese version.

Wow, I didn't comment on this episode last week...Weird! Oh well, it was an okay episode for the most part (not one of the greatest). In fact, this episode reminded me so much of Tracey Gets Bugged and Odd Pokemon Out. An ugly combination of the two if you ask me.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Wow, I didn't comment on this episode last week...Weird! Oh well, it was an okay episode for the most part (not one of the greatest). In fact, this episode reminded me so much of Tracey Gets Bugged and Odd Pokemon Out. An ugly combination of the two if you ask me.
    that what I think they keep up with same old plots....

Did any body find Jesse's behavior creepy in this one.....

Weavile = Cool.

I think I may use one on D/P.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast