Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duels of the Jungle! (461)

Jeez, how did they manage to stretch the very meager plot that this episode had in the first place to an entire episode's length? It's just replacing Scyther with Manyula, I tells ya!

And it's a shame, too. Because I concur that nearly everyone on this board was eagerly anticipating Manyula's debut in the anime, only for it to be made up of lumps that the episode crew found in a sewer one Tuesday lunchtime. Animation = no, plot = no, putting Manyula in the episode = no. It deserved better treatment than this.

At least Aipom got owned.

At least we got to see Weavile in action. If we didn't see the Weavile fights, this episode would probably be REALLY boring and pointless.

What about Meowth dressing up as a Weavile? That had to have at least a bit of redeeming value.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

...beh, I'm getting a bit tired of Shadow Ball. And Aipom needs to go on a diet.

May looks pretty much the same to me :/

Of course, nothing can be compared with the start of AG - DAY-UHM!

Shadow Ball has always been used a lot, no doubt, but what the hell was up with this overkill of Shadow Balls?! And Swift missed its target. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    *Patiently waits for Juputoru and her amusing commentary to make this episode seem better than it was*
    Go to her LJ and ye shall see~

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    *Patiently waits for Juputoru and her amusing commentary to make this episode seem better than it was*
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    Go to her LJ and ye shall see~
    Pressure pressure ;o;

-Ash and co are doing stuff.
    -Aipom runs off.
    -Weavile beats up Aipom.
    -Some guy comes along.
    -Weavile flashback.
    -Meowth puts on a crappy Weavile disguise.
    -Stuff happens.
    -More Weavile show up.
    -Weavile beats up another Weavile.
    -The Weavile become friends in the end.
    -Ash and co leave some guy's house while the sun sets.

Oh, you wanted humor? Sorry 'bout that.

-Forest, forest, Ash-tachi, Aip...HOLY **** THAT AIPOM IS HUGE.
    -IT'S BIGGER THAN PIKACHU! O_O
    -Oh, and May says stuff. BUT AIPOM IS HUGE.
    -Aipom's REALLY REALLY BIG. Its head is about four times the size of Ash's head! Its torso is about as big as Pikachu's head!
    -Ash chides Aipom for something. Most likely for becoming so FREAKING HUGE.
    -May, Max, and Brock laugh after Ash is hit on the head by Aipom. Must have been taking lessons from last week's children, those three.
    -They stumble upon a random clearing. Aipom is still gargantuan.
    -Aipom and Pikachu jump off of Ash's shoulders, thus giving his back a period of respite from the slow, slow process of developing problems due to excess weight.
    -Aipom is just AMAZED at every flower it sees. They're so...so...IDENTICAL.
    -Pikachu just can't keep up!
    -Pikachu freaks out when its short-term memory fails and it can't remember which patch of grass Aipom wandered into.
    -Aipom wanders a while before realizing that IT DUN KNOW WHERE IT IS.
    -The wind randomly blows. Why, you ask? Well, it's...
    -DRAMATIC TENSION SO THAT WEAVILE CAN APPEAR!
    -Then, out of the blue, all of Ash's Pokemon appear silouetted to save the day! ...oh wait, that's the opening.
    -Weavile wants to battle for no particular reason. And thus random wild Pokemon wanting to beat up your Pokemon in the games makes that much more sense. Or does it?
    -Aipom poses to battle, Weavile fires off a Shadow Ball, the resulting mini-explosion alerts Ash-tachi that HEY SOMETHING MIGHT BE GOING ON.
    -It takes Ash a moment to remember that he has no clue where Aipom is at the moment.
    -Weavile fires a Shadow Ball at Ash-tachi for no good reason. Dem things be AGGRESSIVE!
    -Weavile then does a kickass backflip into the direction of the sun, thus blocking part of it out, and magically levitates while firing off another Shadow Ball. One-trick weasel much?
    -Pikachu fires off a T-bolt at Weavile which is STILL defying gravity. This be the weasel of the devil, eh?
    -Weavile dodges from a still position in mid-air?!?! Whuh? What's it using to change direction and actually move?!
    -Weavile finally respects gravity again as it fires off another Shadow Ball, this time from the ground.
    -Said Shadow Ball seems like it'd make a nifty lawnmower. Look at that grass fly!
    -The explosion flings Pikachu allll the way to Ash's feet. But Aipom steps in to save the day!
    -Weavile dodges Swift, shocking Brock, May, and Max. Obviously, since Weavile is blatently defying every rule in the book, including "all things must obey gravity" and "Swift always hits".
    -Double Team is used to give Ash his own Monkey Army. Now, just give them wings to complete the manuveur and...oh, the Aipom are just charging at Weavile in a staight line while going "OOH AH AH AH AH AH! >:O"
    -Weavile then dodges EVERY SINGLE SWIFT fired at it and uses Staple...er, Shadow Ball again.
    -Aipom: O_O Max: O_O
    -Shadow Ball FINALLY hits something that's not the ground. Also known as Aipom.
    -Aipom's knocked out, and Weavile has disappeared as quickly as it showed up, fired off some shadow balls, and defied gravity.
    -A random guy shows up and DAMN Aipom's still huge.
    -Guy says some stuff and walks off with Aipom, while Ash-tachi run after him.
    -TR parts some grass and discusses what just occured over rice balls and tea. Well okay, just rice balls.
    -Jessie simply ADORES Weavile. Or maybe the rice ball. OR MAYBE SHE HAS A FETISH FOR WEAVILES MADE OF RICE.
    -Jessie wants to catch Weavile, Meowth starts to talk about making it a present for the boss, and..."NO NO!" Jessie wants it for herself! While hearts and crescent moons fall in the background behind her.
    -Jessie says something that pisses Meowth off(red anger vein and all!). No old-school scratching action, though.
    -Jessie and Meowth argue while James stays out of it like the lover-not-a-fighter he is.
    -Blah blah blah guy's house yadda yadda ooo flashback.
    -Lots of Manyula and Nyula(not using JP names is getting too difficult as I keep hearing them x.x) in the...trees?!
    -Guy(with a HOUNDOOM!) encounters that Manyula who fires a shadow ball at him(and HOUNDOOM!) and hey the flashback's over?
    -Cut to the Manyula from before. Cue flashback. Man this ep has NOTHING.
    -Manyula's walking around, apparently injured, when a Nyula appears! And the Nyula...sounds female! Nyula seems to be begging the Manyula to come back or something(did I mention that it's raining? Of COURSE it's raining! It makes it more dramatic!), but it doesn't work.
    -End flashback. Manyula runs into forest.
    -Stuff happens.
    -Damn Meowth's Manyula disguise is ugly.
    -Manyula slaps Meowth's paw for some reason.
    -Must...not...get...distracted...from...episode...t o do something more...interesting...
    -OH MY GOD WHERE'D MY WINDOW G...oh, I clicked the minimize button. Whew. ...yes, that was honestly more interesting than anything else I had to say ATM.
    -Meowth is scared of Manyula and runs away.
    -More stuff happens.
    -Motto happens. Only notable thing is that the R is in pastel rainbow colors. WHADDAYA MEAN IT'S NOT RED?
    -Jessie sucks up to Manyula-"sama" before fauning over it. XD
    -Jessie then does the funky chicken in an attempt to convince Manyula to let her catch it.
    -Max and May are repulsed by this display of bad dancing.
    -The Nyula from the flashback is back!
    -Nyula says stuff while Meowth translates. Of course, since I don't know Japanese it's not really helpful. :P
    -Flashback!
    -It appears that the (Man)nyula society's males and females are convieniently all Manyula for the males(get it? MANyula? ...yeah.) and Nyula for the females.
    -A new Manyula with a random vine around its body appears!
    -Meowth says something that I sort of understand with the Engrish "RIIDAA"(leader. Or maybe reader. XP)
    -So it's a leadership duel!
    -Both Manyula face off with the patented Manyula Shadow Ball.
    -But wait! Newcomer Manyula distracts Current Leader Manyula with a Shadow Ball before scratching CLM in the face!
    -Apparently one scratch is too much for Pansy Leader Manyula to take.
    -And thus Manyula 1 went away because Manyula 2 defeated it in a leadership duel, thus exiling Manyula 1 from the...pack? Just like on Animal Planet!
    -Manyula says stuff while Meowth still translates. Nyula is taken aback.
    -Nyula says something about the new leader. MEOWTH IS STILL WEARING THAT UGLY DISGUISE.
    -Ohshit. Manyula 2 is here, with several other members of its gang...er, pack?
    -Jessie's ****** off for some reason.
    -Jessie rushes in to help "Manyula-sama" but gets blasted off(along with James and Meowth) with a Shadow Ball for her effort.
    -DAMN Shadow Ball makes some big explosions!
    -Ash says something to encourage Manyula 1(who is currently being threatened by all those other Manyula, in case you forgot)
    -The sidekick Manyula do some ninja moves before circling around Manyula 1, but get T-bolted by Pikachu at the EXACT moment when they happened to be within three feet of each other! Oh, and they're blasted apart, because EVERYTHING causes explosions now!
    -I just realized that Pikachu's rear feet look really odd when it's on all fours.
    -Leadership duel, round two! BEGIN! Cue dramatic wind!
    -Ninja moves, defying of gravity, more Shadow Balls. Same old same old.
    -Wait! Manyula 1 blocks Manyula 2's claw attack this time!
    -Are Manyula part flying type or something? They stay in midair WAY too long.
    -Manyula 1 recalls that Manyula 2 tried this shadow ball trick on it last time, but NEVER AGAIN!
    -Manyula 2 is amazed that Manyula 1 has the memory span to react against tricks it tried before, this time by grabbing Manyula 2's claw and tossing it away.
    -Manyula 2 is pinned, Manyula 1 is above it and starts to go through the motion of scratching the loser's face, but...
    -It stopped short!
    -Nyula is happy. It just wants everyone to get along, you know?
    -And they do.
    -Cut back to the house. Aipom's better(aside from being QUITE LARGE).

Yeah this ep didn't have much aside from Gravity Defying Manyula and Giant Aipom. D:
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

This is a cool episode. I can't wait until they dub it. I hope that PUSA doesn't decide to butcher the hell out of it because it has such violence.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

This episode doesn't even have any more contact than usual.

When is this gonna air in the US?
    Mew through the ages...

PM me if you want to be friends!!!
    Fans of Sneasel or Weavile? Join the:
    Weavile and Sneasel Club

It should air in a couple of weeks. Well it should, since they are rushing all the episodes which is so good! I'm glad about that. But other than that!

This episode looks awesome! Looks great, with the introduction of a new Shinou Pokémon to the anime series. I have yet to see it, but I'm looking forward to it.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

This episode, as great as it is, probably won't be airing until January at the eariest. Fact is, if it was airing by the 31st, its title would've been revealed to us by now. But who knows, I could be wrong.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

This episode doesnt seem to be anything special, only that it has a Weavile in it. But im sure this episode will be a good filler.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

I'd seeing Weavile to bad he didn't show up eariler in the season overall I enjoyed the eppy.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Ah...no Chiisaki Mono.

This episode was great. Weavile was awesome. It was funny when Weavile threatened Meowth. I felt kind of bad for Weavile, but it was great to see Weavile beat his opponent. Although, it could’ve been better to see more attacks than just them Shadow Balling each other.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Yeah, they could have introduced Shadow Claw though, but it was a good episode, and Aipom was HUGE in the begining O.o

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Quote Originally Posted by TogeticTheRuler View Post
    Yeah, they could have introduced Shadow Claw though, but it was a good episode, and Aipom was HUGE in the begining O.o
    The writers probably weren't allowed to introduce any new D/P attacks yet.

This is one of the last real fillers of the Battle Frontier saga, and at least its a good one. Weevile is like the new Scyther, in fact, this entire episode was very similar to the episode where Tracey caught Scyther back in the Orange Islands.

Does anyone else think PUSA makes Ash act out of character at times? He's a lot more arrogant and harsh toward Pokemon in this dub than he was back in the 4kids version. Likewise, at the end of the episode he said, "That Aipom is nuts," whereas if 4kids was dubbing this, they would never have Ash say that about one of his own Pokemon. Its a pretty sharp contrast, I think.

Otherwise a nice episode with the highlight being the Weevile battles of course. Jessie has wanted a Sneasel ever since Johto, nice to see she still desperately wants one and its evo all the way now.

I noticed Weavile's ear was black instead of red when Pikachu was talking too it at one part.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The writers probably weren't allowed to introduce any new D/P attacks yet.

This is one of the last real fillers of the Battle Frontier saga, and at least its a good one. Weevile is like the new Scyther, in fact, this entire episode was very similar to the episode where Tracey caught Scyther back in the Orange Islands.

Does anyone else think PUSA makes Ash act out of character at times? He's a lot more arrogant and harsh toward Pokemon in this dub than he was back in the 4kids version. Likewise, at the end of the episode he said, "That Aipom is nuts," whereas if 4kids was dubbing this, they would never have Ash say that about one of his own Pokemon. Its a pretty sharp contrast, I think.

Otherwise a nice episode with the highlight being the Weevile battles of course. Jessie has wanted a Sneasel ever since Johto, nice to see she still desperately wants one and its evo all the way now.
    My opnion is that partially because of WB worries, 4 Kids was having Ash act 'out of character'. He now sounds like a more normal kid these days to my ears, and he tells it much more like it is, instead of being bland at times. I don't think saying Aipom is nuts is being harsh, becuase Aipom IS nuts. I know that certain things have loosened up since Cartoon Network took over, and it came at the right time. The show needed to grow, and now it feels a bit like the old Warner Brothers 2 - tiered humor, which I happen to love.

This was a GREAT filler episode. Seems like the 4th gen ads are reaching the U.S. now. In the form of episodes, I mean.

Weavile was GREAT! I loved the back story to the episode and the female Sneasel is so cute... Though I was about to yell at her for choosing the rogue Weavile over the main Weavile!

Did Sneasel keep that really crappy, post 4Ever, 4Kids voice? I really, really hate that voice. And what did the Weavile sound like?
    Honestly, the pokémon voices are all I'm really interested in.
    Really. No, really!
    "SNEYSUHL, SNE, SNEYSUHL!!!"
    Last edited by Gravy; 13th January 2007 at 3:56 PM.

I don't remember its voice in 4Ever, but Sneasle kinda sounds like a milder new Cacnea/Dustox, while at least the three-scarred Weavile kinda sounds like Sceptile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Did Sneasel keep that really crappy, post 4Ever, 4Kids voice? I really, really hate that voice. And what did the Weavile sound like?
    Honestly, the pokémon voices are all I'm really interested in.
    Really. No, really!
    "SNEYSUHL, SNE, SNEYSUHL!!!"
    Sneasel...well, I forgot its 4Kids voice(lucky me?), but it sounded more on the feminine side of Poke-voices(since the Sneasel's a girl and all), and I doubt that earlier Sneasel would have the need to sound like that, so...
    I already forgot what Weavile sounds like, which probably means it wasn't terrible but it wasn't outstanding either.

This ep isn't that great of a filler imo, but it DID provide us with many shining examples of things exploding for no reason and gravity-defying Pokemon, so it wasn't that bad. Anime bizzarities are always a winner desu!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Oy. Shadowball has sure worn out it's welcome. I love how poor normal type Aipom gets plowed over by one. But just like Britney Spears not wearing any panties when cameras are around, it will remain a mystery.

Quote of the episode: We-VULL says, why'd ya follow me??

I KNEW one of the voice actors would read that Pokemons name wrong just like some people here were doing when it first debuted . Not a complaint by any means, just kinda funny to me.

I wonder where there was a Krispy Cream around in the woods. Jessie, James and Meowth looked really cotten mouthed without any milk. Oh wait, those weren't donuts. They were rice balls! I wonder if you can just pop some quarters in a vending machine in Japan and get one just like a bag of chips. I digress.

Overall, a better debut for a D/P Poke' than last weeks snooze. It was action packed with shadowballs and explosions and donuts and some machine guns. 7 outta 10 from me.
    -Pancake-
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

IMO, that episode wasn't the best I've seen. Just a waste of my 22 minutes on a Saturday watching Cartoon Network. Jesse was hitting on a Weaville. I wonder where the rice balls came from. Shadow Ball Shadow Ball Shadow Ball! Don't know other attacks other than that???

It had a lot of action. Pikachu and Aipom got pwned by Weaville. The episode deserves 7.5/10.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast